• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
Since my last post, I have continued with the breeding. I hatched the Bagon I wanted, then I hatched two more Pokemon with all traits I wanted: Froakie and Ferroseed. These three are going to be the members of my Super Single team for the Battle Tree. I have also decided the nicknames for all the Pokemon I'm going to train, so all of their details are planned and done. Now I just need to breed for one more Pokemon which I will use for a completely different purpose. Going to start with that tomorrow.

AlolaSherwood

Lost Wayfinder
Well, this isn't like /super recent., but a few days ago I put up a shiny Eevee on GTS asking for a Reshiram and O M Gosh, I got a Shiny Reshiram!

And a friend traded to get me a Groudon, but it was Japanese so I traded it and got another Japanese one and then traded and got an Adamant German Groudon. (This was because I wanted one where the name was Groudon and the German one was). Which is like, the best nature possible for Groudon imho.

So ecstatic.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I spoke with the man at the big building shaped like a Magikarp at Seafolk Village and with his help I was taken to Exeggutor Island. I explored the island after talking with Lillie.
- I soon found a single pedestal on top of the hill containing the Sun Flute, which I grabbed. I now had to get to the Vast Poni Canyon, but first I had to deal with some Skull grunts. ^^;
- I defeated the Team Skull members who were blocking the canyon and Plumeria showed up and apologized, then she handed me the Poisonium Z. I now continued going ahead.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Evolved several Pokemon today. First, I continued levelling up my Vanillish and Vullaby from last time. Vanillish was actually closer to level 47 than I thought, so it didn't take long to get it to evolve. A while later, Vullaby evolved into Mandibuzz.

While training those two, I also worked on evolving my Geodude and Beldum. Geodude evolved into Graveler after only a couple of fights at the Battle Buffet. Beldum took the longest of the Pokemon I trained today to evolve, but in the end I got it to the Metagross stage.

So my Pokedex is at 268 or something like that now. Might get some trade evolutions done next time.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've finally completed the Alola Dex, and obtained the Oval and Shiny Charm. Now I'm free to masuda method the greatest shiny of all time, Minior

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well,I got the shiny Furfrou I wanted. I guess I just had to ask. (Now she has a Matron Trim.)

Kalosian

So long
Continued with the breeding today. The last Pokemon I had to obtain was a Honedge. Started breeding, and much faster than I had expected, I obtained not one but two Honedge with the Nature and IVs I wanted. Kept one of them for now and stored the other in a box. So this is now done, I have all the Pokemon I'm going to train for now. I decided to start somewhat on their EV-training, sent them all to Poke Pelago in order to do some EV-training there while I do other things. Then I deposited the breeding leftovers on Bank. I have 75 boxes full on Bank on this system now, I wonder what I should do if I ever reach all 100... guess I'll have to mass-release Pokemon, not really something I like doing but there's still a while left before I have to think about doing that.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I did some trading with my Moon to get the remaining trade evos I needed on Sun. I had to evolve about 8 or 9 Pokemon in total, including Machoke, Phantump, Porygon (both evolutions), and Electabuzz. That wasn't so bad, though I did have to spend most of my BP on hold items for some of the Pokemon. I haven't done the sidequests/whatever to get items like the Up-Grade and King's Rock yet, and I didn't want to wait until I get around to them, so I had to spend my BP...but it's okay, I'll just earn more later.

After that, I had to catch an Oranguru on Moon since it was the last Moon version exclusive I hadn't caught yet. I went to the Lush Jungle on that game and started looking for one. Fortunately, Oranguru was my first encounter and it was an easy catch. Then, I transferred that Oranguru, along with my Moon's Ultra Beasts and a Dewpider, to my Bank and then to Sun.

All of that got my Sun's Alola dex to 284 owned.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got lucky today, i trained a gen6 timid Flygon to lvl 56 and also trained a shiny Flygon as well a few levels up. i paired the 2 of them which both had 5IV with weak ATK IVs and got 2 goof 5IV pkmn within 3 eggs and another one with another 5 eggs. i put 2 in PKbank and will need to breed some more 5IV pkmn in gen6 to get giga drain transferred over for future use. the last of the 3 gen Trapinch got EV trained in plaza and leveled up to lvl 45, this last one will be heading for any future competitions in gen7 that i may join.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I finally got Kartana and need to transfer it to Moon and my Dex will be complete! Now I will focus a bit on the Island Scan Pokemon.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I got a lot less done in the past week than I thought I would, but I did manage to get some stuff done! Sophocles' trial wasn't too hard, since I had Firethorn leading to deal with all the Bug-types. So then I headed off towards Tapu Village, running into Gladion on the way. While in Tapu Village, I caught my newest team member, Sarianna the Snorunt. I fully EV trained her in Poké Pelago over the course of the week, evolved her into a Froslass, and trained her up to the same level as the rest of my team.

After a brief trip to the Aether House, I'm now standing at the door of Acerola's trial site. Wish me luck! (No, really, I'm gonna need it –*Totem Mimikyu nearly killed my whole team last playthrough.)

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
I honestly haven't been playing Sun and Moon too much since they came out; I literally just beat Olivia as an indication of how much I've been playing. I'm rocking Moon and enjoying the relaxed atmosphere of the games so far, and the new Pokemon are definitely interesting (if not too varied). My team in particular is decently strong despite being under-levelled, only issues being the Totem Salazzle and Totem Lurantis (the latter surprising me considering 3/4 team members at the time took it on super-effectively/resisted Grass) mainly due to level actually. That and that goddamn Miltank on Route 8, that bastard wrecked me and is so far the only loss I had to suffer through.

Pokemon Refresh is pretty damn cool and I like it over the Amie system of X&Y, pretty obsessed with getting max hearts on my team (only Lycanroc and Mareanie haven't got max hearts). I also like the cafes in Pokemon Center's providing Poke Beans and Rare Candies (occasionally). Hau and Lillie are interesting characters, Kukui is fairly cool and everyone else is nice. Totem battles and Grand Trials feel fun to do (although the puzzle in Lush Jungle was a tad annoying) and they provided decent challenge, although neither Kahuna was a massive threat. Hala had each of his Pokemon beaten by a member of my team (Mankey by Grubbin, Makuhita by Rowlet and Crabrawler by Trumbeak) and Olivia wasn't too tough either (Charjabug of all things beat Nosepass, thanks to some Rock Slide misses + Spark paralysis, my newly caught Mareanie crit Boldore to death with Merciless Scald attacks and my own Lycanroc wrecked hers with All-Out Pummeling). Z Moves are fun though! I shall soon progress onwards.

Moon Team:
723.png

Archer the Dartrix
(Level 26) @ Grassium Z
Razor Leaf, Pluck, Tackle, Astonish

732.png

Blunderbird the Trumbeak
(Level 26) @ Fightinium Z
Pluck, Brick Break, Work Up, Echoed Voice

737.png

Blue Beetle the Charjabug
(Level 27) @ Normalium Z
Spark, Crunch, Vicegrip, Bug Bite

745-m.png

Fenrir the Lycanroc-Midnight
(Level 27) @ Rockium Z
Rock Tomb, Rock Throw, Brick Break, Bite

747.png

Squishy the Mareanie
(Level 26) @ Waterium Z
Scald, Toxic, Venoshock, Bite

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So as I reached the end of the path near the canyon, I saw Hapu by a large tree and began the Grand Trial against her. I defeated her team of ground types and got the Groundium Z.
- Now that I had defeated the island's Kahuna, I could finally enter the main part of the Vast Poni Canyon and Lillie healed my team for me next. I began crushing some big rocks now. :]
- I picked up items including the Dazzling Gleam Tm and defeated trainers in the area, then I encountered an artist named Mina who handed me the Fairium Z. I then saw Lillie again. ^^

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have begun my Pokemon Moon play today, right now prepped for the second fight against Hau

nel3

Crimson Dragon
had a good day today, i cleaned up more boxes and WT'd 2 boxes away. i got the various foreign pkmn better organized to start evolving them later on. its taking me a while to get the boxes organized in such a way due to the usefull/bankball pkmn and random foreign pkmn clogging up the boxes. i can only blame myself for it as i accumulated all the pkmn in various sessions and placed them all in different areas.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Well, turns out my team is spectacularly overleveled. Sarianna took out Totem Mimikyu with one Shadow Ball after busting its disguise. After that, I blew through Po Town, then returned to the Aether House where I found out that Lillie had been kidnapped. The raid on Aether Paradise wasn't as intense the second time playing through it, but I have to say, I am still legitimately terrified of Lusamine.

After I beat Lusamine, stuff calmed down a lot around Aether Paradise; next stop, Poni Island. Long story short, after getting the Sun Flute from Exeggutor Island and running into Team Skull, I'm now at the entrance of Vast Poni Canyon.

Kalosian

So long
Continued with the EV-training. I used Poke Pelago for the majority of the EV-training, then I used vitamins and regular wild Pokemon for the rest, which were the stats that needed 6 EVs or less. When it was done, the four Pokemon I am going to train are now completely EV-trained. Afterwards, I played with them in Refresh until they all had 5 hearts. Got started a little on the regular training, though I didn't get very far yet. Right now, all of them are at level 15 or above. Froakie evolved into Frogadier along the way. I'm going to train them to level 50 as well as make sure they are fully evolved and have their final movesets, going to continue with that during the rest of this week.

I also did some other, minor things today. Went to the clothing store in Konokoni city and bought all clothes there. Changed the appearance of my character a little, also changed the hairstyle, but I haven't decided on a final design quite yet. Will do that once I have bought all of the clothes.

AmethystLeslie

Cleaning up my boxes by breeding for egg moves and pokeballs, combining them so I only have a few pokemon to breed for future breeding projects.

But then I was a bit low on space to continue breeding, so I'm trying to find other things to do ingame.

I migrated all my pokemon from my 2nd White 2 run that I began last September. In that run, I hoped to do everything i wanted to do in the postgame, but then i became more eager to play Alpha Sapphire and Moon (once it came out), alongside college, so I only did some of the things. Among those was Hidden Grotto checking, and i got a lot of pokemon from that.

I checked for IVs and they were mostly abysmal. I was hoping for few more pokemon to have more than Decent IVs, but what you gonna do? Most of them will be bred anyway for HAs and pokeballs, so it's okay for the most part.

I then Wonder Traded a couple boxes of stuff that i'm not trading for WTW, and the most notable was a bred Snorunt holding a Starf berry! The Snorunt's alright, but the berry, oh, man, I can't wait to mass grow these.

I made a list of stuff I wanna breed next, too. It's a lot, but I know my next major breeding project will be Gible. Now my breeding project is just cleanup of who I'm keeping. I should also update my post on the trade forum, for egg moves, cuz some of the stuff I don't have anymore.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Haven't posted in here yet. Probably won't do so often as I don't play much right now but I do enjoy reading what others have been doing in their games. It helps motivate me to get back into Moon.

I completed my PokeDex on Moon at the weekend, adding all the available Alola Pokemon to my Living PokeDex in Bank and therefore bringing it much closer to completion. Only missing Marshadow, Magearna and Meloetta, the latter of which I just need to pick up from the Delivery person in Y. Now that I have the Shiny Charm I'm going to start using the Magikarp Swap Method to hatch for shinies I want. Currently aiming for Jangmo-o (if the shiny is male) or Salandit (if the shiny is female). If the Magikarp is female but the Salandit is male, I'll get a female Jangmo-o instead.

I'm also getting ready to send my new Keldeo through to Moon once I've taught it Icy Wind via OR move tutor and EV trained it with Hordes which I still much prefer to the SOS battles. It's missing both its defence and special defence IVs so I'll be Hyper Training it as soon as I send it through and as it's the Lv100 one that was distributed last year to Gen6 games I can HT it right away. I've never used Hyper Training before but I have got several Bottle Caps to use that I won in the Battle Tree.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I now had to do a trial that had no captain overseeing it and soon I was attacked by a wild Jangmo-o, then by a Hakamo-o. I soon approached a pedestal with a Z Crystal on top of it.
- Suddenly I got attacked by a wild Kommo-o when I tried to get the Dragonium Z and I defeated the Totem Kommo-o to claim my prize. I also found the Dragon Claw Tm nearby.
- I visited the Altar of the Sunne and Lillie and Hapu showed up, then I used the flute to summon Solgaleo. Surprisingly, Nebby evolved into Solgaleo itself. I went to Ultra Space. :]