• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Halkel

Experimentalist
I finally found that one elusive Moxie Pinsir for my Hidden Ability Hunt. Intimidate, which I used to get it to get help more, intimidated one of the Non-Mold Breaker Females that appeared a turn after weakening the first one (who had Hyper Cutter). Hunting in Poni Island for the final set of Hidden Abilities. Also, is it just me, or has Spirit Shackle got a bit buggy visually since the update? The animation seems to get half the screen black behind the pokemon near the end (Using my owl vs the Water Types). I'll test it in other places as well just to be sure.

In other news, after a long time waiting I finally got Cosmoem and got a complete Pokedex of 301. Will not be picking up the Shiny Charm after getting so many during my hunts for Hidden Abilities. (7 in total, 2 of which are Cubone during a Hunt for Inner Focus Kangaskhan)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So at the Aether Paradise, I learned about the jamming signal that prevented the use of empty Poke balls within the facility. I soon meet another Aether Foundation member named Wicke.
- I walked around and encountered Lusamine next, then all of a sudden an Ultra Wormhole opened up and Lusamine got all giddy hee hee. I then had to battle the Ultra Beast, Nihilego.
- Once Nihilego had fled, I was thanked by the Aether Foundation's staff and given the Psychic Tm by Wicke. Hau and I were then ferried off to Ula'ula Island and we arrived in Malie city. :]

DSDark

Breeder
I only have one last thing to do in game and that's collect all the z-cells.

However right now I've been battling up in the tree and I've been doing great. I'm around 82 wins and the catalog on the main site is amazingly useful. My for the battle tree is:

M-Gyarados, Aegislash, and Garchomp in that order. Such a great team.

Crazedyanma

Cyclipse
Okay, here's my "story". *Ahem*

I only started playing this game about a week ago, but since then, I've worked my way up toward earning the Firium Z in Pokemon Moon. However, because my all of my pokemon are currently too weak to complete Mallow's trial, I decided to embark on a quest to try and catch pokemon (Feebas, specifically) that I failed to catch within a reasonable amount of time.

I was far from disappointed. After about 10-20 attempts, I encountered my very first Feebas. "I'll be trading it over the GTS for rarer pokemon like Bagon and Kangaskhan asap.", I thought. That was the original plan. However...

As this beautiful specimen appeared before me, I almost immediately noticed a sparkle, then glitter, then a star, and finally, the exotic color. Before I had even realized it, my mouth dropped to the floor. I sat there, almost motionless, as I dug through my bag to throw a Quick ball. One, two, three shakes and... click!

So yeah, that happened. Basically, I caught my first shiny in Pokemon Moon on the initial encounter - all without a completed Pokedex.

Anyone else have a similar story?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm going to take a break until I get all the Island Scan Pokemon species on the first island, before move on. Use it for SRing. In terms of events today I was able to get Meowth and Snorlax to like me enough in order to evolve. Until I move to the next island the Island Scan Pokemon are all just about all I have to catch. I will probably do SOS exclusive Pokemon much later where I can afford long battles

My planned final team as of now will be the following: Decidueye, Raichu, Snorlax, Muk, Araquanid and Minior. When I play Moon I will get at least Incineroar, Mimikyu and Toxapex

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Just got done catching the first two UBs ( I wondered why Buzzwole came back each time then I realized I need to chatch it @.@ )
Ive been GTS ing for breeding projects and havent really done much since.....

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Okay, here's my "story". *Ahem*

I only started playing this game about a week ago, but since then, I've worked my way up toward earning the Firium Z in Pokemon Moon. However, because my all of my pokemon are currently too weak to complete Mallow's trial, I decided to embark on a quest to try and catch pokemon (Feebas, specifically) that I failed to catch within a reasonable amount of time.

I was far from disappointed. After about 10-20 attempts, I encountered my very first Feebas. "I'll be trading it over the GTS for rarer pokemon like Bagon and Kangaskhan asap.", I thought. That was the original plan. However...

As this beautiful specimen appeared before me, I almost immediately noticed a sparkle, then glitter, then a star, and finally, the exotic color. Before I had even realized it, my mouth dropped to the floor. I sat there, almost motionless, as I dug through my bag to throw a Quick ball. One, two, three shakes and... click!

So yeah, that happened. Basically, I caught my first shiny in Pokemon Moon on the initial encounter - all without a completed Pokedex.

Anyone else have a similar story?

i did have the same thing happen to me in pkmn X, my first Minun encounter ever was shiny. congrats, its a great feeling to have such luck for the first encounter.

AnimePsyclone

Mew... Mew... Mew...
I tried to SR for a shiny. I failed...
In Pokemon Sun, I keep on losing the battles against Hau. He’s weak, and I beat Lurantis first try. His Pokemon are weak, and mine are weaker? His Alolan Raichu topples my Pikachu... Why is he so strong?

Kevin24

Event Collector
before midnight last night after 12+ hours of soft resetting with shiny charm i got my shiny type null at 951!!!!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
before midnight last night after 12+ hours of soft resetting with shiny charm i got my shiny type null at 951!!!!

I thought Type:Null was Shiny locked. How did you manage to get one? I'm very curious now.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Been using GTS to get some of more pokemon including Stufful as I looked for HOURS and didn't find a single one 5% right! Going to try my hand at weather SOS next I'm trying to fill in the moon dex.

Been on Sun and started up my new game with a Poplilo and caught a Pikipeak (for brick break Totem) and beat Hau and his pichu. I'm currently doing some training. I think I'm going with: Primarina; Salazzle; Minior (heard some good things)or Salamence ; Tsareena; either Bewear or Passimian and Musdale.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
On Wednesday I downloaded the special Munchlax and Snorlium Z.

Yesterday I got a Gastly from Poke Pelago and another possible one for Today. Turned on EXP share before Lush Jungle to help out Plushy. Rainbow made finding all Mallows ingredients a breeze. Rainbow almost defeated Totem Lurantis by herself. Unfortunatly, Trumbeak was able to get a few hits in even with max evasion. Jupiter and Rainbow's left over Poison finished off the battle. Headed back into the Jungle afterward to catch pokemon to level up Poke Pelago. Caught a Paras, Comfey, and Fomantis. Then I headed into the Dimentional Research Lab for some backstory. After that Plushy then smashed her way through Digglet Tunnel. Caught a Zubat along the way for the trade in Konikoni City. Grabbed the Skull Fossil while i was in Konikoni as well. Ended with a trip to revive the Fossil.

Team
Archer - Dartrix lvl 26
Rainbow - Grimer lvl 27
Jupiter - Araquanid lvl 27
Plushy - Stufful lvl 26

Kevin24

Event Collector
and not too long ago just got shiny ha 4iv riolu in 32 sos

just now got shiny morelull at 137 sos

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Got a few hard-to-find Pokemon from the Poke Pelago, getting Mismagius in Pokemon Sun and Emolga and Lapras in Pokemon Moon (don't have to worry about the annoyance that is Perish Song). Also caught Relicanth in both my games and Beldum in Pokemon Moon which it is pretty much a repeat of what happened in Pokemon Sun (an easy catch despite having a catch rate of 3). With the recent patch fixing the evolution move glitch I evolved my Abra to test it out, as expected it learned both Kinesis and Confusion upon evolving.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Added quite a few Pokemon to my Pokedex yesterday. I did some training at the Battle Buffet again and was able to evolve several Pokemon, including Trapinch, Sandile, and Grimer. Then, I evolved a few Pokemon like Cottonee and Growlithe using stones.

Next, I continued levelling up Pokemon for evolution by exploring the rest of Poni Island. I went through all of the areas from Poni Grove to the Battle Tree and battled every trainer, allowing me to add several more Pokemon to the dex. I also caught a Primeape while on the Poni Plains. Almost caught a Riolu in Poni Grove, too, but it decided it was time that I actually learned what the move Final Gambit does. >.> Anyway, by the time I was done, my Alola dex was at 156 owned.

When I got to the Battle Tree, I decided to battle Red since I fought Blue on Moon. I ended up soft resetting after a few turns because he switched Pikachu out for Venusaur, which screwed me up since my Pokemon sucked at switching into attacks. On my next try, I switched my Palossand out for Kommo-o while Red went to Venusaur again, which gave me the opportunity to set up Dragon Dance and then sweep.

Today, I didn't do too much. I checked Poke Pelago and then went to collect the rest of the day-only Zygarde cells. I also finished getting all of the cores. According to my cube, I now have 94/100 Zygarde cells/cores collected.

Recently I've been filling my Dex up. Despite the colossal amount of encounters to grind up levels and find Pokemon with low encounters, I haven't seen a shiny yet... I'm currently at 56% in the Alola Dex.

Last edited:

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I'm about to enter the Pokemon League with Solgaleo, Salazzle, Golisopod, Decidueye, Lycanroc, and Zygarde. Forgot to mention a while back I had caught Solgaleo with A timer ball but the battle wasn't even that long. About only 4 turns! I wonder if that was a glitch lol

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
A few days ago I had finally completed my Pokedex and got the Shiny Charm. Now I don't really actively hunt for Shinies, but yesterday as I was randomly battling wild Pokemon, I encountered and caught 3 Shinies. Two Pikipeks and a Yungoos. I had also hatched a Shiny Vulpix two days before after just 9 eggs. Seems that charm really does make a difference.