• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- Even tho Olivia wasn't at her jewelry shop in Konikoni city, I looked around and purchased some evolutionary stones. I also bought a few herbs and Incenses at other shops. ^^
- I didn't have enough cash on hand to buy Tms, but I did get my hands on a Cover Fossil. I then received the Pikanium Z crystal at the Lighthouse Point to the north of the city. :]
-So now I left Konikoni city and I had to pass through Memorial Hill to reach Olivia for the Grand Trial battle. I then saw Team Skull guys and members of the Aether Foundation.

Kevin24

Event Collector
just hatched shiny turtonator in moon in 158 eggs with shiny charm using jp ditto and eng turtonator

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I rose my Festival Plaza rank to 242. I have, with the exception of the Ultra Beasts quest, have finished my Pokedex. I will have my own Shiny Charm in 24-48 hours. I learned how to EV train properly.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Didn't have as much time to play today as I'd hoped. After checking Poke Pelago, I went to the nursery and got some Castform eggs. I hatched them, then linked up with my Moon on my other 3DS to do some trading. I traded over a few of the Castform I hatched along with some of the Wonder Trade Pokemon I didn't need in exchange for some Pokemon I needed for my Sun's Pokedex, including Lunala, Rowlet, and Litten. Also, I traded over my Moon's Tapu Koko (going to EV train it and try it in the Battle Tree in the future) and a Ditto (with a Jolly Nature).
I traded over some useful items, too, such as my Lucky Egg and remaining Apricorn Balls.

Then, I used Wonder Trade again and traded away a couple of Castform. I got a Spearow (which I released) and a bred Sandshrew that I might actually use for breeding one day.

Guess I'll do the league tomorrow.

Lizzard

Master Wannabe
After a REALLY REALLY long breeding process, I've got all Eeveelutions in Love Balls with Outstanding and Best on at least 5 stats with only Jolteon and Flareon being males and all the rest females:

Sparkster, the Jolteon ♂
Pyro, the Flareon ♂
Lily, the Vaporeon ♀
Blossom, the Leafeon ♀
Maleficent, the Umbreon ♀
Sabrina, the Espeon ♀
Breeze, the Glaceon ♀
Navi, the Sylveon ♀

Later I post the pictures!

Kalosian

So long
Continued on the Pokedex. Had to do a bit of breeding for the Poni Dex to start with. Did so and it added the following to the Dex: Snubbull, Shellos and Carvanha. Then I moved on to the regular evolutions. There weren't many this time around, just these: Wailord, Dragonair, Dragonite and Lucario. Extremely few compared to the past dexes, though it isn't strange since a very large part of the Poni Dex overlaps with the other three, which I have already completed the majority of. Then I did the stone evolutions as well... or stone evolution, since it was just one. I used a Dusk Stone to evolve my Murkrow into Honchkrow.

With that, I was done with the Poni Dex as well. Just missing the Sun exclusives, Trade evolutions and Tapu, like with the previous four dexes. I am mostly done with everything I had planned to do for the dex on the whole for now as well. Still going to get a few more Pokemon in the near future, they will be Cosmog, Cosmoem and Silvally. Maybe others too. I'll also get around to catching the remaining legendaries at some point in the relatively near future as well.

But for now, I'll continue with a few other things. I really want Bank to get Gen 7 support so I can send over some Pokemon I will need from Gen 6, but I guess it will have to wait for a little longer. I have some small things to do, will start on them next. Went to Festival Plaza and connected to the internet, got 434 FC for participating in the global mission that failed. Which I don't really mind as I like getting any FC at all. While it isn't as many as it could have been, it is still great. I managed to get my Festival Plaza to somewhere above rank 30, so that's great.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- A member of the Aether Foundation named Faba didn't want to fight the Team Skull grunt at Memorial Hill, so I did the honors hee hee. I defeated his Raticate and spoke with Faba.
- Faba asked me to visit the Hano Grand Resort to collect a reward for coming to his rescue and next I picked up an Adrenaline Orb and a Cleanse Tag and also caught a Phantump.
- I continued walking among the graves and now I was at the Akala Outskirts area. I confronted Team Skull Admin Plumeria as well and caught a Gumshoos and Nosepass nearby. :]

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I did the Ultra Beasts quest and got a bunch of spare Ultra Beasts in my PC now. I got a Cosmog, evolved it up into Solgaleo and traded with my relative to get the Dex entry for Lunala. I finished my Pokedex and got me a Shiny Charm. Throughout this last part of my endeavor, I had my character sporting an outfit that although she was not too comfortable wearing, it actually kinda suit her.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Second proper play. I have managed to complete the first trial. Most difficult time was trying to get the Tangling Hair Diglett, because of its movesets and ability. I'm probably going to drop my Alola Meowth and Munchlax soon, or at least Munchlax because Alola Grimer does the tank job better

I'm going to try Island Scan tomorrow. FYI, where on the interwebs can I go for Island Stand QR Codes?

Toying with the idea of having a Johto QR code starter as a team member or not

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I traded a Male Cleffa I hatched with Metronome and Aromatherapy and got a female Dratini inside a Beast Ball

Blasting Toise

I started sun a while ago and now I have finished first island almost- found 1 percent Bagon at route 3 and managed to catch it with full hp and without status to ordinary poke ball. I also found shiny Grubbin after chaining them in sos-battle for hour and half.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I went to the Pokemon League and battled the Elite Four. Overall, the battles weren't that difficult for me. The easiest were Hala and Kahili as I was able to sweep their teams using Ribombee and Ninetales respectively. The Kukui battle was probably the hardest, but it still wasn't that bad. The only really difficult thing about that battle was when he switched out Magnezone while against my Palossand and brought in Decidueye, which was a little annoying as I didn't really have a good switch-in at the time.

After clearing the league, I watched all the remaining cutscenes and credits. I also did the Tapu Koko battle with the intention of catching it since I fainted it during this fight on Moon, but my Primarina ended up OHKOing it lol.
Once all of the post-League scenes were done, I decided to spend some time evolving Pokemon for my dex. I did some training at the Battle Buffet and was able to evolve things such as Rattata, Makuhita, and Diglett.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I picked up the Leech Life Tm as well next and then I prepared to face off against Kahuna Olivia. I decided not to use Torracat against her cuz I knew that Olivia used rock types.
- I used Mareanie and Bewear to knock out Olivia's Nosepass, Lycanroc and Boldore and when I won, Olivia gave me the Rockium Z ha ha. I then went to find the Hano Grand Resort.
- When I was finally at the Hano Grand Resort, area Faba explained about the Aether Foundation's artificial island in the sea and he took Hau and me to the Aether Paradise next. :3

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm currently hatching for a shiny Litten. I'm hoping the shiny charm gives me some good luck. So far I'm only at 30 eggs. I'm also going to start doing the Battle Tree.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I looked for some of the Zygarde cells today. I was playing during the daytime and wanted to find as many of the day-only cells as possible, since I've mostly been playing my game at night. Thanks to the guide I was using, I found most of the daytime cells. The only ones I didn't get were the ones found in the areas of Poni Island I haven't explored yet, so I'll get them some other time.

After that, I worked on evolving some more Pokemon. I did some more training at the Battle Buffet, plus fought Faba at Aether Paradise and Dexio at Ancient Poni Path, which allowed me to evolve Pokemon such as Yungoos, Spearow, and Golbat. At Vast Poni Canyon, I levelled up and evolved Magneton, Charjabug, and Nosepass. Finally, I evolved my Rowlet and Litten all the way, so I've now registered all of the Alola starters and their evolutions in my Pokedex.
My dex is at 136 owned iirc.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Used the Island Scan for the first time, getting Klink. I beat the first Trial Kahuna, which was pretty hard.

I had my first evolution with Pichu finally evolving. I've been very careful to make sure my friendship evolution Pokemon don't end up fainting. It should only be a matter of time until Munchlax and Meowth evolve. My planned team will be Decidueye, Raichu, Snorlax, Muk, Araquanid and Minior. Admittedly the latter two are in limbo, since I plan to get Pokemon Moon. But no matter what I have at least two Alola Pokemon on my team

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I'm about to enter the Pokemon League in Sun. But decided to get an early start in Moon. Ended up going with Popolio. Ended up being Male of course, but with an Adamant nature. Then my first caught was a Pikapek also with an Adamant nature! Lol. Ending up with 2 Pokes already with that nature seemed kinda odd to me, but it being such a Popular nature with many I'll try and make it work with Popolio but definitely gonna use it with Pika

Kalosian

So long
I have done a few more things during the past days. I brought my Lunala with me to the Altar of the Moone and went to the Alternate World. There, I made my way to the Lake of the Moone and obtained a Cosmog. I'm going to train up this little cutie into another Lunala in the future. The idea of having an Alternate World is cool, though it would have been even better if it had been more different compared to the regular world. I'm not sure if I'll ever use it again, but we'll see.

Went back to the regular world and did some other things. Caught a Honedge using Island Scan, planning to breed it in order to get an Aegislash later on. I also made sure I had obtained all TMs, went around to various Poke Marts and bought the ones I didn't have yet. Then I found the Charge Beam TM on Route 5, I had missed it when I initially explored that area. Now I have all TMs on this game, good to have that done. Afterwards, I sorted my leftover Synchronize Abra in two boxes, one box for the useful and one box for the completely useless.

Then I did one more thing. Put together my in-game team for the possibly last time and went to the top of Mount Lanakila to challenge the E4 once more as well as see which challenger I would get to meet. I beat the Elite Four without major problems, though Kahili took a little longer than expected since I don't have many good moves against Flying-type Pokemon. I managed to win against all four and got to face a challenger. It turned out to be Hau. Which is good, I like this guy. Beat him with ease as well. Then I got to watch the credits and see all the photos again... wait, what? No credits? They are a first-time thing only this time around? This was rather unexpected. But I don't mind, now I might actually rechallenge the Elite Four more times since I won't have to watch the credits afterwards every time, which in past games have been the one thing that have prevented me from rechallenging the Elite Four more times than necessary.

That's all for now. Next up, I need to get started on training some Pokemon for a specific purpose. Or several purposes, but we'll get to that. I really don't want to do this, but I have no other choice. The other choice would be to wait until Bank gets updated, but I'm too impatient. So I'll have to look up some info regarding the Pokemon I'm going to train, then do the actual training and use them for what I have planned. I have started with the planning already, will get started on the actual training tomorrow at the earliest.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Today in Sun, I went all around Alola catching Pokémon which I hadn't caught during my trial challenges. I also fought a few Trainers which I didn't battle, like the Trainers down the Mount Hokulani path and the lower part of the Vast Poni Canyon. It was very hard for me to catch Beldum on Mount Hokulani, since all they know is Take Down, which will eventually lead them to run out of PP and use Struggle, taking themselves out. After much trying, however, I managed to catch one in a Timer Ball, and I named him Fusilier (since Metang and Metagross are fusions of two or more Beldum). I checked up on Poké Pelago to find a wild Spearow and Trevenant visiting Isle Abeens, collected many Poké Beans from the beanstalk, and harvested all the berries on Isle Aplenny, planting some more in their wake.