• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I spent some time thinking about what kind of possible "post-league" there will be as a plot, and I think I've found it.

Technically, the Ultra Beast saga doesn't end with Kartana. As we know, Naganadel hasn't been dex'd and it's not known it's an evolution of Poipole. But also, Guzzlord hasn't been identified either and the events of Dia's homeworld were hinted at being a future of Ash's Alola. Most notably, Dia referenced housing development beginning a decade earlier, which points to Viren. We also had a flashback of a 10 year old Dia; the timeline of Dia's past being Ash's present lines up.

So if we want to tie up all the loose ends, this needs some resolution. The big apocalyptic event would be unintentionally initiated by Viren, calling down an army of Guzzlord (among the other Ultra Beasts). The previous UBs and Poipole would serve to drive them out of Alola. The crisis would also be resolved by the Mythicals in the cast (Sky Forme Shaymin, Magearna, Melmetal and Zeraora) and serves as the catalyst for say Snowy to evolve into an Alolan Ninetales.

This also gives a payoff to the Ultra Guardians arc which otherwise wasn't building toward anything outside of that foreshadowing.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
but it might not evolve at all we didn't get togetic until ag and plus the horde at the school might evolve due to them eating more metal than ash's

But Melmetal is relevant to the recent Kanto remakes, so I dunno why it wouldn't appear under Ash's ownership in the final months of SuMo as a way of tying into the games.

kickachu

Momentai!
I've been thinking ash has shared Pokemon speices with his rivals over the years. For example ash and Gary shared a member of the squirtle evolution family along with the Krabby line, Ash and Richie with Pikachu and the charmender evolution, Ash and Morrison share a member of the gligar evolution, ash and Tyson dolphin and sceptile, ash and Paul raised chimchar in different ways, ash and Barry staraptor and heracross, ash and trip snivy and pidove evolution line , ash and Bianca tepig evolution line, ash and alone unfezant and charizard, ash and Trevor charizard, and finally ash and gladden lycanroc. so when gala comes what Pokemon you think ash will share with his rivals

Red and Blue

I've been thinking ash has shared Pokemon speices with his rivals over the years. For example ash and Gary shared a member of the squirtle evolution family along with the Krabby line, Ash and Richie with Pikachu and the charmender evolution, Ash and Morrison share a member of the gligar evolution, ash and Tyson dolphin and sceptile, ash and Paul raised chimchar in different ways, ash and Barry staraptor and heracross, ash and trip snivy and pidove evolution line , ash and Bianca tepig evolution line, ash and alone unfezant and charizard, ash and Trevor charizard, and finally ash and gladden lycanroc. so when gala comes what Pokemon you think ash will share with his rivals
How can we know what Galarian Pokemon he'll share if we only have three so far? At best his rival could have the same starter

D

Deleted member 384931

I don't understand why the last 20 episodes, there were new captures for the girls. Same with Ash and Soph. It make SM feel so rushed, like they want to give the main characters pokémon just for the league. I hope that isn't the case...

DatsRight

I don't understand why the last 20 episodes, there were new captures for the girls. Same with Ash and Soph. It make SM feel so rushed, like they want to give the main characters pokémon just for the league. I hope that isn't the case...

Sophocles didn't capture any Pokemon last minute, Charjabug was in fact the first non-Ash secondary in the series.

I do agree though that they really stalled with some of the recent Pokemon, especially considering they weren't doing a lot in Ultra Adventures to necessitate holding them back.

D

Deleted member 384931

Sophocles didn't capture any Pokemon last minute, Charjabug was in fact the first non-Ash secondary in the series.

I do agree though that they really stalled with some of the recent Pokemon, especially considering they weren't doing a lot in Ultra Adventures to necessitate holding them back.
That is the sad part, I dont hate SM btw

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
but it might not evolve at all we didn't get togetic until ag and plus the horde at the school might evolve due to them eating more metal than ash's

I remember feeling frustrated that Togetic's debut was saved until Houen, so I wouldn't want a potential repeat of that if Melmetal doesn't debut until Galar. And I do realize that the SuMo saga is really winding down, but a last-minute evolution for either Meltan or Nyaheat doesn't sound completely out of the question to me.

Red and Blue

Does Torracat need to evolve though? Assuming Kukui enters under Masked Royal then all three fully evolved starters will already be represented at the league.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
Assuming Kukui enters under Masked Royal then all three fully evolved starters will already be represented at the league.

I've pointed that out frequently in past Gaogaen debates, but I don't think Kukui-hakase having Gaogaen is necessarily stopping Satoshi from having one, too. It might seem a little redundant, but I keep remembering how Satoshi lost to Gladio last time, and I really think he needs another fully evolved Pokemon to put up a better fight at the League when they inevitably battle again.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Does Torracat need to evolve though? Assuming Kukui enters under Masked Royal then all three fully evolved starters will already be represented at the league.
Nothing “needs” to evolve but it’s a welcome change

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Meltan doesn't need to come along to Galar though, and there really isn't a good reason for it to go. Rowlet is the one it bonded with, not Pikachu. And that just screams Togetic, Meltan evolves and leaves.... cause if Meltan went there isn't a question of if it's staying, it's gonna leave Ash. Especially so the writers can put a Galar Pokemon, or something that debuts in the Sinnoh remakes on his team. And the matter of avoiding Ash having a powerful Pokemon too early.
Plus, it'll just be boring if they held off on Meltan's evolution until late into SWSH's saga.

If Meltan evolves here, then yeah it's probably going to get to stay with Ash. Just go to Oak's with the rest and get further researched upon while Ash and Pikachu are exploring Galar

Yes.... it does

Torracat doesn't feel finished at all, Rowlet and Lycanroc do.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Torracat is using Inferno Overdrive in SM125, but I don't think that Ash is keeping Firium.

Decidueye23

This series has been a series of dissapointments. Starting with poipoile leaving contributing pretty much nothing, then eevee not going to ash, and now torracat not evolving. I get it that none of them were promised but still it feels like a huge let down. popplio evolves twice doing pretty much nothing but torracat doesnt evolve, at this point it makes zero sense for it not to.

Hoping that mid league filler would be something where the other meltan come and then at the end meltan evolves.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Kukui could just give it to him in the future (technically present). Would’ve made more sense to give him Incinium Z to make Torracat’s development go full circle but oh well.

Also weird how Torracat vs Incineroar is the only rival battle in the opening that hasn’t happened yet

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Torracat is using Inferno Overdrive in SM125, but I don't think that Ash is keeping Firium.
That'd be weird, have we ever had someone borrow someone else's z-crystal? Seems like it'd be taboo.

I spent some time thinking about what kind of possible "post-league" there will be as a plot, and I think I've found it.

Technically, the Ultra Beast saga doesn't end with Kartana. As we know, Naganadel hasn't been dex'd and it's not known it's an evolution of Poipole. But also, Guzzlord hasn't been identified either and the events of Dia's homeworld were hinted at being a future of Ash's Alola. Most notably, Dia referenced housing development beginning a decade earlier, which points to Viren. We also had a flashback of a 10 year old Dia; the timeline of Dia's past being Ash's present lines up.

So if we want to tie up all the loose ends, this needs some resolution. The big apocalyptic event would be unintentionally initiated by Viren, calling down an army of Guzzlord (among the other Ultra Beasts). The previous UBs and Poipole would serve to drive them out of Alola. The crisis would also be resolved by the Mythicals in the cast (Sky Forme Shaymin, Magearna, Melmetal and Zeraora) and serves as the catalyst for say Snowy to evolve into an Alolan Ninetales.

This also gives a payoff to the Ultra Guardians arc which otherwise wasn't building toward anything outside of that foreshadowing.
Not going to lie, I really like this. They could even send Zeroara and Dia to Ash's timeline to help out with all this too, since they did promise to meet again... but that could easily just not happen as that's like Ash's goodbye motto as they clearly have enough power to take out a Guzzlord threat now, unless there is multiples.

Red and Blue

So Torracat got it's Z crystal after all. And it seemed pretty strong in the preview so I can definitely see it staying as a Torracat for the remainder of SM

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Um, so in yesterday's episode, Lana noticed that the Meltan inside the Ultra Guardians base are multiplying. So, since there are more Meltan coming to the base, I guess that could mean something might happen to Ash's.

Status
Not open for further replies.