• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I'm in Hau'Oli city and I am just looking abou right now. I just changed my hair and eye color and bought new clothes. My team consists of Abra Lv 7, Meowth Lv10, Metapod Lv 9, Pikipek Lv 10, Pichu Lv 9, and Rowlet Lv 12.

cosmog

To Alola!
I have made a ton of progress since my last post...the game really sucks you in! I indeed caught a Mudbray, whom I named Valkyrie. Took on Hana's trial and beat it with ease thanks to my Charjabug, Altair. Afterwards I caught a Salandit, whom I named Empress, and took on Kiawe's Trial. This trial took no time at all thanks to my Brionne, Cornelius. Mallow's Trial was a bit difficult, as I had to fight the Totem Pokemon twice. Thankfully, however, I defeated it on the second try with a Fire-type Z-Move! I'm currently on Ula'ula Island, and have cleared Sophocles's Trial as well as that Ghost-type Trial. I did some backtracking and caught a Fomantis to add to my team, which is currently as follows:

Cornelius the Primarina
Altair the Charjabug
Valkyrie the Mudsdale
Empress the Salazzle
Artemis the Fomantis

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I beat Kiawe and Mallow's trials quite easily. But after trying to beat Olivia and losing badly, I thought "Screw this" as she kept one shotting my Grass type and Wimpod wasn't any help yet, went and got out Ash-Greninja solely to beat her then put him back in the box fuming mad. That Lycanroc one shot everybody! -.-
Me and Hau then went off to Aether Paradise and encounter our first Ultra Beast, only for it to run away before I could kill it. The coward! And met the beautiful Lusamine.
Afterward we traveled to the next island, read about Solgaleo a bit then went to beat Sophocles' trial..... which was quite easy compared to recent ones. I two shot the Totem.
Team:
Incineroar
Toucannon
Charjabug
Goliosod
Snorlax
Fomantis (Temporary, ditching it for Sandslash)

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I started exploring Akala island. I beat Sina kind of easily but her Glaceon was really annoying. I caught a lillipup, mudbray, and 2 eevee on route 4 and beat all the trainers. Next I explored the second town and ranch. I caught a tauros which took a really long time and a Miltank which only took 1 great ball >.> and I got the egg from the nursery. Current team
Jonathan the brionne lv 19
Kuwagata the grubbin lv 19
Iwanu the rockruff lv 18

Last edited:

Griever789

Got my team of only grass types
parsect
tsareena
cottonee
Datrix
Fomantis
Phantump...

Might replace fomantis with exxuctor
Found an npc who claimed to have gotten a mewtwo from wondertrade....some of these npc say the weirdest things

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I explored route 5 and beat the trainers. I also caught a female fomantis which is my 4th team member. Next I went to Brooklet hill and beat the fisherman. Current team:
Jonathan the brionne lv 20
Kuwagata the chargabug lv 20
Iwanu the rockruff lv 19
Hana the fomantis lv 17

Last edited:

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Just finished up the main story and I am loving it. Delving into the post-game now!

I heard rumors that the post game was X and Y levels of limited. Can you confirm?

This is the first time I haven't really used my starter my first run-through of a game. I did use Rowlet some at first but boxed him pretty quick before he could become Dartrix or Decidueye. Right now my team consists of...

Wormy the Butterfree (wreckin' fools just like it did in Bikini Bottom)
Missingno. the Magnemite (soon to be Magneton, not sure if I wanna make it a Magnezone or not)
Lilith the Misdreavus (one of my all-time favorite mons; again, not sure if I want to make it a Mismagius)
Fluff the Cottonee (good replacement for Decidueye with a better typing in my opinion - Fairy's always a good type to add on a team)
Whirly the Poliwhirl (from the in-game trade, soon to be a Poliwrath, wishing it had an ability other than damp but whatevs...)
Skipper the Mudbray (love Stamina as an ability!)

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
So I made a ton of progress since the other day, after losing Mallow's trial about four times - Totem Lurantis was a literal beast. After clearing that thing, Olivia seemed like a cakewalk, and I made my way over to the Aether Paradise. I finally met my favorite character from the games so far, Lusamine, and relatively easily took out the first Ultra Beast. After that, I took a trip over to the third island, where I promptly got KO'ed by Hau, as I had suddenly become decently underleveled.

After finding Kukui and heading up the mountain, I started catching a ton of Minior and doing some training - I'm currently debating whether to use a team of six differently-colored Minior, or stick with my main team. They're just so darn cute!

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I continued through Brooklyn hill. I caught 2 poliwags, dewpider which I think is really cute, and a paras. Next I did the trial after catching a wishiwashi. Man the totem wishiwashi was pretty hard. It beat Hana but Kuwagata managed to beat it. Next I healed. I also went back to catch a Igglybuff since it was day time. Current team
Kuwagata thw chargabug lv 21
Iwanu the rockruff lv 20
Hana the fomantis lv 18

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Alright, today I:

-Beat Acelora's trial
-Defeated Skull at Po Town
-Beat Nanu
-Went to Aether Foundation, man that entire scene/level/whatever you wanna call it was LONG, yet amazing
-Arrived at Poni

Pokémon stuff:

-Hatched a Pichu, named Calli
-Evolved all the way to Alolan Raichu
-Caught a Dhelmise, nicknamed S.S. Wrecker (may be replaced if I find one with a better nature)

So, current team:

Blaze the Incineroar
Beastly the Golisopod
S.S. Wrecker the Dhelmise (may be replaced, but probably by someone of the same species)
Snorlax
Kokulele the Minior
Calli the Alola Raichu

slowdude

Finished catching the Island Mascots... whatever and the UB's. Decided to SOS for a level 9-12 Salamence. That was a mistake. After spending an hour just trying to encounter a Bagon it took another two hours of stalling for a Salamence to arrive. With 26 Beast Balls remaining from the UB fiasco after 8 break outs i managed to catch a level 9 Female Moxie Salamence inside a beast ball. Sadly it had a Calm nature but i mean its not like i am ever going to level the thing.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did a lot on Akala Island today. I made it to Paniola Town and defeated Hau once again there. At the ranch, I went to the nursery and obtained the free egg there. I hatched the Eevee after walking around for a while.

When I made it to Brooklet Hill, I completed Lana's trial. The totem Wishiwashi (love that name) wasn't too bad. I poisoned it with my Grimer and then had my Dartrix take care of it and its SOS partner with Razor Leaf. Once the trial was complete, I spent some time fishing, though I mostly found Magikarp, which I didn't feel like catching. I did manage to catch a Dewpider while wandering around the area, though.

Next, I reached the Royal Avenue and checked out the Battle Royal place. I did the royal fight I had to do, which went pretty well aside from Rockruff using Protect when I targeted it. After that, I went to Route 7 and Wela Volcano Park. I explored those areas and trained for a while before doing the next trial.

Kiawe's trial started out well for me. The part with the dancing Marowak was easy and more entertaining than I thought it would be. But after that, the Totem fight...it was one of the toughest main story battles I've had in a long time! The Salazzle's Speed was the main problem - it outsped everything I had, and most of my Pokemon aren't bulky enough to take more than one hit at the moment. I knew that in order to win, my Diglett needed to hit it with a Ground move, but I needed Pikachu to paralyze Salazzle in order for that to happen. So, I spent a long time trying to get myself into a postion where Salazzle was paralyzed (and damaged from my Pikachu's HP Ground) and Diglett could safely come in after another Pokemon fainted. Took quite a few Revives and Super Potions (thank god I had them), but I eventually got Diglett in and KOed Salazzle with Magnitude 9.

After finally getting that over with, I continued on my way and am now on Route 8.

Last edited:

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer
The other day I started my Alola Adventure! I chose Litten as my starter, and his name is Blazer. I have also caught an adorable but strong Cutiefly named Huni and an awesome Rockruff named Ace. Together we have beaten 3 Trials! Blazer and Huni worked together to defeat the first trial. Huni managed to really show her strength and led the team to victory against the Totem Wishiwashi after our other team members had been defeated. She is awesome! Ace battled and took down the Totem Salazzle all by himself. Blazer has evolved into Torracat and we now have the power to use a Fire Type Z-Move! I am really enjoying my adventure so far!

Team:
Blazer the Torracat
Ace the Rockruff
Huni the Cutiefly

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
My previous post in this thread is outdated. I've completed 2 grand trials and now on Ula'ula Island.

Incineroar
Raichu
Dugtrio
Vulpix
Jangmo-o
Pelipper

I wanted to put Tapu Fini on my journey team. But I realized you can't catch it till post-game. So I caught a Wingull in the beginning. It's been with me on my current journey, but I may replace it. Depends if I find a much suitable water Pokemon. It's speed is the only bad part.

I got Jangmo-o and Vulpix from the GTS (Jangmo-o is Adamant!). Thank you kind strangers for the valid offers!

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Yesterday's adventure was good progress. After my last trial I headed out to get some Sudowoodo that were barring the way out of the way. After a short glance from my new Z-crystal they scrammed real quick! With the path clear I went into Route 6, also named Straight Street for obvious reasons. I was surprisingly pleased from finding that there are wild Eevee in that area, I caught one to train for the future and named it Prism.

Detours done with, I came to Royal Avenue and came upon the Battle Royal Dome, apparently it's a place where you can have a 4-way free for all battle with several other Trainers. For whatever reason that Gladion dude was there...Then I was greeted by this Masked Man named the Masked Royal. I don't know why, but he reminded me of someone...anyway, He invited me to a Battle Royal, I accepted the challenge because why not! Hau showed up and joined in too, and so did Gladion. The 4 of us duked it out in the Battle Royal Arena, I felt I did alright, all things considered.

After that rumble, I stopped by the Thrifty Megamart for a bit of shopping. The prices were indeed outrageous, in more ways than one...Anywho I was done with that and headed out of the avenue, and into Route 7 and Wela Volcano Park. I knew the Trial Captain Kiawe was waiting for me at the summit, so I did a good bit of training around at hot rock to ready for it (As well as catch the local pokemon around there. I ran into a Magby which I thought was rare, but I knocked it out when it got backup and no more showed up for a long while, so I gave up on that...). But Salandits are SO annoying! Luckily I had my Mudbray to do short work of them!

Back on track, I went through the Trial gate and met with the Trial Captain. His trial involved his dancing Marowak and their performances (As well as some photobombs, which were pretty amusing!). After a few battles and right answers, the Totem pokemon appeared! Compared to the last Totem this one wasn't too much trouble. I wanted to defeat all of the minions first, but too many were coming and gave me a hard time. So I was like "Forget this!" and finished them off with my Mudbray. Thank goodness for Ground types, am I right? The Totem and Kiawe were impressed by our moves and awarded me with the Fire-Type Z-Crystal, now I have one more and a hot new Z-Move at my disposal! He also updated my Ride Gear to have a Charizard fly me places, how cool is that?! I used it right away and took to the sky to restock.

Now that i've got another victory on under my belt, I was cleared to enter Route 8. I met this guy named Colress who, after a quick chat about the potential of pokemon, gave me a Technical Machine. Ironically it should help with the next Trial. The man left, and I went to explore the long road that is Route 8, beating all the Trainers along the way, including the local Ace Trainer in that area. I also found Gladion staying in a hotel there, he promptly kicked me out...I also spent a good while finding a Stufful for a request. Who knew those things would be so hard to find...(Speaking of I still can't find a darn Feebas. Gah!). FINALLY finding one, I decided to raise one for myself. I was able to find the other half of Route 5 and have a look around there. Satisfied, I got all ready and entered Lush Jungle.

Inside the jungle Mallow was already there. She wanted me to locate some ingredients for some sort of recipe, and thus the Trial began! It was only with the help of my Stoutland mount that I was able to find everything she needed. I was jumped by some pokemon along the way, but that was a nonissue! I met up with the Captain to prepare everything. The other two Captains showed up as well for other supplies. With a bit of mixing, grinding, and pounding, the "Mallow Special" was ready and attracted the Totem pokemon in no time at all. But it snuck up on me without warning! Yikes! Like the rest, it's power flared up and we took it on. It was fast, and I had to weaken it make it more vulnerable, but its minion made it hard. Luckily my Growlithe was able to endure the Totem Pokemon's startling power and take it down in one shot with his Z-power! The totem left me alone and had some of the food, and Mallow herself awarded me with the Grass Z-Crystal. With it, i'll be able to unleash nature's awesome power concentrated! You're probably wondering what the Mallow Special tastes like. According to the other Captains, definitely not what you'd expect! It makes my wonder how (or IF) the Totem liked it...

Exiting the Jungle, the Professor was already there to commend me for doing so well. He gave me a nifty new TM and said I was ready to take on the Kahuna herself! But first he wanted to meet him back in Hauhau at this Dimensional Research Lab. I plan to go there soon, but I have other things I want to do first and went to stop at the nearest Pokemon Center.

Let me see the status of my team now...

Dizzy the Brionne, Lv 31
Ballistia the Trumbeak, Lv 28
Flaredo the Growlithe, Lv 27
Pinky the Stufful, Lv 20
D. Hoof Jack the Mudbray, Lv 28
Parisprite the Ribombee, Lv 28

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I continued in Brooklet hill. I caught a goldeen and a magikarp. I found a surskit but accidentally killed it. my battery was almost dead so had to charge it but when it's done I will try to find another surskit and a feebas. Current team:
Kuwagata the chargabug lv 21
Iwanu the rockruff lv 20
Hana the fomantis lv 19

SoulSilver Eric

Just completed Lana's Island Trial and got to say I'm really digging the Totem Pokemon. Before the trial I traded for a Bounsweet, which greatly helped balance my team out now since I have 3 pokemon weak to water. Also snagged a Wishiwashi myself. Ran into another wishiwashi before facing the totem that would just keep calling for help, even if it was asleep. Was tempted to start chaining, but didn't have any net or dive balls. Heres my current lineup:

Team:
Mocha - Rockruff lv 21
Leviathan - Wishiwashi lv 19
Nekomamushi - Snorlax lv 24
Bouncee - Steenee lv 22
Savannah - Mudray lv 18
Lit - Torracat lv 21

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
At last, endgame. After conquering all Kahuna's,
leaping into the ultra beast's world,
catching Solgaleo (resetting numerous times for Adamant, also really starting to hate the idea of forcing you to catch the legendary then and there instead of when you're actually ready for them) we made it to the Pokémon league!

Still have a little more training to go especially with Kommo-o as they only let you get one so damn late in the game. I'm making it to the top of the mountain hopefully finishing the game tonight.

Last edited:

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Just beat the electric trial (should be called the one species trial lol) and my team is

Charjabug 37
Ribombee 36
Crabrawler 36
Decidueye 38
Salandit 35
(Mareanie 20 training for pokedex)

Not sure who I want in my final slot. I still have a lot of fire weakness and not much to do about electric typing either, so I was thinking about investing in maybe a Minior (would make electric problem worse), Sandygast and his evo (then I have double ghosts), or maybe something I don't have yet.
Since i avoided all spoilers for Sun and Moon until it came out, I was very disappointed when I learned (plot spoilers)
that Cosmog isn't a pokemon you can catch and train normally. When I first saw it I was super excited and thought it'd become some cool space-like pyschic type that looks like a galaxy cloud or something awesome like that, so i wanted to see when I could get it for my team and was extremely disappointed when I looked up its serebii page and found out that its a huge plot device spoiler thing. Probably my biggest disappointment with gen 7 so far, but I guess it's partially my fault.

so that's a let down. Anyways I might fit a dragon type into the last slot just for funsies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
We cleared the Ghost trial and then went to Po Town to meet with Team Skull. Where we easily beat them all, got the Bugnium and left only to discover Lillie was kidnapped. We set off to rescue her and saw UB-01 again.
Traveling to Poni Island we witnessed the birth of a new Kahuna(Snore.... the most boring one. I like the Cop Kahahuna more)
Least Poni island has Lycanroc and Komo-o in it, wanted those guys in my team but never did find a Rockruff.....
Team:
Incineroar
Toucanon
Decidueye
Goliosod
Charjabug