• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I thought people would be more excited at Ash catching his first mythical, lol.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Except these are mythicals, and they are most likely getting released.
meltan will most likely stick around long enough to get oak'd

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I thought people would be more excited at Ash catching his first mythical, lol.

After what happened with Poipole it's better to be cautious.

If he's catching it for himself to keep and oak's it by choice, then yeah it would be cool.

However, if he's only catching it for research purposes or is planning on handing it over to Oak when he gets back to kanto (or sends it after getting it) then that takes the wind out of the capture being exciting, because he's not getting it for himself.

Zariful

I think Ash might actually keep his unlike Shaymin and potentially Magearna. And you know, actually put his inside a pokeball. Since Meltan likes Rowlet. How do you think this relationship will impact Rowlet going forward. Do you think it'll be a more Rowlet will try to protect Meltan or Meltan grows up to protect Rowlet. What's the character development.

bewearsus

So I suggested a while back that the classmates would likely receive last minute undeserved power ups, and all of them might just end up participating in the league and looks like it's gaining traction (unfortunately). Lana with Eevee, Primarina, Lillie likely with Ninetales and Magearna, Mallow with Shaymin and Tsareena, Sophocles with Togedemaru and Vikavolt and finally Kiawe himself all have two Pokémon or more and can participate in the league. We don't even know if there's any rules for this league (since it's the inaugural league) so it's likely Kukui will allow any idiot to compete. So the classmates, Gladion, Hau, Illima and possibly Guzma and Royal Mask would likely make up the challengers.
Yup. It’s looking more likely that they are going to get powerups just for the league

Ash
Kiawe
Soph
Lana
Mallow
Lillie
Gladion
Ilma
Kukui

It’s a lot of them but they’re all gonna flop so who cares. Hopefully they spend all the budget on the league battles.

Red and Blue

Seeing as they are mythicals, not legends, I don’t aee the problem.

And no, they’re not the same thing.
They kind of are though. Both categories are powerful, rare Pokemon. The only difference is that you can't catch mythicals in the game. And that limitation doesnt exist in the anime.

DannyDiglett

If they continue bonding the main characters with mythicals there could be one for every classmate:

Ash - Meltan
Mallow - Shaymin
Lillie - Magearna
Lana - Manaphy (main series debut)
Kiawe - Victini (main series debut)
Sophocles - ???

MegaSalamence05

If they continue bonding the main characters with mythicals there could be one for every classmate:

Ash - Meltan
Mallow - Shaymin
Lillie - Magearna
Lana - Manaphy (main series debut)
Kiawe - Victini (main series debut)
Sophocles - ???

I think Sophocles could be paired with Jirachi. It fits well with the observatory theme that he has going

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I think Sophocles could be paired with Jirachi. It fits well with the observatory theme that he has going
Ugh please no, unless they’re all magically going to save the islands with the tapus then I think it’s such a dumb idea to have them here as if they just like animating them more than normal Pokémon. Are the writers that stuck for making this series interesting that they’re just gonna throw in all the random mythicals or legendariess? Is this a repeat of the hoopa movie?

ShadowForce720

They kind of are though. Both categories are powerful, rare Pokemon. The only difference is that you can't catch mythicals in the game. And that limitation doesnt exist in the anime.

I think it's important to point out that Mythical and Legendary pokemon vary in strength. It's funny that people will recognize that not all Mythical and Legendary pokemon are on the same strength as each other, and yet when it comes to Ash getting one suddenly people act like all legendary and Mythical pokemon are as strong as Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Mega Rayquaza, and Arceus, even though that's not the case.

There is nothing really prevent Ash from keeping Meltan even if it becomes a Melmetal, and in regards to the whole idea that oh he would have to release or give to Oak, exactly where is Melmetal going to go, as it's not like other legendary and Mythical pokemon where it has somewhere it has to be, and on top of that if Oak is likely going to want to research Melmetal, however that does not require for Ash to release his Meltan for him to give or Melmetal to Oak.

This because in the case of Meltan Oak already has 19 Meltan to research it's not going to be a problem if Ash uses the one he owns, and even if it evolve into Melmetal Oak does not need Ash to give him ownership of Melmetal do to the simple fact that Oak will have plenty time to research it when Ash drops it off with his other pokemon at Oak's lab when he is going to go to the next region.

I mean if Meltan/Melmetal is going to end up at Oak's Lab anyway then Ash doesn't really have to release it after all he can use Melmetal at the league and then drop it off at Oak's lab when he is going to the next region.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
There's no reason for it to be released, it's not treated as special
yeah, meltan isn't shown to be specially strong, just a pokemon that has never been seen as far as any character currently knows

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I hope Ash's Meltan ends up Oak'd instead of released, two releases in two consecutive series is too much imo (altough I don't consider Goodra and probably Greninja to be released).
Goodra is far closer to released than Greninja is. Greninja's job has a set amount of things to do and once finished, it will no longer be needed.

And yeah, I don't really see Meltan being released. Unless it decides later to join up with the other Meltan and evolve.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Goodra is far closer to released than Greninja is. Greninja's job has a set amount of things to do and once finished, it will no longer be needed.

And yeah, I don't really see Meltan being released. Unless it decides later to join up with the other Meltan and evolve.
and even then, the preview heavily implies the 19 other meltan will end up at oak's, so even if he has to evolve he'll still most likely end up oak'ed instead of released, at worst being like bulbasaur (as in, an active member at oak's lab rather than just a stored mon)

Kintaro

Banned

Goodra is in no way released, that's why it already came back. Ash did not release any pokemon in XY.

Poipole is the first real release Ash has had since Lapras.

Status
Not open for further replies.