• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

From what episodes I saw, I remember BW being a bit more indiscriminately brutal than other series as well. Nearly every Pokemon, even the baby ones, took a pounding every once in a while (likely so they could better sell the threat level with Team Rocket and the likes). I remember one episode TRio trapped Emolga in a cage with super ticked Exploud and had it beat the ever loving crap out of her. I don't think SM would ever dare do that with one of the female's mascot Pokemon, at least not without making all of it harmless slapstick.

Don't forget the fact that in that same episode that same Exploud actually tried to eat Iris's Axew going so far as to toss it in it's mouth and then closing it's mouth with Axew trapped inside, and Axew was only able to escape because it was able to use Dragon Rage to force Exploud to spit it out.

DatsRight

I suppose a consolation with BW was that while the official battles were kinda mediocre, the usually pitiful scenarios like the TR battles were almost applicable as proper experience for once. It was kinda a straight C- student in that area, over the usual mix of main arc As and filler Fs.

Actually were there a lot of curb stomps in the heroes' favour that series? I mean plot armour DEFINITELY happened a lot, but it felt like BW really wanted to sell the protagonists as fallible battlers. Like they couldn't even catch a break WINNING sometimes.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Ash should honestly just catch one of the Alolan eggsecutor and use dragon z with it. I feel like we haven’t really seen it battle yet either so that’d be neat!

Master Pikachu 11

one pokemon doesn't complete the team, and I really doubt they'd let him have Araquaid after the episode where Lana bonded with a Dewpider, since that would make that a pointless gesture. (unless he went through with it and takes Eevee away from Lana, but whatever)

Just giving Ash a pokemon isn't enough, they have to give it focus as well (Which at this point I don't think is feasible)or there's no reason for it to be there. Noivern and Torkoal come to mind as past captures that seemed more like dead space than anything from how rarely they got used, and contributed to their teams. I really do not want to see another situation like those two. Forcing him to capture something just to have a full team is not the right way to go about it.

Besides, the league isn't the only thing coming, Lana's brionne is going to evolve at some point which means focus for her, Guzma could appear meaning he gets attention, and Lillie needs a Z-ring.

That's the problem with this season, is that there are too many human characters, meaning Ash isn't getting as much focus as he normally does and this reflects onto his team, with how late we are I can't see any further captures working, Hapu was the point of no return, and that line has been crossed.

Speaking of the whole "four" thing. I don't remember who said this, but someone once said (I don't know if they were joking or not) that with all the symbolism of "Four" in Alola, Ash might end the region with four pokemon, how ironic indeed that person could be right.
Again my point still stands you are basing your argument on a reason that he won’t catch another Pokémon is because there is not enough time to give the Pokémon development and mentioned again how Noivern and Torkoal were wasted space. That is my point because Noivern and Torkoal were considered wasted space only proves my point that the writers do not care that much about development, which is why giving Ash another Pokémon still has a chance because it doesn’t have to get many focus episodes. Also because Noivern didn’t have many focus episodes even though it was caught before the gyms ended it also proves that the writers could still get a capture because they don’t invest their time in wanted to develop late captures and also don’t to value it as much as you want them too. Again Team Skull could end in one or two episodes, Lana’s Brionne just evolved so it is not going to evolve any time soon and could evolve after the league. Again there is plenty of time to at least get one more capture, if he needs a 6th then he can just use the reserves for that slot. But again unless you know what is going to happen in the future episodes then there is still plenty of time for him to get at least one more capture because again there are still multiple episodes left that can be dedicated to Ash.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Again my point still stands you are basing your argument on a reason that he won’t catch another Pokémon is because there is not enough time to give the Pokémon development and mentioned again how Noivern and Torkoal were wasted space. That is my point because Noivern and Torkoal were considered wasted space only proves my point that the writers do not care that much about development, which is why giving Ash another Pokémon still has a chance because it doesn’t have to get many focus episodes.

So you would rather the writers give Ash dead weight to justify having a full team, if you want to enjoy bad writing feel free.

Red and Blue

So you would rather the writers give Ash dead weight to justify having a full team, if you want to enjoy bad writing feel free.
Who cares if it is bad writing? Most of Ash's late captures don't receive much development regardless.

Zariful

One thing we could kind of look at and try to fill in some gaps for is that Poster
Steenee evolved into Tsareena, Lana captured Eevee,Lana’s mentor had a Primarina,Ash had Poipole and has Lycanroc, Stufful reunited with Bewear, Rowlet visited its Pikipek line family, Kiawe has Marowak, Jessie has Mimikyu, Sophocles has Togedemaru, Kukui has Incineroar, and Pancake Girl showed up with her Alolan Raichu. The remaining Pokémon on that poster are Decidueye, Komoo-o, Alolan Dugtrio. Depending on how the trial is formatted the Dugtrio could belong to Hapu. Hau’s Dartrix might have evolved off screen into Decidueye and Ryuki May show up with Komoo-o crystal.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Who cares if it is bad writing? Most of Ash's late captures don't receive much development regardless.

It's bad writing when there's too much else potentially going on because of the fact we have a larger human cast, and by extension more pokemon teams to deal with.

FTR Phanpy, Jason, Gible, and Krokorok all got enough developmental time to leave impacts on their teams, because Ash still had stuff (Gyms) left to do when he got them, Noivern on the other hand was the first one to buck the trend because it clearly didn't help the kalos team at all, but 1 out of 5 doesn't exactly kill the point, that Ash had enough time to raise his pokemon regardless of coming on late before the point of no return.

Hapu to me was Alola's point of no return, and they have clearly crossed that point, what else can Ash do besides wait for the league, and other sub plots Riley has mentioned? Because we know those other plots can happen, and squeezing a capture into those potential plots doesn't exactly work, anything at this point would feel forced and rushed and I for one do not want that, as bad as this team already is it doesn't need to be made worse.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
FTR Phanpy, Jason, Gible, and Krokorok all got enough developmental time to leave impacts on their teams,
Until now, I never thought about Glalie as a giant hockey mask with attitude. I'll call my next glalie Jason.

Anyway, his Alola team is pretty done by now, with or without poipole comming back. Whatever will be the surprise (if there's one), waiting is the only thing left.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I'd like to see Ash catching if there's time 1 of these: Mudsdale,Kommo-o, Crabrawler. If not, then very likely for the league Naganadel(Poipole will likely evolve) will return to assist Ash in the league and Ash will use reserves( 100%).Or maybe he catches as for his 6th Pokemon( counting Naganadel will return for the league), previous Gen mon who will get gen 8 evolution in Gen 8 or he will catch Gen 8 mon in Alola.

Agstrek

If Ash were to have a full team without the problem of screentime and developement, I have an idea as to how Ash can have two more pokemon.

1. Poipole's return : Now, its true that poipole doesen't have any battle experience, but it did showed interest in it, so what I think is that it could train with its fellow Poipoles or Naganadel. If it did returned, we could have a small flashback for its training which would solve the battle experience issue.

2. The Passiman Tiny fron Ep64 : There could be an episode dedicated to where Ash either catches it because a new leader took Tiny's place or he could ask it to help kinda like goodra and since Ash was declared as the troop leader in the episode. It already got some development in episode 64 and SM has a habit of making the seemingly filler episode into non filler, they could easily do this if they want to.

Ofcourse this will probably never happen, but there's nothing wrong in speculating.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Poipole's return : Now, its true that poipole doesen't have any battle experience, but it did showed interest in it, so what I think is that it could train with its fellow Poipoles or Naganadel. If it did returned, we could have a small flashback for its training which would solve the battle experience issue.

I agree, all that it lacked was combat practice and training with it's own kind ain't exactly different from Charizard training in the valley.

But if it does come back, it better stay for good, besides maybe Lusamine and Co may realize that sending the UB's away isn't the best way to handle things.

Yes some of the UB's (Nihelgo and Guzzlord) are bad, but most of the other ones didn't seem all that threatening, if they wanted to stay in the "real" world and live in peace with other pokemon, why deny them that chance?

Decidueye23

I agree, all that it lacked was combat practice and training with it's own kind ain't exactly different from Charizard training in the valley.
the problem with that is that charizard had way more battle experience along with ash way before it was sent to Lisa. Poipole barely had any experience while being with ash, so even if it comes back now it feels like so much potential was wasted because we could have seen it train with ash more.

DatsRight

the problem with that is that charizard had way more battle experience along with ash way before it was sent to Lisa. Poipole barely had any experience while being with ash, so even if it comes back now it feels like so much potential was wasted because we could have seen it train with ash more.

Also it would be questionable as being down to his talent. He didn't raise Poipole to be strong, while he at least had a hand in training his current four and teaching them all new attacks.

D

Deleted member 384931

Thb I don't know why they wait so long to give Ash another pokémon? Does no other Aloloan pokémon fit him or are they running out of inspiration?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Thb I don't know why they wait so long to give Ash another pokémon? Does no other Aloloan pokémon fit him or are they running out of inspiration?
Probably wanted to keep his team small since he has 7 other people and their Pokèmon to juggle focus with (technically 5 but TRio get a decent amount of focus).

D

Deleted member 384931

Probably wanted to keep his team small since he has 7 other people and their Pokèmon to juggle focus with (technically 5 but TRio get a decent amount of focus).
It is kinda sad, Torrocat had so much potential, but they didn't gave it much focus. And let us don't talk about poor Rowlet. They shoved all the focus to Lycanroc.

Status
Not open for further replies.