• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Oak has the 19 Meltan at the lab, I hope that what could happen is that he researches them a bit longer while Ash his own Meltan. Then before the Alola League starts, Oak decides to send them back to Alola and assuming Meltan evolves by gathering together, something will happen that requires all 20 Meltan to evolve into Melmetal which Ash then can use for the league.

And then once Ash is done with the league, Melmetal can be Oak'd once Ash gets back to Pallet so he can research Meltan's newly evolved form. That's probably a scenario I can see that can have Ash keep his Meltan/potential Melmetal.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
People talking about the Magearna while I'm here wondering why even give Lillie the Ice Stone if Vulpix is still gonna appear on promotion. Who wants to bet this is May's Blaziken all over again, meaning Lillie's last episode of relevance is when she'll get Alolan Ninetales?
Lillie's gonna join the League, sweep through it with Shiron, evolve her before battling Ash, then unveil her brand new Z-Ring she got offscreen then take out all of Ash's pokémon with one Z-Move and win the League

OgPokemaster93

If Oak has the 19 Meltan at the lab, I hope that what could happen is that he researches them a bit longer while Ash his own Meltan. Then before the Alola League starts, Oak decides to send them back to Alola and assuming Meltan evolves by gathering together, something will happen that requires all 20 Meltan to evolve into Melmetal which Ash then can use for the league.

And then once Ash is done with the league, Melmetal can be Oak'd once Ash gets back to Pallet so he can research Meltan's newly evolved form. That's probably a scenario I can see that can have Ash keep his Meltan/potential Melmetal.

Doubt they would evolve Ash’s Meltan think it would stay the same Melmetal will probably happen at Oaks lab with the rest of the Meltan forming together Ash will have the only Meltan left y would they send them to Oak then send them back to Alola?

ShadowForce720

Doubt they would evolve Ash’s Meltan think it would stay the same Melmetal will probably happen at Oaks lab with the rest of the Meltan forming together Ash will have the only Meltan left y would they send them to Oak then send them back to Alola?

To have Professor Oak research them and then when he notice they seem to be wanting to go back to Alola reunite with Ash's Meltan he sends them back over to Alola where they merge with Ash's Meltan which then evolves into Melmetal, and then Melmetal decides to stay with Ash and then he uses it at the league and then when he is about to go over to the next region he drops his Alolan team off(including Melmetal) at Oak's Lab which allow Professor Oak to research Melmetal while Ash is traveling through Galar, and Ash would still be able to call upon Melmetal like he is able to do with his other reserves.

Plus when you actually think about it would make a lot of sense to evolve Ash's Meltan into Melmetal that way they can give Melmetal more screen time and show it off more rather then it only just showing up in one episode.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I wonder if the Ash didn't release Greninja believers also believe that Ash is gonna one day get Pidgeot back seeing as he made a promise that he would... and the fact it's flock lives near his home town.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

I don't think Ash will catch Melmetal. He'd only have Meltan. Reason why he'd need to catch Melmetal.. well logically, if Ash has 1 Meltan and 19 Meltan are wild and they get together to evolve, Melmetal would be wild because 19 > 1. Only way I'd see Ash owning Melmetal would be if he catches at least 10 or 11 Meltan so can majority or equal Meltan be his for Melmetal to be his( I don't see this) or when 20 Meltan evolve he catches Melmetal( possible, but I don't see it as Ash's Pokemon), I think Ash will only have Meltan. As for league, I don't see Meltan participating( if Meltan "arc" happens after league), but to be like Zygarde core aka cheering for Ash.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I wonder if Magearna getting involved will mean we'll finally get its Original Color design released.

Or is going to be lost to time like the Eternal Flower Floette.

OgPokemaster93

I don't think Ash will catch Melmetal. He'd only have Meltan. Reason why he'd need to catch Melmetal.. well logically, if Ash has 1 Meltan and 19 Meltan are wild and they get together to evolve, Melmetal would be wild because 19 > 1. Only way I'd see Ash owning Melmetal would be if he catches at least 10 or 11 Meltan so he can majority or equal for Melmetal to be his( I don't see this) or when 20 Meltan evolve he catches Melmetal( possible, but I don't see it as Ash's Pokemon, I think Ash will only have Meltan. As for league, I don't see Meltan participating( if Meltan "arc" happens after league), but to be like Zygarde core aka cheering for Ash.

He already is getting one! He’s not catching 10 and if he’s getting Melmetal he could catch all 20 like his Taurus but we just have to wait and see

Zariful

So with less than 24 hours til the episode is released, are there any doubts on if Ash will catch the Meltan that befriended Rowlet? The promotional art gives the vibe that Meltan will at least stick around along with Shaymin and Magearna. I'd wager this could be the potential moveset
Flash Cannon
Thundershock
Harden
Headbutt
Man if it had that moveset, it would already be capable of using three z moves. Rest in pieces Torracat.

Red and Blue

So with less than 24 hours til the episode is released, are there any doubts on if Ash will catch the Meltan that befriended Rowlet? The promotional art gives the vibe that Meltan will at least stick around along with Shaymin and Magearna. I'd wager this could be the potential moveset
Flash Cannon
Thundershock
Harden
Headbutt
Man if it had that moveset, it would already be capable of using three z moves. Rest in pieces Torracat.
Yeah I'm fairly confident he will catch it. Unlike Eevee there are hints both in the anime and merchandise.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope Ash's Meltan ends up Oak'd instead of released, two releases in two consecutive series is too much imo (altough I don't consider Goodra and probably Greninja to be released).

I just want Ash to take four Pokemon home.
I don't want to see him add a pitiful amount of three to his lab roster for the second time in a row.

I wonder if the Ash didn't release Greninja believers also believe that Ash is gonna one day get Pidgeot back seeing as he made a promise that he would... and the fact it's flock lives near his home town.

Of course not, Pidgeot's never coming back. And I don't think more than two people want it to, Pidgeot didn't have any personality unlike all his other OS Pokemon. That's why nobody cared it left.
Greninja however will.
1. It's a starter
2. Popular as heck
Just cause it probably isn't happening this saga doesn't mean it won't.

I wonder if Magearna getting involved will mean we'll finally get its Original Color design released.

Or is going to be lost to time like the Eternal Flower Floette.

And good ol' notch ear Pichu, forever stuck in gen 4 limbo

D

Deleted member 384931

Talking about the league, I am really interested in it. Hopefully we will learn more about the type of battles.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Of course not, Pidgeot's never coming back. And I don't think more than two people want it to, Pidgeot didn't have any personality unlike all his other OS Pokemon. That's why nobody cared it left.
The only OS Pokemon other than Pikachu that had any real personality was Charizard... it literally took the Orange Islands and Johto region to give Bulbasaur and Squirtle actual character. Not that I expect Ash's OG bird to ever make a comeback, but it not having a personality is hardly a fault against it.

Greninja however will.
1. It's a starter
2. Popular as heck
Your fair point is fair, but it's still released the exact same way Pidgeot was... to protect something and no trainer around in sight. There is a way to make it believable if it ever comes back, although how believable really comes down to exactly how the game treats Zygarde.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I just want Ash to take four Pokemon home.
I don't want to see him add a pitiful amount of three to his lab roster for the second time in a row.

Greninja however will.
1. It's a starter
2. Popular as heck

And good ol' notch ear Pichu, forever stuck in gen 4 limbo
and cosplay pikachu, stuck in ORAS and spinoffs

ShadowForce720

I've been thinking in regards to that Araquanid that showed up in episode 71 at first I thought that was a Totem Araquanid(which has a height of 10'02"/3.1m) because it looked so big, however now I'm starting to wonder if it was just a normal sized Araquanid(which has a height of 5'11"/1.8m) and the only reason it looked so big was because we were seeing it from the perspective of a Dewpider(which has a height of 1'00"/0.3m).

Because when you stop and think about it, given how the anime usually treats Totem pokemon it would have been weird for that Araquanid to never meet one of the characters that is currently on the main cast, however if that Araquanid was just a normal sized Araquanid then it wouldn't be that odd for it to not show up again, after all they could just have the Dewpider that had a crush on Lana come back and evolve into a Araquanid or if they didn't want to go that route they could even have a character show up with a Araquanid.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

I hope Ash's Meltan ends up Oak'd instead of released, two releases in two consecutive series is too much imo (altough I don't consider Goodra and probably Greninja to be released).
I agree with this we don’t need anymore releases or temporary Pokémon especially when they could have easily given him a non mythical Pokémon that he could catch such as Goliospod, jangmo-o line, mudbray line, Cutiefly line, etc. if he catches Meltan which I believe he will, then it needs to go back with him to kanto along with Lycanroc, Torracat, and Rowlet after the series is over. No more releases!

Status
Not open for further replies.