• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zariful

They're pairing up Ash's Pokemon. Torracat has a rivalry with Lycanroc, Poipole bonded with Pikachu due to its light, and now it looks like Rowlet will be a big brother to Meltan
It could be like Hawlucha and Noivern.

Zariful

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Froakie and Fletchling had a bromance?
very early on, then it kinda shifted to hawlucha-froakie/frogadier mid kalos and then disappeared entirely

ShadowForce720

very early on, then it kinda shifted to hawlucha-froakie/frogadier mid kalos and then disappeared entirely

Well actually although Froakie/Frogadier did get partnered up with Hawlucha for a bit it was pretty clear that Fletching/Fletchinder/Talonflame was Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja's main partner as they got paired up a lot more then Froakie/Frogadier did with Hawlucha.

Zariful

Well actually although Froakie/Frogadier did get partnered up with Hawlucha for a bit it was pretty clear that Fletching/Fletchinder/Talonflame was Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja's main partner as they got paired up a lot more then Froakie/Frogadier did with Hawlucha.
I only really remember Froakie and Fletchling partnering up once in Olympia's gym.

nickdt

Don't forget Frogadier was around when Fletchinder pretty much saved his and Ash's life against Moltres when it evolved.

p96822

Evolve me please
You know what! Alot of fire type Pokemon get the shaft when come to move sets. Quilava, Blaziken, Pignite, Braixen, and Torraacat only have two type moves

Ash-Greninja4life

so having a third temporal pokemon is a good idea?

I totally agree. Kalos he released Goodra and Greninja and I went crazy, I’m sure others did too. But his Pseudo-Legendary and Bond Phenomenon pokemon were removed. Why? Why isn’t Ash allowed to have strong Pokemon, Goodra being his first fully evolved Pseudo and Greninja essentially being a god. Meltan although a Mythical Pokemon, should remain Ash’s Pokemon, Oak it for sure. If not, he’d literally have only kept 6 Pokemon from the previous 2 regions. Talonflame, Noivern, Hawlucha, Rowlet, Torracat and Lycanroc

nickdt

Neither Goodra nor Greninja were released, so I don't know why anyone would "go crazy."

Ahummm... Greninja is in the wild without a human caretaker, which means its released (Else Pidgeot, Butterfree, Lapras, Poipole, Buzzwole and Stakataka aren't either).

Despite Goodra being in the wild, it has a human caretaker, so Goodra being released or not is up for debate.

Decidueye23

at this point, we barely get to see even the oaked mons. So i really dont care if he oaks them or places them in someones care or just downright releases them. If the writers want to make a pokemon come back then they will irrespective of where it is.

Kintaro

Banned
Ahummm... Greninja is in the wild without a human caretaker, which means its released (Else Pidgeot, Butterfree, Lapras, Poipole, Buzzwole and Stakataka aren't either).

Despite Goodra being in the wild, it has a human caretaker, so Goodra being released or not is up for debate.
You can afirm that next time we see them. If we can ever see them again.

Neither of them are released. Goodra was already brought back the same way Charizard/Squirtle were. Greninja still has the bond with Ash and Pokeball, and we'll see it again eventually.

nickdt

Neither of them are released. Goodra was already brought back the same way Charizard/Squirtle were. Greninja still has the bond with Ash and Pokeball, and we'll see it again eventually.

Then Pidgeot, Lapras and Butterfree aren't released either since plottwist: They also have a Bond with Ash.

Charizard and Squirtle have human caretakers. As such, they are in training, same as Goodra.

If a Pokemon is in the wild, Ash has no way of contacting it, since he doesn't know where he is, and no, don't come to much with the he has the bond argument, since he also doesn't retrieve Pidgeot, despite him knowing where he is. If a Pokemon is in the wild, it officially has to be classed as a wild mon, since others have a change of catching them already, however, this doesn't happen with Ash. Ash sends them in the wild, but doesn't OFFICIALLY release them to prevent other trainers to catch the mons, however, this doesn't change the fact they are released, because he cannot locate them because they are in the wild.

Ash-Greninja4life

Then Pidgeot, Lapras and Butterfree aren't released either since plottwist: They also have a Bond with Ash.

Charizard and Squirtle have human caretakers. As such, they are in training, same as Goodra.

If a Pokemon is in the wild, Ash has no way of contacting it, since he doesn't know where he is, and no, don't come to much with the he has the bond argument, since he also doesn't retrieve Pidgeot, despite him knowing where he is. If a Pokemon is in the wild, it officially has to be classed as a wild mon, since others have a change of catching them already, however, this doesn't happen with Ash. Ash sends them in the wild, but doesn't OFFICIALLY release them to prevent other trainers to catch the mons, however, this doesn't change the fact they are released, because he cannot locate them because they are in the wild.

I can see why you would say this. If they’re not currently at oaks lab or part of Ash’s active Party, they are either A.) in training, so Charizard (if he still is), squirtle (even tho he was at oaks lab when they went to visit Kanto) and Primape (Where is it??) or B.) released, Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras, Greninja, Goodra and Poipole. Yes, Ash May still have the pokeball, and I have said that we will likely see them both again. But bulbapedia and any source labels them as released. Ash couldn’t just bring Goodra from the wetlands because then it would be unguarded (I mean permenantly, league doesn’t count) that was the whole point of its ‘release’ as for Greninja, it’s with Zygarde and Squishy, where? Who knows, Ash might be able to feel Greninja but there is nowhere of knowing where it is. Personally I believe they’re released with the possibility of returning, still makes them released though

nickdt

I can see why you would say this. If they’re not currently at oaks lab or part of Ash’s active Party, they are either A.) in training, so Charizard (if he still is), squirtle (even tho he was at oaks lab when they went to visit Kanto) and Primape (Where is it??) or B.) released, Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras, Greninja, Goodra and Poipole. Yes, Ash May still have the pokeball, and I have said that we will likely see them both again. But bulbapedia and any source labels them as released. Ash couldn’t just bring Goodra from the wetlands because then it would be unguarded (I mean permenantly, league doesn’t count) that was the whole point of its ‘release’ as for Greninja, it’s with Zygarde and Squishy, where? Who knows, Ash might be able to feel Greninja but there is nowhere of knowing where it is. Personally I believe they’re released with the possibility of returning, still makes them released though

tbh, i wouldn't take Bulbapedia for 100% true though, especially since they have classed Buzzwole and Stakataka as temporary, while they aren't, since they are released (And if you class them as temporary, you also have to class Poipole as such, since it was caught for the same reasons as them).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Greninja actually has a chance of appearing again, unlike Pidgeot and Lapras.
Rather it be this region or Galar, especially see Greninja coming back if Galar and Kalos really are right next door to each other

tbh, i wouldn't take Bulbapedia for 100% true though, especially since they have classed Buzzwole and Stakataka as temporary, while they aren't, since they are released (And if you class them as temporary, you also have to class Poipole as such, since it was caught for the same reasons as them).

Ash actually caught them, unlike all those others they have classed as temporary. I put them in the same boat as Raticate and Beedrill, owned but given up

Status
Not open for further replies.