• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that any Team Skull members will use Z-Moves. The point of them is that they failed their Island Challenges and they are lashing out at Alola.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
And if what was stated today is to be believed.... we might actually get a BF arc or something in gen 8! I really hope that happens, we don't need a new gen every three years anyways. I'd love to see Ash fight powerful trainers again and actually get to show he's not the joke Red fans make him out to be.

What are you referring to? Game Freak wanting to focus on other games or is there new news out?

Red and Blue

Oddly enough Deoxys is appearing in the Kartana episode to fight Rayquaza. I never would have imagined Alola would become such a hotspot for so many legendaries/mythicals outside of movies

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Oddly enough Deoxys is appearing in the Kartana episode to fight Rayquaza. I never would have imagined Alola would become such a hotspot for so many legendaries/mythicals outside of movies
yeah, this sudden surge of legendaries and mythicals appearing seems suspicious

ShadowForce720

At this rate imagine if we see Kyurem pop up with Reshiram and Zekrom and this time around they show Kyurem transforming in to Black Kyurem and White Kyurem properly this time where it actually absorbs Zekrom and Reshiram respectively.

Red and Blue

At this rate imagine if we see Kyurem pop up with Reshiram and Zekrom and this time around they show Kyurem transforming in to Black Kyurem and White Kyurem properly this time where it actually absorbs Zekrom and Reshiram respectively.
I have a theory that Kyurem will clash with Ultra Necrozma at some point before SM ends. They both fuse with a member of their respective trio

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What are you referring to? Game Freak wanting to focus on other games or is there new news out?

Yes, and it's a good thing if so.

With the splicers? Yes please!
I hope they let Zekrom stay unfused as he really is owed some decent screentime, it'd suck to see him get absorbed while Reshiram yet again hogs all the focus...

DatsRight

Annnnd just like that, Sophocles has become a more believable battler than the girls.

It's weird they won't put the girls in anything but curbstomps and plot armour situations, while underdog battles like today's with Vikavolt vs Crawdaunt tend to be rather believable and show the trainer developing while still being fallible from inexperience.

Hoping Togedemaru at least gets SOMETHING before the league though. Poor thing hasn't had a single boost since she appeared. A bug move so she can learn Savage Spin Out would be great.

p96822

Evolve me please
Annnnd just like that, Sophocles has become a more believable battler than the girls.

It's weird they won't put the girls in anything but curbstomps and plot armour situations, while underdog battles like today's with Vikavolt vs Crawdaunt tend to be rather believable and show the trainer developing while still being fallible from inexperience.

Hoping Togedemaru at least gets SOMETHING before the league though. Poor thing hasn't had a single boost since she appeared. A bug move so she can learn Savage Spin Out would be great.

It’s still a curve stomp

DatsRight

It’s still a curve stomp

How so? Crawdaunt was dominating for most of the early part, blocking and evading many moves, Vikavolt had to be evasive and then use tactics like blasting himself out of the way with Signal Beam to get the upper hand. It wasn't the usual formula of the student dominating the whole battle without suffering a single hit, OR was it Crawdaunt dominating but the student then getting plot armoured a move that does all the work for them. There was an actual agency-required struggle involved.

p96822

Evolve me please
How so? Crawdaunt was dominating for most of the early part, blocking and evading many moves, Vikavolt had to be evasive and then use tactics like blasting himself out of the way with Signal Beam to get the upper hand. It wasn't the usual formula of the student dominating the whole battle without suffering a single hit, OR was it Crawdaunt dominating but the student then getting plot armoured a move that does all the work for them. There was actual agency involved.

It a curve stomp because Crawdaunt was dominating. It was dodging every single move and not taking any damage then after Signal Beam it couldn't dodge out of the way from another one of Vikavolt's Discharge. I feel like this is less believable then anything else of this worthless episode

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I never would have imagined Alola would become such a hotspot for so many legendaries/mythicals outside of movies

Well, it's pretty much a tropical island.

It kind of makes sense if we think about it lol

DatsRight

It a curve stomp because Crawdaunt was dominating. It was dodging every single move and not taking any damage then after Signal Beam it couldn't dodge out of the way from another one of Vikavolt's Discharge. I feel like this is less believable then anything else of this worthless episode

I think the idea was that Crawdaunt was taken unaware by his Signal Beam just beforehand.

And let's be fair, they can't have Sophocles doing epic battles out of nowhere, but at the same time ten second jobber beatdowns up until the league won't work either. This is a good use of 'baby steps', a starter opponent which shows Vikavolt's potential while still showing him as fallible and needing to train.

Compare to say Mallow who just skipped all that for nothing but DEMs and curbstomps, and at this point has a fully evolved Pokemon who can trash wilds in a couple smacks but still barely knows how to command it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Guys. I have the perfect scenario.

One morning, Ash goes to fetch the mail and notices a small box directed to him. He opens the box and finds a Poké Ball with a note. After hearing that Alola will have its very first Pokémon League from Ilima and Ilima recognizing Ash as the runner-up from the latest Kalos League, Sycamore made sure Greninja returned to Ash in time.

It would be similar to the SM demo.

ShadowForce720

you know I'm not saying that this will happen but I wouldn't mind it if Kiawe had caught the Crawdaunt from episode 123, sure I know it's not a Fire type and it's a Water type, which is a type Kiawe usually has trouble handling however given that particular Crawduant's personality I think it could work within the dynamic of Kiawe's team. Also to reiterate before someone tries to say that they doubt that Kiawe will eventually catch that particular Crawdaunt, I'm not saying that he will catch it eventually what I'm saying is that if he did catch it I wouldn't mind it.

DatsRight

you know I'm not saying that this will happen but I wouldn't mind it if Kiawe had caught the Crawdaunt from episode 123, sure I know it's not a Fire type and it's a Water type, which is a type Kiawe usually has trouble handling however given that particular Crawduant's personality I think it could work within the dynamic of Kiawe's team. Also to reiterate before someone tries to say that they doubt that Kiawe will eventually catch that particular Crawdaunt, I'm not saying that he will catch it eventually what I'm saying is that if he did catch it I wouldn't mind it.

That or Lana could meet it and take interest.

Leonhart

Imagineer
mehmeh1 said:
yeah, this sudden surge of legendaries and mythicals appearing seems suspicious

I take it as the writing staff's attempt to showcase more unique Pokemon than just the usual common ones that we've seen dozens of times already, as well as the fact that Gen VII is almost over so there aren't that many Gen VII Pokemon left that need to be showcased right now.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I take it as the writing staff's attempt to showcase more unique Pokemon than just the usual common ones that we've seen dozens of times already, as well as the fact that Gen VII is almost over so there aren't that many Gen VII Pokemon left that need to be showcased right now.

Yeah but there's plenty of regular Pokemon out there who've only appeared once or twice, a ridiculous amount of Alola Pokemon qualify in that. Alola Sandshrew line, the kommodos, Passimian, Phantump, the Deino line and some other Unova... too many to properly list.

And Celebi's appeared way more than a lot of Pokemon out there have

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Guys. I have the perfect scenario.

One morning, Ash goes to fetch the mail and notices a small box directed to him. He opens the box and finds a Poké Ball with a note. After hearing that Alola will have its very first Pokémon League from Ilima and Ilima recognizing Ash as the runner-up from the latest Kalos League, Sycamore made sure Greninja returned to Ash in time.

It would be similar to the SM demo.
Bonnie and Clemont appearing to deliever Greninja would make more sense, though, since Bonnie is the one who bonded with Squishy and she's the most probable to receive a tip from Zygarde saying "hey, we finished the job, call to Ash".

Status
Not open for further replies.