• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- Still at Hau'oli's Cemetery, I caught a Drifloon during the day finally and finished exploring the area. Back at Route 2, I defeated a few trainers and pokemon and caught a Cutiefly. :]
- Now close to the Berry Fields, I had to help a Delibird cuz Team Skull was nearby causing mischief as usual. After saving the berries from Team Skull's clutches, I picked up items ha ha.
- I visited a hotel now and a lady gave me cash cuz I showed her my Cutiefly. Then at the nearby pokemon center, I traded Spearow for someone's Machop and caught more pokemon.

Lurantis

Autism Love
Just ran into shiny rockruff via SOS call. I don't know how many calls cause I don't keep track haha. 4 iv hasty nature and caught in a dive ball!!! And not too long before that I ran into shiny Alolan meowth in under 30 SOS calls. It has 1 iv and neutral nature. Now I'm onto the third island. Time to ev train rockruff!

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
The last time I played (several days ago now...), I did several things:

~Trained a little more on Mount Lanakila. I defeated several wild Pokemon until everyone on my team gained a level, bringing my Pokemon to level 58-59.

~After that, I spent some time catching Pokemon. I caught a few Pokemon on Mount Lanakila first, including Sandshrew and Drampa. I then visited several places around Alola and caught more Pokemon, including Exeggcute, Pelipper, and Metapod. Most of the Pokemon were easy to catch except for that Metapod of all things...

~Once I'd caught all those Pokemon, I was able to develop my islands some more on Poke Pelago. I upgraded my existing islands and then added Isle Evelup.

~Finally, while catching Pokemon, I ended up going to the Haina Desert for the first time. Completely forgot to go back to it earlier. Anyway, I got through the desert and ended up at the Ruins of Abundance.

Haven't had time to do anything else. I probably won't be able to play again until the end of the week or weekend.

Lurantis

Autism Love
Wow. Literally was just EV training rockruff and ran into SHINY GRUBBIN IN 4 SOS CALLS. Wow. Probably doesn't have great IVs but it's naive nature and was caught in a net ball!

Baggie_Saiyan

Just ran into shiny rockruff via SOS call. I don't know how many calls cause I don't keep track haha. 4 iv hasty nature and caught in a dive ball!!! And not too long before that I ran into shiny Alolan meowth in under 30 SOS calls. It has 1 iv and neutral nature. Now I'm onto the third island. Time to ev train rockruff!

Shiny Alolan Mewoth looks really good, on my list of things to hunt for sure, currently trying to get a shiny Pikipek (lost count of the chain wasn't paying attention and killed the single Pikepek thus ending the chain and battle lol!) and hatch a Shiny Litten (2 boxes so far of Litten). Vikavolt's shiny looks good too so Grubbin is on my list too and Lycanroc midnight too though it's call rate seems pretty low. Currently don't want to go into Mount Lanikala just yet so might hunt for a bit.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Pokémon Moon:
After Unkaind the Salazzle gave Totem Vikavolt a good barbecuing, I went down Route 10 to battle the trainers found there as well as gather all the items. Caught a Minior and Ditto while I was there, though Beldum will have to wait till post-game due to its very low catch rate. Returned back to Malie City, defeating Team Skull's boss Guzma and gave the Masked Royal's mask to Kukui. Later progressed through Route 11 and 12, gaining the ability to use Mudsdale to travel over rocky terrain and made a side trip to Blush Mountain to catch a Togedemaru for a man back in Malie City who wanted to see its Pokedex entry.

Pokémon Sun:
Following an encounter with Guzma in Malie Garden, I returned back to the garden coming up against six trainers recreating the Nugget Bridge event from the Gen 1 games. Progressing on to Route 12, catching an Elekid, Alolan Geodude and Torkoal along the way I made to Route 13 where Gladion warned me about Team Skull looking for Cosmog, a.k.a Nebby. Arrived at Tapu Village, taking a brief trip to Route 14 to grab the Shadow Ball TM. I then took a much needed rest at the Pokémon Centre in preparation to head for the Aether House.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Welp my boyfriend deleted my main team of pokemon in Sun and I had just beat the elite four. I had a female Incineroar who I felt connected too (as connected as you can with a pokemon game), and my other pokes... he was mad I was too excited about something and interrupted him so he deleted all my pokemon. This happened on Thursday I think. Anyways I seriously can't decide if I'm ending this between us but that's a different story. Anyways everytime I try to start a new game on sun, I just get mad and put it down now.

Waves01

Shiny Hunter

Lol awesome I was shiny hunting Rockruff too,it took 244 SOS and it's got a docile nature but 4 IV's.alsoshiny hunted meowth a few weeks ago it took 4 hours but I got it.I have also shiny hunted grubbin and pikipek and got them both my grubbin took 226 SOS calls and I just ran into the shiny pikipek but every other shiny I have gotten (21) have been SOS calls the SOS call method makes it super easy for shiny hunting I like the new method. Think I'm gonna shiny hunt oricoro next

Last edited:

jacensolo66

Was planning to SOS chain Pichu but ended up catching Happiny. Tried again and ended up catching Pikachu. Then easily got Chansey from an Elekid SOS battle as it was the first Pokemon it called. Was going to do Jangmo-o and Lapras but couldn't get them to appear. If getting a shiny takes over 200 SOS calls I will never get one as I don't have the patience.

xOkazaki

FC: 1177-9277-2073
Welp my boyfriend deleted my main team of pokemon in Sun and I had just beat the elite four. I had a female Incineroar who I felt connected too (as connected as you can with a pokemon game), and my other pokes... he was mad I was too excited about something and interrupted him so he deleted all my pokemon. This happened on Thursday I think. Anyways I seriously can't decide if I'm ending this between us but that's a different story. Anyways everytime I try to start a new game on sun, I just get mad and put it down now.

That... is an incredibly horrible and childish thing to do.

On Sun I caught Solgaleo and decided to add it to my team. This is the first time I've ever used a Legendary on my in-game team since Red and Blue. I climbed up Mt. Lanakila and after grinding against some wild Pokemon, I saved in the Poke Center. Next time I'll probably level a bit more and challenge the league.

Lv57 Incineroar
Lv55 Tsareena
Lv56 Solgaleo
Lv56 Lycanroc
Lv54 Raichu
Lv55 Dewpider

Last edited:

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
Was planning to SOS chain Pichu but ended up catching Happiny. Tried again and ended up catching Pikachu. Then easily got Chansey from an Elekid SOS battle as it was the first Pokemon it called. Was going to do Jangmo-o and Lapras but couldn't get them to appear. If getting a shiny takes over 200 SOS calls I will never get one as I don't have the patience.
I was shiny hunting pichu for 6 hours a week ago or two and It was really aggravating but I caught it and it is now a raichu and yea u need a lot of patience and it doesn't take 200 SOS calls to catch one bcuz I caught a shiny bounsweet in 50 a shiny Comfey in 70-80 a shiny cutiefly In 50-60 and a shiny spinarak in 60-70 200 just seems like the average amount for one

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Long story short, i beat the E4 this morning. None of the end game was really that difficult. Lusamine in the Ultra Space was easy, except for Lilligant's Petal Dance KO'ing Squishy. The trip through Poni island was more trouble than Kahuna Hapu or Totem Kommo-o. Fighting Gladion outside Mount Lanakila was uneventful. Wasn't much to do on the way up Mount Lanakila, since there were no trainers. Did find the last Z crystal on the way though. Wasnt expecting a Focus Blast from Hau's Raichu. Handled the rest of his team no problem though. Mars handled Hala no problem. Kahili was a little trouble as she kept confusing my team. Owl Leaf Bladed Olivia into oblivion. With an assist by Rumble on Probopass. Acerola was much easier than i expected. Only problem against Kukui was how to handle Alola Ninetails. Answer ended up being one Stone edge from Snowball.

Cue KO'ing Tapu Koko and one hour of Credits :p

Team
Owl - Decidueye lvl 55
Classic - Raticate lvl 55
Snowball - Lycanroc lvl 55
Rumble - Bewear lvl 55
Mars - Clefable lvl 56
Squishy - Togedemaru 55

I'll probably restart Moon when i get Sun on Friday. So i can play through both at the same time.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I still have some major evolving and breeding to do, but I just did a bunch of trading in the GTS and I now have at least one pokemon from every evolutionary line in the alola dex! I'll be completng my dex soon!

Kalosian

So long
Went to the Malie Restaurant where I managed to obtain the TMs for Frustration and Return after talking to a monkey and a policeman. Really wanted the latter of these TMs, I taught it to Toucannon which means it now has a powerful Physical Normal-type move, which it hadn't had at all until now. Continued by going to Mount Lanakila, which I guess is the "Victory Road" in Alola. I decided to turn the Exp. Share on now since I'm feeling underleveled and I guess I will need to grind quite a bit in order to make it all the way through to the end. As I was about to start climbing the mountain, I met Gladion again. He challenged me to a battle, I won without problems. His team was at levels 52-53 which was a bit higher than my own. I also noticed that his Type: Null had evolved into Silvally which I believe was a Grass-type, I guess it is the type that your starter is weak against.

I started climbing the mountain, decided to try and train my team a little in the process. In the first area, I trained a little, also caught a Sneasel and 2 Snorunt. Then I noticed that the wild Pokemon there didn't give a lot of Exp, so I left and went back to Vast Poni Canyon. Continued the training there, also caught a Midnight Form of Lycanroc as I happened to meet one. Gladion's strongest Pokemon had been at level 53, and when my entire team was at that level, I left and headed back to Mount Lanakila. Went inside, caught a Drampa and found a few items. Most notably the Icium Z which is cool, even if I'm not planning to use it on my team. Now I was just missing the Flying-type Z-Crystal. I also found a TM containing Ice Beam, taught that to Primarina.

Then I quickly found myself outside again, near the next Pokemon Center. Was this the end already? I met Hau again and had a battle against him too, won with ease. His team was at level 53-54 which was the same as mine, so that's good. Continued further and met Professor Kukui for the first time in a while. He told me that where I was now was at the Alola Pokemon League. So I guess this is it. I'm not ready yet, need to train a bit more. I'm disappointed at the lack of trainer battles at this mountain, it would have helped a lot if there had been more than just the rivals.

Decided to leave for now and do some training... or at least try to. I have a feeling that I will need to grind quite a bit further. Went back to some earlier areas I hadn't explored in full yet to see what could be found there. Went to Melemele and explored new areas of Ten Carat Hill and Route 1. Found a few items, like the TM for Rock Slide, taught it to Mudsdale. Also found the Flyinium Z, the last of the 18 type-crystals I needed. Gave it to Toucannon since it feels more useful than the Normal-type Crystal. Tried a Flying-type Z-move, it was pretty cool. Left afterwards. Now I need to continue training my team more. But where, and how? We'll have to find out...

Team:
730.png
- level 54
733.png
- level 54
750.png
- level 54
758.png
- level 54
763.png
- level 54
784.png
- level 54

BlitzGirl41

Didn't play too much over the weekend, since all I'm doing is filling in my PokeDex and it's hard to stay motivated without a story to push me forward. I am still making my way through each individual island Dex. Once I evolve Phantump, I will have 230 Pokemon and be almost done with the Akala Pokemon that I realistically can acquire. I was lucky to, after a very long and tedious SoS battle, obtain Goomy, but I still have had no luck getting Castform. I may end up asking my friend if he has one, or check the GTS if I'm really desperate. But, once I get every Pokemon that I can obtain on my own, then I will resort to trading to get version exclusives and the starters. If me and my friend can both get Ditto, it will make it easier.

Grinding Pokemon leveling for evolutions in Poni Gauntlet has now upped my permanent team's levels to 70-71. My team also has not changed any members (I will want to try new choices whenever I finally decide to purchase Sun version).

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today I evolved a lot more of my Pokemon. I also did about 20 wonder trades and got a couple breed rejects which worked out well. While I was ev training a Sandshrew I came across a shiny Mudbray relaxed nature and Stamina for ability. I finally found a Lapras as well. It says 5% encounter rate, but it took more like 50 encounters just to find one. It did Safeguard on turn 1 while I used False Swipe. Turn 2 I did False Swipe again which got it down to 1HP and it used Perish Song. It breaks free of a Dive Ball the next two turns and the countdown goes down to 1. At this point I was very tempted to just use my Master Ball because I had nothing better to use it on, but went with a Dive Ball one more time. I got lucky and had a critical capture and it stayed in the ball.

Muun

I finished Moon earlier and I loved it because I managed to stay completely spoiler free! I felt the Hau battle before E4 was hardest due to using my favourite Pokemon. I feel like I rushed some parts so I could get the end quicker.

Final team was: Primarina, Pelipper, Magnezone, Persian, Ribombee and Salazzle.

I really enjoyed the story, characters and new Pokemon.

I'm restarting Moon very soon and going to take my time and use random Pokemon and give each of them a chance!

xEryChan

Demon Child
After I had gotten home from work, I took on the next trial in Lush Jungle. This so far, has to be my favorite trial. Mallow is my first trial captain but that's beside the point. Mallow sent me through the jungle to look for the ingredients for her special and after I gathered them all, it was time to combine them all to lure the Totem Pokemon, Lurantis, out.

I didn't have as many problems with this trial as I did with Kiawe's. Lurantis knocked out Oreo but Blackjack made quick work of it. I earned the Grassium Z from Mallow and some nest balls as well.

After Mallow left, Professor Kukui came and he gave me the TM for Smart Strike before he told me to meet him up with in Heahea City at the Dimensional Research Lab but before I head back, I'm going to look through Lush Jungle for Bouncesweet so I can add it to my team after my gameboy finishes charging.

Current Team:
Blackjack (Torracat - LV 25)
Vikibolt (Charjabug - LV 26)
Oreo (Oricorio - LV 26)
Spike (Mareanie - LV 25)

I've decided that I'm going to stick to Greninja as my Water-type instead of Bruxish, simply because my Greninja is vastly stronger than my psycho-killer clownfish. Other than that, however, my current goal is unchanged: get my Alola team to Lv.100 before the Poké Bank update.

Current team:

Kuwanger the Vikavolt, Lv.91
Toukitouki the Toucannon, Lv.89
Succubus the Salazzle, Lv.91
Ash-Greninja, Lv.83
Legolas the Decidueye, Lv.89
Xerxes the Kommo-o, Lv.83

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Finished Pokemon Lillie version yesterday! My team has bad coverage so I struggled a bit in the E4 and then in the final battle. But oh my god Lillie was the most annoying character in the history of pokemon. Never seen a game with so many cutscences and uneccessary dialogue.