• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

One of the complaints towards SM by many is that the battling as a whole has been pretty lethargic. I mean ones like Mother Beast Lusamine and Hapu's Grand Trial were infamously underwhelming. If they barely put the effort into main arc battles, Team Rocket's chances are pretty slim.

Still no reason for lack of a FUNNY rivalry between them and twerps until now (the Pokebase episode was about the only early SM instance they had a funny chemistry together, rather than the twerps being in stock hero mode and oddly losing all their humour value).

As for Mareanie, I'm not sure what evolving would do with her dynamic with James. Similar to Cacnea, they may think the gag works better with Mareanie compact sized. Truthfully I just want to see more times Mareanie appears at all.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It’d help if they actually won sometimes but that’d result in them actually being successful

DatsRight

It’d help if they actually won sometimes but that’d result in them actually being successful

They don't really need to win, they just need to be effective enough to force new responses out of the twerps more often. The Ultra Beasts for example work as antagonists because they keep forcing the twerps to be unconventionally clever. Even without a lot of battling involved, it feels like they're being forced to work out their usual element to stop them, to the point that the one time they won by dumb luck, they actually acknowledged and were ashamed by it. Not to mention that more often the twerps recognise some sort of personality to them when trying to outdo them, and we just get way more synergy and character moments from them due to the Ultra Beasts' presence. In that sense the Ultra Beasts seem more effective and developed as antagonists and foils for the twerps, even if Team Rocket are far more developed as characters.

SM has actually been kind of decent for new challenges and hardships Ash has to respond to outside his usual way, Team Rocket are mostly there when they want to revert to normal.

Last edited:

JC317

As for Mareanie, I'm not sure what evolving would do with her dynamic with James. Similar to Cacnea, they may think the gag works better with Mareanie compact sized. Truthfully I just want to see more times Mareanie appears at all.

I don't know, maybe Toxapex can swallow up to James's waist or something? At least an evolution for Mareanie would mean at least one more focus episode for the poor Pokemon...

DatsRight

I don't know, maybe Toxapex can swallow up to James's waist or something? At least an evolution for Mareanie would mean at least one more focus episode for the poor Pokemon...

You mean like Victreebell? Could work I guess.

Well right now we still need her to use Darkium Z once against the twerps, and even Knock Off has oddly not been used at all. I always thought that might have been a perfect attack when quickly trying to steal something, much in the same way their old Pokemon with Haze or Smokescreen helped TR with their getaways. I miss all those little moments of agency with their Pokemon in their schemes. Even Wobbuffet's used his Counter in all of two episodes of this series. It really abides by the idea they're keeping things dumbed down for the twerps, with the Ultra Beasts acting as their more persistent opponents.

dman_dustin

Whoever it was, they never posted any.

If literally someone said "There are more titles coming out really soon" without any mention of the actual titles, then yes they are the worst at trolling because obviously future episodes have titles, and they will be eventually released. But if your purpose is to troll people it should come with titles.

Otherwise your basically just stating a fact. I can also confirm that sometime in the next few months there will be a new Pokemon anime episode.......see how stupid that sounds without at least a title for trolling?

I suppose the troll was that "4" titles were going to be released at once.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
You mean like Victreebell? Could work I guess.

Well right now we still need her to use Darkium Z once against the twerps, and even Knock Off has oddly not been used at all. I always thought that might have been a perfect attack when quickly trying to steal something, much in the same way their old Pokemon with Haze or Smokescreen helped TR with their getaways. I miss all those little moments of agency with their Pokemon in their schemes. Even Wobbuffet's used his Counter in all of two episodes of this series. It really abides by the idea they're keeping things dumbed down for the twerps, with the Ultra Beasts acting as their more persistent opponents.

Mareanie definitely could use an evolution. Cacnea was perfect the way it was, and Harley basically made Cacturne forever his. Whenever you see Cacturne, you'd think of Harley.
And honestly, it'd give Mareanie something special. Mimikyu has it's own special unique crystal and she.... she has nothing. :/

I do hope they let James use Darknium for something important, they used Let's Snuggle for the Ghost Trial but Darknium's sat there unused while every other character's gotten to use their crystal for something important!

p96822

Evolve me please
What important thing that Team Rocket is even gonna do with the Z Crystals anyway. They really haven't used them for anything that important yet.

Let's Snuggled Forever failed because of Pikachu Electro Web then used it to tried to capture all those Pikachu when they could have used anti electric net. It's not like Team Rocket gonna enter the Pokemon League or something. I mean if Jessie had the Z Ring and used it of Pokemon then I would have felt like that would been alot better for them having Z Ring.

Zariful

So this poster was released recently

Zariful

The stupid image won’t upload but it has Ash and his party all together in two shots. Then the whole gang in their ultra guardian garb and Poipole. Then one of stufful and bewear

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That's true now that I had a chance to see the picture. Though I'd say it's more likely than not at this point.

Especially since Poipole is among the evolved cast Pokemon.
it also kinda debunks torracat's evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.