• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i did complete my dex to 98% recently but only got a few legendary and pseudo legends to log on my game. i did hit lvl 100 in my festival plaza yesterday and have since bumped it up to 107. i should probably go and compete the dex as im still looking for a shiny talonflame line for egg hatching purposes.

Kalosian

So long
I got started on my next project. Which is to train 3 Pokemon. Nihilego, Pheromosa and Celesteela. I'm going to start with EV-training them. My plan is to use them in the Battle Tree and maybe the Royal Battle Dome to win enough BP so I can buy the six Power Items and a Destiny Knot, which will ease up all future EV-training and breeding on this game. As of now, I have gotten started on the EV-training. I had originally not planned to use vitamins but I quickly realized that I had to, it would take forever otherwise. Now it will not take forever, but almost. I had hoped to be done with it this weekend, but I won't be able to make it.

So far, I have EV-trained Nihilego and started on Pheromosa. It is really going slowly, I'm missing Super Training and Hordes, SOS chains feel a lot less efficient. Thankfully I won't have to put up with this anymore once I have the Power Items, then everything will be going fast again. Looking forward to it. I suppose I can live with a bit of pain since it will be the only time I do it this way on this generation. Anyway, I have done slightly more than 1/3 of the EV-training so far, I'm hoping to be done with all of it at some point early next week.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I got started on my next project. Which is to train 3 Pokemon. Nihilego, Pheromosa and Celesteela. I'm going to start with EV-training them. My plan is to use them in the Battle Tree and maybe the Royal Battle Dome to win enough BP so I can buy the six Power Items and a Destiny Knot, which will ease up all future EV-training and breeding on this game. As of now, I have gotten started on the EV-training. I had originally not planned to use vitamins but I quickly realized that I had to, it would take forever otherwise. Now it will not take forever, but almost. I had hoped to be done with it this weekend, but I won't be able to make it.

So far, I have EV-trained Nihilego and started on Pheromosa. It is really going slowly, I'm missing Super Training and Hordes, SOS chains feel a lot less efficient. Thankfully I won't have to put up with this anymore once I have the Power Items, then everything will be going fast again. Looking forward to it. I suppose I can live with a bit of pain since it will be the only time I do it this way on this generation. Anyway, I have done slightly more than 1/3 of the EV-training so far, I'm hoping to be done with all of it at some point early next week.

You can get the sufficient BP to get the first two or three Power Items needed through your in-game team (provided you weren't doing the start-only run). Then, you can EV train something and substitute a Pokémon with that one to get more Power Items needed. You don't really need to do the slow grind of Powerless EV-training, especially as Master Rank Battle Royal CAN be won with in-game Pokémon, which I've done repeatedly.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally got through the Aether Foundation and am now working on training up a team for Poni Canyon. Got my Master Ball from Gladion. The funny thing? I thought that Lusamine was Lillie from the future for almost the entire game! :p Might train a bit in Sun Version tonight though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So now that I had set foot in Malie city, the first thing that I did was battle against Hau cuz he challenged me again ha ha. His Alolan Raichu was tough, but I managed to win. :D
- I was told to visit Kukui at the Malie Garden, but first to visited the Pokemon Center to heal my team and purchase supplies. I then went to the garden and got a Rage Candy Bar. :]
- I explored the area further and battled trainers, found a Zygarde Cell and caught a Araquanid and a Meowth. I found Kukui soon and he wanted me to go to Route 10. I also saw Lillie.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Beat 30+ Bagons in a row in an attempt to see a Shelgon (or Sala), only to have a rogue Ember burn my Synchronizing Kadabra and pass a burn onto a 1 HP 31 chained Bagon male, knocking it out. -_-'

If I haven't expressed my disdain for the SOS Battle scheme enough on Serebii.net, I'll do so yet again. It's just not a good archetype for catching the Pokémon we want. It has taken a fairly straightforward way of getting things that we want, and sent it back to the stone age. It's also infuriatingly time consuming. Pokémon Stars cannot get here soon enough.

So I'm trying to do some breeding in Sun in preparation for Bank, and while the past couple weeks have gone alright, yesterday after putting in 2 Venipede - a 5 IV female and 4 IV male, I hatched five eggs, then saved and hatched five more. And after four tries, they were all the same gender, IVs, abilities, everything. I even tried taking them out and swapping the items, but they were still the same hatches.

I don't know what's going on, but I do remember a video on how if you did a bunch of breeding and hatched 30 eggs at once, the same number egg is guaranteed to be shiny, so maybe that's it. (I think it's this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnKq0_sSSAY) If that's not it then I seriously hope my game isn't glitched.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
So I'm trying to do some breeding in Sun in preparation for Bank, and while the past couple weeks have gone alright, yesterday after putting in 2 Venipede - a 5 IV female and 4 IV male, I hatched five eggs, then saved and hatched five more. And after four tries, they were all the same gender, IVs, abilities, everything. I even tried taking them out and swapping the items, but they were still the same hatches.

I don't know what's going on, but I do remember a video on how if you did a bunch of breeding and hatched 30 eggs at once, the same number egg is guaranteed to be shiny, so maybe that's it. (I think it's this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnKq0_sSSAY) If that's not it then I seriously hope my game isn't glitched.

Yeah, this is it. The RNG is kinda busted and it always comes up with the same offspring if you reset the game. Though I thought that it only happens if you're breeding foreign parents and you have the Shiny Charm and Destiny Knot? Not sure what your circumstances were, maybe you only need that stuff to transfer shinyness.

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
There's got to be some randomizer override they scripted in. I noticed this a couple of days ago soft resetting for different stones in Poké Pelago's Isle Aphun. First time I got 3 Ice Stones, a Fire Stone and the three other poopier ones, and then when I soft reset I received 1 Ice Stone, 1 Fire Stone, 1 Sun Stone, and two poopy ones. Each time I soft reset after that I got the same outcome. So they changed the RNG somehow, perhaps to prevent abuse? These games seriously need some patch work.

Yeah, this is it. The RNG is kinda busted and it always comes up with the same offspring if you reset the game. Though I thought that it only happens if you're breeding foreign parents and you have the Shiny Charm and Destiny Knot? Not sure what your circumstances were, maybe you only need that stuff to transfer shinyness.
So it's not just me then? Well, if I didn't say, I do have the Shiny Charm, and I was breeding two Venipede, which were both:
- Adamant nature
- In Beast Balls
- Bred in my American copy of Sun.
One was female with 5 IVs holding the Everstone, and the other was a 4 IV male (missing the Attack) and holding the Destiny Knot. As I said, I even tried swapping the items but got the same results. I haven't seemed to notice this until recently, because I remember resetting for Bagon and that one was working fine. Either that or I would get them without saving and resetting and I didn't remember it at all.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got my shiny charm today and put it to good use. i got a shiny lonely natured Fletchling after 77 SOS encounters and named it "Leekspin" after my gen6 Farfetch'd. i got 4 perfect IVs and the other 2 were 2 pretty good on the fletchling. still very happy with the stats, its going to be my go to pkmn for hatching eggs. just busy EV training it now after a quick EV boost from the festival plaza stalls. i pretty sure i missed out an a regular HA fletchling but that was a lucky bonus id the shiny did have it.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
You can get the sufficient BP to get the first two or three Power Items needed through your in-game team (provided you weren't doing the start-only run). Then, you can EV train something and substitute a Pokémon with that one to get more Power Items needed. You don't really need to do the slow grind of Powerless EV-training, especially as Master Rank Battle Royal CAN be won with in-game Pokémon, which I've done repeatedly.
I know, but based on my experiences from previous generations, trying to win at Battle Facilities without properly EV-trained Pokemon is way too slow and luck-based for my tastes. It can be done, I have done it myself a few times, but I just have no intention of doing it again. So I'm continuing with the EV-training without Power Items and Pokerus, I think a bit of pain like this once in a great while is healthy. Plus, once I'm done with it now, I won't have to do it again.

---

So I have continued with my slow EV-training. It is going forward, albeit slowly. Very slowly. Completed the EV-training for Pheromosa earlier today. Now I just have Celesteela left, it needs the most vitamins so it should hopefully go rather fast. Going to start on it later today.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So I spoke with Lillie and explored more of Malie city and talked with Samson Oak as well, who advised me to visit the local library. Once inside, I received the Fly Tm and saw Lillie.
- Lillie wanted to do some research on Nebby and someone named Acerola had the book that she needed to read. Next I went out to Route 10 cuz I needed to reach Mount Hokulani.
- I walked through Route 10 as fast as I could, however I had to find some lady's missing Stuffuls ha ha. Next I spared some time to catch wild pokemon nearby including a Fearow. ^^

pokeskull91

ive going around the second island slowly i beat sun so fast that i wanted to take moon slow my favorite Pokemon on my team is rattacate her name is sammy short Samantha i can.t believe i was about ten when i got blue for game boy color man how time fly's im 25 ive played all the games through out the series and this is the one the best my favorite pokemon out all the generation is garchomp hes power house or was

Kalosian

So long
Continued with EV-training my Celesteela, and completed it as well. It didn't take that long, fortunately. Though EV-training it in Defense was a bit hard, I might have to find a new spot for that later on. Anyway, all members of my team are now EV-trained, so they are almost ready for their serious battles. Before I start, I'm going to train them so they all gain at least 2 levels each. This is mostly necessary for Celesteela as it needs to learn Heavy Slam. While I could use the move relearner, I don't feel like it. So I'm going to train them all a little, then they will be ready.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Over the weekend, I tried the Battle Tree on Sun. I brought along my Ribombee, Kommo-o, and Ninetales. Compared to Moon, I had an easier time with the battles since my Sun team is EV trained. Of course, I wasn't expecting to get too far right now as my Sun team isn't too balanced, what with 3 Fairies and 2 Dragon and all. My Ribombee-Kommo-o-Ninetales lineup was able to reach the tenth trainer before losing.
Can't wait until Bank comes and I can send over some more Pokemon to use in the Tree.

Aside from that, I've just been using Pelago and collecting berries throughout the region.

Kevin24

Event Collector
earlier this morning i found a shiny dragonair at 2 sos and it had the 5% dragon scale. little while ago shiny elekid in 188 sos

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- As I continued walking through Route 10, I saw a couple of Team Skull dimwits messing around at the bus stop at the end of the route. I quickly beat a Skull grunt's Golbat ha ha.
- I soon took the Exeggutor Express bus and arrived at the top of Mount Hokulani where I spoke with professor Kukui again. He also pointed out Mount Lanakila in the distance. ^^
- After Kukui explained his Pokemon League plan, I visited the Hokulani Observatory and met a man named Molayne. I battled him and when I won, he gave me the Steelium Z crystal. :3