• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm so glad I decided to put my pokemon in pokemon bank and transfer them instead of trading. I would have been doing that for hours DX I just beat Ilima for the first time and beat the skull grunt at the berry fields. Next I will be catching some new team members on route 2.
Non transfered team members:
rowlet lv 12
slowpoke lv 11
grimer lv 10

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Continued at the Battle Tree. Won 20 more battles in a row which meant I got to face Red once more. Beat him without major problems this time as well. Along the way, I also scouted two trainers. One which was leading with a Mega Charizard Y, and another which was leading with a Greninja. Perhaps one of them will help me in the Multi line later on... we'll see. I'll continue on the Super Single line a bit further to see if I can find other useful trainers to scout.

Also obtained the 4000 FC for the recent Global Mission. This brought my Festival Plaza up to rank 114. While I'm not focusing on leveling it up anymore on this game, I'll participate in future Global Missions as well because I want the FC and other rewards from them.

Sun: Continued with the Ultra Beast quest. Got to battle Mina which was fun, she was easy to beat as expected. Then I continued with more Ultra Beasts. First out was Xurkitree. The first one was easy to get, I caught it without major problems, and it had the right Nature on the first try too! The second one was harder to get. It had the wrong Nature on the first try, then it struggled to death on the second try. I finally got it with the Nature I wanted on the third try. Looking back, I should have prepared more for Xurkitree, not sure which strategies could be useful against it but I guess I could have thought about something. Guess it's too late now, but if I should have to catch more Xurkitree in a future game, I will need to think of a different strategy.

Once both Xurkitree were caught, it was time for Kartana. Another situation where I am glad I raised my Aegislash, it was very helpful here as well. These four paper-swords were quite easy to get, mostly thanks to their high capture rate. The fourth one also had the right Nature on the first try which was great, while the first three had it on the second attempt.

When I had them, I continued to the last Ultra Beast. I had to battle Nanu first, then I could go to the lower level of Resolution Cave and catch Guzzlord. It may be tough and strong, but my Aegislash was designed specifically to be helpful for catching it, so there wasn't much it could do. Once it was down to 1 HP and out of PP for Heavy Slam, I sent out my Haunter to put it to sleep with Hypnosis. Looking back, I could have used an X Accuracy on Haunter to buff its Accuracy in addition to the X Speed I used to raise its Speed as it was at a rather low level, but it is too late for that now. Anyway, I got the Guzzlord I wanted on the fifth try. It had the wrong Nature three times and struggled to death once, then it finally had the right Nature. With that, I had caught all the Ultra Beasts.

Went to Aether Paradise to get a lot of money and do the last part of the Ultra Beast quest, so it is now complete. Next up, I'm planning to catch/obtain all the remaining legendary/special Pokemon on this game.

I obtained the 4000 FC from the Global Mission here as well. That was enough to make my Festival Plaza here grow to rank 80, which is really great. It has since grown a little further and is now at rank 81. One or two more successful Global Missions, and it should be at Rank 100.

JAKnighton

Cartoonist
Started my second playthrough of Pokemon Sun. Forgot just how many cutscreens there are in the beginning of the game.

I chose Litten as my starter, and named him Garfield for obvious reasons. Then I decided that all my team members would be nicknamed after American Presidents. So when it came to picking a second member of my team, I chose Yungoose and nicknamed him Trump. Right now I've just been shown how the Pokemon Center works by Lillie and I've saved my progress.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I was grinding earlier and I found and caught a shiny yungoose =0 this is my 4th shiny in 7th gen. I'm sad though I forgot about my shiny cutiefly in sun, I started over before transferring it over to my moon DX

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Been struggling with Super Multi Battle mode in the Battle Tree so I've elected not to use Cynthia and her amazing Garchomp as a partner because her Milotic just screws me over all the time.

Looking at potential partners and wondering whether I should go back into doubles again to scout for new trainers.

In the meantime I have bred two 6IV Fletchlings in a Fast Ball that I've been looking at adding to my Aprimon collection. Both will be levelled to 100. One has Flame Body and will be used as my front man for hatching Eggs. The other has the elusive Gale Wings ability and will be used for Brave Bird/Tailwind shenanigans in the tree.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I was grinding earlier and I found and caught a shiny yungoose =0 this is my 4th shiny in 7th gen. I'm sad though I forgot about my shiny cutiefly in sun, I started over before transferring it over to my moon DX

What are the other two shinies in 7 gen?

Because I don't use the Exp Share for my team, there's a lot of level grinding I'm going to need to do before I really dig into Poni Island. The bonus is that it will allow me time to fill my Pokedex by levelling up. My False Swiper, Pressure Absol, is going to get so OP but not nearly as much as the Munchlax gift in Sun who's approaching Lv 90.

The final member of my team is added; Rusty the Dhelmise.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
What are the other two shinies in 7 gen?

Because I don't use the Exp Share for my team, there's a lot of level grinding I'm going to need to do before I really dig into Poni Island. The bonus is that it will allow me time to fill my Pokedex by levelling up. My False Swiper, Pressure Absol, is going to get so OP but not nearly as much as the Munchlax gift in Sun who's approaching Lv 90.

The final member of my team is added; Rusty the Dhelmise.
Meowth and zubat. I caught them in my current and first playthrough of moon.
Anyways I finished grinding everyone to lv 13. After that I beat the 3 pokemon in the cavern and the skull grunt. Next I beat the totem gumshoos very easily with just drilbur. I didn't know they were that strong =0 next I will be getting everyone to lv 15.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Zubat has to be the most common shiny people get. Then again Zubat are more common than blades of grass, but still great for you that you managed to get two random shinies before the first Totem

Changed my mind, I feel that I should have a Water type instead of the anchor. Specifically Lapras, which came at me in the perfect level. Yeah, most of my Pokemon are bulky as all get out but what are you gonna do. I should be finished with the massive amount of level grinding today.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I got my Festival Plaza rank up to 715. More help from another successful Global Mission, though I'm disappointed that it was so easy again. I've interacted with more than 10,000 Plaza guests now and have collected more than 200,000 festival coins. I've been working on trimming down my stash of Festival tickets. Still got a long way to go; I've gone from 200 down to about 160.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Spent all 980 something BP I had on Rare Candies.

Then I entered the battle tree and did Super Doubles, getting a streak of 95 and racking up 500 BP on the way. Scouted a few trainers that I hope will get me that elusive 14th stamp for my Trainer Passport.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Had time to do several things today. First, I EV trained my Tapu Fini. I didn't get around to levelling it up much or even teaching it the moves I want it to have, but I did use Pokemon Refresh to raise its Affection. I pet and fed my Tapu Lele, too, since its Affection was close to max. After that, I visited the Name Rater since I forgot to give nicknames to Tapu Lele & Fini earlier.

Next, I continued levelling up Tapu Lele at the Battle Buffet. I trained until it was level 66, which seemed like a good place to stop for now, though I might go for level 70 in the future. Also, I was able to get my Cosmoem to evolve into Solgaleo.

Finally, I just spent some time spreading the Pokerus to several more of my PC Pokemon.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got everyone to lv 15 except wooper, shroomish, and clawncher. I love the exp share, it makes grinding more than 6 pokemon so much easier. Next I beat Hala barely. He killed everyone except wooper and monferno. Finally I went to ten carat hill and caught a rockruff. It took a bit to show up. Next I will be going to the next island.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
Finished the Alola Pokedex in Moon and received the Shiny Charm! Now I'm deciding on what Pokemon I want to breed for battle teams.

I traded one of my Cottonee on Wonder Trade and my jaw dropped when I got a Charmander in a Dream Ball! I checked the Pokeball Levels guide here on Serebii and it is legit. So I searched for Bulbasaur in a Dream Ball on GTS and got one by trading a Mudkip (I have several on hand). No such luck with Squirtle -- but I'll keep looking! I have all the Hoenn Starters in Dream Balls as well.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I got my Festival Plaza rank up to 715. More help from another successful Global Mission, though I'm disappointed that it was so easy again. I've interacted with more than 10,000 Plaza guests now and have collected more than 200,000 festival coins. I've been working on trimming down my stash of Festival tickets. Still got a long way to go; I've gone from 200 down to about 160.

wow, you really hit the gas on reaching lvl 999 there. im also making decent progress there too: lvl 286, i do want to hit 300 but i'll see how much further ill take it from there. at one point i had 120 tickets on me and burned thru them in 4-5 days.

im also disapointed how easy they made the previous mission. i expected them to ask for 1mil minimum before any prizes were awarded. i guess GF got scared off by the first 3 failed missions and decided to go easy on us.

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Did 20 more battles at the Battle Tree, putting me at 70 won in a row. That is a new personal Tree record for me, so this feels great. I scouted two more trainers, one which had a lead Infernape and another who was leading with a Gengar. I had also planned to scout a third who was leading with an Azelf, but I accidentally forgot about the scouting once the battle was over.

In addition to that, I got to face Anabel for the first time at the Tree, which was in battle #70. She wasn't super hard to beat but it was fun to face her. I like how her music was the original Frontier Brain music from Emerald, that was a neat detail. Since it was in battle #70 and I was using a Salamence as my first Pokemon while she had Snorlax and Raikou on her team, the whole situation reminded me of my Gold battle against her in Emerald. Really cool. Anyway, I'll continue further up the Tree to see how far I can go.

Sun: Today, I got started on catching the Tapu. Going to do them in order like I did on Moon, so I started with Tapu Koko. Put the Pokemon I needed in my party, then I headed to the Ruins of Conflict. Met Tapu Koko and I was able to catch it on the second ball, which was surprising. It had the wrong Nature though, so I reset. Did another try and was able to catch it very quickly this time as well. Now it had the right Nature, so I kept it. Tomorrow, I'll continue with the next Tapu.

I have also done a bunch of other things. Started catching various Pokemon I need to catch for the Melemele Dex as I am going to complete the Pokedex once I am done with catching the legendaries. So I have caught a bunch of Pokemon from the Melemele Dex, though I still have a few left to get. I also used Island Scan a little, I want to catch the Johto and Unova starters so I am going to catch them and a few others as well. Started somewhat on that today, caught Chikorita and Samurott. Going to continue with that alongside doing other things, my goal is to have all 6 starters within a week from now.

Finally, I obtained some other legendary Pokemon I hadn't gotten yet. Scanned in the QR code for Magearna and obtained it. Love this Pokemon, easily my favorite legendary from Gen 7. Then, once night had fallen in the game, I went to the Altar and to the alternate world. Continued to the Lake and obtained myself a Cosmog, I really like the scene where you obtain it, seeing both Solgaleo and Lunala is so cool. Going to train up this Cosmog to another Solgaleo in the future. Went back to the regular world afterwards. And that's it for now.

AmethystLeslie

I finished my cleanup breeding (fricken finally!) and am Wonder Trading all the breedjects away.

I hatched a shiny Bulbasaur along the way, never mentioned that here, but it's the same one gracing my signature. I named him Blackjack because he is my 21st shiny. I should make one of those shiny lists and stuff, make a nice graphic of my shinies and how i got them. I kinda wanna get to that before I start my shiny Friend Safari challenge that I wanna do, where I get one shiny per safari, and nickname them after their safari's name. Thought it'd be nice.

But for now, I wanna start my major breeding project of Gible. This means I will breed A certain amount of Gible per pokeball with ideal nature, ability, and IV spread, and trade them all out in a special event. They'll have egg moves as well, so that'll be great. Last time I did this, I Wonder Traded my best Vulpix on Valentine's Day, and gave them nicknames based off of the more obscure pokemon ships. I kinda liked that, so I wanna do those kinda of nicknames again.

Maybe I should do something about pokemon I have one of that I wanna mass breed and send to the world? I really wanna do Beast Ball Tepig and Snivy. I say that and I just had thoughts of Beast Ball starters. That is too delicious of a thought, but I need to slow down.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, the first thing I did was teach some new moves to my Tapu Fini and Solgaleo via TMs and the move re-learner. Once that was done, I did some training at the Battle Buffet again. I alternated between using Tapu Fini & Solgaleo against the trainers and eventually got them to levels 65 and 60 respectively.

Then, I visited the restaurants in Konikoni, Malie, and the Seafolk Village. I noticed that my Heart Scale supply was getting low when I was at the move re-learner earlier, so I decided to get some more by buying meals at the restaurants. Love getting Heart Scales this way!

Next, I finally decided to start the Ultra Beast quest and completed the Nihilego mission. Took me a little while to complete the mission since I soft reset for Nature and IVs. I eventually got just the Nihilego I wanted, though.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got to brooklet hill after beating a bunch of trainers. I also caught a whishiwashi and a morelull to add to my party. Now I'm getting everyone to lv 18 before battling the totem.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My second playthrough of Sun is going well. The shiny Togepi I have is now a Togetic and Oricorio was very useful against Guzma in Mawlie Garden. Magmar pulled through in my second attempt against Totem Vikavolt.

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Won 10 more battles at the Tree. Met another trainer who was leading with an Azelf and scouted the trainer in question this time around.

Sun: Today, I started with catching the next Tapu. I flew to the Ruins of Life on Akala Island with the Pokemon I needed in my party. Entered the ruins and solved the strength puzzle, then I arrived at the core and interacted with the statue. Met Tapu Lele. This thing proved to be quite tough to catch on the first try, considerably harder than Koko yesterday. I eventually got it, but it had the wrong Nature. I reset and tried again. This time, I managed to catch it very quickly, on the second ball. Did not expect that at all. Now it had the right Nature, so I kept it. That's two Tapu caught, two left. Will continue with the next one tomorrow.

Did some other things as well. Used Island Scan to catch Axew and Emboar. Also went to Route 1 in order to look for a Munchlax. I managed to find one surprisingly quickly, so that was cool. Got another Leftovers that way too. Still got a few more Pokemon to catch for the Melemele Dex, so I'll continue with that as well until I have them all.