• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Flamer

Had a last minute change of plan to my Weakness Cup team, replacing Guzzlord with Tyranitar. Would have had to rush to get the Ultra-Beast side quest finished, which I didn’t particularly want to do, and reckon Tyranitar might be a better option anyway. Can see this being quite a fast game, so a min speed one should be a viable inside a Trick Room.

This meant firing up AS, where I’d previously received a Pursuit Larvitar in a Wonder Trade. Wrong nature, but I had a Adamant Treeko, so was able to breed one. Took her to my base to level up against the Blissey trainer and work on her Atk EVs, before transferring to Sun via Bank.

I then brought her to the Festival Plaza, where I finished off the Atk training, starting on HP training and levelled up a bit more using the Rare Kitchen. Now lv50, but still need a few more to evolve into Tyranitar. In the meantime, left her in the Pelago to finish the HP training.

Should be able to get those last few levels done when I get home, so hopefully be able to start battling this evening, (depending on how late I get back). Still gotta decided on who to cut from the team. Was originally thinking Whimsicott, but with Tyranitar in Tailwind could be useful. Fake Out too. If not, then it’ll be both the Exeggutors. Got some serious 4 move slot syndrome with Chandelure too. Shadow Ball and Incinerate are a given, but there’s a lot I’d like to do with the final 2. A powerful single target Fire attack, i.e. Flamethrower, would be nice. So would Energy Ball to take advantage of the likely Grass Terrain. Although I do have Dhelmise, and if I keep one an Exeggutor, for that. But if I get rid of an Exeggutor, then another Trick Room setter would be good too. Haze is another option, and Protect’s always useful. Pretty much a necessity actually if I want to lead with Chandelure at any point.

Many decisions…

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i put in my 15 battles today and got a decent ratio, its either7/15 or 8/15 wins depending on that connection loss when searching for an opponent. i found the Weavile/Togekiss lead was very good for the most part and icicle crash/throat chop is very good. 2 latis down and 1HKO on A marowak :). calm gastro acid Bellossom is doing decently and got a few minor KOs and a few unfortunate freeze hax.... gonna do another 15 battles on both last 2 days and see where i stand at the end.

while im not that familiar battling with the items we can use here, it does make for some good battles as z moves arent allowed :). using Bellossom and Togekiss is very fun, havent had many opportunities to use Togekiss since gen6. i threw follow me with full HP, haphazard 48 SDF and the rest of the EVs went to SPA and those SDF EVs paid off on Togekiss.

Last edited:

Unova Yorker

City Girl
Is there any penalty when your opponent shuts his game off before a win? I'm hardly doing that well in the weakness cup, losing about as much as I've won, but man. I just got robbed 3 wins in a row. It really bummed me out. :(

Edit: Just won 5 in a row! Never did this good before in competitive battles. <3

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
id say this tourney was a complete sucess for me with a 42.2% win ratio. i didnt use any tapu, legends or the majority of grade A pkmn. i did have 3 solid hitters Weavile, Sceptile, Togekiss along with a Slowbro (that i didnt include in any battle) and a D dance Tyranitar for the first 3 battles until i realized Weavile and Togekiss was the best start up line. the wins were 7, 6 and 6 for each day out of 45 battles in the 3 days. i got some good battle vids and my Bellossom had its share of highlights, including nearly stalling out a Slowbro with a SPA drop from moonblast. i ran out of my 5 moonlight PP and didnt get any extra SPA drops or a poison from sludge bomb bit the SPA drop did make it possible to moderately tank the hits each 2 turns and leave the opposing slowbro on hanging on by 2-3HP when i ran out of moonlight and had to use moon blast for the last 2 turns.

for those interested here it is: QBWW-WWWW-WWW8-4H2D

Aquarelle

Staff member
Over the weekend, I hatched more Chikorita eggs and finally got a female with Leaf Guard. I bred that Chikorita with the one I caught from Island Scan and hatched a pair of HA + Nest Ball Chikorita. I nicknamed them and put one aside for transferring to Ultra Sun in the future.

I've traded for some more starters on the GTS, too. I managed to get a Dream Ball Mudkip, Dream Ball Piplup, and a Fennekin in a Premier Ball.
Today, I also got a Dream Ball Clamperl. I'm really happy about this one, since I needed to replace the Clamperl I traded away a few days ago. I've also been trying to get a Clamperl in a pink ball for a while since I'm considering using Gorebyss on USUM and want it to be in a matching ball. I haven't had any luck with swarms on HGSS to get a Love Ball Clamperl, so I'm glad I got this Dream Ball one.

Around Festival Plaza, I did some more missions and requests, which got me to Rank 232. And even though the Global Mission targets have already been reached, I added a couple more points tonight. I found a guest offering a higher rank Gold Rush shop, so I installed it twice and won two Big Nuggets. That brought my contribution to the mission to 3.

Finally, I decided to spend a little time at the Battle Tree. I continued my Super Multis streak using Mega Scizor & Gyarados. I stuck with Grimsley as my partner since I didn't really like the teams my other possible partners had. Anyway, we started on battle 11 IIRC and ended up losing on battle 20 to Cynthia & Sina. I came close to winning, but my Gyarados got knocked out by Hail set up by Sina's Glaceon. I think Sina was the reason I lost my Super Singles streak a while back, too...

Unova Yorker

City Girl
I know this isn't a big deal to most but I completed a regional pokedex for the FIRST TIME!! I've played Pokemon since I was 5 and I've finally done it! Mind you, GTS made it a lot easier. Near the end, I sacrificed a Raikou to get a Weavile because I had one Pokemon left and did NOT want to grind for a Razor Claw. Just beat Alpha Sapphire, so I'll recollect any legendaries I lost.

Scored 1571 on the Weakness cup, better then I thought, but some of those strategies... "Beat up" on Terrakion, I sort of regret switching mine for Tyranitar, but his weakness policy won me a few.

The new tournament looks insane. I had liked the strict rules to limit me so I can learn different stratigies while others had a handicap, but with this one... I don't know if I could keep up with the insanity I'm sure to see.

Anyway, COMPLETE POKEDEX! Very proud. Thanks for reading. =)

Last edited:

Flamer

Competed in the Weakness Cup over the weekend. Already written a pretty extensive post about it in the Weakness Cup thread, but all in all it went well. And more importantly was a lot of fun.

With the competition over I’ve gone back to working on my Akala dex. Took my three strongest Pokemon; Flamer, (Charizard), Mew and Nebby, (Solgaleo) to battle Morimoto, levelling up and evolving Paras and Bounsweet in the process. Leveled up Fromantis too, but it only evolves during the day, so will have to wait till later to evolve it.

Traded the spare Passiman I caught during the Ultra Beast quest for a Oranguru.

Now at 73% completion, so starting to enter the final stretch

Congrats on the completed Pokedex Unova Yorker :)

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I took a break from hatching starters to breed for another Alola form. I decided that I wanted to raise Alolan Muk next, so I stuck this Moon Ball Grimer I transferred from HGSS in the nursery with a Ditto. After around 20 eggs or so, I hatched an A-Grimer with a perfect IV spread. It didn't have my preferred Ability, but I didn't really want to keep hatching eggs and it wasn't that big of a deal (maybe I'll get an Ability Capsule for it later).

Next, I EV trained my Grimer. I messed up a bit since I ended up thinking that I'd maxed out a certain stat when I was really a few EVs short. Fortunately, I had plenty of EV reducing berries, so it was a pretty easy problem to fix. Once I finished, I got Grimer an Effort Ribbon, nicknamed it, and taught it some TMs.

I then went to the Pokemon League to level Grimer up. During the Elite Four fights, it evolved into A-Muk. And since it was the first of the month, I got Faba as my opponent for the final battle. He was the only final trainer I hadn't faced before, so I've now defeated every challenger!

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I didn't really do much today in Sun other than successfully defended my title as champion against Hapu today. The battle was relatively easy for me, since she is a ground type trainer. My Tsareena and Toxapex easily handled her and all of her Pokemon, she was hardly a challenge for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other trainers come to challenge me for my title.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Sun: Since getting my Plaza rank up to 999, I've been trying to keep track of how many times I rank up after at to figure hypothetically what my rank would be if 999 wasn't the limit. I've calculated myself to be at rank 1,114 so far. I've hatched two shiny Cubchoos and raised and hyper trained one of them.

Moon: About to restart my game, so I have nothing to report here.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I went to the Battle Buffet to level up my Muk some more. Muk was able to fight most of the trainers on its own, so it wasn't too tedious to train it. I got it to level 60 before deciding to stop for now, though I'll train it a bit more later.

On the GTS, I got a Chimchar in a Dream Ball! The person I traded with was asking for a Kadabra and I remembered I still had 3 of them from when I was Synchronizing for Natures.
I've been Wonder Trading some more Chikorita, too, but I haven't received any interesting Pokemon in return recently.

Finally, I got my Festival Plaza to Rank 235.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Well, I'm currently chaining for a shiny Rockruff, because it's adorable and shiny Midday Lycanroc is amazing. I broke a chain of 167 last night, and I'm currently sitting at a chain of exactly 151 (cute number, huh?). I've got a Synchronizer, my Gardevoir, to kind of attempt an Adamant nature, but I'm not sure it'll happen. Gosh, this is what, 318 total now? The last time I chained I got the shiny at 96!

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Raising a Frisky Female Brave Trevenant for no particular reason at all. Not even EVing her intentionally, I just like that she goes around frisking Exeggcutes. You frisk those coconuts Trevenant, you frisk them good AND thoroughly.

I also keep getting batteries of Emoglas in Pelago. Like my cart is stuck on some random code that doles out Quirky Emolgas. dunno :/

But I'm just in love with this Trevenant. You don't know how badly I want the thing to be a bit better competitively. Just a bit more in HP, or speed, or even points into one of the defenses, it doesn't even need anymore Att or Sp. Att.

Flamer

Travelled from the ranch to the south of Akala Island to catch a Nosepass and Chinchou. Nosepass was reasonable straightforward. Found one after around 10 encounters, which isn’t too bad. Chinchou on the other hand took ages, to the point I even consulted Serebii’s dex to double check I was fishing in the right spot. I was, just without any luck. Reeled one eventually

I then took a trip into town, (can’t remember what its called, the one on the very south of the island) and bought a few TMs and some new clothes. Don’t come down here very much, so wanted to stock up. Tried the new clothes on, but got bored of them quickly and changed back to my old outfit. Been wearing it for so long anything else looks very out of place now.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've done a lot since my last post:

First, I traded for these starters on the GTS: Nest Ball Chespin, Premier Ball Turtwig, Dream Ball Treecko. I now have all of the Gen 1-6 starters in non-standard Poke Balls!

Then, I hatched some more Pokemon in Apricorn/other interesting balls to send to USUM in the future. I've bred most of the starters I got off the GTS and from Island Scan (have four of my HA starters left to breed IIRC). I bred several of my transferred HGSS Pokemon, too, including a couple of Pokemon in Safari Balls. Also, I hatched six Eevee, half with their HA and half with the regular Abilities.

Next, I've been fighting trainers at the Battle Tree. I spent some time doing Super Doubles first, trying out various Pokemon (including Greninja, Mega Scizor, Garchomp, and Gyarados). My first streak was also my longest at 40 wins. I lost on Battle 41 since my opponent had a Jolteon + Electrode (bad for my Greninja and Gyarados) and a Greninja of their own (bad for my Electric-counter Garchomp). I made some changes to my team after that loss and made another 2-3 streaks, but they only lasted into the 20-30s. My failed streaks did allow me to earn a few hundred Battle Points, though, which I was able to spend on several Mega Stones.

Last night, after getting bored with Super Doubles, I moved to Super Singles. I tried a team of Mega Salamence, Chansey, and Aegislash first. After losing a couple of times, I replaced Aegislash with Mimikyu since Aegislash just wasn't pulling its weight. Mimikyu was a very nice addition to my team due to Disguise and its Fairy typing to take Dragon moves targeted at Salamence. I played with my revised team until I reached 30 wins and decided to stop for the night.

Today, I continued my streak and made it into the 40s quite easily. The only annoying thing I dealt with was some Freeze hax against my Chansey. I eventually made it to Battle 50 and fought Red. My Mega Salamence defeated his Snorlax, but the MVP of the fight was Mimikyu, which took down Lapras and then defeated Mega Venusaur with a crit Shadow Claw.

So, I made it to 50 wins in Super Singles and got the passport stamp!
I hope to get the other stamps eventually, too. I might go back to Super Multis next, since I recruited a few more partners.

Finally, I received my 4000 FC for the recent Global Mission success. I then completed several missions, requests, and trades to level up my Festival Plaza, getting it to Rank 260 in the end.

Unova Yorker

City Girl
I've got a Synchronizer, my Gardevoir, to kind of attempt an Adamant nature, but I'm not sure it'll happen. Gosh, this is what, 318 total now? The last time I chained I got the shiny at 96!

I recently chained a shiny Zubat with an Adamant Synchronized Kadabra and the Zubat ended up being Mild when I finally got one. I'm curious if Synchronize works only for the initial encounter, or if it at least increases the odds of it being the chosen nature.

Currently trained my 40th Pokemon to level 100. I have a bunch I stopped training to level 72. With Two 4 star Kitchens in my plaza, I take the FP I won during missions to grow a Pokemon 7 levels, twice a day, to 86.

Someone wonder traded a shiny Bellsprout, which I trained. Shiny Victreebell looks awesome so it's worth noting.

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
@ Unova Yorker

From what we've read, Synchronize works so long as the Synchro poke is the one out when the partner is called in a SOS. So fainted at the front doesn't work, except for the first encountered Pokémon in the wild. Also, that sucks that someone ran off with your 5V Haunter/Gengar. If you get their FC or handle, post it to the fourms to burn them from here at least.

Unova Yorker

City Girl
@Victreebong

Thanks a lot, that's useful to know. n__n

It's my own fault anyway with the Haunter... I literally JUST joined a forum with plenty of people that would have helped me cross Gengar off my bucket list. He was Japanese, I added him to my VIP as a reminder. My Japanese is a little rusty, but I think his name translated too "Poop Head."

Unova Yorker

City Girl
I just got my Leafeon to level 100. I was debating to make it a thread, but I'm too chicken to create one, being that everything has probably been done.
"Pokemon that you disliked/neutral to until you train them." I thought Leafeon was OKAY and everything, but after using it for a while, I've grown quite attached.

Drapion is another good example. Never liked it, thought it was ugly, especially before Gen 6, looking at it's weird sprite. It's arms sticking out of his head lol. But after using it I really grew to like my weird looking scorpion pet. I feel like a lot of the designs really hit home for me once Pokemon went to 3D. Goodra and Clawitzer are another 2 that I'm finding a lot of fun to use.

Anyway, that's 47 Pokemon that are at level 100 now. I just love that feeling of get it to 100, because then it's DONE. No nagging incomplete feeling, and it's there and ready when I need them. Currently training Galvantula 94, Ferrothorn 91, Clawitzer 97, Haxorus 56, Excadrill 88, Mimikyu 91. I goal is too just have massive variety, experimenting and switching up teams when needed.

EDIT: MEGA LOPONNY!!! I completely forgot, but I freaking love this pokemon! I never thought he would be good! Of course mine's a boy, but he's adorable.

Last edited: