• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I just pray they don't have Ash ditch any of his other alola pokemon next week.

still want to see a moment where incineroar acts like a badass, but then Delia appears and it completely freezes and folds.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
There's no indication anything else is being left behind. Hell, not even something like Mallow saying goodbye to Shaymin. Besides Solgaleo probably flying in the sky again.

I do know there are some people who are skeptical of him keeping Melmetal due to it's "mythical" status.

We could still see her do that later on.

Master Pikachu 11

And just like Goodra Nagandel went back home in the penultimate episode.

I swear if Ash catches Nebby at the last minute.
This is why I did not like it coming back, I hope this doesn’t become a recurring theme, as I don’t want anymore Goodra like Pokémon that get captured then get release, then come back and participate in the league because the writers couldn’t be bothered by having him catch some other Pokémon. So hopefully next series, Ash will have a full team way before the Galar league starts.

Ash-Greninja4life

Interested to see how it goes for Ash in this next series, I suppose Galar will be the last place they travel to considering their home base is in Vermillian or Veridian city in Kanto is it? Would be good to see Ash use his old teams visiting each region to reminise and see how far he’s come, with some evolutions and captures along the way with those who deserve it.

Always wanted to see Ash with a Lucario

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Looks like incineroar wins the award for most pointless evolution on ash's team. It evolves and does nothing

Nope, Naganadel's release was pointless. Utter garbage....

Torracat deserved what he got. They just should have had Incineroar battle Marowak or Turtonator instead of 'Ash's most powerful Alola Pokemon struggling to beat Kiawe's weakest' ugh....

Ash-Greninja4life

I also hope they don’t forget that Ash is the Alola league champion. No doubt he’ll go to this next region and ‘reset’ although in Alola he seemed just as competent as Kalos. My point is I want him to travel to all the regions and show off and be able to say ‘I am the Champion of the Alola region’

Revolver Furious Dragon

I also hope they don’t forget that Ash is the Alola league champion. No doubt he’ll go to this next region and ‘reset’ although in Alola he seemed just as competent as Kalos. My point is I want him to travel to all the regions and show off and be able to say ‘I am the Champion of the Alola region’

So you want him to lie?

World Turtle

Interested to see how it goes for Ash in this next series, I suppose Galar will be the last place they travel to considering their home base is in Vermillian or Veridian city in Kanto is it? Would be good to see Ash use his old teams visiting each region to reminise and see how far he’s come, with some evolutions and captures along the way with those who deserve it.

Always wanted to see Ash with a Lucario

Speaking of previous fighting types for Ash despite already having Hawlucha I'd like to see Ash get Pangoro. Seeing as May, Dawn, and Iris got Pokemon Ash already had. Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Gible I don't see why the opposite can't happen with Serena and Pancham. Could be used for shipping fuel.

It's just after Scraggy and Krookodile Pangoro just looks like the sort of Dark type Ash would get you know? The ninja frog and the heel wrestling tiger just add to that. Ash's Dark Types be the Anti-Heroes of the Dark (or Evil) Type.

Even the dark types in waiting: Corphish/Crawdaunt is the Rogue/Ruffian Pokemon and Larvitar/Tyranitar is based on Godzilla who is an Anti-Hero in some versions.

I think the only remaining ones that qualify are Houndour (Hell Hound) and Absol (Alerts people of danger).

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I can't even rate Incineroar because I have no idea what it's capable of doing... it's not like it beat Incineroar on its own anyway. You can argue how much damage Lycanroc and Melmetal ended up doing, but the fact of the matter is they played a role too. Lycanroc actually forced Kakui to switch his Incineroar out.

Ash-Greninja4life

I can't even rate Incineroar because I have no idea what it's capable of doing... it's not like it beat Incineroar on its own anyway. You can argue how much damage Lycanroc and Melmetal ended up doing, but the fact of the matter is they played a role too. Lycanroc actually forced Kakui to switch his Incineroar out.

True, but Lycanroc got his arm with one shard from stone Edge. Incineroar deflected Melmetal’s flash cannon with Darkest Lariat so it didn’t take any damage and then caught Melmetals double iron bash. So really it took little damage from Melmetal and indirect damage from Incineroar. So yeah I get what you mean, they played a role. But considering the difference in ‘level’ or whatever you want to call it between Ash and Kukui’s Incineroar’s or Torracat even at the time, it still probably would have been more powerful. Torracat won because it absorbed Blast Burn. Torracat also had a battle with Venasaur, although I don’t believe it actually took any damage there

Master Pikachu 11

True, but Lycanroc got his arm with one shard from stone Edge. Incineroar deflected Melmetal’s flash cannon with Darkest Lariat so it didn’t take any damage and then caught Melmetals double iron bash. So really it took little damage from Melmetal and indirect damage from Incineroar. So yeah I get what you mean, they played a role. But considering the difference in ‘level’ or whatever you want to call it between Ash and Kukui’s Incineroar’s or Torracat even at the time, it still probably would have been more powerful. Torracat won because it absorbed Blast Burn. Torracat also had a battle with Venasaur, although I don’t believe it actually took any damage there
Incineroar took no damage from Melmetal just like Torracat took no damage from Venasaur. Torracat did most of the damage to Incineroar while Lycanroc did a small damage to its arm. Again we also forget that Torracat took some damage from Incineroar at the beginning of the match so again Torracat beat Incineroar fair and square with only small minor help from Lycanroc

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
And so it ends. It's been one hell of a ride. The only thing unsatisfying to me in the end is snowy not evolving and rotom not staying with Ash. Otherwise I loved the ending. This series was really good.

DavidD001

Jessie & James leave behind their Z Ring & Crystals along with Mimikyu & Mareanie with Bewear.
Ash leaves Rowlet, Dusk Lycanroc, Incineroar & Melmetal under the care of Kukui.
Lillie specifically calls out Ash at the end while blushing.
Burnette is revealed to be pregnant and is physically showing.

So Ash returns to Pallet Town with ONLY Pikachu with him.

And Kukui's Lab becomes the 2nd Lab that Ash can call pokemon from that he keeps pokemon at now after a journey.

Revolver Furious Dragon

So why exactly did ash leave his Pokémon at kukuis instead of taking them to oaks? Seems kinda idiotic to me since at oaks they could train with ash while he's there and train with his other Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.