• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Madison M

A couple weeks ago, I started a monotype steel playthrough. Right now I'm in the Trainer's School and my team is Silver the Togedemaru and Cobalt the Magnemite, with Akane the shiny Mawile waiting in Alpha Sapphire since she's overleveled.

Pokemon Power

I'm starting to think that the Gen. 7 GTS has been hacked. I'm trying to get the regular versions of certain Pokemon, and I keep getting Shiny versions with strange nicknames.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm starting to think that the Gen. 7 GTS has been hacked. I'm trying to get the regular versions of certain Pokemon, and I keep getting Shiny versions with strange nicknames.

Strange. Are they shortened web addresses? Those are hacked. It's been like that for quite awhile now.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Like maybe banning the ones who put those hacked Pokemon on there in the first place.
I really doubt it considering how old the games are. There are several hackers like this around all 3DS games including X/Y /ORAS and Sun/Moon /and Ultra versions). Adventure Snivy is the most common offender he has almost infinite rows of hacked pokemon.
I think the monitoring system on the GTS is doing a poor job without any moderators working behing the scenes or the hackers are too good.
Even worse browsing searches can freeze your console and trades that end up softlock your console and forcing you to power off. Depositing a pokemon or organizing a trade is safest.

Also Kalos doesn't have the best "lottery" in wonder trades. Most players seem to be more active in ORAS and SM/USUM

Last edited:

DarkSerpent

Silent Observer
Frankly, I'm surprised I could buy the pokemon bank app again. I still happily breed for shinies and egg move 6 i.v. babies. Eventually a game will come out where I can migrate all my old favorites. I look forward to that day. I hope it's for the switch, but I'd be equally happy with another hand held, should they decide to give that another go. Thought the switch was kind of a way to fuse/eliminate the handheld vs. console wars... but ya never know anymore...

Baggie_Saiyan

Decided to play through Moon again whilst waiting for SV and man this already brings back nostalgia aha

Although I forgot how painful the beginning of this game is, but I am excited to delve into Alola again!

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Decided to play through Moon again whilst waiting for SV and man this already brings back nostalgia aha

Although I forgot how painful the beginning of this game is, but I am excited to delve into Alola again!
Yeah I want to start SOS shiny hunting again! I accidentally deleted my shiny Espeon because I thought I had transferred everything over before I restarted my game but forgot it was in my battle box!

Pokefan_1987

Well some of the totem battles is are still tough. Lurantis has known to spam the Solar Blade move more times than the player would be able to maximize it to 8 with PP Max.

You're lucky Totem Araquanid and Togedemaru and Ultra Necrozma are only in the Ultra Games.

Araquanid has ridiculous ammount of coverage since bug/water can resist most types you can bring in.
Togedemaru spams Spiky Shield (protects user and damages the attacker) and Protect a lot.

Last edited:

Baggie_Saiyan

Yeah I want to start SOS shiny hunting again! I accidentally deleted my shiny Espeon because I thought I had transferred everything over before I restarted my game but forgot it was in my battle box!
SOS shiny hunting probably one of the best methods since it was all in that one battle

I do miss SOS battles makes even regular wild battle more difficult

Anway I am 8 hours into game just cleared fire trial and yeah I absolutely love Alola! Decided to nuzlocke initially but kept losing Mons so decided to do a regular playthrough

Vindicated30.6

Anway I am 8 hours into game just cleared fire trial and yeah I absolutely love Alola! Decided to nuzlocke initially but kept losing Mons so decided to do a regular playthrough
I get that. I started doing a Nuzlocke in Y but wiped right before the Glittering Cave. I just finished Brilliant Diamond and an Alolan vacation sounds wondeful.

Pokefan_1987

I get that. I started doing a Nuzlocke in Y but wiped right before the Glittering Cave. I just finished Brilliant Diamond and an Alolan vacation sounds wondeful.
Its easy to get wiped on a dark type run in kalos. many caves have hard to avoid fighting karate trainers that walk around in the dark. Viola (Bugs are effective against dark and psychics but Froakie isnt dark until greninja) Korrina and Valerie can be dangerous.

Bownzinho

I’ve just finished the trainer school on Ultra Moon so it is now in the same place as my copy of Sun. With the Alola Dex I’m at 16 caught 22 Seen on Ultra Moon and have just got an Alolan Meowth and Zorua. I’m actually sticking with Slowpoke as only water type, I never use that so I thought I’d give it a go for once.

Overall I’m happy I got back into the series, it’s been a long time

Baggie_Saiyan

Just made to to the last Island getting the flute etc. My team is under levelled making battles last longer than they should but I ain't complaining lol

I may swap Mudsdale with Kommo-o.

But yeah these games have been fun and extremely nostalgic can't believe they came out 6 years ago! I would love an open world remake for Alola!

Vindicated30.6

I picked up a copy of Sun at my local indie game store for $20 today. Got it back to the house, reset the save file, and did a run through of the demo so I could transfer Ash-Greninja over before the eShop goes down. Only thing is, my Bank pass expired, so I can't move it over there until they unlock the free version unless I want to pay for a full year for about a day of service.

Edit: Got Ash-Greninja on my copy of both Sun and Moon, and now I wait for Bank to be free so I can transfer them!

Last edited: