• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Just beat the league for the first time in Sun, my team consisted of

Incineroar lvl 61
Toucannon lvl 58
Lycanroc (Day) lvl 59
Golisopod lvl 58
Kommo-o lvl 58
Sneasel lvl 53

Caught Sneasel on the way to the league and decided to train it to lvl 50.

My Moon team is just starting out, I've reached the trainer school, caught Meowth and Grimer and I've been training them up:
Meowth lvl 13
Grimer lvl 14

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
So I decided to start working on my Pokédex. After a couple of days' worth of catching and evolving, all four island Dexes are now at sixty-some percent.

I also caught Necrozma at Ten Carat Hill, then went to the Altar of the Sunne with my Solgaleo, Nebby (because how could I have named it anything else?), to get Cosmog in the alternate universe. I spent several minutes SRing for a good Nature and IVs, and after a dozen or so tries it was Modest with spectacular IVs in everything but Attack! I'm planning to eventually have my sister evolve it into Lunala on her copy of Moon.

After catching all the Pokémon I could find for my Dex, I bred some Popplio to put on the GTS for things I can't find, and am planning to catch some Sun version-exclusives to trade for their Moon counterparts.

Current Location:
Mount Lanakila, planning to defend my title again

Current Team:
Monarch (Zygarde 50%) lv. 79
Blackbird (Mismagius) lv. 79
Angua (Lycanroc Midday) lv. 80
Azazel (Salandit) lv. 80
Sakura (Lurantis) lv. 80
Nixie (Primarina) lv. 86

ebevan91

Since I became the Champion last night, I've been trying to capture some Abras (or Pokemon in its egg group), mainly Adamant, Jolly, Modest, and Timid ones. No success yet.

The amount Abras popping out of Pokeballs and teleporting away is too damn high. Not POKEBALL Pokeballs, but like, Quick Balls and Ultra Balls. I do love this feature where you can view the Pokemon's summary before adding it to the party or banishing it to the PC forever.

Last edited:

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sun: Went to the Dimensional Research Lab, met Professor Burnet and learned a bit more about how Lillie ended up currently living with Kukui and so on. Afterwards, I began making my way through the Diglett tunnel, fighting the trainers, gathering items and having an encounter with Team Skull. Got to the end of the tunnel, and made my way to Konikoni City. Bought some new clothes for my player character, and I'm pretty pleased with what I've got for her so far. Went to look for Olivia, but instead received a letter from her Probopass, telling me where to meet her. So, I made my way towards Memorial Hill, and began exploring the area.

I also upgraded Poké Pelago, adding the berry island and upgrading the island with the beanstalk. Making my way through Memorial Hill, I helped two Aether Foundation members save a Slowpoke from Team Skull. As I approached the gate to the next trial, I encountered Plumeria and had a battle against her. My Meowth finally reached level 30 and learned Pay Day, so I finally let her evolve. Soon, I will face my next trial in my island challenge.

Current team:

Minami (Brionne F - Level 33)
Arlene (Persian F - Level 30)
Raiden (Pikachu M - Level 30)
Vulcan (Growlithe M - Level 30)
Snoozer (Snorlax M - Level 29)
Egg

Kalosian

So long
Today, I started by going out to Route 5. On the part of the Route I could explore during this point in the game, I defeated several trainers, found some items and caught a Metapod. Also met Hau again, as well as Gladion, who I hadn't met before. He challenged me to a battle and I won. I find it interesting that he was using Type: Null in battle. He left together with some other members of Team Skull who appeared, though it seems like Gladion doesn't stand very high in the ranks of Team Skull which I found surprising.

I continued to the Brooklet Hill. There, I met one of the Trial Captains. Not Mallow, but another girl named Lana. Blue hair? That's awesome. She asked me to help her with something. I followed her and we arrived at a small lake, she asked me to go out and see what was causing the big splash out there. She gave me the ability to ride on Lapras to travel over water, which is really cool.

Explored the rest of the Hill, battled some trainers, picked up items as well as caught Surskit, Poliwag, Psyduck, Morelull and Wishiwashi. The Wishiwashi were the one trying to cause some kind of trouble, it seemed. At the end of the Hill, I met Lana again and got to enter a portal. Turns out we were at another Trial Site. Time for a new Trial.

The concept was simple, I had to surf out and defeat the Pokemon causing trouble in the water. But doing it was harder. The Pokemon turned out to be the stronger form of Wishiwashi, it was hard to defeat, the battle took a while. The fact that it got help from the Alomomola it summoned made it even harder. It managed to defeat both Mudbray and Trumbeak, but Brionne managed to beat it in the end. For beating it, I got the Waterium Z and a Fishing Rod from Lana. Decided to give the Waterium to Brionne, I think all of my team members are going to have a Z-Crystal of the same type as one of their types once I have found all of the Z-Crystals. Tried the Water-type Z-Move and it is really cool, plus pretty strong since Brionne knows Water Pledge. I found the TM for Scald here and I have considered teaching it to Brionne but I'm not sure, keeping Water Pledge for now.

Before leaving the Hill, I tried a little bit of fishing. It has changed since Gen 6, but is it for better or worse? Time will tell... Managed to find and catch Magikarp, Goldeen and Alomomola. Then I was about to leave, but before leaving, the egg I had received hatched... into an Eevee! Not bad. Though I won't use it for anything. Left afterwards, and now, I could go down to Route 6. The Sudowoodo blocking the way didn't want to get in the way of my new Powers. On Route 6, I battled all trainers, picked up items and caught an Oricorio. While I already had one, I wanted to catch one in this form too. I think I'll catch one on each new Island. I also ran into Team Skull here again, they had tried to steal a Drifloon from someone (a kid, as I later found out). I beat them together with some purple-headed girl whose name I can't remember. She had a Mudsdale, anyway.

Could continue either south or east from here, decided to wait with going south so I headed east for now. Arrived at the Royal Avenue. Explored it, took part in the Battle Royal Dome with Hau, Gladion and a Masked man. I thought about trying a real Battle Royal as well, but decided not to since it seemed to be a Battle Facility kind of thing, and I'm not ready for that quite yet. Tomorrow, I'll continue by going north to Route 7. Feels like I didn't get much further in the game today, even if I did get a few things done. I had hoped to get another team member today, but no. Hopefully tomorrow.

Team:
729.png
- level 23
732.png
- level 23
749.png
- level 24

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sun: Headed to the ruins, where I met up with Lillie. After a brief conversaton about Nebby and the ruins, Olivia showed up. I accepted Olivia's challenge, and began the Grand Trial. I won the battle, clearing the Grand Trial and earning my next Z-Crystal. Minami also evolved into a Primarina after the battle. I think I will go around and do some more stuff before making my way towards my next destination.

Current team:

Minami (Primarina F - Level 34)
Snoozer (Snorlax M - Level 30)
Arlene (Persian F - Level 30)
Raiden (Pikachu M - Level 30)
Vulcan (Growlithe M - Level 30)
Egg

Finished the game yesterday (?), not getting a chance to touch it on Saturday due to work. Caught Solgaleo with a Quick Ball after hours of soft resetting for Adamant I gave up and just accepted the indifferent Hardy. Some weird stuff went on with Lusamine...

Anyway, I battled Gladion at the base of Mount Lanakila, OHKOing most of his team, and did the same to Hau shortly thereafter! Took on the E4 soon enough, with Olivia proving my greatest challenge (after all, it was a Carbink in this game that was the first Pokémon to take me out and send me back to Nurse Joy, and it almost happened again here!).

And then...the Champion. Music gave me goosebumps, and the battle was the greatest and most enjoyable battle I think I've ever had in a game before (yes, even beating out Red in HGSS!). The battle came down to me, my Incineorar, and them and their Braviary and Magnezone. Took out Braviary upon arrival (already below half health), but it set up Tailwind, meaning the next two Thunderbolts Magnezone let off were before my super effective moves, and, what with Sturdy, it proved interesting. Both in red health, we both decided to use Full Restores, before I used Flamethrower (Tailwind effects rescinded by now) followed by Magnezone using Thunderbolt, which was a critical hit, taking me to just below half health! And then I used Flare Blitz, finishing Magnezone and leaving my trusty partner with only 31HP!

Great credits, great story, I thoroughly enjoyed this game, and it's more than befitting of any 20th Anniversary celebration! Almost had me in tears - almost...

Now entering the post-game, with my team upon completion (and in order of capture) being:
• Incineroar Lv 61
• Toucannon Lv 59
• Raichu Lv 58
• Lycanroc Lv 58
• Ninetales Lv 57
• Kommo-o Lv 52

Retiring this team save for my trusty Incineroar, with my outlined team being Incineroar, Ash-Greninja, Trevenant, Zygarde, Solgaleo and Silvally (Fairy). Going to try to tackle the UB's first, followed by some training (new team drastically underlevelled for Red!) and PokéDex work and then shifting towards 100% Zygarde, Battle Tree and competitive play. Bye for now Recent Happenings Thread, it's been a pleasure!

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught a bruxish on the secluded shore by going back to the route several times. Next I got to Tapu village and caught everything. It took forever to find a sandshrew >.> after that I got to the thrifty megamart and beat the totem mimikyu. It wasn't to hard. Finally I caught everything and went back to the Aether house. Current team
Jonathan the Primarina lv 36
Kuwagata the chargabug lv 34
Iwanu the lycanroc lv 34
Hana the lurantis lv 35
Sandoku the salazzle lv 37

Last edited:

ebevan91

Just running around collecting the remaining Zygarde Cells. I have 40 left. This is going to take a while. Got tired of doing UB missions (I'm on the 4th one now) so I'll probably wait a couple of days before continuing that.

Ajduk

Stuck at the entrance to the Battle Tree.
I can't beat Blue/Red. It can't be done. No matter how much I level up my pokemon (all are lvl 70 at the moment) they still beat me.
Whenever I get the upper hand their pokemon magically drops to 1 hp instead of dropping dead and sweeps my entire team.
Machamp, a pokemon that barely has any speed, outspeeds my entire team.

I can't beat Blue/Red. It can't be done. No matter how much I level up my pokemon (all are lvl 70 at the moment) they still beat me.
Whenever I get the upper hand their pokemon magically drops to 1 hp instead of dropping dead and sweeps my entire team.

SPOILER ALERT
no this isn't actually really a spoiler

All of Red's Pokémon have max IV's iirc from the data leaks...

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'

What is your team that you're having this much trouble? My pokemon were slightly underleveled and I still managed to beat Blue. Have you maxed out their affection through refresh? The benefits are true livesavers!

Ajduk

What is your team that you're having this much trouble? My pokemon were slightly underleveled and I still managed to beat Blue. Have you maxed out their affection through refresh? The benefits are true livesavers!

Lvl 71 Incineroar, Lvl 70 Gyarados, Lvl 74 lurantis, lvl 70 hakamo-o, lvl 70 alolan raichu, lvl 72 Snorlax

Something goes wrong every single time.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
In Pokemon Sun, much as I did in Pokemon Moon, I started out in Route 2, having just completed Ilima's Trial. Before heading onward, I snagged both Berry piles (one at the Berry Farm, and the other just outside the Pokemon Center on Route 2), and the one on Route 2 gave me a Crabrawler. This is a good thing, because Crabrawler, along with Rockruff, was a Pokemon that I didn't have a breeder version of. I only had the one in my current Moon party. With that done, I moved onto Route 3, dodging the bird shadows, and reached Melemele Meadow. I rescued Nebby again, grabbed a Yellow Nectar, and cleared all of Route 3 of the Trainers, including the Red Card Trainer. Up next was Kahuna Hala, and his Grand Trial.

I started the battle with Crabrawler, and used Z-Leer. This boosted my attack by one stage, while reducing his Mankey's defense by one stage. Second turn, he hits me with Brick Break, and does about a third of Crabrawler's health in damage. But, my Crabrawler took advantage of the stat changes, and one-shot Mankey with his own Brick Break. Part 2 of the battle pitted his Makuhita up against my Adorabuzz. I had a complete type advantage against him, but the RNG wasn't in my favor as I missed my initial Stun Spore, letting him build up Accuracy Drops against me turn after turn. I eventually switched into Trumbeak, and used Pluck to take out his Makuhita. Part 3 of the battle was my Adorabuzz, with her stats completely reset, up against his Crabrawler. This time, things went according to plan. First turn got the Paralysis, and the next two turns, Draining Kiss until he went down. Grand Trial Complete, and the Fightinium-Z is mine.

This unlocked the Tauros Charge, and like I did in Moon, I made an entire lap around the island, cracking rocks and grabbing items and Pokemon. This also means that Ten Carat Hill was unlocked. Unlike I did in Moon, however, I captured two Rockruffs. The first was one that I stored away for my catalog (when the bank updates in January). The second was far more of a challenge than I'd like to admit. Finding it was a right pain in the butt. Since my Rockruff in Moon was male, I wanted a female one for Sun. I kept finding Roggenrolas and Machops. Eventually when I found a Rockruff, it was male. This went on for about another 45 minutes until I finally found a female one at level 12. I finally caught it in a Luxury Ball, but that's when I found out that it didn't have Tackle. Rather, it's only offensive move was Bite. This wasn't much of a problem, though, since at level 15, it learned Rock Throw. I power leveled the rest of the team to match my levels in Pokemon Moon, and headed for Hau'oli City.

I've officially completed Melemele Island in both Sun and Moon. I'm ready to move onto the next island, and my next set of Trials! Here are my teams for both Sun and Moon:

723.png
Archer ♂ (Lv. 18)
742.png
Adorabuzz ♀ (Lv. 17)
744.png
Loba ♀ (Lv. 17)

732.png
Trumbeak ♂ (Lv. 17)
736.png
Grubbin ♂ (Lv. 17)
739.png
Crabrawler ♂ (Lv. 18)

729.png
Aria ♀ (Lv. 18)
732.png
Crest ♂ (Lv. 18)
739.png
Balboa ♂ (Lv. 17)
744.png
Zero ♂ (Lv. 17)

736.png
Grubbin ♂ (Lv. 17)
742.png
Cutiefly ♂ (Lv. 17)

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I began Sun version this afternoon and after the first cut-scene I arrived in Iki town on Melemele island. I spoke with professor Kukui and next I followed him through Route 1 of the island. :]
- I learned about the island's guardian and as I went searching for the Kahuna, I spotted a girl who was attacked and then somehow in the chaos I ended up being saved by Tapu Koko.
- After getting the Sparkling Stone at the Mahalo Trial and learning Lillie's identity, Kukui let me choose my starter hee hee. I chose Litten and received the Pokedex and Trainer Passport.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Since I pretty much beat Moon already just have to train to take on the league I went to Target to buy a physical copy of Sun today and I started playing it.

I chose to play as the boy this time around. After saving Nebby from the Spearow, Lilllie and I went back to Iki Town and I was finally able to pick my partner Pokemon, Litten, which I nicknamed Blackjack, before Hau came on and challenged me to a battle against him and his Rowlet. After beating Hau, I went back to my house.

Professor Kukui let himself into the house again rude and told me to meet him on Route 1, where he showed me how to catch Pokemon before he went to Iki Town. I caught several different Pokemon, such as Pikipek, Ledyba, Yungoose, and Caterpie. I also caught a Grubbin, which I nicknamed Vikibolt, and it is going to be joining my team.

Current Team:
Blackjack (Litten - LV 9)
Vikibolt (Grubbin - LV4)

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Having retained my honour as champion of Alola, I was wiped out several times trying to get to the battle tree and only just beat Red having exhausted my supplies. Thinking I had surpassed the highest of challenges, I promptly took on the Battle Tree and lost within the first round. Talk about underprepared!

As it stands now, my current team will have to enjoy their retirement in Poke Pelago, with only Greninja staying in the squad on account of being decently fast to escape from battles.

Current team:
Greninja Level 70
Incineroar Level 66 (r)
Vikivolt Level 63 (r)
Shiinotic Level 67(r)
Mudsdale Level 63 (r)
Passimian Level 66 (t)

Passimian was traded away for a Moon exclusive Oranguru. Considering the success of this trade, I pondered breeding my Turtonator to see what else I could obtain. It turns out my Turtonator eggs not only got me a Drampa and Alolan Sandshrew, but also a Rowlet, Popplio and even a Lunala!

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sun: Went to the resort where Faba wanted me to meet him, and he brought me and Hau over to see the Aether Paradise. Met with Wicke, who showed us the different floors of the place. Eventually found and met with Lusamine, the leader of the organization. Something seems a little off about her... Suddenly, the Ultra Wormhole opened up, and an Ultra Beast emerged from it. Managed to scare it off, with Lusamine expressing quite the interest in it... Definitely something going on here. Wicke sent me and Hau off to the next island where our next trials await, and gave me the TM for Psychic. Upon arriving at Ula' Ula Island, Hau challenged me to a battle.

Won the battle, and now it's time to begin exploring this new area.

Current team:

Minami (Primarina F - Level 35)
Arlene (Persian F - Level 32)
Snoozer (Snorlax M - Level 31)
Raiden (Pikachu M - Level 31)
Vulcan (Growlithe M - Level 31)
Egg

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Beat Lusamine, captured Solgaleo, and beat Galdion and Hau. Holy crap Hau's Raichu must have max speed or something. My lvl 60 Ninetales has 147 speed and still couldn't outrun it. Well, glad it's over now.

Incineroar lvl 57
Raichu lvl 56
Dugtrio lvl 56
Ninetales lvl 60
Pelipper lvl 54
Kommo-o lvl 56

I want Incineroar, Raichu, and Dugtrio to reach lvl 60 before entering the Elite Four. Kommo-o to reach lvl 59 (maybe 60) and Pelipper to be lvl 56 or 57. Looks like I got some grinding to do!

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sun: Explored Malie City, beginning with the park where I met up with Kukui. Received some new objectives, and then explored the rest of the city before heading to the library with Lillie. I also met Samson Oak. At the library, he gave me a Love Ball after I showed him my Persian, and then I went upstairs where Lillie and I met Acerola and read a book about the legendary Pokémon of Alola. I am now at Route 10, heading for my next challenge, I guess. I met a lady near the entrance who asked for my assistance in tracking down her missing Stufful, so I guess I'll help her look for them.

Current team:

Minami (Primarina F - Level 35)
Arlene (Persian F - Level 32)
Raiden (Pikachu M - Level 32)
Vulcan (Growlithe M - Level 32)
Snoozer (Snorlax M - Level 31)
Egg