• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished trading to evolve all the pokemon I could. I still need to get a metal coat to get scisor. It's dumb that you cant find one in the game and can only get it from wild pokemon DX After I find one I will start evolving pokemon by leveling up =)

Kalosian

So long
Started by battling Morimoto and the trainers at the Battle Buffet, it has become my new routine for the game. I need to take advantage of the limited training spots that actually exist. My battle against Morimoto went very well today, my Salazzle was able to confirm 3 Nasty Plots against his Flareon and then sweep his entire team with ease. Afterwards, I continued with the Ultra Beast quest. Went with my new info to Looker and Anabel, they told me that an Ultra Beast had been sighted at Diglett's Tunnel and Wela Volcano Park. One or two? I guess I was about to find out. Put together a team with the Pokemon I needed, including an Abra with Synchronize and the desired Nature as well as my Klefki with Thunder Wave, holding a Wide Lens for a 99% chance of paralyzing the target.

Went to the Wela Volcano Park and eventually ran into a ???, which later turned out to be a cute Nihilego. It took me three tries to get it. I accidentally fainted it on the first try (forgot that it has terrible Defense), then it had the wrong Nature on the second try, so I had to reset. On the third try, it had the Nature I wanted, so I kept it. I found it very easy to catch, but I later learned that it has a relatively high capture rate so it wasn't that strange. My own little Nihilego, I love it. Went to Diglett's Tunnel afterwards, but the music told me that only one Nihilego existed, not more. But that's okay. I went back to Looker and Anabel, this meant I had completed the first mission regarding the Ultra Beasts.

It didn't end there though as we soon learned that more Ultra Beasts had been spotted, this time on Melemele. So we went there and got some info from Nanu, I also learned that I could go to Aether Paradise to get more info about Nihilego from Wicke there. Decided to take a short break from this and do some other things instead. I connected my game to the PGL for the first time, so now that is done as well. Sadly, the PGL for this generation feels very lackluster, even more than the one that existed last generation. There's not even a Medal system. I really doubt I'll use the PGL much, if at all. I'm also not a fan of how it apparently does an auto-sync every time you connect to the Internet.

Decided to play a little in Festival Plaza, hosted a Mission and participated in another, got a bit of FC. Then I continued with the Ultra Beasts. Went to Aether Paradise and spoke to Wicke there, she told me some things about Nihilego. This Pokemon is rather creepy and bizarre. And I love it. Then I continued with the next one. Put together the party I needed, then I headed to Verdant Cavern. Apparently, 4 of the same kind of beautiful Ultra Beast was residing here. Managed to find and catch all 4 of them, Pheromosa were their name. They were quite easy to catch. I like how they don't have absurdly low catch rates, makes this quest quite enjoyable.

With that done, this mission was complete too. I decided to stop with the Ultra Beasts here for today, and with obtaining info about Pheromosa from Wicke (which I learned I could do once) until I have caught all the remaining Ultra Beasts so I can learn about all of them at once. Decided to do some other things instead. The next mission would be on Akala Island, so I went there. And the next Pokedex I'll complete will be the Akala Dex, so I decided to start a little on it today. Went out to Route 6 where I caught an Igglybuff and 2 Eevee in Luxury Balls. Looking back, I should have caught the Igglybuff in a Luxury Ball as well, too late to change now though. Maybe I'll catch another one later. The second Eevee took a while before it appeared, really made me miss the DexNav. Decided to stop here today, more tomorrow.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally got a metal coat from a magnemite. I think it took about 30 to show up DX. I also evolved cubone, paras, morull, crabrawler, and some others. Still have a long way to go.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- Once inside the Pokemon Nursery place, I talked with someone and received an egg that I think would eventually hatch into an Eevee. But I didn't bother leaving my pokemon there.
- After getting the Hidden Power Tm also, I left the Nursery and grabbed a few more items outside including an Oval Stone. I went to Route 5 as well now and I saw Gladion soon. :]
- I defeated Gladion's Zubat and Type: Null and got some Revives from Hau as well, then I defeated a few more trainers and worked on level grinding cuz my team was falling behind.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I just evolved a bunch more stuff including rowlett and litten. I noticed I didn't catch a vanillite or a second slowpoke. Yay for more things to cstch and evolve DX

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'm really beginning to give up hope on my Shiny Popplio ive restarted my pokemon Moon version and ive been resetting for 6 days now the first 2 days was for only 5 hours because of work and such but the other 4 ive had the whole day to reset and STILL notthing! I even lost count! Idk how people do this it's brutal :(

It IS brutal. I can't do it. I don't have the patience for it, not even with the Shiny Charm and Masuda Method.

Got Sun for Xmas and made it to the Trainer's School so now I can Wonder Trade for the rest of my Team after starting with Popplio. Nearly 14 hours of Wonder Trading later, I have:

2 Ultra Beasts - Pheromosa and Kartana
Shiny Decidueye with Choice Band
Shiny Bruxish with Choice Scarf
Multiples of all 3 starters
106 Pokedex Entries

That's some intense Wonder Trading. I'll get the occasional Rowlet, and I'll sometimes get an IV-bred Pokémon (one of which is a Crabrawler--I'm so happy someone is seriously using a Crabominable online), but I've never gotten anything like a shiny Pokémon or Ultra Beasts through that before.

I finally got a metal coat from a magnemite. I think it took about 30 to show up DX. I also evolved cubone, paras, morull, crabrawler, and some others. Still have a long way to go.

I'd recommend getting a Butterfree with Compound Eyes if you're hunting for items held by wild Pokémon. Most of the useful and/or practical ones have a 5% hold rate, but with a Pokémon with Compound Eyes up in front, it goes up to 20%. Still a chore, but not an ordeal like it is without Compound Eyes.

I have what I call the "Hold Item Task Force" in each Pokémon game. In this one, I use a Butterfree with Compound Eyes and an Exeggutor with Frisk and Thief. Butterfree triggers Compiund Eyes, and Exeggutor both verifies the hold item and can take it.

Flamer

Traveled to the Ultra Dimension and defeated Lillie's crazy mum. Afterwards, Lillie suggested Nebby, who by this point had evolved into Solgaleo, join my team. We subsequently battled, and I was able to catch him using my last Luxury Ball. Bit of a snob about Pokeballs, so glad I was able to get him in something cool. Nicknamed him Nebby of course.

Then made my way over to the Professor's brand new Pokemon League. Decided to make my own way instead of hitching a lift with the shady old dude. Wanted to stop off and pick up some new shoes. Essential before a league challenge ;)

Made my way to Tapu Village, and at the bottom of the mountain was challenged to a final battle by Gladion. After beating him in a fairly tight battle I climbed the mountain to the Pokemon League. Stopped at the Pokemon centre beforehand, and found the move reminder person there. Taught Heb Thunderbolt so he could use his special Z move.

Once inside the Pokemon League, I was welcomed by the professor and given the choice of which Elite 4 member to take on. Went for the far left door first and was greeted by Hala. My team hasn't really got any better at facing Fighting types since I last battle him, so this was another really tough one. Had been hoping to save Nebby for the Champion, but had to call on him here. Heb's Psychic was a life saver too.

After Hala the battle's got a little easier. Heb and Swing made short work of Kahili with Thunderbolt, (and its Stoked Sparksurfer Z move variant) and Rock Tomb respectively. Acerola was a bit more challenging, mostly because I'm still very bad at working out Ghost and Dark type matchups. Winter really came into her own in this match, her Ice Beam pulling me out of sticky situation with Palossand. Olivia proved to be a tough nut to crack too. The battle was never really in doubt, despite my team boasting two Fire types, but there was a rather long war of attrition between Nebby and her Golem at the end, which Nebby won through of course.

With the Elite 4 defeated, I moved on to the Champions room, high above the Alohan sky. Without a doubt the most epic Pokemon League setting so far.

Turns out I was the first challenger to the League, so there was no Champion to beat. Instead, I had to face of against the Professor himself. After a pretty intense battle, it came down to his Primarina against Heb. A Stoked Sparksurfer proved to be a suitable climax to an electrifying battle :)

With that I was crowned the first Champion of Aloha. Apparently I'll need to defend my seat against new challengers in the future, which is a nice twist. Definitely feels much more like I'm the actual Champion than it did in previous games. We had a party to celebrate, during which myself and Lillie snuck off the the Ruins of Conflict, where Tapu Koko appeared before us. After double checking that I would be able to re-battle if I fainted it, I decided to let Nebby lose and provide a finale the game deserved. Nebby actually made pretty short work of Tapu Koko, but it was fun none the less. We then returned and partied the night away with everyone.

The next morning, Hau woke me up and quickly took me down to the harbour, where Lillie was preparing to leave to Kanto, (hint hint???). We said our good-byes, and credits rolled.

Great end to a truly great game :)

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I went to the Battle Royal dome and did the required battle there. Then, I entered a few royals on my own. My Pokemon weren't anywhere near level 50, so of course they got destroyed, but I earned a few BP, which is all I wanted.

After that, I went over to Wela Volcano Park to do Kiawe's trial. While climbing up the volcano, I caught a Salandit and Cubone and trained my Pokemon. Once at the top, I started the trial. It went very well for me - my Brionne was able to defeat every Pokemon I had to battle, including the Totem Salazzle. Probably the easiest trial for me so far between this game and Moon.

When the trial was complete, I went to Poke Pelago. I collected a bunch of beans right away, then started developing some isles. I got both Isle Aplenny and Isle Aphun and have already started growing berries and sending Pokemon on expeditions. I'll work on getting more isles and upgrading everything once I have more Pokemon in the PC.

Next, I spent the rest of my time on Route 8 and the portion of Route 5 I couldn't reach before. I levelled up my team some more against trainers and caught a few more Pokemon such as Wimpod, Tentacool, and Finneon.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
Started my first Global Mission at the Festival Plaza. I did an Island Scan at Akala Island after charging it with QR Codes. The scanner detected a Honedge at Akala Outskirts. I grabbed Bravely, my Brave natured Synchronize Kadabra, from the Box and flew off to the Ruins of Conflict. I went to Akala Outskirts and encountered a Honedge on the first try. I paralyzed it with a Thunder Wave and immediately used a Luxury Ball since I have no way of damaging it. I successfully caught it and named it Espada. I went back to InterHub, my Festival Plaza, and reported my successful catch at the PGL.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Yesterday in Sun, I finally completed the main story! Before moving on to the Alola Pokémon League, I had a final battle with Hau. His Dartrix had now evolved into Decidueye, so my Incineroar was at ease, being a Fire/Dark type over his Grass/Ghost typing. After defeating Hau, I prepped my team up for my Elite 4 challenge, deciding to fight Olivia first, then Acerola, Kahili, and finally Hala. After putting up a hard but good fight with the Elite 4, Professor Kukui came up to me for one last battle before taking my title as Alola's first Champion, finding out that he'd kept the Popplio left out from the very beginning and evolved it all the way up to a Primarina, which inspired me to have a Popplio traded to me so I could get all three Alolan starters into my Pokédex. Once I took my rightful place as the new Champion of Alola, I took a little time to relax and explore the areas of Alola which I hadn't yet explored, like Hano Beach on Akala and the eastern side of Poni, where I met Red and Blue near the Battle Tree. I caught a few Pokémon which I hadn't yet caught before, like Rockruff, Passimian, Comfey, Bounsweet and Wimpod.

Grey Wind

Made my way to Mount Lanakila and battled Gladion there. Lost the first time because I was underleveled and Weavile outsped everything, but I trained a little bit before the rematch and beat him without much trouble. After climbing the mountain Hau challenged me, and aside from Raichu he was another relatively easy battle. Took some time after that to train on Poni before taking on the Elite 4.

Started off with Kahili and she was more difficult that I thought. Mandibuzz took ages to take down, knocking out Lycanroc before eventually falling to Salazzle. The rest of her Pokemon were less challenging, although Toucannon manged to burn a few things.

Acerola annoyed me with lots of confusion, but she ended up being pretty easy, with Toucannon pulling through and knocking out Pallossand. Olivia was probably the easiest. Wishiwashi took down most of her team, with some help from Decidueye.

Hala ended up being the hardest. Primeape's Outrage put a dent in my team, and I had to rely on Salazzle after Crabominable OHKOed Raichu. I burned Bewear with Toucannon and lost because Hala used a ****ing Full Restore. Once the crab and the bear fell, a revived Raichu knocked out Poliwrath without trouble.

Finally, Kukui was middling. Lycanroc fell quickly but still managed to set up Stealth Rock. Braviary and Ninetales also fell easily, while Snorlax soaked up a few hits and knocked out Toucannon with Body Slam. Incineroar was a pain, dodging Rock Slide and KOing Lycanroc with Cross Chop and finishing off a weakened Salazzle. Wishiwashi took it down in the end (I think?) and I brought back out Decidueye to finished off Magnezone. Woo!

The post-champion cut scenes were really cute, if a little long. I killed Tapu Koko because I didn't want to end up with a shitty nature, then watched the credits roll.

724.png
lv 56
026-a.png
lv 55
745.png
lv 54
746-s.png
lv 54
758.png
lv 54
733.png
lv 54

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
I got Sun Like three-four days ago and just been flying by on the seat of my pants@.@
I have caught very little pkmn for three of my isln dex and know I need way more but I've been way to excited to play and take on the trials!!

Kalosian

So long
Did a bit more training to start with, battled Morimoto and took on the Battle Buffet. I learned that you can't really battle the Queen at the Battle Buffet, and there is apparently no real reward from winning against her either, which makes her feel rather pointless to me. The only benefit from her existence that I can see is that it seems like you don't have to pay for entering, which I suppose is at least something. After that, I trained my team a bit more against wild Pokemon in the later areas on Poni Island. They all managed to reach level 75 which is good, but it is not enough. I need to get them further... if it only was possible. I really miss the training spots in Gen 5 and 6.

Afterwards, I continued with the Ultra Beasts. Went to the Motel on Akala and to start with, I had to battle Mina, which was neat. I learned that my next target was two Lightning Ultra Beasts. Prepared for them by reading about what they were like and what Natures I would want on them. Then I started to look for the first one. Went to Lush Jungle as that was one area where they could be found, caught the first one without problems. I had to reset once or twice since it had the wrong Nature, but that's it. No major problems. I got my first Xurkitree. Since it is an Electric-type, I couldn't paralyze it with Klefki but managed to catch it anyway. Mudsdale was also extremely helpful since it could tank Power Whips as well as get Stamina boosts and nothing else could damage it.

Then I went down to Memorial Hill to get the second one. It turned out to be much more difficult than the first one. Not going to describe it in detail, but it Struggled itself to death on the first attempt, forcing me to change my strategy for the next tries. I realized that I would need to paralyze it after all. Had a Golduck with Soak in my PC, withdrew it and my Klefki as well as temporarily taught Rock Tomb to my Mudsdale in order to be able to use the strategy I wanted. Then I managed to catch it, but it had the wrong Nature three times in a row and it was really difficult to catch 2 of these tries (on the third, it was very easy as I got it on the first ball). Then on the fourth try (fifth overall), it finally had the right Nature, so I kept it and saved.

Now that I had it, I went back to Looker and Anabel to tell them about it. I'm finding myself liking this Ultra Beast quest more and more for story-related reasons, I really want to know some of the secrets that Looker and Anabel seem to be keeping. The actual catching of the beasts feels a bit tiresome after what I had to go through today though, but I don't have that much left now so I should be able to make it all the way through. This ordeal really made me miss the awesome O-Powers from Gen 6. Learned that the next Ultra Beast had appeared on Ula'ula Island, they seem to be appearing on the Islands in order just as I expected, so that's where I'm headed next. I had to stop here today since I had to charge my 3DS, hadn't really planned to do anything more of importance though so that's okay.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- As I worked on leveling up my team at Route 5, I caught a Butterfree and a Fomantis and added the former to my team. I also found the Charge Beam Tm and grabbed a few berries as well.
- I had my team healed for me at the Pokemon Center at the top of Route 5 next and I visited Brooklet Hill and saw Captain Lana and she registered the Ride Lapras to my Ride Pager.
- I could now Surf, which was a relief. I now had to investigate some disturbances in the water and defeated the Totem Wishiwashi. Lana then gave me the Fishing Rod and Waterium Z.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Over the last couple of weeks, I haven't been on my game quite as much, but I decided to have a go at completing the Pokedex. So far I'm half way there. My shining star moments have remained more towards Festival Plaza where as of typing this I am at rank 157. I'm also partaking in the current Global mission and in doing so I have a few Pokemon that are only obtainable through Island Scan.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
Alright, here's a fun one. Note that I have not obtained the Shiny Charm in my game as of this post.

A few weeks ago I was on Route 1 doing an SOS chain with Pichu. My intention was to capture a Happiny. What decides to show up but a Shiny Pichu! Captured it in a Poké Ball. A few attempts later I successfully procured Happiny.

Fast forward to yesterday. I was on Route 1 doing an SOS chain with Munchlax. My intention was to capture a Snorlax, since I wasn't too inclined to go through the process of raising a Munchlax's happiness. What decides to show up but a Shiny Munchlax! Captured it in a Poké Ball. As of this post, Snorlax continues to evade me.

That brings me to earlier today. I was at the Poni Gauntlet, defeating wild Pokémon in order to level up and evolve some Pokémon for their Pokédex data. Out of nowhere, a Shiny Pelipper appears! Captured it in an Ultra Ball. The evolutions were obtained as planned.

I don't usually post in these kinds of threads, but I have never had this much luck! I've found random encounter Shiny Pokémon before, but never three in a single game, and never two in consecutive days (I am aware the SOS mechanic increases odds somehow, but still, this is crazy by my standards).

EDIT: A nearly four-hour-long chain later, Snorlax is mine. Probably took longer than just raising happiness.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I went to the Lush Jungle today to do Mallow's trial. I searched for some items around the jungle, which wasn't too hard, and defeated some wild Pokemon along the way with my Jangmo-o. Once I found everything, I fought the Totem Lurantis...which, after having an easy time with Totem Salazzle yesterday, ended up being the most difficult Totem I've faced on either version. Most of my Pokemon were weak to Grass, weak to X-Scissor, or OHKOed by Solar Blade. My Cutiefly wasn't too useful either, as Trumbeak was summoned as the SOS partner, but Cutiefly was fortunately able to hit it with Stun Spore being fainting.

So, I had to deal with Lurantis using my Jangmo-o. I spammed Leer for several turns and used a bunch of healing items, then kept attacking until the Totem fainted. Once it was out of the way, the remaining Trumbeak wasn't that bad. Still, it was an annoying battle.
After completing the trial, I captured some more Pokemon. Back on Route 8, I managed to get a female Salandit and a Stufful. In the jungle, I caught Pinsir, Comfey, Morelull, and Passimian. While looking for Pokemon, I got Cutiefly to evolve into Ribombee.

Next, I returned to Heahea City and visited the Dimensional Research Lab. After that, I went through Diglett's Tunnel and reached Konikoni City. I healed my team there, talked to some NPCs, and bought some things at the clothing store before heading out to Route 9, Memorial Hill, and the Akala Outskirts. I fought a bunch of trainers and caught a Phantump and Nosepass. At the Ruins of Life, I battled Olivia and defeated her using my Exeggcute and Brionne.

After that, I did a little more training. I battled Lana and Kiawe, then stopped by the Battle Buffet in Hau'oli. The trainers there were pretty weak, so I was able to win every battle in one turn with Exeggcute. Once I was done with that, I went over to the Hano Grand Resort. On the beach, I did the Pyukumuku game and battled a few people. Then, I went into the hotel, talked to everyone, then talked to Faba and went to Aether Paradise. After sitting through a few cutscenes there, I saved.

Team:
729.png
037-a.png
743.png
769.png
102.png
782.png

Lv. 31-32

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I woke up in the morning and realized that I can do two Island Scans a day for the mission so I quickly grabbed my game and started scanning. The scanner detected a Serperior at Exeggutor Island. I grabbed Timothy, my Timid-natured Synchronize Alakazam, and flew to the island. When I encountered the Serperior, I learned that Timothy forgot Thunder Wave after training in Pelago so I switched into Tesla, my Raichu, to paralyze him. I then used Will Treaty, my Decidueye, to weaken the Serperior and used a Luxury Ball. After some failed attempts, I managed to catch him and named the Timid-natured snake King Duncan.

Later in the evening, I found out that my scanner is fully charged so I did two Island Scans this time. The first one was a Staravia at Route 4 on Ula'ula Island. This time I brought Adamantium, my Adamant-natured Alakazam, with me as a Synchronizer and dashed my way to the route. When I encountered it, I immediately paralyzed it, not knowing that I could've used a Quick Ball. Still wanting her to be in a Quick Ball, I sent out Will Treaty to False Swipe the Whirlwind-using bird. I caught the Adamant Staravia and named her Amelia.

I went to Akala Island for my last Island Scan for the day and the scanner detected a Venipede at Route 4. Still bringing Adamantium with me, I dashed my way to the route where I encountered the bug. I critical captured the Adamant Venipede and named him Scorpio. Feeling satisfied for the catches, I went to InterHub and reported my catches for the mission.

gliscor&yanmega

Was breeding Pokemon last night, got a couple out of it(Bounsweet(Ability wasn't the one I wanted but whatever, perfect IVs and was tired trying to get the other Ability), and Dhelmise(Nature was neutral but again, didn't want to bother trying to find a good one at that point, also perfect IVs)). Continued with Stufful, eventually was tired so I put 18 eggs of them in the Avue and a few Pokemon in Evelup to see how that would go for overnight. The Pokemon I put in ended up going from level 1 to 23-25 so I'm probably going to use that more often during times I'm not playing the game for a while. As for the eggs, they were ready to hatch when I woke up and the second egg I hatched was a Shiny, wasn't hunting for a Shiny, wasn't even paying attention when my egg hatched so when I looked down I was basically like "Ok there's the Stuff-wait...it's yellow...oh a Shiny...cool". It's my first Shiny I got myself in Gen 7(I got a Shiny Minior via Wonder Trade, 99.99% sure it was hacked though(Used it nonetheless to breed for another perfect IV Minior)) so that's nice, not too Shiny crazed though but also nice when something unlikely happens(Don't have any Shiny increasing odds so it was just the standard 1 : whatever it is). It didn't have perfect IVs though(But it still had good IVs all around), so I probably wont end up using it.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm so close to being done with evolving pokemon. I just need to evolve my dragonaire and then catch and evolve a vanillite, catch a delmise, breed my granull aND breed my gabite and then evolve it. I totally forgot that I still need to evolve my friendship evo pokemon and my eevees. Oh joy DX