• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Mini rant that is part of recently happened: Met female Salandit RIGHT away. Went "Okay, Munchlax can use Hold Back and keep it alive." Accidentally hit Metronome and what do you know? Metronome summoned a super effective move for bloody once and one shot Salandit. Spent a good 30 minutes looking for another female. I really dislike gender exclusive evolutions, only went looking for one cause I'll need Salazzle(?) to complete the Alola dex

Anyways, I beat Lana's trial after some time of constantly resetting to not accept the lose. Then moved on after finding out Wimpod aren't in that cave at all, not even fishing. I then entered the Battle Royale and..... lost? IDK, they ganged up on me when I attacked Null first so I attacked Dartrix next hoping to one shot him but he survived just barely and Null finished him off right after.
We then ventured off to the volcano after Kiawe invited me to do his trial. And caught a Cubone in preparation for Alolan Marowak as Mimikyu is taking too long to appear to be my Ghost.

Team:
Torracat
Trumbeak
Charjabug
Cubone
Munchlax
Egg

slowdude

Finished the league with Primarina, Crobat, Magnezone, Gastrodone, Kommo-o and Mimikyu. Everyone besides Magnezone and Primarina were absolutely useless against the newly formed elite 4. Like Magnezone pretty much solo'd everything. Holy **** the ending cut scene never seems to end either. Going to go do my QR codes for the day then catch a Ditto and start breeding starters and Mimikyu's to send over wondertrade.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I downloaded Moon from the eShop midnight last night but I wasn't able to start playing until today. I picked the female trainer and also chose Popplio as my starter before defeating Hau.

Right now, I'm doing a little bit of training before taking on my first trial.

Current Team

Ariel, the Popplio
Pickles, the Pikipek
Gabriel, the Gastly
Anchorman, the Gastly
Georgie, the Meowth
Pancake, the Pichu

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat the first trial. After that I caught a diglett. I also found Lilly after catching a crabrawler. I really hate that thing, it has such a dumb looking smile XP. Next I beat the grand trial. My cutiefly I'm not using on my team killed the makuhita mainly because all it used was sand attack and arm thrust XD.doing that caused Jonathan to evolve into brionne which I think is adorable ^^ Next I finally caught a female rockruff after catching a machop, roggenrolla, carbink, and spinda. I named my little girl Iwanu. A play on rock and dog in japanese =) then I made my way to the next island. Current team:
Jonathan the brionne lv 17
Kuwagata the grubbin lv 17
Iwanu the rockruff lv 12

Last edited:

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
got moon for me and sun for my dad,
i chose rowlette, i named it Swoop! he chose popillio and gave it a strange an complex name that sounds like a codee.

swoop is naiive in nature and he is my little fluffly ball of danger and cuteness. we crushed Hau and his infant poplio
along our journey, we met an alolan grimer, I have a Muk for compettitive in XY named jelly jam, so ince this grimer is green i named it mouldy jam!
i also caught a yungoose, named him timone but i am going to change his name to Uncle max.

i came across a cutie fly, it tried to call for help but none came, i name it Tosin because it is male, like my friend tosin who always jokes about being a lone wold, forgotten by its crew

also

i got 2 Z crystals now!
normal and fighting, i fell asleep today as i was getting on the boat to alakka island so more on that later!

we travelled a bit more

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
After helping Lillie get her friend back in Melemele Medow on route 3, I stayed behind to catch some of the local pokemon. I also got some good pictures in that area using the Poke Finder camera! Anywho, I remembered I had a nifty new rideable Tauros Mount, it can smash through some rocks blocking my way no problem! I used him to access some blocked areas as well as Ten Carat Hill, where I smashed my way through to catch some new things I haven't seen before. Though there was this really big rock in the way that even Tauros couldn't move, so I left it alone...With that over with, I beelined it to Hau'oli City's Marina and took a ride on the Professor's boat to the next island, Akala!

Right away upon making landfall, we were greeted by the Island's Kahuna herself, along with one of the Captains. I plan to show them what I got soon enough! Hau went and did his thing and Lillie went to the huge hotel, so I did a little exploring in Hauhau City. I met this strange duo from Kalos who, after a battle with one of them, gave be a strange item called a Zygarde Cube. So parts of Zygarde are scattered about everywhere?!? I'll make sure to gather any I come by! The duo left, so I went to see what Route 4 had to offer.

Route 4 had a bunch of items, pokemon, and Trainers to trounce. I came across another pokemon to add to my ever-growing crew, before I knew it I was in Paniola town. Hau was there and challenged me to a "Showdown". His friends are getting stronger, but I still come out on top! He went ahead and I stopped by Paniola Ranch. I met Mallow again, one of the Captains there, as well as a particularly rowdy Tauros. It was a piece of work that took both a battle from me and a scolding from a Miltank to calm down! It did eventually, and I was rewarded with a new Rider pokemon. It's a Stoutland that can track and find hidden objects, that's going to be mighty useful!

I stuck around near the ranch to do some training there, after which I moved on to Route 5. It's alot bigger than the other routes, I can't even explore it all right now. I did what I could but eventually encountered Hau who recently got beaten by this mean-looking dude named Gladion. Seems like he associates with Team Skull! I ended up battling him and this mysterious pokemon of his, it was nothing like i've ever seen! After beating him he mentioned something about getting stronger, but then some Team Skull grunts came by for more trouble! But they were stopped and they, as well as that Gladion dude, left...Whew! I needed a stop at the Pokemon Center after that.

With my partners refreshed, I went into Brooklet Hill, where the next trial was supposedly held. I was greeted by this girl named Lana who immediately asked for my help. Of course I couldn't say no to someone in need so followed her. A few run ins with some pokemon later, I met Lana at a lakeside where there was wildly flowing water she needed me to investigate. I was given yet another Rider pokemon to do just that: A Lapras to swim across water with! With my new mount I checked the waters, it was some pokemon of course. But something tells me there was more to this than the girl was letting on...

I passed by a gate and Lana was already there somehow. She revealed to me that she was indeed a Trial Captain, and I walked right into her trial! I was to defeat whatever pokemon that was causing such a ruckus. I took the swim and inspected the raging waters...thunder rumbled and What was lurking was not just any pokemon, it was the Totem! And yikes what a Totem it was! Me and my pokemon took it and its underlings on. It actually wasn't easy...If it weren't for the help of my Brionne and the rest, I don't think I could have pulled through...We eventually wore it down and it lost its daunting power, which let me finish it off.

After the battle the storm calmed and Lana congratulated me for clearing the Trial(Even if she did take me for a ride...). She awarded me with another Z-Crystal, as well as the Z-Move to go with it. That makes 3! With that I returned to the pokemon Center to restore my crew back into shape. Now it's onward to Route 6 it seems...

Oh yeah, I might as well show my team while i'm at it:

Dizzy the Brionne Lv 24
Ballistia the Trumbeak Lv21
Meowth, not named Lv 19
Parisprite the Cutiefly Lv 21
D. Hoof Jack the Mudbray Lv 20
Flaredo the Growlithe Lv 20

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Today I:

-Defeated Ilima's trial and Hala's Grand Trial, making my way to Akala
-Defeated Lana's, Mallow's (that Totem Lurantis was hard), and Kiawe's trial, and Olivia's Grand Trial (took an Ash-Greninja, tho), making my way to the Aether Foundation
-Did stuff there, then made my way to Ula'ula
-Defeated Sophocles' Trials
-Now at Blush Mountain to catch a male Togedemaru for breeding purposes

As for Pokémon (or my permanent team members, at least):

-Evolved Blaze (Litten) into Toracat and then Incineroar
-Caught a yellow core Minior, named Hokulele
-Caught Wimpod, named it Beastly, evolved into Goliospod

So, current team:

Blaze the Incineroar
Beastly the Goliospod
A-Raichu
Hokulele the Minior
Snorlax

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I got my copy of Sun today. I chose Rowlet as my starter. I caught like 8 different Pokemon and trained up several of them so I could progress through the first part of the game with ease. There were a couple of times when I found it more difficult to battle wild Pokemon than it was to battle trainers. After over 4 hours, I'm finally in Hai'ole City or however you say it and I can't wait to go wild with the trainer customization feature.

iggy the skorupi

Day two journey:

Caught a bunch of new Pokemon and rotated them through with the main team stays. Got up to the final kahuna, but wasn't even able to get past the first of her team before my whole crew was taken out. I now officially hate alolan dugtrio.

Current team line up:
Lvl 49 Inceniroar
Level 47 Toucannon
Level 45 Charjabug
Level 45 Carbrawler
Level 42 Toxapex
Level 40 eggecutor

Considering replacing Toxapex with Araquaid to have a water type with actual water usuage. And eggecutor will likely be replaced as well. Now I just need an icy area and the electric stone to evolve my crab and bug.

Litleonid

Hau is rising up and he is going to wreck everyone soon. I was doing a Battle Royal against Hau, Edgelord Gladion, and Kukui Royal Mask. I was targeting Hau cause my Rockruff knew Rock Tomb but somehow it kept missing him. Somehow because my Rock Throw kept missing, Hau managed to take down Royal Mask's Rockruff and win. I couldn't believe it.

goodpeople25

So that explains why he took out one of my pokemon with Hydro vortex when I was partnered with him in a multi battle he was making his first strike against me, I thought it was just a tragetting glitch/oversight, most likely due to sparkling aria hitting all pokemon but the user and it hitting just me due to a clear field last turn.... But yeah this makes sense.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I completed the first trial. I defeated all of the Pokemon I had to fight in Verdant Cavern, which was easy for the most part except for the one Rattata that KOed my Pichu with Quick Attack surprise. Then, I fought the Totem Raticate. I was able to defeat it using only my Grimer.

Once the trial was done, I caught some Diglett in Verdant Cavern. The first one I caught had a minus Attack Nature, which I didn't want, so I had to catch a second one with a better Nature. I Wonder Traded the first one and got a Rattata in return. I've been using the second Diglett on my team.

After spending some time on Route 3 and in the Melemele Meadow, I returned to Iki Town to fight Hala. My Trumbeak took down Mankey and Makuhita no problem, but got destroyed by Crabrawler's Z-move. Fortunately, my Grimer finished Crabrawler off just fine. When the battle was over, I gained the ability to ride on Taurps and spent some time riding it to smash some rocks. I didn't get around to all of the rocks on the island, but I did make sure to visit Ten Carat Hill.

While training before and after the Grand Trial, I also got my Rowlet and Pichu to evolve.

Finally, I went to the marina in Hau'oli City and sailed over to Akala Island. Currently, I'm on Route 4.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
So I beat the main game not too long ago, proceeded to start postgame but got my arse handed to me on a silver-platter from
Anabel.
Like seriously, yeah she was a frontier brain but dang, talk about handing the smackdown. So now I'm on my way to the Battle Tree.

Last edited:

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Just finished my third trial and now it's off to go explore the newly opened area. I am dreading the kahuna of this island since my entire team is weak to rock types. This may be the first time I have to go catch some more pokemon just to help with one battle.

Team thus far:
Toracat (Firestorm)
Trumbeak (Talon)
Charjabug (Thor)
Salandit (Lilith)

Drummerdude

The third trial wasn't too bad because I found a TM for Rock Tomb nearby which I taught to Crabrawler. After receiving yet another Z Crystal I made my way through Route 8 where I caught a few new Pokemon and eventually got to the 4th Trial which I expected to be a pushover but man was it surprisingly tough. My strategy was to spam healing items until the Totem Lurantis ran out of Synthesis but freaking Castform just made everything more difficult. I did prevail and completed the 4th Trial! Next up was the surprisingly small Diglett's Tunnel before doing some more trivial tasks which led to me completing my second Grand Trial easily thanks to Crabrawler and Fomantis! This finally gave me the ability to access the Hano Grand Resort where I managed to capture my 5th Team Member, a Sandygast!

Curse how slow Alolan Pokemon are!!!!!

726.png
Lv27
737.png
Lv27
739.png
Lv27
753.png
Lv26
769.png
Lv22

jacensolo66

About to start the 4th island. My team is:
Incineroar lvl 48
Toucannon lvl 45
Charjabug lvl 49
Lycanroc(Midday) lvl 44
Crabrawler lvl 45
Tsareena(Nicknamed Bouncee from an in-game trade) lvl 49

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I have beat the 2nd trial and am currently trying to get a female Salandit before going on (such a horrible desicion they did with this one, so should've made Salandit female only too, because finding a decent nature one is difficult), I have caught 2 females so far, but they are Impish and Brave natures (also caught them in Heal balls :/). So I don't want to use them. I have decided to try using one of those females and male that I caught who is Mild natured and see if I can hatch one that is Mild and in a Heal Ball. At first I gave the female an Everstone, but they were in Great Balls and Impish so I switched it and have gotten a male Mild in Heal Ball, so I will be trying that way. Hopefully this doesn't take long. I did evolve a Fletchling to help with the hatching.

Current Team:
Brionne [Fearie] ♂ lv25 ((might rename))
Rockruff [Isaac] ♂ lv24
Mudbray [Spartan] ♂ lv23
Fomantis ((will be replaced)) ♀ lv22
Salandit [Fudanshi] ♀ lv15

EDIT: Haha Just got my female Mild natured in Heal ball! Now I have to train it from lv1. xD Going to hatch the other eggs I have and probably release all the males.
EDIT2: As I was training Fudanshi, I found a Shiny Cutiefly! o.o First shiny in the game! It is a male Jolly nature (horrible nature I'm sure) and my sister named it Momo.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I m currently just over 26 hours into my Sun game now. I have finished the main game, and I am now doing various postgame things.

I have caught two of the Tapu's (Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele). I bred a modest Abra to use as a synchronize user. Modest synchronize worked for Tapu Lele. It has 31 IV's in HP, Defense, and Special Attack. I plan on collecting bottle caps for its Special Defense and Speed alongside EV training it.
I have not done every postgame thing yet, but I have done many of them. I have not received Type: Null yet (I am planning on SR'ing a shiny one or two between my Sun and Moon versions, but I am not sure if I will do it on my Sun yet though).
I have unlocked the IV judge thing as readers can tell. I hatched mostly Abra eggs to unlock it. (I also have a synchronize Adamant Abra for other Pokémon encounters.)
I am about to challenge the Pokémon League for the rematch. My team is now between levels 64-67. I also got Pokerus. Forgot to mention that.
I have the Oval Charm, but not the Shiny Charm yet.

Apart from all of this, I am not sure what I will do next. I might go for the Shiny Charm and then do some MM'ing, but I do not know. (I am hatching eggs on the routes next to/including the nursery route for the moment.)

Last edited:

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Loving it now, really got into the swing of things. Just beat the fire trial, my team right now is
Charjabug 23
Dartrix 29
Crabwrawler 25
Cutiefly 24
Meowth (for pickup) 23
Bouncee 24 (training on side for pokedex)
probably going to add that GNARLY FIRE POISON TYPE LIZARD SO HYPED FOR THAT.
Also I hope those electric and ice rocks are relatively soon, I don't want to have level 50 first evolutions with one being bug type...
I'm currently going back and exploring melemele now that I have lapras and stuff!