• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Aetius

I've done many things lately!
I looked for Berries and got some rare ones, not only that, but I also caught all of the new Pokèmon in the right ball, so that when I'll breed them, their offspring will have the perfect ball for them!
As for the rest, not much actually...
All I need to do now is to wait for the Pokèbank, so that I can transfer over all of my Pokèmon from ORAS! :D

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Well, I finished trade-evolving the last few things I needed, and I now have only three Pokémon missing from my Alola Dex – Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, and Lunala. My sister is evolving my Cosmoem on her copy of Moon, so I don't have to worry about that, but Tapu Bulu has been really uncooperative in terms of getting the right IVs. I might just go try to catch Tapu Fini and go back to Tapu Bulu later. That, or give up on getting good all-around IVs on Bulu because I'm never gonna use the thing anyway.

Also decided to try my hand at Battle Royals. My team won up to Hyper Rank, but then I tried Master Rank, lost, went back to Hyper Rank, and lost so many times that, for the first time ever, I actually threw my 3DS.

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
I decided to EV train my shiny rockruff right away yesterday and after 120-140 SOS calls I found my second shiny rattat. So after I caught the rattata I decided to EV train it right away so I decided to give it speed so I went and fought staryu and I ran into a shiny 71 SOS calls later. The staryu has a jolly nature and doesn't have perfect speed or special attack IV's but it's still a shiny so now I'm currently looking for a shiny magnemite. So I accidentally ran from the magnemite battle so I'm in a smeargle hunt now but plan on going back to magnemite again soon.

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I pretty much finished catching the sos pokemon on land. I gave up trying to find an umbreon and just caught another eevee. I also got cosmog last night. Next I will get mareane, and try and get feebas, lapras, and chinchou and I will be done catching then will need to evolve everything ^^

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Continued with re-exploring some areas on the Islands, but found nothing new. Instead, I continued with the training. Went back to Poni Island to do the rest of the training, or as much of it as I could. Battled a ton of wild Pokemon at the Poni Wilds and Ancient Poni Path. I eventually got all members of the team to level 58, it wasn't that hard nor did it take super long to get it done, the Exp. Share was a big help. Afterwards, I turned it back off since I don't think I'll need to use it anymore. With the team at level 58, I consider myself done with the training and ready to take on the Pokemon League. I won't have time for it tomorrow since it is Wednesday once more and I won't have much time to play, but it is for better or worse going to be my last busy Wednesday for this year, so I'm "free" afterwards. I'll continue with the game on Thursday instead.

Team:
730.png
- level 58
733.png
- level 58
750.png
- level 58
758.png
- level 58
763.png
- level 58
784.png
- level 58

Grey Wind

I made my way through route 12 and caught a bunch of Pokemon, then went back to battle the "boss" of the route. Once I got to Tapu Village I spent a while looking for a Vulpix before heading up to the Aether House to meet Acerola and Lillie. Trained for a while and evolved Dartrix (!), then went to the abandoned mart for my trial. It was pretty fun. Mimikyu tore through my team at the start, OHKOing Raichu and then combo-ing with Hunater to knock out Salandit and Lycanroc. Toucannon managed to burn it which made things a lot easier, and eventually Decidueye came in for the win. Another Z crystal in the bag.

After the trial I went back to the Aether House and battled Plumeria, who Wishiwashi took down without any problems. I then met Grimsley on the beach and explored Route 15 for a bit with Sharpedo. Salandit evolved while I was training so I've a fully evolved team now! I went back to Tapu Village to heal after that, then saved.

724.png
lv 35
026-a.png
lv 33
745.png
lv 33
746-s.png
lv 33
758.png
lv 33
733.png
lv 33

Last edited:

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today I did the ultra beasts side quest and caught a few good natured ones. I fully ev trained Zydog and Kartana. I'm now just raising the levels of some of my competitive Pokemon.

Aetius

Caught my very first two HA Pokèmon!
They were a Sandshrew and a Morelull!
I must say that while a bit frustrating at times, it was relatively easy to get them to appear.
I think I'll keep on doing this until I'll have gotten all of the HA that I need for my breeding. :D

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- Ok so now that I had investigated everything at Route 2's path, I went toward Verdant Cavern cuz I needed to complete an island challenge there. I spoke with Ilima nearby next.
- My first challenge at the Verdant Cavern included passing through the cave and defeating two Yungoos and a Gumshoos. I also defeated a Skull grunt, then I reached the pedestal.
- I got the Normaliam-Z after defeating the totem pokemon and cleared the challenge. Professor Kukui then explained how to use Z-Crystals and his assistant Lillie got lost once again.

ebevan91

Just trying to grind for a Destiny Knot by having a party of Pick Up Meowths. No luck yet after about an hour and a half but I've gotten lots of money from Pearl Strings, Big Nuggets, etc.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I mostly finished catching pokemon. I caught a mareane earlier and a lapras. I tried to find a feebas but it was taking to long so I gave up and will send one over once pokemon bank updates. I just need to get a clefairy now.

sheld999

just been taking my time on sun catching all pokemon i encountered so far. choose litten but the B button doesn't work when i dont want to learn new moves... but it works on other things tho which is weird

Aquarelle

Staff member
Found some time to play tonight because I felt like slacking off from school/studying. The first thing I did was use Poke Pelago as I'd planted some berries there several days ago. The plants were fully grown, so I picked all of the berries and planted some more. After that, I went over to Isle Aphun, where I got some shards before sending my Pokemon to explore the stone hunting path. Finally, I then picked up some more Poke Beans.

Once that was done, I flew over to the Battle Royal place. I tried the Normal Rank and easily won the battle. Then, I made several attempts at the Super Rank royal, but got destroyed each time. My Pokemon simply were not competitive with the opponents at that level. I went back down to Normal Rank after a while, but suddenly had a rough time there too. In the end, I managed to get up to 14 BP, but it sucked losing so many times. Some day, I'll put together a better team and try to win every rank.

REMARCABLE

Been trying to complete the dex, I want to have a list of all my options available for VGC17 this year to continue team building.

The Pokemon in Alola suck, when Kukui said Alola is "chock full of rare Pokemon yeah!" but every route I felt I was seeing the same damn Pokemon.
Not to mention it was normally the newer Pokemon that had such low chances to appear, so I just kept seeing the same stuff over and over again.

SOS Battles also confused the hell out of me and made trying to get Pokemon tedious.

Anyways, I just need about 4 Pokemon to finish the Alola Dex.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Oh boy, yesterday was a doozy. On my way to Vast Poni Canyon, I show up to find Lillie being (Yet again) blockaded by Team Skull! But they seemed different, not being jerks messing with us, but wanted answers about how to help their boss...even if it meant beating them out of us. After putting the beatdown on them, Plumeria stepped in and made them scram...But she confided in me; she was sorry about all the trouble she caused us, and commended me for coming so far! She gave me the Poison type Z Crystal as a gift before leaving. I guess Team Skull isn't so bad after all! I'll do my best to get their boss back...

Entering the Canyon I met Kahuna Hapu again, and she wanted to test us. Of course I couldn't say no and took her on! Her Ground types really shook us up, especially that Mudsdale and his Z-Power...Luckily we managed pull through and clear the Grand Trial, and earned an earth-shaking new Ground type Z-Crystal while i'm at it! Afterwards me and Lillie ventured into the canyon. The place was gauntlet full of tough pokemon and Trainers alike, and it took me a while and had to restock on supplies...Moving on I came across a long bridge, Lillie caught up and wanted to cross it herself. She didn't even let the Murkrow who came to bother her stop her, she sure has changed...Oh, and going though the place I also bumped into this eccentric artist girl. Her name was Minna, I think? And she was a Captain...sort of? Maybe? Not really? Anyway, she generously gave me a Fairy Z-Crystal. That was nice of her! Many Trainers later, I passed by some gates...There's no doubt about it, the cave i entered was a trial site. It was short but I was attacked by some fierce Dragon types bent on barring my way! Nothing too daunting though. At the end there was a pedestal with a crystal in it. But before I could take it, a relentless gaze pierced my person...The Totem pokemon came in and revealed itself! It was definitely a forced to be reckoned with, it's minions didn't make things easier...On the other hand, I discovered that Z-Power can even damage someone Protecting themselves! My team endured enough punishment and eventually make the Totem admit defeat! They were satisfied with our resolve and left, leaving me to free to take the Z-Crystal from the pedestal. With it i'll be able to unleash Z-Power that matches even the fiercest of Dragons!

Exiting the Trial cave I came upon the Altar of the Sunne, Lillie caught up and Hapu was waiting. The latter wished us luck. One looooong staircase later we blew the Sun and Moon Flutes and summoned the Legendary Pokemon...Funny thing about that, that Legendary was actually Nebby, who evolved into Solgaleo! Who would've thought that it was him all along?! With his help we jumped dimensions, entering Ultra Space. It was a strange place, and Rotom wasn't in my Dex for some reason...But not too far Guzma was there waiting. And he remarked with one of the best lines ever...But he explained how the Ultra Beasts and how far gone Lusamine was even freaked HIM out! I went ahead and she was there, she was definitely more nuts than before. She considered everything except her and the Nihilego swarming the place is ugly and not worth keeping, even her own children...But Lillie stood up to her mother and gave her a good talking down to! Lusamine, buttons pressed, took out a strange-looking ball and took out Nihilego before...get this, melding together with it! There was no other choice, I had to stop her right here. Lusamine attacked with her pokemon who have been powered up and driven mad by her monstrous new form. They were the toughest we faced so far, but me and my friends managed to overcome and thwart the lot of them! But Lusamine wasn't through just yet, she was still there for more...! But Solgaleo jumped in and used his power to split her and Nihilego apart. The President, though unconscious, seemed to have came back to her senses...Solgaleo warped everyone out of Ultra Space just as it started to turn unstable...

Back in our world Kahuna Hapu caught up and she and Guzma helped take Lusamine back home. We thanked Solgaleo...I mean, Nebby for all his help and we parted ways...except not really, because the Newcomer Legendary didn't want to leave, but be our pokemon instead. So we battled him, and boy did he put up a fight! It wasn't easy but I eventually caught him in a Premier Ball, it seemed fitting. With that, Lillie really said farewell. Until we meet again! Just when I was ready to go myself, Kahuna Nanu appeared out of nowhere. He commended me for clearing all the Trials, and now the way to the Pokemon League was open! I accompanied him to Tapu Village, looks my next move is to take the climb up Mount Lanakila...

I wonder is my partners are ready? Though i'm not sure if I want to use the one I just caught yet...

Dizzy the Primarina, Lv 54
Maui the Pompom Oricorio, Lv 53
D.Hoof Jack the Mudsdale, Lv. 52
Eversnooze the Komala, Lv. 49
Backer the Passimian, Lv. 49
Solgaleo (Nebby), Lv. 55

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm pretty sure I've caught everything I needed in moon. I caught a chansey and finally after like 15 minutes a clefairy. I gave up with bagon, feebas, and chinchou because they are to rare. I will be continuing with sun to play through and get the exclusives.

robersj4

Didn't have much time to play the last few weeks so was mostly just doing some Pelago and Festival stuff, but last night I finally took on the Elite Four. I had a Hakamo-o with me that was at level 40. I didn't end up using him in any of the battles, but thanks to exp. share, he evolved into Kommo-o by the end.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I continued with sun. I lost the lush jungle trial two more times so I leveled up araquanid and Dartrix to lv 23 and after much healing I finally beat it. Next I caught my 5th team member passimian who is docile. Next time I will catch another passimian to transfer to moon.
Current team
Dartrix lv 23
Pikachu lv 24
Trumbeak lv 23
Araquanid lv 25
Passimian lv 20

Last edited:
I took some time between grinding the league to level up my team to go out and collect all the Zygarde Cells and the TMs in the game. The only TMs I'm missing now are Hail and Sandstorm, but I make enough money from grinding the league to buy them.

Zygarde cell hunting was a bit more bothersome. The guide on Joe's website helped somewhat, but even so, it's difficult to track which cells you have and which you don't, short of going to their locations at the correct times and seeing whether or not they've spawned. Regardless, I managed to stick it out to the end, building a Power Construct Zygarde on Rte. 16 once Sina called me and told me I'd collected all the cells and cores. It also took me a while to figure out how to use the cores to teach my Zygarde its special moves. It turns out, you have to use the Zygarde Cube itself as the tutor; neither the move reminder at Mt. Lanakila, nor the move tutors in Seafolk Village, can do the job.

I also went and caught myself a Pikachu, so I could evolve it into Raichu and get the Aloraichium Z from the woman in Seafolk Village. I don't plan on using Alolan Raichu on my team, I simply wanted to obtain its unique Z-Crystal for my collection. Earlier in the week, I found and defeated all the Eeveelution users for the Eevium Z, and downloaded the event Munchlax for the Snorlium Z. Unless I'm missing any, and excluding the event Z-Crystals for Mew, Ashachu, and Marshadow, I have all the Z-Crystals in the game!

Last edited:

Muun

As mentioned, I planned to restart Pokemon Moon and choose Rowlet.

I'm about 1 hour into the game now and still on route 1 as I'm capturing Pokemon. I'm taking my time this playthrough and going to use Pokemon I wouldn't normally use to try to discover new favourites. I'm currently debating whether I should keep trying to find a Pichu on Route 1 for an Alolan Raichu or just use Alolan Pokemon.

Team: Rowlet, Metapod, Pikipek, Yungoos, Ledyba, Grubbin