• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

nel3

Crimson Dragon
spent nearly half my time ingame in getting FC in the plaza, been spending FCs like crazy on moon exclusive clothes. thankfully most of the items have been purchased but the remaining ones a bit expensive to buy. i also put some usable moves on my flame body shiny talonflame so i could so some battles with it.

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
This story isn't really recent when it first started but it gets more recent as it goes on.

About a month ago, I was going to resolution cave because I wanted to explore the rest of it and see what else I could find. (I thought it was interesting at the time. Maybe there might be something else there besides that random UB.) I went in and my very first encounter was a SHINY GOLBAT! Cant even remember the first time I got a shiny, if I ever got one besides the shiny Gyarados which doesn't count. I rubbed it in my best friends face for a good 5 minutes and went about my business. A few weeks later, I wanted to capture some jigglypuff for my dex so I went Igglybuff hunting and found some Eevee along the way. I thought, "A pretty good opportunity to find some good IV'd Eevee considering how rare they are". So I starting farming them and around the 20th Sos, SHINY EEVEE! What amazing luck I've been having. :D I proceeded to rub it in my best friends face again before going about my business. 3 days later...... SHINY MAGNEMITE! while I was looking for extra Magnemite for my box. Suddenly 3 shinies in the span of a month when before this happened, I'm pretty sure I've never had a shiny that didn't count. And yes, I did rub the Magnemite in my best friends face too.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Lost to Sinnoh Champion Cynthia at the Battle Tree super doubles on the 20th battle, it was a very close fight. I saved the battle video at 8P6G-WWWW-WWW4-MMG7 if you want to watch it, I think it was quite a cool battle even though I lost due to bad luck with confusion and being surprised by Spiritomb's Shadow Sneak as I tried to go for the kill with Hydro Pump (I'm pretty sure it would've OHKO'd)

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Yesterday in Sun, after catching a few more Pokémon I didn't catch during my trial challenges (mainly around Brooklet Hill), I started on the Ultra Beast missions with Looker. I fought against Anabel first, then set out in search of Nihilego at both the Wela Volcano Park and Diglett's Tunnel, eventually catching her with just one Beast Ball. We moved over to Melemele Island, where I met up once again with Mina and battled her Fairy-type team using my Lurantis (Fernie) and Toucannon (Thessalon). I went out to Melemele Meadow to find Buzzwole, who was very difficult to catch since there were two of them, their Defense was very high, and every time they knocked out one of my Pokémon (which was a lot), their Attack would increase, killing everything in one hit. I eventually managed to catch both of the Buzzwoles, trading one of them away in a Wonder Trade, where I received a Swinub. I decided to clone him at the Pokémon Nursery at the Paniola Ranch with my Ditto, hatching one of my own.

Along Route 7, I came across a beach which I hadn't noticed before while riding on Lapras. Since all my Pokémon were way higher-levelled than the Trainers there, they made easy work out of them. I found a few hidden items with Stoutland, including some Pearls and the TM for Thunder Wave, which my Alolan Raichu already knows. My next mission is to find Xurkitree out in Lush Jungle and on Memorial Hill.

Last edited:

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
....... so I'm just training my pokemon to complete my dex as usual and I decide that I want to go to bed. I decide to look through my list one last time and see that dang Vullaby that I need to train another 30 levels. (Side note: I had to train this and a Vannilish to evolve and they both evolve in the high 50s (future edit: Vanillish evolves at level 47. I was both surprised and elated that it evolved when it did :D). I never really realized or I did and just didn't think to much about it but Unova has really asinine evolution levels -_-) I decide that I want to find a Mandibuzz over GTS which I proceed to do. After I get it, I check the thing. Everything's all cool so I put it in its spot, I glance at my Kommo-o that I use for training and POKERUS! THIS GAME LOVES ME!

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
I trained the three members of my team until they had all grown by at least 2 levels. Celesteela learned Heavy Slam at level 67, completing its moveset. With that, the team was ready. I flew to the Battle Tree, gave them their hold items and started battling. Continued from the 3 battles at the Single line I had won with members from my in-game team. There weren't any major problems along the way, though I got into a somewhat scary situation against a Wishiwashi. I made it through all 19 regular battles and at the 20th battle, I got to battle Red. I beat him without problems. With that, I had unlocked the Super Single Line. I also got the Kanto starter Mega Stones from Red afterwards. I also flew to the Battle Royal and bought a Destiny Knot for the BP I had won. I still need more BP for the Power Items, so I'll continue with the Super Single Line next. Not expecting it to go very well, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Flamer

Been spending some time in the Festival Plaza, saving up FC and levelling up. Managed to get one of each of the EV training houses. Trying to get my plaza to level 30 now so I can get access to the premium services. Currently at level 22. The FC from the failed Global Mission helped, although its a big shame we didn't do better with that. How I would have loved 4,000 odd FC...

Anyway, after getting a bit bored I decided to head over to Poni Island and make my way to the Battle Tree. Don't intend on challenging it yet, but wanted to take on the trainers in the routes leading up to it before becoming two over-leveled. Dropped Torracat off at my house first and picked up Mimkuyi. East Poni is not place for a not-fully evolved Pokemon, and Torracat never was much of a fan of battling.

On my way to the Battle Tree I bumped into the two Kalos trainers again. Battled the male one, and afterwards they gave me a Mega Ring and an Alakazmite. Continued on through Poni Plains and up Poni Gauntlet, catching a bunch of Pokemon as I went. Battled all the trainers in Poni Gauntlet and then took on Mina, before heading to the Battle Tree entrance, where I found none other than Blue and a hilariously silent Red. Blue gave me the option of battling either himself or Red. I went with Red, much to Blue's disappointment.

Red led with his lv70 Pikachu, which initially had me very worried, (all my team was mid-60s). Luckily it turns out only his Pikachu was that high levelled, the rest were around my mark, which led to an immensely enjoyable battle. Really glad I came to the Battle Tree when I did. Came down to 1 Pokemon each, Nebby against his Lapras. Nebby finished it off with a Sunsteel Strike, suitably epic finale to a epic match.

Having gotten a taste of great in-game battles again, (and being slightly short on cash), I decided to head back to the Pokemon League and take on my first challenger. Caught an Absol on the way up in addition to a few other Pokemon, and found the Ice type Z Crystal. Before getting back to my Champion's Chambers I had to get through the Elite 4 again. They'd all levelled up and improved their teams, making for some enjoyable battles, although there was still a couple of white-washed. Heb, (and Winter) made pretty quick work of Hala and that golf girl.

Once back on my throne I was challenged by Hau, which seemed very appropriate for my first official battle as Champion. Felt really cool to be the actual Champion and fend off another characters attempts to de-throne you. The battle itself was kinda of one sided, but the whole atmosphere and back story made it incredibly enjoyable. Although not for Hau. He seemed pretty crushed by this latest defeat at my hands. Actually felt pretty sorry for him.

Having done a lot of in-game stuff, I then decided to turn my attentions back to laying the groundwork for building a competitive team(s). Went up to the Observatory and SOS chained for a Ditto with some supposedly nice IVs. Not sure what yet, (haven't hatched enough eggs to unlock the EV checker thing) but the chain was over 30, so if the chaining guides are right that should give me a few perfect ones. If not I'll be disappointed, cause its a lot of effort chaining Ditto.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So now that I had beaten Sophocles' relative Molayne and his steel types, I went and healed my team fast and then I entered the Hokulani Observatory and saw odd instruments.
- I saw Sophocles and he apparently had a device to summon Totem pokemon, but instead it just locked us inside the building and shut off the power. I then had to start the trial. :]
- I had to answer a variety of questions next while battling some Charjabugs, then Totem Vikavolt showed up ha ha. I beat it as well as its allies and was given the Electrium Z. ^^

ebevan91

Fired up my game last night for the first time in a while. I forgot I never captured 2 of the Tapus so I went to go do that. I'm capturing them all in regular Pokeballs. Tapu Koko and Lele were easy. Captured Koko with the first Pokeball I threw at it. Tapu Lele didn't take long. Tapu Fini was by far the hardest one so far. Tapu Bulu shouldn't be that hard.

Next I'll probably work on my living dex for the new Pokemon so I can just transfer over my living dex from 6th gen. I pretty much have at least one of each new species so all I gotta do is either breed or evolve. After that I'm gonna EV train some of my legendaries.

Last edited:

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
I haven't done anything recently but once my semester is over (after school tomorrow), I will be back to shiny hunting and I'm going to start EV training some Pokemon I've bred. Any suggestions on who I should hunt for?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I did a little training at the Battle Buffet. I was able to get my entire team to level 70 or above. While training, I also levelled up and evolved a few Pokemon for the Alola dex, namely Fomantis, Stufful, and Goldeen.

Aside from that, I haven't had the time to do too much else. I've just been doing simple things like collecting berries around the region and using Poke Pelago. I upgraded a couple of my isles the other day and have been growing a ton of berries and getting evolution stones.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Yesterday in Sun, I got on to completing the other half of the Ultra Beast missions, searching for Xurkitree in Lush Jungle and on Memorial Hill. As with Buzzwole, I had to catch two of them, and their Discharges did considerable damage due to high Special Attack and Electric Terrain. We moved over to Ula'ula Island, and I went to Malie Garden, where I found four of Kartana. They were relatively easy to catch compared to the other Ultra Beasts I'd caught up to that point. My final mission was on Poni Island, where I ventured deep into Resolution Cave to find Guzzlord, but not before having another Island Kahuna battle with Nanu at the Seafolk Village restaurant. Guzzlord was quite a beast (see what I did there?) to catch, but luckily there was only one of them this time.

After catching all the UBs, I flew to Aether Paradise to talk to Wicke about my mission, and said goodbye to Looker and Anabel, with Looker giving me a huge amount of Pokédollars as his way of saying thanks. I went up to the Conservation Area, where I met up with Gladion once again and received Type: Null, along with all 18 Type Memories should I ever want to evolve him into a Silvally. (Which I might do to fill up my Alola Dex.)

I flew out back to Malie City again, taking on the Nugget Bridge challenge and receiving a Big Nugget, which I sold for quite a big amount of money, and fought more Trainers which I hadn't battled. I brought my Solgaleo out of the PC and travelled to the Altar of the Sunne to enter the Alternate World, which was in morning thanks to it emulating Moon. Flying to the Lake of the Sunne on Ula'ula Island, I put Solgaleo out on the altar, where I caught a brief glimpse of Lunala and received my very own Cosmog, just like Lillie's.

Today, I just went out to Poni Island to catch a couple of Pokémon I hadn't caught, namely Sharpedo and Emolga. I checked up on Poké Pelago too, collecting the daily Poké Bean and Berry harvest, checking the wild Pokémon visiting the isles, and building another isle.

Kalosian

So long
Started battling at the Super Single line. I managed to make it to 18 wins in a row on my first try. I lost against a Barbaracle of all things, the combination of Shell Smash and Double Team destroyed my team. I did get a bit of BP at least, so that was good, though I still need more. The trainer I got to face in the 10th battle was Wally. I got to hear his epic battle theme again which was amazing. He was quite hard to beat but I managed to pull through despite having a huge disadvantage.

After losing, I started a new streak and managed to win 10 battles once more. This time, I got to face Cynthia in the 10th battle. She was easier to beat than Wally. I decided to "scout" her afterwards, it cost a bit of BP but it doesn't matter, I wanted to try it and see what it does. It appears that scouted trainers can be used as partners in Multi Battles, so that's cool I guess. But I will wait with that for a while. Going to continue on this streak and see if I can get any further than last time.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started off with getting a Spearow from Poke Pelago. Also caught a Phantump in Memorial Hill. Along the way, Plushy evolved against the Team Skull grunt. Caught a Magikarp named T.Brady for a wondertrade. Recieved a Drampa in return from a location i dont recognize. Headed back to Konikoni so i could upgrade Poke Pelago. Got Abeens to Rank 3 and built Aphun. Didnt touch Aplenny, since i dont use many Berrys. Anyway, i eventually made it to Akala Outskirts and the Plumeria fight. Golbat caused trouble with my team, but Salandit was easy. Olivia's fight was a cakewalk. Plushy punched everything to pieces. Lycanroc didnt even get to use it's Z-move. Did some trainer customization in Konikoni as a reward before flying over to Hano Grand Resort. Got the 20k for Pyukumuku tossing before the trip to Aether Paradise. After a ton of talking and a visit from Nihilego it was off to Malie City. The battle with Hau was unexpected, but i managed to beat him just the same.

Team
Archer - Dartrix lvl 29
Rainbow - Grimer lvl 28
Jupiter - Araquanid lvl 29
Plushy - Bewear lvl 28

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Won a link battle with a random guy at Festival Plaza, singles, no rules, 6 on 6. Managed to beat him within 21 turns while only taking a single attack. I was immune to all of his other attacks and everything else was switching. Lost no pokémon at all in that fight. And his team wasn't even much worse than mine, but he was terrible at predicting my switches. It was too easy to switch in stuff like Lanturn into his Thunderbolt Silvally and Gyarados and Pelipper into his Mudsdale's Earthquake.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Continued battling at the Battle Tree. This time, I managed to reach 20 battles in a row, got to battle Wally again at the 20th battle. I beat him, but it was even harder than last time, I was very close to losing. Afterwards, I made it to battle #30 before losing. I got to face Guzma in that battle. I would likely have won if I had attacked his Liepard directly instead of using Protect, but now I didn't and lost instead. But since I beat him so many times during the main story, I feel that he deserved this victory so I'm not angry at all.

So my streak ended at 29 battles. But I had obtained enough BP to purchase all the Power Items. Flew to the Battle Royal and did just that. Now all future EV-training should be much easier and less painful. While there, I also decided to try a few Battle Royals to see what they were like. I found them quite difficult, but I eventually understood how you were supposed to do in order to win. Managed to beat both the Normal and Super Ranks after a few tries, will try and win at the other ranks at some point in the future as well but I felt that this was enough for now. Next up, I'm not sure what I'm going to do in this game. The majority of my planned future projects can't be done until Bank has updated so I can send over Pokemon from previous generations. Though some of them can be done, but I'd prefer to wait for the Bank update. I can't find an official source for this, but several fan sites have said that the update is going to happen at some point this month. Well, there are 10 days left so we'll see, I hope it happens soon. I need to come up with something to do in the meantime either way. I have a few ideas but I'm not sure what I'll do, will have to see.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Got a decent 31/31/xx/27/xx/31 Solgaleo two days ago (Golden Bottle Cap makes the defenses irrelevant). Not going to name it Nebby.

...Okay, that might change one day. It's in a Premier Ball. Fingers crossed and holding out for one of those Celesteelas Smogon's doling out this morning. That's one odd b**** I cannot get/wouldn't want to SR for; again I Praise the Sunne.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
The last week or so has been spent collecting pokemon, and 10 minutes ago, I just completed the Alola dex (bit disappointed with the little achievement you get for it, a lucky egg....). But now I shall take on the Battle Buffet, awaiting the release of Bank, then it'll be time to head to the battle tree.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay, so going to make this quite short even though it's my first entry in this thread.

Started my first playthrough on 1-1-2017. Yup. And I've been playing slowly.

Starter was Rowlet, the first one I got was male and Adamant, I named it Arrowl. I decided on a few things:
- 1. Alolan Pokémon have priority.
- 2. Alolan Formes are included in point 1., including stuff like Pichu and Cubone.
- 3. Extremely rare catches, utility 'mons (Synchronize, Pick-up, Flame Body) and gifts are fair game, but probably won't see any training.
- 4. Battle style is set and Exp.All is turned off.

On Melemele, I got turned off by how long you were guided along and how long everything took. Extremely annoyed by how few trainers had more then a single pokémon. I think out of disinterest I started a game of Blue in the meantime.. Oh well, I caught Yungoos, Rattata, Grubbin, Pikipek, Meowth, Grimer, Pichu, Cutiefly, Crabrawler all quite early. The natures were okay'ish, with quite a few being Naive, due to me capturing a Naive Synchronize Abra. Grimer has a SpD boosting nature, and Meowth being +SpD, -Att, but is pretty much destined to be breeding material anyway (I want Alolan Persian with Parting Shot/Foul Play and those are bred moves). The Pichu was Timid and caught in a Luxury Ball, which was nice. The battles against Ilima were nice, but not too challenging. The Totem Pokémon wasn't too challenging either. Though I was taken offguard by some pokémon in the cavern knowing moves that they shouldn't yet, such as Hyper Fang. Prior to the Grand Trial, I caught a few things, Alolan Diglett, Oricorio and a Rufflet since I thought it was rare and I could use it for Fly.. Then I realized that Fly HM isn't a thing anymore. And I kinda didn't want to have a non-Alolan pokémon ruining my exclusive pokédex.. But it happened and now it's just wasting away in a box. Then I battled Hala and it wasn't really a problem. Afterwards I trained a bit and caught a female Munchlax, while my Diglett and Crabrawler stole two Leftovers using Thief. Three Leftovers prior to leaving the first Island was a sweet thing. Talking about sweet things, Meowth FOUND a Destiny Knot, which is quite a rare item if these pages don't lie. I caught a Rockruff before leaving for Akala.

On Akala, I fought either Dexio or Sinia, the one with Espeon. That was nice, because I only had some in-training critters with me. I should explain that I level-up every critter that I have equally, I don't have a set team of six that I use, but Arrowl is pretty much on it the entire time, which at this point was already a Dartrix. I made my way to Paniola Town, where after a few tries, I caught an Adamant Mudbray, called Eddie. At the ranch I started training some of the critters that were lacking behind a bit. I trained everything up to level 20, so Yungoos, Rattata, Pikipek, Grubbin, Meowth, Pichu, they all evolved. I made my way through Route 5, forgot to capture a Fomantis, but it's easily one of the pokémon I'm least interested about in GenVII, and I still haven't bothered with it since. I entired Brooklet Hill and followed Lana until the trial.. DAMN. Damn! I was level 20! Yes, I had a Dartrix on my team, but I wasn't intent on taking the easy route, but that freakishly Wishiwashi with its Sitrus Berry and Helping Hand and that Alomamola with the Heal Pulse! IT JUST WOULDN'T GO DOWN!!! I won, but only because it used Soak on me and it therefore lost a good neutral hit on me, while I was left using coverage moves so the loss of STAB didn't hurt me. On my team, I had Cutiefly, Arrowl, Trumbeak, Alolan Grimer, Crabrawler and Oricorio, but they all took massive damage.

With that out of the way, I went on a capture spree.. A whole lot of Synchronize Abra's were the result of frustration about not getting a good natured Dewpider. I nearly got the entire set of Synchronize Abra's at the time of writing, or at least I can make due (I've got both Adamant and Modest, a Naive for fast mixed attackers, Lonely for slow mixed attackers and Brave for extremely slow mixed attackers, Timid and Relaxed for walls). Then I headed back to Melemele, there I caught a Modest Wishiwashi, a Relaxed Merciless Mareanie named Mersea. I also fought Ilima again and got an Everstone. Back on Akala I cought a Brave Dewpider. Before entering the Battle Royal introduction, I trained everything up to level 22, so I headed into the Battle Royal with Dipples, the Araquanid. Afterwards I headed out to Route 7, didn't do much there, but caught a Relaxed Pyukumuku. Haven't trained it yet, but I will soon enough. I tried to go into the Battle Royal again, but they use Lvl50 critters apparently. What a turn-off.

So I headed up the Volcano. Which turned out to be less impressive then I thought it would be. Well, they can't all be Stark Mountain I guess. Oh well, I caught an Adamant, Scrappy Kangaskhan on accident (I swear, no Abra's were used) before I caught a female, Modest Salandit. I also caught a Magby for the Flame Body ability. I guess I know have all I need (Destiny Knot, Everstone, Flame Body) for when I want to start breeding, except for stuff with Egg Moves.. and thus I came to Kiawe's Trial. Which was honestly disappointing. I forgot that Salandit was x4 weak to Ground.. And Eddie just tanked a hit from Salazzle, before it murdered both the Salandit and Salazzle with a single Bulldoze.. -.-

After that, I went up Route 8, after quite a few tries, I caught a female Adamant Stuffel with the Fluffy Ability. I named it Pawpaw, which is part of a naming trend I have in this region, likewise my Rockruff is named Rowrow, my Oricorio is named Taptap, Cutiefly is named Zumzum and a few others. Then I went down do Brooklet Hill again, but this time at night and I caught a Morelull, which I will need to breed since I want Leech Seed on that. I levelled up quite a few pokémon to level 25, mostly my physical attackers because the EV-training is real - and there's so many places at this point that mostly give out attack and speed EV's. Rockruff evolved into a Midday Lycanroc, yay! Which leaves me with quite a few Special Attackers and tanks that are not up to par quite yet.

But that's where I am at the game right now. Sitting right in front of Lush Jungle, deciding what my next course of action is. Salandit is looking at me with crazy intent though. I think it likes roasted Fomantis in the morning.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I decided to EV train the Tapu Koko I traded over from Moon. I did my training via SOS battles, which wasn't too bad (though it took a little longer than I'd wanted since I kept forgetting to turn the battle animations off). Once that was done, I taught a few TMs to Tapu Koko, but couldn't complete its planned moveset yet as I don't have all the TMs yet.

Next, I returned to the Ruins of Conflict to catch my Sun's Tapu Koko. I saved before fighting it, which was a good decision as my Ribombee ended up KOing it with a critical hit on its second attack. When I tried again, Ribombee's Bug type Z-move got Tapu Koko to red HP. I then switched to Exeggutor and eventually out it to sleep with Sleep Powder. A few Ultra Balls later, I had my second Tapu Koko.

Also, I spent more time on Poke Pelago as usual. Today, I was able to finish developing all of the isles to their maximum level.