• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Haven't posted on here in forever because I figured we were at that point of the saga where there's not much left to predict for teams but boy was I wrong, lookin' at you Primarina. And going back aways, Sandy as well (wow have I seriously not posted here in that long). As far as team changes left for the rest of the saga, I think Melmetal is probably most likely, with maybe Incineroar and maaaybe Ninetales. Probably no sixth for Ash, probably no Poipole return, but who knows. Then there's Magearna for Lillie, which is neat.

I wonder if Lillie could wind up with a Fairium Z too since we haven't seen that yet, and Kiawe has shown that some characters besides Ash can double up on Z-Crystals. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Togedemaru winds up learning Pin Missile or Fell Stinger so it can use the Buginium Z too. And as for Mallow, sorry if I've missed any recent news, but I can only guess she'll wind up getting a Z-Ring and Crystal in her upcoming episode, given that she's the only one without at this point. Maybe a Psychium Z with Oranguru joining her as a (temporary?) team member? Tsareena could potentially use the Psychium Z too (learning Zen Headbutt to utilize it), or even Shaymin could use it if it joins Mallow in a battling capacity.

Alrighty, there's my thought for the night, time to go disappear for six months again.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I think it's because of the "armored evolution" rumor (which I doubt is real)

Personally I don't see them tying a new game mechanic to a mythical, let alone a mythical from a previous generation. Let alone a mythical from a previous generation that can evolve and already has had alot of spotlight.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Personally I don't see them tying a new game mechanic to a mythical, let alone a mythical from a previous generation. Let alone a mythical from a previous generation that can evolve and already has had alot of spotlight.
Some people still think that Meltan is a Gen 8 Pokemon.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Some people still think that Meltan is a Gen 8 Pokemon.

I get that, even if it is though. Mythicals are all about prolonging hype. Their reason for being is a year or two into a generation for GF to be like "look a new Pokemon, pay attention to us!!!".

And Meltan has done that, possibly more than any mythical besides Mee and possibly Celebi.

-its had a stealth reveal with Pokemon Go
-its has been usuable in a series of games (PGo and Let's go)
-its appeared in the anime, and for the first time for a mythical, was actually caught by a main cast member.
-plus its already in the TCG

And that says nothing of it having an evolved form, another first for mythicals.

Now all that to say, sure it's special, and maybe that specialness in theory could spill over to SwSh, but I doubt it. Come SwSh GF is gonna want to get us paying attention to alot of new Pokemon. Even if there is some sort of eventual Meltan distribution event (I'm kinda wondering if it will be this gens Torchic, or AshGreninja), I doubt it will get more than that.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't doubt Meltan/Melmetal will be in Sword/Shield, after all GO doesn't have functionality with the games so they've got to update the evolution method. Similar to Milotic after contests stopped being in the games

But I heavily doubt it'll actually appear in the anime, and really there's no need for Melmetal to stay/come back. It's gotten better focus than both Poipole and Torracat

Zariful

Well they certainly didn’t waste any time hiding Brionne’s evolution in the preview. So congrats Lana you’ve officially made history. One of the female companions has gotten a fully evolved starter before Ashton. Though please Lana, teach it a non water type move.

Kintaro

Banned
Well they certainly didn’t waste any time hiding Brionne’s evolution in the preview. So congrats Lana you’ve officially made history. One of the female companions has gotten a fully evolved starter before Ashton. Though please Lana, teach it a non water type move.

It's ironic because Lana is the only second girl since May to have a fully evolved starter, and this time it didn't happen at literally the second to last ep of the series. And as you said, Lana has a fully evolved starter before Ash.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I don't think Lana having Primarina was too rushed. Much like Mallow, Lana had Popplio pre-series and we don't know for how long.

Mallow had Bounsweet for years so in restrospect, Steenee and Tsareena happening so close to each other isn't too Farfetch'd.

I do wish Brionne had at least one battle though. However, based on the preview it looks like its evolving in a time of peril and we've seen that before (Infernape, Talonflame) so its okay.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
We’re in the same situation with the starters as we were with XYZ: fully evolved Water starter who evolved around its final evolution, middle stage Fire starter who evolved battling its evolution, and an unevolved Grass starter

Kintaro

Banned
We’re in the same situation with the starters as we were with XYZ: fully evolved Water starter who evolved around its final evolution, middle stage Fire starter who evolved battling its evolution, and an unevolved Grass starter

The pacing was far better though. Froakie evolved mid-series and stayed in its middle form for awhile then Greninja got a lot of focus. Serena got Braixen after the first year and it stayed in that form because it's a more popular design than it's final stage. Then nobody cared about Chespin or its evolutions, hence why they barely got any focus in XY even with filler characters.

Ignition

The pacing was far better though. Froakie evolved mid-series and stayed in its middle form for awhile then Greninja got a lot of focus. Serena got Braixen after the first year and it stayed in that form because it's a more popular design than it's final stage. Then nobody cared about Chespin or its evolutions, hence why they barely got any focus in XY even with filler characters.
Definitely. Greninja & Braixen maintained a consistent amount of screen time and focus

Kintaro

Banned
I'd say its better to compare them to the Unova starters. Oshawott and Rowlett are basically the same, Torrcat and Pignite get the same amount of time so far, only difference is Snivy got shortchanged as the sgaa progressed and now Lana has a fully evolved starter.

Ash is probably still getting Incineroar, but I don't know why they're waiting so late unless it literally evolved the ep before the league begins.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'd say its better to compare them to the Unova starters. Oshawott and Rowlett are basically the same, Torrcat and Pignite get the same amount of time so far, only difference is Snivy got shortchanged as the sgaa progressed and now Lana has a fully evolved starter.

Ash is probably still getting Incineroar, but I don't know why they're waiting so late unless it literally evolved the ep before the league begins.
It's been confirmed that Torracat is staying the way it is. Ash is not getting Incineroar.

Ignition

The recent PokeFan issue showed everyone's teams going into the league. It showed Torracat and not Incineroar.
Confirms nothing. When we know when the League is happening, then you can say it won’t evolve. Highly doubt Ash is going into a League with one fully evolved Pokèmon and only 5 Pokèmon

Status
Not open for further replies.