• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Nice to see Meltan running alongside Ash's other Pokemon on the beach. Hopefully he uses it in a battle soon

Zariful

I've seen Ivysaur speculated a bit for Mallow. Can I ask where this started? Just curious if there was merchandise or something leading to this.
I think it’s just because it’d be nice promotion for let’s go

I think it’s just because it’d be nice promotion for let’s go

No merchandise for Ivysaur as far as I know. People just think it would be a good Pokemon for her

Oh, okay. Thank you. I was wondering if I'd missed something substantial. I could see it being a nice Pokemon for her, but I'm not sure I could see it happening. Then again, we currently have Meltan, Shaymin, and Magearna, so...

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i think today's episode proved while Golisipod wouldn't work with Ash, it's a strong pokemon, but it's ability cripples it from it's full potential.

Henry's Journey

Most characters will probably be eliminated in 1 vs 1 matches, I don't think it matters how many pokemon they have,

I agree, they don't need more than 3 pokemon if the Alola League will be more similar to a Don Tournament.

I see Sophocles and Mallow being eliminated in preliminaries or the 1st round.

I could see Lana and Kiawe going all the way top 8 + Hau and Gladion and Ilima if he comes back.

Don't know about Lillie, Jesse and James, maybe they will go out on top 32 or top 16.

Who else could participate in the league? Acerola, Guzma, Royal Mask, Dia?

To be honest this makes the league kinda exciting with all these characters participating, even if it could be 1 vs 1/3 vs 3 battles. :p

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I hope there are prelims, we haven't seen them since hoenn

nickdt

I agree, they don't need more than 3 pokemon if the Alola League will be more similar to a Don Tournament.

I see Sophocles and Mallow being eliminated in preliminaries or the 1st round.

I could see Lana and Kiawe going all the way top 8 + Hau and Gladion and Ilima if he comes back.

Don't know about Lillie, Jesse and James, maybe they will go out on top 32 or top 16.

Who else could participate in the league? Acerola, Guzma, Royal Mask, Dia?

To be honest this makes the league kinda exciting with all these characters participating, even if it could be 1 vs 1/3 vs 3 battles. :p

Kahili, Molayne and i am 100% convinced we are gonna see Faba as well. They can bring in Ryuki as well. Maybe let him namedrop Galar.

Zariful

Let’s have Lillie battle her brother. Magearna vs Sivally. And make it a great battle. Have Gladion be proud of her. With this format, I think Ash could win. I’d be open to seeing an Ash vs Kiawe battle.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Let’s have Lillie battle her brother. Magearna vs Sivally. And make it a great battle. Have Gladion be proud of her. With this format, I think Ash could win. I’d be open to seeing an Ash vs Kiawe battle.
Didn’t think of this but I love the idea

If Poipole returns I can definitely imagine it battling Silvally in the League. It would be a great match because it's an Ultra Beast v a Pokemon that was specifically created to be a beast-killer. If that does happen I have no doubt Poipole will end up evolving either before or during the battle. Silvally would probably win but I imagine it would be a close match.

For anyone who thinks it would be impossible for Ash to end up keeping Poipole and/or Meltan after this region because they'd make him too powerful, remember this: Ash has never been the type of trainer to put all his eggs in one basket. Even when he has one Pokemon that is noticeably stronger than the rest of his team he still uses the weaker ones plenty. Also, it's not like he would take Poipole/Naganadel and/or Meltan/Melmetal to Galar when he goes there; he'd leave them at Oak's lab with his other reserves and only use them in future Leagues.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Is it sad that I think that Ash's team is pretty much done minus one evolution?

• Ash
025.png
722.png
745-d.png
726.png
809.png
803.png

I can see an Ultra Guardian mission that reunites Ash and Poipole. It basically being the Goodra of the League then going back home. I think Ash is going to debut Melmetal, otherwise why bother giving him one out of many in the group? Incineroar could happen but a battle with two Incineroar would be boring.

• Kiawe
776.png
105-a.png
006.png

Kiawe is pretty much done since they decided to have him use Charizard as his third main Pokémon.

• Lana
730.png
134.png
131.png
148.png

I think that Lana is going to be the surprise powerhouse at the League. She already has Primarina's Z-Crystal so I can see it happening. I have a wish that Lana is going to find a Water Stone to evolve Eevee into Vaporeon, I mean Nagisa already has the haircut. Lapras is her sea Ride Pokémon. Also, other than Ash, I can see the classmates use their Ultra Guardian partners in the league.

• Lillie
038-a.png
801.png
334.png

Snowy did not want to evolve when she got the Ice Stone but what they can do is have Nagisa persuade her into evolving at the same time with their respective stones. We'll see what happens next week with Magearna. Altaria is her UG Ride Pokémon.

• Sophocles
777.png
738.png
375.png

He can get Metang's help, but with Togedemaru... ehh I can't see him progressing far.

• Mallow
763.png
492s.png
330.png

Shaymin's time to fly could come before the League but maybe it flies back to her to help her in the league as thanks for taking care of her. Flygon is her UG Ride Pokémon.

Then we have all the other characters joining the league in Jessie, James, Hau, Gladion, Guzma, Kukui.
Plus potential characters like Plumeria, Acerola, Mina, Ilima, Faba, Kahili, Molayne...

This is gonna be a jam packed league.

As a side note: Some might say that the kids might seem OP now with the mythicals and Ride Pokémon in their teams but I don't think the kids will keep them in their main teams after the league. Shaymin will fly away, Magearna will probably stay in the mansion with Mohn (if they find him),

IcySealeo

Is it sad that I think that Ash's team is pretty much done minus one evolution?

As a side note: Some might say that the kids might seem OP now with the mythicals and Ride Pokémon in their teams but I don't think the kids will keep them in their main teams after the league. Shaymin will fly away, Magearna will probably stay in the mansion with Mohn (if they find him),

I'm very happy to see that you use icons just like the old times, I hope they will be back in fashion.

As for your predictions - I don't think Lillie will have Magearna. Also, can't think of the classmates using their Ride Pokemon without Ash using his. Obviously that would be weird to see Ash with Garchomp so that is why I think none of them will use those Pokemon.

I think most of the battles will be one-on-one or two-on-two, obviously since most of the trainers don't have more than two but we've already seen in Unova League battles like this.

And I think that this ruined every little chance we still might had for Ash using reserves.

Red and Blue

I checked bulbapedia forums and supposedly episode 117 deals with a shiny Wimpod. Waiting for Dephender to post it though

ShadowForce720

I checked bulbapedia forums and supposedly episode 117 deals with a shiny Wimpod. Waiting for Dephender to post it though

I went and looked at the title your talking about on the bulbapedia forums for episode 117, the thing is for the most part even the title seems like a carbon copy of Pokemon XY episode 117 only real difference being that it substitutes the white Phantump out for a Red Wimpod, so unless it's winds up getting confirmed to be the actual episode, I'm going to say that this is probably a fake, and although I don't know if they celebrate, but wouldn't it technically be April fools in Japan right now.

So I wouldn't be that surprised if this winds up being a April fools joke.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I went and looked at the title your talking about on the bulbapedia forums for episode 117, the thing is for the most part even the title seems like a carbon copy of Pokemon XY episode 117 only real difference being that it substitutes the white Phantump out for a Red Wimpod, so unless it's winds up getting confirmed to be the actual episode, I'm going to say that this is probably a fake, and although I don't know if they celebrate, but wouldn't it technically be April fools in Japan right now.

So I wouldn't be that surprised if this winds up being a April fools joke.
Yeah. The thread also claims that 2Chan is the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.