• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Incineroar is the best way to wrap up Torracat's story, there's really no other way they can do it without making Torracat feel unfinished
Especially considering that, at the moment, Torracat can't use any Z-Moves unless it evolves.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
I'm probably the only person who prefers Torracat over Incineroar since we've seen Incineroar alot already in this series and I'm over it. The only Pokemon of Ash's that I really want to see evolve is Meltan.

I'll always prefer Nyabby over its evolved forms, but Gaogaen seems like too much of a good opportunity for the writers to pass up if they want to give Satoshi another powerhouse for the League.

DatsRight

I could see it possibly staying as Torracat to maintain its quadruped cat-like personality, along with keeping it as a more divergent underdog to Kukui's Incineroar, especially keeping mind statistics like Torracat actually having better speed to make up for lack of brute force.

The main issue with that is Torracat doesn't have Z Move access as it is right now, though it could just as easily solve that by getting a different move and Z Crystal, the recent distribution of them has been pretty unpredictable after all. Either way Ash would likely need to get a new Z Crystal, be it Incinium Z or not.

Also to add to this list, remember Torracat himself was spoiled through the Ultra Guardian promos.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Also to add to this list, remember Torracat himself was spoiled through the Ultra Guardian promos.

Has [Ash's] Incineroar been spoiled via merchandise by any chance? I feel like it would have by now if Ash's Torracat is gonna evolve two weeks from now.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Has [Ash's] Incineroar been spoiled via merchandise by any chance? I feel like it would have by now if Ash's Torracat is gonna evolve two weeks from now.
Not that we know of, although there was an Incineroar figure that will be released with figures of the Tao Trio and others.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Not that we know of, although there was an Incineroar figure that will be released with figures of the Tao Trio and others.
Incineroar figure comes along with Bravely one, so it could be Kukui's. I guess we will wait and see.
I'm still hoping Torracat will evolve.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
We some merch with all 3 starters + some of the cast’s Pokèmon (Pikachu, Lycanroc, Shaymin, Eevee, Vulpix) from around the time when the current batch of episodes were first released. Can’t remember where but they were figurines

p96822

Evolve me please
I could see it possibly staying as Torracat to maintain its quadruped cat-like personality, along with keeping it as a more divergent underdog to Kukui's Incineroar, especially keeping mind statistics like Torracat actually having better speed to make up for lack of brute force.

The main issue with that is Torracat doesn't have Z Move access as it is right now, though it could just as easily solve that by getting a different move and Z Crystal, the recent distribution of them has been pretty unpredictable after all. Either way Ash would likely need to get a new Z Crystal, be it Incinium Z or not.

Who really cares about Torracat's personality when he has done nothing as a Torracat. He should just evolve so Ash can have a stronger Pokemon. And Torracat can become bipedal and learn more move that the bipedal Pokemon like the punching moves

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Presumably we could still see Nyaheat evolve just without prior spoilers, which I'm not sure has happened before in SM, but surprise evolutions were something that happened more frequently in past sagas so anything's possible.

wellwellwells

Presumably we could still see Nyaheat evolve just without prior spoilers, which I'm not sure has happened before in SM, but surprise evolutions were something that happened more frequently in past sagas so anything's possible.

Bonsweet evolution was a surprise. There’s not much else to compare with tho as there have only been 5 evolution episodes this saga lol

Leonhart

Imagineer
wellwellwells said:
Bonsweet evolution was a surprise. There’s not much else to compare with tho as there have only been 5 evolution episodes this saga lol

I suppose that my overall ambivalence regarding Amakaji and its evolved forms made me forget about its surprise evolution, but at least this example proves that a surprise evolution has happened in SM at least once before. Maybe history will repeat itself in the Celebi episode.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I thought it was pretty obvious Bouncesweet would evolve back then, they were kinda limited to what they could do with the thing given it's lack of arms and feet. In all honesty they should have just started with Steenee and showed Bouncesweet off via flashbacks

Poipole and Mareanie are really the only Pokemon left that could qualify as surprise evolutions. Because literally nobody is expecting them to, although it would be nice if they evolved...

dman_dustin

I still say Hau with Decidueye and Lana with Primarina, and Ash without Incineroar would be a lame way to represent the league.

It's bad enough they screwed Ash over in the Unova league, not having ANY fully evolved starters.

Why screw Incineroar over just because you don't like it? Not to mention, the writers don't really care what people think, and I'm pretty sure Incineroar is more popular or seems more popular than Torracat given all the merchandise it was getting, especially with Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. That may or may not have an effect.

But let's be blunt here, having a meaningless Torracat episode with Time Travel, just to give Torracat a Z-crystal kind of comes off meaningless, especially since they've never bothered to care about Torracat all that much outside of a few focus episodes here and there that come off more like "OH CRAP, WE HAVEN"T DONE ANYTHING WITH TORRACAT IN A WHILE."

So should Torracat remain unevolved, I'm not going to be impressed nor happy, because it'll just be focus Torracat SHOULD'VE gotten a long time ago, shoving something like this at this stage (right before the league) without an evolution, feels like a disservice to Torracat and more importantly to Ash, because I would assume that Ash would only use a Z-crystal per battle. Having Torracat use something like Fightinium-Z in the middle of a random battle would ultimately feel pointless in comparison to Incinium-Z. At least Incinium-Z would actually make sense, if Hau has Decidium-Z and with Lana has Primarium-Z.

I get the whole hypothetical Ash vs Kukui but even that would be off if it was Torracat vs Incineroar, with Torracat using Fightinium-Z after having tanked or dodged Malicious Moonsault, even if Incineroar would be weak to it.

I honestly cannot imagine what narrative benefit it would be, given how everything is laid out and implied to keep Torracat a Torracat, and giving it an episode like this, at this point in time, just for Torracat to get a random Z-crystal, which has to ultimately be pointless since I have a hard time justifying, Torracat by itself being the main Pokemon of a battle, whilst Incineroar makes more sense. Especially if we're going with the argument that Ash is only maybe going to use 3-4 Z-crystals.

Why would Torracat be favored over Meltan or rather Steelium-Z. And if Meltan evolves, the whole Steelium-Z is going to be even more problematic. And what about Rowlet and it's Z-move, which seems to be in conflict with Mallow's Z-crystal. Wouldn't Rowlet need a new Z-crystal?

Or are we arguing that's why Torracat is getting a Z-crystal, so that Rowlet nor Meltan/Melmetal have to use a Z-crystal, and be the focus, which then brings up the questions "Why now? Why all of a sudden? Why the sudden decision to put Rowlet and Meltan on a backburner just to give Torracat something? Isn't it a little too late to suddenly put Torracat up there with Pikachu and Lycanroc?" I mean at least with Incineroar I would get it, it's a fully evolved starter and has its own exclusive Z-move, but Torracat over Rowlet/Meltan who actually have access to a Z-crystal? Suddenly NOW is the time you want to give Torracat a random unrelated Z-crystal, despite shoving a million fire type attacks. Sure maybe if I could believe they'd give Ash a Firium-Z, but then again "Why now? Why all of a sudden just right before the league?" I feel like its a little too late to care SPECIFICALLY about Torracat's development when a lot of this should've happened a LOT sooner, but hey let's make it so we DON'T have a lot of battles between the really important plot battles.

I don't know at this point, it only makes sense to evolve Torracat if they suddenly want to give the Pokemon some actual development. Just a Torracat? Should've happened A LONG time ago, not just suddenly right before the league. At least Incineroar would justify the Pokemon's lack of focus, because it gives justified focus to a technically NEW Pokemon that couldn't have gotten a specific focus SOONER.

But for the people who ONLY like Torracat, ONLY want Torracat, how do you justify the treatment of Torracat this late into the series, only best case scenario throwing a Z-crystal just to give it something before the league?

And that's ignoring the worst case scenario, of absolutely positively NOTHING happening at all. No Z-crystal, no evolution, just simply a Torracat-centric episode.

I thought it was pretty obvious Bouncesweet would evolve back then, they were kinda limited to what they could do with the thing given it's lack of arms and feet. In all honesty they should have just started with Steenee and showed Bouncesweet off via flashbacks.

Obvious it WAS going to evolve, not necessarily obvious it was going to evolve when it did.

Besides, it's evolution was spoiled in the preview, Dusk Form Lycanroc was technically going to be a surprise (we only knew for sure it was going to evolve, and it was implied to be a new form), but had Pokemon Sunday (or whatever its called these days, I've forgotten), had to completely spoil it. But it would've been the first time we would've saw the Pokemon evolution.

So in terms of Pokemon, I honestly think that's the only surprise evolution you are going to get. Is if the preview/title/summary/VA list doesn't explicitly spoil it, and its evolution in the episode is the first inkling something like that was going to happen.

I honestly cannot think of any evolution that fits that criteria, even Monferno's evolution was spoiled in the title, even if the episode aired and it was the first time in the TV anime series we saw Infernape. Most everything else was spoiled in some fashion.

Incineroar could theoretically come off as a surprise evolution, assuming the VA list nor the preview spoil it, or any future title/summary before next week's episode airs. Assuming it does evolve.

Last edited:

DavidD001

Only 5 Evolutions you say? Well you are off on that amount.
Here are all the evolutions have have happened in the SM episodes so far....not including the mega evolution moments

SM018 = Mallow's Bounsweet evolves into Steenee
SM022 = A Wild Sandygast evolves into Palossand
SM037 = Ash's Rockruff evovles into Dusk Lycanroc
SM049 = Gladion's Type:Null evolves into Sylvally
SM050 = "Ash's" Cosmog evolves into Cosmeom
SM052 = "Ash's" Cosmoem evolves into Solgaleo
SM063 = Ash's Litten evolves into Torracat
SM080 = A Wild Alolan Sandshrew evolves into Alolan Sandslash
SM082 = Mallow's Steenee evolves into Tsareena
SM106 = Sophocles's Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt & Lana's Popplio evolve into Brionne
SM113 = Idol Magikarp evovles into Gyarados
SM120 = Lana's Brionne evolves into Primarina

Sometime between SM041 to SM106...Ida's Brione [debuted in SM040] evolved into Primarina

Sometime between SM107 to SM119....Horacio's Shiny Charjabug evolved into Shiny Vikavolt

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
DavidD001 said:
Only 5 Evolutions you say? Well you are off on that amount.
Here are all the evolutions have have happened in the SM episodes so far....not including the mega evolution moments

SM018 = Mallow's Bounsweet evolves into Steenee
SM022 = A Wild Sandygast evolves into Palossand
SM037 = Ash's Rockruff evovles into Dusk Lycanroc
SM049 = Gladion's Type:Null evolves into Sylvally
SM050 = "Ash's" Cosmog evolves into Cosmeom
SM052 = "Ash's" Cosmoem evolves into Solgaleo
SM063 = Ash's Litten evolves into Torracat
SM080 = A Wild Alolan Sandshrew evolves into Alolan Sandslash
SM082 = Mallow's Steenee evolves into Tsareena
SM106 = Sophocles's Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt & Lana's Popplio evolve into Brionne
SM113 = Idol Magikarp evovles into Gyarados
SM120 = Lana's Brionne evolves into Primarina

He may've been talking specifically about evolutions of Pokemon that were actually owned by SM's cast members. But this list reminds me of how I wanted Satoshi to capture a Sunabaa at one point. It's too bad that it never happened.

DavidD001

He may've been talking specifically about evolutions of Pokemon that were actually owned by SM's cast members. But this list reminds me of how I wanted Satoshi to capture a Sunabaa at one point. It's too bad that it never happened.

Even if talking about the main cast which would include Gladion...there is atleast 9 evolutions for official captures...not 5.

Mallow's Bounsweet -> Steenee -> Tsareena....that's two evolutions
Ash's Rockruff into Dusk Lycanroc & Litten into Torracat....thats two evolutions
Sophocles's Charjabug into Vikavolt....that's one evolution
Lana's Popplio -> Brionne -> Primarina....that's two evolutions
Gladion's Type:Null into Silvally...that's one evolution.

Also forgot about Gladion's Eevee into Umbreon at some point when he was little up til when he appeared in person.

wellwellwells

Even if talking about the main cast which would include Gladion...there is atleast 9 evolutions for official captures...not 5.

Mallow's Bounsweet -> Steenee -> Tsareena....that's two evolutions
Ash's Rockruff into Dusk Lycanroc & Litten into Torracat....thats two evolutions
Sophocles's Charjabug into Vikavolt....that's one evolution
Lana's Popplio -> Brionne -> Primarina....that's two evolutions
Gladion's Type:Null into Silvally...that's one evolution.

Also forgot about Gladion's Eevee into Umbreon at some point when he was little up til when he appeared in person.

I said “evolution episodes” and only counted the main cast, which Gladion is not part of (not is Silvally evolution the main focus of that episode), so yes, we only had 5 of those.
And I can’t at you trying to count Umbreon’s too, let’s count Gladion’a Lycanroc and Kukui’s Incineroar and Braviary lol

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Looks like Torracat is not evolving. SM126 just mentioned Torracat instead of Incineroar.
Plus the Alola League is starting in SM128.

Status
Not open for further replies.