• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Got my copy earlier today! :D

I spent a lot of time SRing for an Adamant Litten and looking for a female Pichu, so I didn't get too much done, but I'm approaching the first trial. My current team is:

Blaze the Litten
Pichu
Munchlax

Chimecho3000

Been catching Abras in the hopes of getting Modest and Adamant ones with Synchronize. Managed to get a Modest, but not Adamant. Think I might give up for now as it's a pain trying to catch them this early. I got a shiny Alolan Meowth during the process though!

iggy the skorupi

So quick summery of the main points of the first day.

Picked Litten for starter, and was shocked to find it be a female.
Evolved gift Munchlax into Snorlax.
Evolved Litten into Torracat, and my Pikipek into Trumbeak, Grubin into Charjabug.
Breezed through the first few trials.
Challenged Mallow's totem Pokemon, which resulted in my first full team loss.

Current team consists of level 26 Torracat, 25 Trumbeak, 22 Charjabug, 21 Carbarlwer, 21 Wishiwashi, with 23 Snorlax and 21 Slowbro in reserve. Hunting something that might help with the Grass totem combo.

canadiandragon

I didn't get to play the game for nearly as long as I wanted to yesterday, so I've only gotten as far as Hau'oli City. So far, my team is:

Popplio: Lvl 14
Pikipek: Lvl 13
Abra: Lvl 13

And, within 30 seconds of entering the grass in Hau'oli City, I had my first random shiny encounter (and caught it)! A shiny Rattata. Actually makes me like Rattata. Absolutely loving this game so far!

Genos

The Indigo Disk
After a couple of hours of playing another game. I finally started on Sun.

Got a Jolly Litten, I guess I'm satisfied with it's nature. That cut-scene was long and I'll be giving him psychical attacks. So it's good.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Caught a Pichu to join my Rowlet and Pikipek. Might keep it on my team for the rest of the game as I really like Alola Raichu and my sister would really appreciate me using her favourite Pokemon. :D

I spent most of my time since my last post going through the Trainers' School and exploring Hau'oli City. The battle with Magnemite at the school was pretty annoying for me as I didn't have any moves that were good against Steel (fortunately, Pikipek has learned Rock Smash since then). I had to use so many Potions to win that one lol. The Team Skull Grunt I battled in the city was pretty easy, though.

Right now, I'm about to start the first trial. I've caught several more Pokemon since Pichu, including Grimer, Meowth, and Yungoos. I've mostly been using Rowlet/Pichu/Pikipek/Grimer in battle and got Pikipek to evolve into Trumbeak.

Star26zx96g

Am still soft reseting both sun and moon for a shiny popplio! So have 2 3DS in action right now.

NO gameplay yet just 10 plus hours in between other things soft reseting. Hoping I get lucky sometime soon as I really want to start one of the games with shiny Popplio the other with Rowlett! Started soft resetting for both then realised I may have more luck soft resetting both for popplio! So far no luck! Don't care if its male or female or what nature I just love popplio and want to do a shiny playthrough where the pokemon I use are all shiny and then can go back for others once I unlock the shiny charm/. See how it goes.

Right now though luck is not on my side! But I can't give up as I want Shiny Popplio so bad! Prefer it to how the normal popplio looks

slowdude

I ended up making quite a bit of progress today as I'm on what i can only assume is the final stretch as i make my way through the Vast Poni Canyon. I ended up ditching my Meganium after it evolved because really it could only do one thing and it wasn't that great at it. To think i spent more then half the game with only 1 gen VII pokemon, 2 Gen 2's and a Gen 1.

Anyway just caught a Hakamo-o in the Vast Poni Canyon which evolved with a single rare candy into Kommo-o. Just early i caught a Gastrodon as i really needed some electricity Immunity. I did catch a Mimikyu as soon as it became available. Plus Magneton evolved into Magnezone once i reached the Vast Poni Canyon. Finally Crobat is still awesome as it Primarina.

I have to say catching Mimikyu and Hakamo-o were both absolute chores. Probably a good 30 minutes to encounter Mimikyu and over an hour before Jangmo-o appeared which i stalled with its perfect counter Mimikyu until it called a Hakamo-o. I had about 4 more Hakamo-o's called in during the fight before i gave in and just caught the last one i left standing.

So to finish it off the newly caught Kommo-o is level 45. Crobat level 48. Gastrodon level 48. Magnezone level 48. Primarina level 49. Mimikyu level 49. Mimikyu is easily one of the best pokemon ever.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Since the last time I posted I did the Fire and Grass trial. The Fire Trial was easy because I picked Popplio as my starter, but the Grass one was unexpectedly difficult. I wasn't expecting a Lurantis to be so tough. Thank goodness for Baby Doll Eyes on my Sylveon, or I would have just kept getting KOed. Now I'm off to challenge Olivia. I also caught Morelull and Comfey to grow my Mono-Fairy team!

Team

Ariel the male Brionne
Sylvia the female Sylveon
Champignon the female Morelull
Leia the female Comfey
Lacey the female Cutiefly

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Ok, here is what I have done in the past approximate 22 hours.
I went between classes and got both Sun and Moon around 10:30 AM. After my afternoon classes, I spent the next nearly 12 hours playing Sun. (I went to sleep at about 4 AM this morning.)

I am currently in the Ultra Space. I just beat the totem-upgraded Lusamine team. Here is my current team:
Decidueye lvl 50
Vikavolt lvl 45
Mudsdale lvl 45
Salazzle lvl 47
Mimikyu lvl 47
Kommo-o lvl 47

I plan on spending the Thanksgiving Break playing some more. I have a car ride today, so I will probably play during that as well.

Drummerdude

Caught a Crabrawler on Route 2 and decided to add it to my team. Immediately after the capture I began my first island trial which was easy thanks to Crabrawler and a TM you get during the challenge. After successfully completing the challenge I explored Route 3 where Litten sadly evolved (I don't like Torracat very much) before heading back to Iki Town and completing my first Grand Trial with relative ease. Before leaving Melemele Island I explored it over once more and grabbed a few mediocre TM's and caught some new Pokemon before heading to the Marina. Grubbin is really struggling at the moment.

726.png
Lv17
736.png
L15
739.png
Lv17

ebevan91

Caught a Crabrawler on Route 2 and decided to add it to my team. Immediately after the capture I began my first island trial which was easy thanks to Crabrawler and a TM you get during the challenge. After successfully completing the challenge I explored Route 3 where Litten sadly evolved (I don't like Torracat very much) before heading back to Iki Town and completing my first Grand Trial with relative ease. Before leaving Melemele Island I explored it over once more and grabbed a few mediocre TM's and caught some new Pokemon before heading to the Marina. Grubbin is really struggling at the moment.

726.png
Lv17
736.png
L15
739.png
Lv17

My Grubbin is level 15 too and yeah he's starting to fall behind as well. Brionne is level 17 and so is my Growlithe.

Anyways, I got rekt by the kahuna's Mankey first go-around. Did something dumb and used Mud-Slap on it, triggering Anger Point. It then proceeded to sweep my entire team with critical hit Karate Chops after using Focus Energy. Rematched him and won pretty easily. The AI is still really dumb in this game. His Makuhita kept using nothing but Sand Attack while my Brionne was using Disarming Voice.

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
Currently on the Grass trial!

Team

Growlithe ♂ (in training)
Level 23
- Bite
- Roar
- Flame Wheel
- Reversal

Slowpoke ♂
Level 27
- Confusion
- Yawn
- Headbutt
- Water Gun

Magnemite
Level 27
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Spark
- Mirror Shot

Sylveon ♀
Level 27
- Draining Kiss
- Quick Attack
- Swift
- Fairy Wind

Hariyama ♀
Level 28
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Rock Tomb
- Brick Break

Dartrix ♀
Level 29
- Astonish
- Razor Leaf
- Synthesis
- Pluck

I tried to use the newer Pokémon, but they didn't quite work well enough with this team. I'm still going to catch them, of course!

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
So far Moon is way tougher than XY, wow!

Currently I'm on Route 8, and I just caught a Stufful to add to my ever-growing party. I managed to clear the first several trials, defeat Hala, and make my way through much of the second Island, but not without some tough times along the road. So far, I've lost the initial battle against Ilima; an NPC battle against Mistress Elizabeth and her Carbink; the battle against Sina, courtesty of her scoring a critical hit against my Trumbeak; and my first attempt at Kiawe's trial, as Salazzle knocked out my Dewpider faster than I'd expected. I evolved Dewpider to deal with Totem Salazzle, and as expected the boosts from evolution were enough to make the battle a lot more manageable.

Current team:

Stufful, Lv. 19
Charjabug, Lv. 21
Bouncee (Steenee), Lv. 22
Trumbeak, Lv. 23
Araquanid, Lv. 23

Water Bubble Araquanid has been a huge asset so far, but even what is essentially a 3x multiplier on Water-type moves isn't a gamebreaker, and I love that. It's been legitimately challenging so far. I currently plan to do some training until my team ranges from Lv. 23 to Lv. 27 or so; I might bump Trumbeak up one more in order to evolve it. I might use Mallow's trial to achieve that instead of training up before the trial, just because I know it won't be that difficult (I've got two Bug-types and a Flying-type that also knows Flame Charge). Basically, my main concern now is determining a finalized team lineup - there's more than one other Pokemon I want to use, and I have to be sure to not overuse any particular type or exploit any one weakness (I'm already anxious about using two Bugs and a Grass).

Tempted to just make a team of six different colors of Minior, because YES. <3

KillerDraco

So I bought both Sun and Moon, but chose to "main" Sun.

When I first picked my Rowlet, I expected to have to soft reset for a decent nature. However, imagine my surprise when the very first nature I got was Adamant! As a result, I deemed this run to be blessed.

This proved to be true, as a mere 3 hours into the game, I encountered the unthinkable; a Shiny! Mind you, it was just an Alolan Rattata, but bricks were shat. Things have been a little more modest since then, but otherwise, I'm having fun. Currently at the Ranch, trying to catch a Miltank.

Current Team:
Dartrix - Level 24
Snorlax - Level 20
Growlithe - Level 20
Magnemite - Level 21
Slowpoke - Level 21
Rockruff - Level 18

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Beat Olivia, did the Ultra Beast event, made it to the next island, and did the electric trial. It's a good thing Baby Doll eyes has priority, or I'd never beat some of these Pokemon. I caught an Igglybuff, but decided to box it. She wasn't really doing much damage. Some Pokemon also evolved.

Current Team

Ariel the male Brionne
Sylvia the female Sylveon
Champignon the female Shiinotic
Leia the female Comfey
Lacey the female Ribombee

Professor Maple

Pokemon prof.
Just got to the second island and got a pair of glasses! I was happy this game included them for once. I was disappointed when the first island didn't have them

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
So I bought both Sun and Moon, but chose to "main" Sun.

When I first picked my Rowlet, I expected to have to soft reset for a decent nature. However, imagine my surprise when the very first nature I got was Adamant! As a result, I deemed this run to be blessed.

This proved to be true, as a mere 3 hours into the game, I encountered the unthinkable; a Shiny! Mind you, it was just an Alolan Rattata, but bricks were shat. Things have been a little more modest since then, but otherwise, I'm having fun. Currently at the Ranch, trying to catch a Miltank.

Current Team:
Dartrix - Level 24
Snorlax - Level 20
Growlithe - Level 20
Magnemite - Level 21
Slowpoke - Level 21
Rockruff - Level 18

You are so lucky. I chose popplio and his nature is jolly which is minus sp attack DX. Oh well ive never been lucky with natures. D=

Drummerdude

I'm disappointed how few people are posting in this thread. I guess everyone is too busy playing the game.

After arriving on the second island I got the Zyguarde Cube thing and also caught some new Pokemon on Route 4. On Route 5 I captured a Fomantis for my team which surprised me as I didn't expect to catch it so soon. After the capture I began the second trial where Grubbin finally evolved into Charjabug. Fomantis and Charjabug led the way in another easy trial. I stopped playing in front of the gates of the 3rd trial which I am actually dreading because my team doesn't do well against that type and I'm too stubborn to go catch something that is supereffective to help me. Also my first encounter in this area was a female Salandit. Probably won't be so lucky on a runthrough where I intend on using it.

726.png
Lv21
737.png
Lv22
739.png
Lv22
753.png
Lv21

SoulSilver Eric

Recently battled an Ace Trainer who I had an unusually long fight with since they had a Red Card.
Currently chaining bagons for either a shiny or Salamence.

Current Team:
Lit - Torracat lv 18
Button - Butterfree lv 17
Nekomamushi - Munchlax lv 16
Chiko - Bayleef lv 16