• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

As a note, Meowth only evolves if it has a high friendship. I didn't realize that personally until my Meowth got to level 32 and still hadn't evolved!

I actually was confused by that myself. I looked it up myself, but thank you very much for the info! I was just more amazed that, with so much running about and battling, that none of them had evolved.

From where I left off yesterday, I ran thru Aether Paradise and Vast Poni Canyon, caught a Jangmo-o for my team to replace Heidi the Dugtrio, caught Solgaleo, and prepared to challenge the league. While I was levelling up my underlevelled Kommo-o, I ran into a full-odds shiny Raticate! It's a lovely maroon color. I didn't nickname it, tho. I also went and captured at least 50 Pokémon to unlock the Lucky Egg, but it's post-game only, sadly.

The league was pretty easy with almost all my team in the early 60's. Even my slightly underlevelled Kommo-o had little trouble with the few battles in which I called upon his strength. After the festival cutscene, I KO'd Tapu Koko to be able to catch him later once I've prepared more. After the credits rolled, I met what I think was Looker in one of his expert-level disguises, asking me to start the UBs post-game arc. I ignored his summons and headed to Poni Island, where I roflstomped thru the post-game bits and left before entering the Battle Tree. I'll take on Red's team once I'm a MUCH higher level. I also got the event Magearna last night, since it only unlocks once you become champion.

I'm currently saved at Seafolk Village. Current team:

Kuwanger the Vikavolt, Lv.68
Succubus the Salazzle, Lv.68
Toukitouki the Toucannon, Lv.66
Ash-Greninja, Lv.73
Legolas the Decidueye, Lv.66
Xerxes the Kommo-o, Lv.63

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
I took a break for a while, but I started playing again and decided to train up a few pokemon so they are on par with the rest. When I did that, I explored Poni Wilds, caught a few things, and beat all the Trainer's there. We then went into Ancient Poni Path and met Hapu at her house. She told us where to go to reach the Ruins of Hope, which is the island Guardian's turf. She set off afterwards. Before heading out ourselves, Hapu's grandmother surprised Lillie and advised that i'll need some aid if I want to go further, so she updated my Ride pager with, of all things, a Machamp! Surely its awesome strength can move aside the heaviest of obstacles! I made a quick run through Poni Breaker Coast and into the ruins.

Mudsdale and Lillie were already there. Why were we even at this foreboding place? Lillie thinks that Tapu Fini might be able to do something to help Nebby. I wonder if that will work...Anyway the way was blocked, but my new Machamp mount was able to open the way for us. In the chamber following, the Guardian wasn't there, but Hapu was. And she was given a Sacred Relic! With it, she has become the Island Kahuna! Celebrations aside, she recommended we check Eggxecutor Island for the Sun Flute. She took Lillie back to Seafolk Village, I made a few stops on the other Islands before meeting them.

After getting the greenlight from the Chief, he gave as a ride to Eggxecutor Island. In the first moments, Lillie found out first hand why exactly it's called that. A wild Alolan Eggxecutor appeared! Did I mention they are SOOOO tall? They are much different than ones you see elsewhere. After toppling it, Lillie sort of had a laugh about it. But then it started to rain, so we ran for cover...Lillie confided in me about the past, as well as the future. When it stopped raining, we went up the hill and retrieved the Sun Flute. That was much simpler than I expected!

Back in Seafolk, the Chief suggested that I venture into Vast Poni Canyon for my next move. I'd better be sure i'm ready before we make the trek, so i'll take a break...

Dizzy the Primarina, Lv. 48
Eversnooze the Komala, lv 46
D.Hoof Jack the Mudsdale, lv 47
Flaredo the Arcanine, Lv 43
Maui the (PomPom) Oricorio, Lv 49
Parasprite the Ribombee, Lv. 41

Kalosian

So long
Started today by trying something I hadn't done before, which was to do a Mission in Festival Plaza. It was quite okay, a little similar to the Funfest Missions from B2/W2. Though I guess it will be more fun if you play together with someone either through Wireless or Online (depending on what is possible), so I'll wait with doing more Missions until later on. Continued with the actual game instead, entered Seafolk Village once more and sailed to Exeggutor Island together with Lillie. There, the first Pokemon I met was an Exeggutor. But I failed at catching it since it was quite strong and died from Wood Hammer recoil. Instead, I managed to catch the second one I met, as well as an Exeggcute. We found the Moon Flute on the Island, then we left.

Next up, we were headed for the Vast Poni Canyon. On our way there, we ran into Team Skull again. I battled some grunts, then Plumeria appeared. The scene here was rather sweet, I thought. She gave me the Poisonium Z. I suppose I could use it on Salandit but I'll let it continue holding the Firium Z for now, Fire feels like the better out of the two types. Entered the Canyon, and inside of it, we met Hapu again. Now, she wanted to battle me for the Grand Trial. This was surprising since I haven't really done anything on this Island yet, haven't even tried the regular Trial. But okay, let's go. She turned out to be quite tough... her strongest Pokemon was at level 48, my own team was at level 44-45 at this point. The level curve, or rather the difficulty curve, is a bit weird, at least it feels so at times. Though I'm playing with the Exp. Share turned off so I guess it's partly my own fault. Not to mention I hadn't even caught my final team member yet, how would it have been if I had done that, I wonder. Might just have to grind my team a bit more soon, we'll see.

Anyway, I managed to beat Hapu, but it was not all easy. For beating her, I got the Groundium Z, which I immediately gave to my Mudsdale. It needed this, now it can unleash a powerful Ground-type Z-move which I tried in my next battle. Hapu left, Lillie and I continued traveling through the Canyon. I picked up some items, battled some trainers and caught some Pokemon: Boldore, Machoke, Murkrow and Lycanroc. I was surprised to see it in its Midday form, thought it would be found in the Midnight form only as I am playing Moon, though it was daytime (in the game) so that was apparently the reason why. More importantly, I found and caught my final team member, a Jangmo-o. So happy to finally get it. Finding it didn't take very long either.

Left the Canyon for now and started training Jangmo-o. It gained a level and evolved into Hakamo-o. I also played with it a little in Refresh, it has reached 2 hearts so far. Decided to not do anything more today, going to continue tomorrow, will train Hakamo-o even further and then I'll continue with the journey.

Team:
730.png
- level 46
733.png
- level 46
750.png
- level 46
758.png
- level 46
763.png
- level 46
783.png
- level 42

Last edited:

Flamer

After defeating Kahuna Olivia, I made my way over to the grand resort to meet the professor. There, myself and Hau were offered a tour of Ather Island. We hopped aboard a very swish looking boat and set sail.

The island was very strange. The Aether foundation claimed it was a conservation area for Pokemon, but the whole thing felt a little off. Few too many labs and restricted areas for my liking. Our tour guide was very nice, but have my suspisons about the president. Definitely be interesting to see how this develops.

While we were there, a portal to the Ultra dimension opened up, and out came a Ultra Beast. Despite being a good 5 levels lower than my Pokemon, it was extremely tough to battle. Took out Foxy, (Growlithe) almost instantly, and was making fairly short work of Swing, (Passimian) before it fled.

With the battle complete, we were dropped off at the next island and told to go find the professor in a nearby garden

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The SOS battles make it super easy to catch shiny pokemon I've caught 15 that way & 1 I just into and I'm workworking on my 17th shiny total and working on the 16th SOS shiny
I find it a huge Struggle to even get one.

I did catch a 4 (seemingly) perfect IV Exeggcute, but it's Impish. It may make a good breeder.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Last time, I had completed Sophocles's Trial of Electricity, and obtained my Electrium-Z and Steelium-Z. I was also given the "Professor's Mask", that I was supposed to return.

Up next, I had to head back to Malie Garden. Much to my surprise, I saw two Team Skull Grunts messing with Professor Kukui. Of course, the dear old professor was unfazed by their posturing, and challenged them to a Battle Royal. Of course, before they could initiate, their boss, Guzma, showed up and challenged Kukui to a one on one. Instead of taking on Guzma himself, Kukui let me take him on. The battle was easy as pie. I utterly destroyed Guzma with little more than a few turns.

After the fight, Guzma and his cronies bailed. That done, I handed over the mask to Kukui, and in exchange for services rendered, he gave me the Decidium-Z in Sun, as I had chosen a Rowlet, and the Primarium-Z in Moon, as I had chosen Popplio.

It was now time for me to go to Route 11, which held a new Pokemon for me: Komala. I caught it in Moon, to make up for all seven of the Minior that I caught in Sun. I beat a few trainers, and it was onto Route 12 next. Shortly into the route, Hapu met me and registered Mudsdale in my Ride Pager, which now allows me to cross rocky paths. I beat down a bunch of trainers, but this area held three new Pokemon for me to catch. Up first was the Alolan Geodude, which was on Route 12 proper. However, a very small adjacent route called Blush Mountain held two more that I wanted to catch: Togedemaru and Turtonator. I caught a Togedemaru in Moon, and boxed it. However, Turtonator is a Sun exclusive, so I had to focus on it in Sun.

Also, both of those Pokemon are the final two members of my final team in Sun. I caught another Togedemaru and two Turtonators (one for my Bank and one for my party). Both are female, and the Togedemaru is named Penny, while the Turtonator is named Shelley.

I'm now working on leveling up Penny and Shelley to my average party level of 40. Here are my current teams.

724.png
decidiumz.png
Archer ♂ (Lv. 40)
Razor Leaf • Spirit Shackle • Pluck • Synthesis
743.png
grassiumz.png
Adorabuzz ♀ (Lv. 40)
Pollen Puff • Dazzling Gleam • Absorb • Stun Spore
745.png
rockiumz.png
Loba ♀ (Lv. 40)
Rock Slide • Crunch • Accelerock • Howl
752.png
wateriumz.png
Mortimer ♂ (Lv. 40)
Bubble Beam • Leech Life • Crunch • Aqua Ring
776.png
firiumz.png
Shelley ♀ (Lv. 34)
Flamethrower • Body Slam • Brutal Swing • Iron Defense
777.png
electriumz.png
Penny ♀ (Lv. 34)
Zing Zap • Gyro Ball • Thief • Nuzzle

730.png
primariumz.png
Aria ♀ (Lv. 40)
Sparkling Aria • Disarming Voice • Hyper Voice • Baby-Doll Eyes
733.png
fightiniumz.png
Crest ♂ (Lv. 40)
Beak Blast • Brick Break • Bullet Seed • Roost
739.png
fightiniumz.png
Balboa ♂ (Lv. 40)
Brick Break • Crabhammer • Dizzy Punch • Power-Up Punch
745-m.png
rockiumz.png
Zero ♂ (Lv. 40)
Rock Slide • Brick Break • Crunch • Stealth Rock
758.png
firiumz.png
Princess ♀ (Lv. 40)
Flame Burst • Venoshock • Toxic • Nasty Plot
763.png
grassiumz.png
Diva ♀ (Lv. 40)
Trop Kick • Stomp • Teeter Dance • Aromatic Mist

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught the final official ultra beast. Even though it had a high catch rate it was still pretty tough to catch. I also got the earthquake tm. After that I caught Tapu leelee and Tapu bulu. I tride to catch Tapu fini but it wouldn't be caught and I accidentally killed it >.>

iggy the skorupi

Been working carefully through a moon nuzlocke, only to randomly encounter a shiny snorunt, with no shiny charm or sos battle. Just a straight up random encounter. Caught it, making it the fourth shiny I have ever caught outside of event and G/S red gyrados. Need a little planning and training before taking on the ghost trial.
Team:
Jade the decideye, lvl 40
Wolfenstien the lycanroc, lvl 38
Fuego the arcanine, lvl 34
Depthcharge the lanturn, lvl 33
Razor the shelgon, lvl 32
Hyou Oni the *snorunt, lvl 31

Last edited:

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I bred a couple of Eevee, one Adamant and one Timid, for future use as Synchronizers; they're currently off at Isle Avue because I didn't want to bother using faster but harder methods for upping friendship. With that done, I went to the Ruins of Conflict with Cassius the Jolly Umbreon as my lead to try and catch Tapu Koko. It took many Timer Balls, but I managed it (its name is Uila), and got Jolly and good IVs on the first try. I'd been expecting to need to SR a few times for that. I also managed to snag a Celesteela and Pheromosa off the GTS, so that's another step towards completing my Dex, which is now missing 12-ish Pokémon as caught and only two –*Politoed and Lunala – as seen.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Been a while since my last post, huh? Yeah, I misplaced my gameboy but I found it today while I was cleaning so I decided to play a bit of Sun and got so much done today.

I made my way onto Route 3 and caught some Pokemon as well as battling the first two trainers there. Blackjack evolved into Torrocat and after I started to head over to the Melemele Meadow where Lillie was and she told me Nebby wandered off. I caught an Oricoro, which I nicknamed Oreo since it is going to be joining my team, before finally reaching Nebby and bringing it back to where Lillie was waiting. After Lillie left, I stayed back in Melemele Meadow to see what else was in the area but found nothing significant so I left.

After I came out, Lillie and I met up with Hau again, who challenged me to a battle. Blackjack and Oreo handled Hau's Pikachu and Rowlet with no problems whatsoever. After defeating Hau, Professor Kukui came and told me that since I cleared the trial, I could now face Hala so I made my way back towards Iki Town but not before battling the remaining trainers on Route 3.

Once I reached Iki Town, I made my way towards where Hala was waiting and we started battling. I beat Hala with no problems thanks to my Oricoro and got the ride pager and the Fightinum Z Crystal from him and well as the False Swipe TM from Professor Kukui, who also to,d me to meet him at Hau'oli City but first, I decided to stop at some areas that were not accessible without Tauros Charge. I got some nice items and I also picked the TM's for Acrobatics, Infestation, and Thief. While in Ten Carrot Hill, I caught a Rockruff and showed it's PokeDex entry to the Tourist on Route 3 and got 3K for it, which is not a bad deal, if I do say so myself. I'm debating on if I want it to my team but for now, I put it away in the PC.

Once I returned to Hau'oli City, I made my way towards Illima's house and got the chance to battle him. It was not an easy battle but I did manage to defeat him.

After, I started to make my way over to Hau'oli Marina where Professor Kukui, Lillie, and Hau were waiting for me.

Current Team:
Blackjack (Torrocat - LV. 18)
Vikibolt (Grubbin - LV. 18)
Oreo (Oricoro - LV. 17)

I took on the post-game story today, catching all the UBs and raising up a Bruxish I fished up for my team. I got lucky and found an Adamant one straight away, however, Bruxish does NOT get Ice Fang via level-up, so I had to obtain a Gyarados and teach it Ice Fang to breed a new Bruxish, which I took to the Battle Buffet, to Heahea City to fight GF Morimoto, and to the league, to level it up closer to the rest of my team's levels. Since the credits no longer roll every time you beat the league, and it sets you right out front of the league building instead of teleporting you home, it makes it much faster and easier to spam the league to grind out tons of levels.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started off teaching Squishy Gyro Ball, since its the only Steel type move it can learn. Then i took Squishy to the Secluded Shore to train. Once he was at level 30, i headed off to the Aether House. Learned about the Trail at Thrifty Megamart and headed for route 14. Turned on the EXP share again and headed inside. Owl handled all the ghosts quite easy with Shadow Claw. Totem Mimikyu was just as easy as the rest thanks to Sinister Arrow Raid. After the Trail was over i caught two Haunters. One for the trainer in Tapu Village, and the other for the GTS. On the GTS I Asked for a Gengar for my Haunter. I also caught a Mimikyu to add to my Poke Pelego. Back at the Aether House, Snowball burried Plumeria's pokemon under a pile of rocks. Skipped most of the trainers on route 15 because why not. Created 10% Zygarde on route 16 to put me at the 30 i needed for the Pelego. Developed Isle Aphun and upgraded Abeens to rank 3. None of the wild pokemon from Isle Abeens have joined my team yet for some reason. Collected some Red nectar on my way through Ula'ula Meadow, even though i dont have an Oricorio. After a useless trip to Lake of the Moone, i made it to Po town. Rumble handled the Grunts at the entrance no problem. Taught Squishy Poison Jab to replace Gyro Ball, since hes faster than most pokemon anyway. Got to the Shady House, but couldnt figure out how to pass the password guard.

Team
Owl - Decidueye lvl 36
Classic - Raticate lvl 36
Snowball - Lycanroc lvl 36
Rumble - Bewear lvl 36
Mars - Clefairy lvl 35
Squishy - Togedemaru 35

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I've been trying to get past Blue and Red but not having any luck so i've been trying to fill up my Pokedex.

I just got an Axew from the Island scanner, and i just hatched my Snivy so overall today hasn't been a total loss.

Next stop Emolga hunting, wish me luck.

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
Ah yeah I spent six hours looking for a pichu and I was getting annoyed but I never gave up bcuz it was worth it in the end my pichu is a boy and has its hidden ability. And yeah they do gang up I'm currently shiny hunting morelull and they do flash sleep powder and have effect spore so my fearow is Having fun and what game r u playing I'm in moon and i completed my pokedex abt 3-5 days ago and could help u out with some evolutions and could trade u jolly,modest,adamant,and timid synchronize Abras if u would like my fc is 0860-3806-9957

I bred a couple of Eevee, one Adamant and one Timid, for future use as Synchronizers; they're currently off at Isle Avue because I didn't want to bother using faster but harder methods for upping friendship. With that done, I went to the Ruins of Conflict with Cassius the Jolly Umbreon as my lead to try and catch Tapu Koko. It took many Timer Balls, but I managed it (its name is Uila), and got Jolly and good IVs on the first try. I'd been expecting to need to SR a few times for that. I also managed to snag a Celesteela and Pheromosa off the GTS, so that's another step towards completing my Dex, which is now missing 12-ish Pokémon as caught and only two –*Politoed and Lunala – as seen.

I have an extra lunala if u would like it

Last edited by a moderator:

Drummerdude

After training Dewpider a bit I headed into the second trial and defeated the Totem Wishiwashi with Dartrix single-handedly. With the Waterium-Z I was able to make the Sudowoodo move and take part in the Royale Arena. Next up was Welewele Volcano where Dewpider evolved into Araquanid! I spent about 2 hours here looking for a female Salandit before giving up and taking on the third trial which Mudbray won in a single attack against the Totem Salazzle. I headed north to Route 8 and caught 2 Stufful's....both were Modest. I decided to go hatch some Stufful and settled on an Impish one. I returned to Route 8 and battled trainers and wild Pokemon to train my Stufful and managed to randomly encounter a female Salandit here. I caught it and then took a break after a surprisingly tough battle against a Scientist and his fossil Pokemon.

723.png
Lv25
749.png
Lv26
752.png
Lv25
759.png
Lv16
757.png
Lv20

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
SOS shiny hunts

I finally found the grubbin I was hunting now I'm currently hunt morelull and it's a pain the grubbin took abt 4 hours and I killed 229 grubbing before a shiny appeared so far I've killed 63 morelull

I find it a huge Struggle to even get one.

I did catch a 4 (seemingly) perfect IV Exeggcute, but it's Impish. It may make a good breeder.

It is i was hunting adehlmise and it struggled and fainted bcuz it wouldn't call or when it did nothing came to help

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalosian

So long
Started by training Hakamo-o a bit further. Gave it the Fighting Z-Crystal since it is a Fighting-type and I don't have the Dragon-type Z-Crystal yet. Went to the new Nugget Bridge and beat the trainers on it, though it wasn't very interesting since they were at low levels and used uninteresting Pokemon. At least I got a Big Nugget afterwards. I recently also learned that some Trial Captains can be rebattled, so I decided to give it a try. Went to Melemele and found Ilima, got to rebattle him though he was very easy as his Pokemon was at low levels. I also battled Lana and her little sisters at Akala, they were easy too. I have read that Mallow can be rebattled as well but I'm waiting with her until later. Wish the game had given some hints for this as I would have liked to get it done earlier, will try and get it done earlier in Sun later on when I play through it.

The training continued, I battled wild Pokemon, managed to catch a Gastrodon while training on Exeggutor Island. Hakamo-o eventually reached level 45 and evolved into Kommo-o. It is really cool and strong. This means all members of my team now are fully evolved. In addition to that, I continued playing with it in Refresh until it got to 5 hearts, now all members of my team have 5 hearts there as well. Trained Kommo-o and the other members of the team until they got to level 47, then I continued with the story.

Went back to Vast Poni Canyon, battled more trainers, picked up more items and caught a Sableye. I met the Train Captain Mina, an interesting character. English doesn't even have the words to describe her properly. She gave me the Fairium Z which is cool. I tried it with Primarina's Moonblast and it was amazing but I'll stick with Primarina's exclusive Z-Crystal since it is more powerful, and I have a feeling I am going to need a powerful Water-move. Eventually made it all the way to the end of the Canyon (or so I believe), where I found the entrance to a Trial Site. I didn't feel like entering it yet, trained my team a little further instead.

Team:
730.png
- level 49
733.png
- level 49
750.png
- level 49
758.png
- level 49
763.png
- level 49
784.png
- level 49

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught Tapu fini pretty easily. After that I caught the final ultra beast slash legendary in a master ball. Finally I tried to find a sableye and ran into a shiny zubat O.O. That's the second shiny I found in this playthrough. Are they more common in 7th gen???