• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Also, Kiawe used Charizard to battle Ash's Pikachu during their battle. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets used at the Alola League.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
For all the hate SM gets this is still the first series that has given ash mythical to legendary to rare special pokemon even if it is for temporary basis, that's somethng new.

DavidD001

I actually heard Meltan say 'bye bye' when it waved at the other Meltans.
I think that Meltan is actually gonna go back to Kanto with Ash.
I'm glad that Ash now officially has Meltan and this makes his first official Steel-type as well as Mythical rank pokemon.

Last edited:

Ash-Greninja4life

Well Ash has officially caught his first Mythical Pokemon!! Yeah Meltan decided to go with Ash because of the relationship with Rowlet, so basically they’ll Oaked together at the end. Only thing is, Meltan’s base states are 300 total, even Rowlets is 320 and Poipole’s 420, sure it knows Thundershock and Flash Cannon, but I can’t imagine it will be a competent battler for Ash, especially because of how slow it is and the lack of power it has also. So I wonder how they will get around that, perhaps if Rowlet evolves to save Meltan from something, Meltan will do the same for Dartrix and we get 600 base total Melmetal. But I’d see Meltan being more a cheerleader Pokemon for the league than anything else, it’s kinds like Goomy at first comparison how it just watched until it evolved

MegaSalamence05

Cool thing to note is that Ash’s Meltan is actually Shiny! It didn’t seem like it at first but in the end, Meltan’s ring gradually got darker and darker until it was completely distinctive from the others. That’s pretty cool.

The Shiny variation of Meltan is like a red bronze not a darker gold version.

It's a normal Meltan I think they just Colour errors when the episode progressed. So unfortunately it's not a Shiny Meltan, but eh Ash caught a Meltan, A Mythical Pokemon, in a normal Pokeball that got caught in its face if that doesn't become a thing I'll be sad that made laugh out loud. Good times.

Now I do question the scene when Ash is staring at a normal Pokeball in the opening. Is he staring at Meltan's pokeball, how is he going to train it and it does seem to be very protective and a competent battle albeit it was Team Rocket

DavidD001

Cool thing to note is that Ash’s Meltan is actually Shiny! It didn’t seem like it at first but in the end, Meltan’s ring gradually got darker and darker until it was completely distinctive from the others. That’s pretty cool.
I didn't see any sparkles happen so unless they changed how shinies sparkle...its hard to tell. But I will admit that Ash's Meltan is a darker color that looks very similar to the shiny version showed in the games.

MissAngel

Drizzile=My Spirit Pokemon
Had to come back to the anime to see if he actually got Meltan. I doubt he will do much with it after Poipole and since it came so late in the region, but I am pleased to see he finally got a steel type. (Wouldn't be surprised if it does nothing, though.) I also like the bond between Meltan and Rowlet.

Last edited:

OgPokemaster93

Meltan knows flash cannon and Harden! It look like it show cased thunder shock in prior episodes and after this episode it seems that the other meltan are sticking around also maybe ash does get Melmetal soon smh even though I’m against it

Had to come back to the anime to see if he actually got Meltan. I doubt he will do much with it after Poipole and since it came so late in the region, but I am pleased to see he finally got a steel type. I also like the bond between Meltan and Rowlet.

If you watch him battle Mewoth he has already did more then Poipole in one episode and showcased two moves and showed a super OP flash cannon that’s already more action then Poipole and his one episode showcasing fury attack

Last edited by a moderator:

playerking

If you watch him battle Mewoth he has already did more then Poipole in one episode and showcased two moves and showed a super OP flash cannon that’s already more action then Poipole and his one episode showcasing fury attack
It only used Flash Cannon, no other moves were named, so we don't have confirmation on that and I don't see how the Flash Cannon was OP. It needed to use it twice to knock out both Meowth and Jessie.

playerking

And now? About will we speculate now?
Well, seeing as the League will be officially announced in SM115 and there not going straight to the league in SM116, Ash still has time to catch one more, as late as it would be. Although an empty slot would be nice for a reserve to come back. Then there's the speculation for when Lillie will use her Ice Stone.

Kintaro

Banned
I'd be surprised if they don't just bring Poipole back, if the league is happening in roughly 10-15 eps they can't rush in another capture. I also highly suspect Meltan will evolve fast similar to Snorunt/Glalie just to showcase its evolution before the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.