• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

Ash having that many Pokémon would be awful In my opinion.

The writers have proven they can't handle that many Pokémon at once.

I see him getting 5/6 galar Pokémon and that's it.

Till I know how this "including all the regions" thing works and how long he's likely going to be in each region (and how long this series is going to be it could be 3-5 years for all we know) I'm just throwing out ideas for what Ash could do there. At the very least I'd like him to reunite with all his old Pokemon, maybe get a few of them back (Pidgeot, Primeape, Greninja), officially catch Larvitar while visiting Johto, rotate the ones he had in those regions onto the team while he's there, evolve a few, etc.

His international team should be his reserved mons, they need more limelight, than some random newly caught mon from previous regions.

I'm not suggesting something random like a Deerling. I think any old region captures should be the Top 5 "that got away", you know pokemon Ash bonded with, but didn't catch? The ones that people bring up again and again? Those are the ones I'd like him to get while he's visiting old regions. I'm talking about Larvitar and Riolu.

He shouldn't get anything from Kanto or Unova though. He already has plenty from those regions (and therefore need more attention/focus)

Otherwise yes I agree with you. I'd love to see Ash use Kingler again.

I could see a few being unexpected (or not get anything from) though since IIRC aside from Spoink (which bonded with the group as a whole) Ash didn't really interact with any PotD in Hoenn that was all May and Max.

Last edited:

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Till I know how this "including all the regions" thing works and how long he's likely going to be in each region (and how long this series is going to be it could be 3-5 years for all we know) I'm just throwing out ideas for what Ash could do there. At the very least I'd like him to reunite with all his old Pokemon, maybe get a few of them back (Pidgeot, Primeape, Greninja), officially catch Larvitar while visiting Johto, rotate the ones he had in those regions onto the team while he's there, evolve a few, etc.

I'm not suggesting something random like a Deerling. I think any old region captures should be the Top 5 "that got away", you know pokemon Ash bonded with, but didn't catch? The ones that people bring up again and again? Those are the ones I'd like him to get while he's visiting old regions. I'm talking about Larvitar and Riolu.

He shouldn't get anything from Kanto or Unova though. He already has plenty from those regions (and therefore need more attention/focus)

Otherwise yes I agree with you. I'd love to see Ash use Kingler again.

I could see a few being unexpected (or not get anything from) though since IIRC aside from Spoink (which bonded with the group as a whole) Ash didn't really interact with any PotD in Hoenn that was all May and Max.
Yeah.. those pokemon could really work. Like Haunter from Kanto, that Larvitar from Johto, Spoink from Hoenn, Hippopotas from Sinnoh, Venipede from Unova, and maybe Skerlp from Kalos, from Alola I guess the best would be Passimian? I would love to see Ash using those along with the reserves he has.

Also, Ash should re-capture some pokemon he has released. Primeape, butterfree, pidgeot, lapras, greninja, goodra and also ambipom. They deserve to be with their trainer (except maybe butterfree?)

It could be wonderful, if at the end of Galar, we get some major 6v6 battles, at least 7-8 of them. I mean, trainers travel whole year (assuming it's a year and not a week *cough* Ash* cough), just to get knocked out in first battle which is 1 on 1. It is very unfair. All the league matches should be 6 vs 6. Every new pokemon of the region should be showcased before the league starts, and pokemon from all the regions should be used in the league. Some unused pokemon too. Like I would like to see Hippowdon in the battle, and Starmie has never won any non-TR battle on screen, and other pokemon too

Hanto

Water Addiction
Guys, that's Sun & Moon pokemon speculation thread, we've already got one for SwSh in the anime spoilers section.
Don't think Ash will got any of past generations pokemon, that train (especially riolu one) had departed a long time ago.
Writers always used to give the old pokemon to the New characters to promote previous gens.

dman_dustin

Guys, that's Sun & Moon pokemon speculation thread, we've already got one for SwSh in the anime spoilers section.
Don't think Ash will got any of past generations pokemon, that train (especially riolu one) had departed a long time ago.
Writers always used to give the old pokemon to the New characters to promote previous gens.

The only problem is we can't use past generations as a guide.

This is LITERALLY the first generation where all regions are going to get focus.

If they want Ash to have a large team, it might consist of one Pokemon of old generations caught in the other regions (perhaps.....Go could get some as well).

I just think given the theme of the anime, either Ash enters a lot of tournaments with his reserves or this is going to be like Unova with Ash having a ton of new Pokemon.

Revolver Furious Dragon

If ash does travel to all the old regions my hope is he doesn't get many new pokemon (maybe just the new starters and that's it)

Then the rest of his squad is devoted to rotating the older pokemon of his who could do with more training and development. Stuff like totodile, gible, snivy & scraggy

Of course if ash stays in galar Then I'd want him to catch a full team of new pokes

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I want Ash to get Corviknight, seriously he is so badass!!!

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I can see Ash getting like 5-6 Galar Pokemon. If they make Ash visit other regions I can see Ash using older Pokemon in those regions but keep main Pokes in Galar. Example:
Pikachu, Grookey and Sobble will be main.
So In Galar he'd have those 3+ 3-4 Galar Pokemon.
In Kanto he'd have those 3 + Charizard, Bulbasaur and idk Snorlax for time being in Kanto.
In Johto: those 3 + Quilava, Bayleef and Noctowl etc etc

I really doubt they won't exclude Grookey and Sobble from Ash's team.

ShadowForce720

I can see Ash getting like 5-6 Galar Pokemon. If they make Ash visit other regions I can see Ash using older Pokemon in those regions but keep main Pokes in Galar. Example:
Pikachu, Grookey and Sobble will be main.
So In Galar he'd have those 3+ 3-4 Galar Pokemon.
In Kanto he'd have those 3 + Charizard, Bulbasaur and idk Snorlax for time being in Kanto.
In Johto: those 3 + Quilava, Bayleef and Noctowl etc etc

I really doubt they won't exclude Grookey and Sobble from Ash's team.

Just pointing this out because it seems like you don't know about it yet, but there is pokemon speculation thread up for the upcoming new pokemon series. The thread is called Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokemon Speculation thread.

DavidD001

Ok Its been a great while since I last posted but after reading up on the next series....the next series being called just Pocket Monsters 2019 [Pokemon 2019] and that the new companion is named Go and they will be traveling around the world to get Mew and various other legends, etc.....the next anime will literally be an anime version of Pokemon GO.

There will not really be a need to speculate about Ash's team since he will not be staying solely in in a single region like normal.
Even if Ash & Go have the Rotomphones.....they will be going around the world to catch pokemon which is what is done in Pokemon GO.

This pretty much says that Ash will not be dealing with Gyms, etc.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Kukui's final Pokemon is a Totem Trevenant, but he doesn't get to use it. Tapu Koko leaps onto the field and battles instead. The Trevenant is recognized after the battle by Ash, and is mistaken as "Ohji", which causes Kukui to realize that Ash is the "Move Kahuna".

In the present day, Kukui does not know Ash acquired Firium Z or that he can evolve Electrium Z into Pikashunium Z. It would be fitting to debut both of those Z-Crystals in this battle, hence why Tapu Koko's interference would be convenient.

wellwellwells

Kukui's final Pokemon is a Totem Trevenant, but he doesn't get to use it. Tapu Koko leaps onto the field and battles instead. The Trevenant is recognized after the battle by Ash, and is mistaken as "Ohji", which causes Kukui to realize that Ash is the "Move Kahuna".

In the present day, Kukui does not know Ash acquired Firium Z or that he can evolve Electrium Z into Pikashunium Z. It would be fitting to debut both of those Z-Crystals in this battle, hence why Tapu Koko's interference would be convenient.

The Totem Trevenant is dead.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that Ash's Torracat evolving was a waste and should have been done earlier.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I think that Ash's Torracat evolving was a waste and should have been done earlier.

It's a waste and never should of happened.

The only way it's not a waste is if it means ash actually gets his first dark type

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
He already caught three Dark-types in the past.

I think what he means is, it uses a dark move that isn't bite or crunch, since we've seen several non dark types use those attacks.

Krookodile used those attacks sure, but other than that it didn't have any other dark moves.

Scraggy and Greninja didn't use any at all.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think what he means is, it uses a dark move that isn't bite or crunch, since we've seen several non dark types use those attacks.

Krookodile used those attacks sure, but other than that it didn't have any other dark moves.

Scraggy and Greninja didn't use any at all.
It's probably not going to learn Darkest Lariat unless it comes back for the Galar saga.

Revolver Furious Dragon

He already caught three Dark-types in the past.

Has he though? I mean technically he has but none of them have been treated as anything other then pure typing (fighting, ground, water respectively).

It's why I've been dead set against ash getting incineroar. Since I don't want to see another potential dark type get wasted

Status
Not open for further replies.