• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
No more moot than anything else, it could change its mind and come back.
Yes, more moot. It changing its mind would be one of the stupidest things ever. It's goodbye would be unnecessary. It can temporarily come back, but if it wanted to leave, it would have.

But, what is there to catch?

Anything else that he or his classmates don't already own.

Just bring Poipole back.

Not when it would leave its goodbye pointless and lead to lazy writing.

it wouldn't be as bad as Poipole did at least bond with Ash and Pikachu.

It would, because despite the emotional goodbye, bringing it back just for the League is lazy writing.

nickdt

Where do you get that impression from, when Incineroar is one of the most promoted SM starters? They would have left it as a Litten if they had no desire to evolve it.

If you look closely at the opening section with Kukui and the League, you can clearly see him and Incineroar face off against a quadruped mon. Sure, it can be Pikachu, but it looks like Torracat to me. Yes, they can change the opening, but for me, that makes less sense than with other mons, since the Kukui and Incineroar is just a background, unlike the MC mons.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
If you look closely at the opening section with Kukui and the League, you can clearly see him and Incineroar face off against a quadruped mon. Sure, it can be Pikachu, but it looks like Torracat to me. Yes, they can change the opening, but for me, that makes less sense than with other mons, since the Kukui and Incineroar is just a background, unlike the MC mons.
It's a Pokemon using an Electric-type move. It's Pikachu.

Kintaro

Banned
Bayleef, Quilava, and Pignite all say hi to your theory that evolution to middle stage by default always means they will also evolve to their final evolution.

Quilava didn't evolve until after Johto ended, I'm not sure why you'd bring that up, it stayed in its first stage because the writers had no intention of evolving it back then. Bayleef and Pignite stayed in their middle forms because there was nothing story or promotion wise to evolve them. I have no idea why you'd apply that to Torracat/Incineroar.

KKS-Lapras

Quilava didn't evolve until after Johto ended, I'm not sure why you'd bring that up, it stayed in its first stage because the writers had no intention of evolving it back then. Bayleef and Pignite stayed in their middle forms because there was nothing story or promotion wise to evolve them. I have no idea why you'd apply that to Torracat/Incineroar.

Because they stayed in their middle stage. There's nothing hinting Ask will get Incineroar. Torracat could very easily stay as is, and there's be nothing wrong with it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If they were going to do that then Poipole should not have been released.

I agree that it should've stayed, but maybe it felt that with it's mission completed it could stay with it's kind, however if it came to miss Ash, then that would be reason enough to want to return.

I don't understand why people always post the non-sense reasoning of rushed captures, lack of time for development, blah, blah, blah.

It's better reasoning than how your behaving about it.

it's not good writing, Ash has had late captures before, but never this late, the league is coming and Ash still needs one more pokemon (unless they want to pull reserves out, or not give us any full battles) Poipole from a logical standpoint is the only pokemon they could give him that wouldn't feel rushed because it has had character development with Ash, which is just as important as being able to fight, and all Poipole needs is a little combat training.

Meltan on the flip side might be battle capable, but it is still going to need more focus on it's character, and having Ash catch something random is only going to make things worse for the team, because they may not be done with the others development.

on top of that, the writers are giving his classmates a lot of focus too that detracts from Ash and his team, and in some cases not in good ways, take the next episode for example, interesting fan service maybe, but how does this help them grow as characters?

If a Pokemon is caught and is already shown to be a strong battler, at least the battle part of development is a moot point.

Meltan might be better at battling than Poipole, but beating up team rocket is not a good indicator of one's power because they generally lose all the time as it is.

A really good pokemon is one that has both good battling skills and good character development, having too much of one and not both causes it to fail.

Kintaro

Banned
Because they stayed in their middle stage. There's nothing hinting Ask will get Incineroar. Torracat could very easily stay as is, and there's be nothing wrong with it.

Then they would not have evolved it and showcased it as a battle-centric pokemon, and Incineroar is heavily promoted by the anime/game staff. Neither Meganium or the BW starters final forms had that promotion, hence they the writers had no reason to evolve them. And this is ignoring the fact that both the Johto and BW sagas were written pretty poorly overall, so most of Ash's pokemon that arcs didn't get the development they needed.

KKS-Lapras

I agree that it should've stayed, but maybe it felt that with it's mission completed it could stay with it's kind, however if it came to miss Ash, then that would be reason enough to want to return.

It's better reasoning than how your behaving about it.

it's not good writing, Ash has had late captures before, but never this late, the league is coming and Ash still needs one more pokemon (unless they want to pull reserves out, or not give us any full battles) Poipole from a logical standpoint is the only pokemon they could give him that wouldn't feel rushed because it has had character development with Ash, which is just as important as being able to fight.

Meltan on the flip side might be battle capable, but it is still going to need more focus on it's character, and having Ash catch something random is only going to make things worse for the team, because they may not be done with the others development.

on top of that, the writers are giving his classmates a lot of focus too that detracts from Ash and his team, and in some cases not in good ways, take the next episode for example, interesting fan service maybe, but how does this help them grow as characters?

Meltan might be better at battling than Poipole, but beating up team rocket is not a good indicator of one's power because they generally lose all the time as it is.

A really good pokemon is one that has both good battling skills and good character development, having too much of one and not both causes it to fail.

I'm not acting any certain way about it. If I had my way, Ash's entire team would caught by episode 30 of each generation. However, the point I was making before, is there's nothing saying he must have a full team at any point, technically there is nothing. You can say it's bad writing, many would agree with you, but the writers of this show have time and again shown they don't care about evenly distributed development.

Then they would not have evolved it and showcased it as a battle-centric pokemon, and Incineroar is heavily promoted by the anime/game staff. Neither Meganium or the BW starters final forms had that promotion, hence they the writers had no reason to evolve them. And this is ignoring the fact that both the Johto and BW sagas were written pretty poorly overall, so most of Ash's pokemon that arcs didn't get the development they needed.

No offense, but in my opinion, and the opinion of I'd hazard a guess many other people as well, Sun and Moon has also been pretty poorly written already.

From the moment it was announced there were going to be more then 2 fellow trainer traveling companions, this series was, in terms of even/fair development of people and Pokemon alike a lost cause.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm not acting any certain way about it. If I had my way, Ash's entire team would caught by episode 30 of each generation. However, the point I was making before, is there's nothing saying he must have a full team at any point, technically there is nothing. You can say it's bad writing, many would agree with you, but the writers of this show have time and again shown they don't care about evenly distributed development.

So which of these two options in your opinion would you take going forward?

Ash uses reserves or we don't get full battles in the league?

KKS-Lapras

So which of these two options in your opinion would you take going forward?

Ash uses reserves or we don't get full battles in the league?

Ash uses at least one reserve is what I currently would guess.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While it's does seem obvious that Ash will most likely release Meltan before Sun & Moon ends, the real question is whether or not it will merge with the other Meltan & evolve into Melmetal before that happens.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I didn't get any implications he was going to let it go.
No, but it does seem likely after seeing what happened to Goodra, Poipole, Nebby (if you count that as an unofficial capture), & Greninja

D

Deleted member 384931

What are you guys hoping? Why would he release a pokémon in another dimension and use it again at the league? The big difference is that Goodra actually had some batteling experience.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Would certainly make up for Rowlet and Torracat not evolving any further. He is going to need big guns against Gladion and possibly Kukui
He has them at Oak's lab, Snorlax, Sceptile, Charizard, Infernape etc. I just hope Ash doesn't end up not using reserves, it'd be like 9 years since he used reserves. Please no, and it'd be predictable if he uses same 6 Pokemon against Gladion and Kukui.. I'd like Sceptile, Infernape against them. Torracat evolving > Meltan evolving.

KKS-Lapras

He has them at Oak's lab, Snorlax, Sceptile, Charizard, Infernape etc. I just hope Ash doesn't end up not using reserves, it'd be like 9 years since he used reserves. Please no, and it'd be predictable if he uses same 6 Pokemon against Gladion and Kukui.. I'd like Sceptile, Infernape against them.

Infernape, Torterra, Pignite, Bayleef, Quilava, and so many others could easily rotate in the last slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.