• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I don't think that Poipole is coming back in future gens, nor do I think that SS will introduce new Ultra Beasts.

If Poipole winds up coming back and joining Ash's team again and instead of going back to it's home world it winds up getting Oaked then like the other pokemon at Oak's lab there would be a possibility of it coming back in future generations as one of the reserves that Ash can call upon.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If Poipole winds up coming back and joining Ash's team again and instead of going back to it's home world it winds up getting Oaked then like the other pokemon at Oak's lab there would be a possibility of it coming back in future generations as one of the reserves that Ash can call upon.
I don't think that Ash would have a UB hanging out at Oak's lab.

Zariful

Surprised that Sophocles is getting a z Crystal as well. Unless the writers truly hate Mallow, she’ll probably get one too. Wooo last minute power ups. If Rowlet gets something new, maybe they’ll Mallow use the grass z. Sucks that only crystal Ash got that he was supposed to got replaced.

Zoneman29

I think Ash will decided to travel so he can train his Pokémon & catch some new ones to get ready for Aloha League.

DavidD001

So looks like Ryuki might be appearing in Malie City and that Sophocles will be the Bug Z Crystal user.
And from the sounds of it we might get to see a Shiny Vikavolt.
===
Newest episode titles....
Episode 1060: Shaymin, Meltan and Sandy! Lost Explorers!!
Episode 1061: Aim for the Top Floor! The Explosive Dragon Gym!!
Episode 1062: Superspeed Vikavolt! The Awakening of Sophocles!!

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Surprised that Sophocles is getting a z Crystal as well. Unless the writers truly hate Mallow, she’ll probably get one too. Wooo last minute power ups. If Rowlet gets something new, maybe they’ll Mallow use the grass z. Sucks that only crystal Ash got that he was supposed to got replaced.
Looks like they're getting last minute power ups for the league.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
If this was all planned from the get-go... man we wasted so many episodes that could have set up the group in a much more progressive way then just a random dump of "here you go, have this thing since we neglected you so much".

It's an absolute mystery to me how XY appeared between BW and SunMoon at this point, given the two that sandwich it had strong starts only to get lost by poor storytelling relatively early on to the midway point. SunMoon is at least more entertaining then BW, but man, I never thought there'd be a team that lacked more than that one ever again.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
If this was all planned from the get-go... man we wasted so many episodes that could have set up the group in a much more progressive way then just a random dump of "here you go, have this thing since we neglected you so much".

It's an absolute mystery to me how XY appeared between BW and SunMoon at this point, given the two that sandwich it had strong starts only to get lost by poor storytelling relatively early on to the midway point. SunMoon is at least more entertaining then BW, but man, I never thought there'd be a team that lacked more than that one ever again.

Just like it's a mystery how BW appeared in between DP and XY series, i think writers are shuffling every series DP was action oriented BW was light tone XY was again action oriented whereas SM was again light ( though at least it is much better than BW) this makes me feel like galar will be action oriented series.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Just like it's a mystery how BW appeared in between DP and XY series, i think writers are shuffling every series DP was action oriented BW was light tone XY was again action oriented whereas SM was again light ( though at least it is much better than BW) this makes me feel like galar will be action oriented series.
I hope not; I want them to stop shuffling every series and find something that's middle ground. The constant 180s for every new series is getting old now

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Touche, although I think DP had a much better mix of Ash's personality quirks then XY did. I can sorta give the lack of action a pass for SunMoon since the game itself pretty much did so as well (Trials aren't exactly as thrilling as Gyms), but the group writing was just abysmal, especially since that's all they needed to work on most of this run.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I hope not; I want them to stop shuffling every series and find something that's middle ground. The constant 180s for every new series is getting old now

Well then i dont mind having a series like AG my persoanl favourite, AG had best mixture of humour as well as action and the pacing was good as well the only thing AG lacked was some good short arcs like TF or TG and AG ash to this day is most balanced ash.

nickdt

I think Ash will decided to travel so he can train his Pokémon & catch some new ones to get ready for Aloha League.

Its easier to sent out the classmates though, especially since Kiawe is already based on Akala. They can sent off Lillie to Aether to train with Gladion, Sophocles can go to Molayne. Lana can go to Poni. Only Mallow is hard to put anywhere.

DatsRight

Its easier to sent out the classmates though, especially since Kiawe is already based on Akala. They can sent off Lillie to Aether to train with Gladion, Sophocles can go to Molayne. Lana can go to Poni. Only Mallow is hard to put anywhere.

Maybe why Mallow dithered about entering the league compared to the others.

It is kind of annoying that, assuming this isn't an April Fools summary list, that they seem to be stuffing in this frantic 'crash course' in the last twenty or so episodes before the league, it kinda reminds of the Whirl Cup in Johto, realising they didn't do anything with the companions and just quickly trying to stuff something big and noteworthy in.

I mean I didn't even mind Ultra Adventures, it shown they could do fun fillers, and I enjoyed it way more than the formulaic first half of XYZ where I was more or less begging to just get to Team Flare already, even with the latter having way more change ups, but surely they could have paced some of this earlier on into UA to make it more eventful and to develop on dynamics a little earlier on. I mean Mallow and Lana barely got anything to do the whole second season and now they're making a mad dash to give them anything. Surely Lana could have gotten Nagisa a couple months earlier (we would have known what it was promoting by that time) and done a bit of build up battling in all that time, not just to help with Ultra Legends pacing but to give her more of a consistent presence the entire series.

Zariful

I wonder what Crystal Mallow could get.

Fightinium Z fits Tsareena the most IMHO but I wouldn't mind if she used Psychium Z instead.
If Lillie winds up getting Magearna that means each classmate will have at least 2 pokemon before the League, what makes me think either we won't be getting 1 vs. 1 battles or all of the classmates (along with other potential participants that had their secondaries shown like Ilima or Acerola) will make it to the next round.

DatsRight

Tsareena only has Grass and Normal moves so unless they double dip with Z Crystals, she'd need a new move. I'd like if Mallow trained for one for once, just something in Tsareena's experience she earned.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Tsareena only has Grass and Normal moves so unless they double dip with Z Crystals, she'd need a new move. I'd like if Mallow trained for one for once, just something in Tsareena's experience she earned.
Play rough would be a neat move for tsareena to learn and then mallow could get the fairy z crystal

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If they're giving Soph Bug then might as well give Mallow Poison(For Ivysaur)

And on the topic of crystals, it's time to give Torracat his! Long overdue -.-

Maybe why Mallow dithered about entering the league compared to the others.

It is kind of annoying that, assuming this isn't an April Fools summary list, that they seem to be stuffing in this frantic 'crash course' in the last twenty or so episodes before the league, it kinda reminds of the Whirl Cup in Johto, realising they didn't do anything with the companions and just quickly trying to stuff something big and noteworthy in.

I mean I didn't even mind Ultra Adventures, it shown they could do fun fillers, and I enjoyed it way more than the formulaic first half of XYZ where I was more or less begging to just get to Team Flare already, even with the latter having way more change ups, but surely they could have paced some of this earlier on into UA to make it more eventful and to develop on dynamics a little earlier on. I mean Mallow and Lana barely got anything to do the whole second season and now they're making a mad dash to give them anything. Surely Lana could have gotten Nagisa a couple months earlier (we would have known what it was promoting by that time) and done a bit of build up battling in all that time, not just to help with Ultra Legends pacing but to give her more of a consistent presence the entire series.

Nah, totally real. It's on Serebii's main page and he said he doesn't do that kinda stuff with the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.