• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
I decided to participate in the current Global Mission. I'm pretty sure we'll make it all the way this time, more than 10 days left and we're already past 2/3 of the goal, so this is good. I have personally done 5 trades on the GTS since the mission started, but there will be more before it is over.

Then I have also continued with the training. It is going forward smoothly. I had previously thought about making what could be called a "mid-game team" in addition to my in-game and post-game teams, and I suppose this is it. Though it is more of a training squad than a team. But it is more or less the same thing, I suppose. Anyway, I'll continue with the training until I have gotten everything to level 70 or above. Maybe 80 depending on how fast it goes after everything has gotten past level 60, though I might get them to level 80 later if I don't do it now. Below is a list of all the Pokemon I'm training.

Team:
678-f.png
Hello Kitty - level 41
774.png
RF53A-SH3IC - level 41
773.png
No Name - level 46
792.png
Dreamchaser - level 59
790.png
Telethia - level 49
718.png
Zenith Order - level 54
801.png
Face Nemesis - level 54
793.png
Embracia - level 63
795.png
Insectoid - level 65
796.png
Luminosity - level 67
797.png
Sanctuary - level 69
799.png
Haxlord - level 71

Some thoughts and comments about them so far:

Hello Kitty evolved into Meowstic at level 25, she also learned Psychic at level 40. She is quite strong offensively but is a bit frail defensively.
RF53A-SH3IC have been doing very well in terms of both offense and defense, which is great.
No Name evolved from Type: Null at level 45, which was quite early. Though letting it hold the Soothe Bell as well as giving it massages and Friendship-raising berries probably helped a lot. Haven't used it much yet though, but it has a lot of potential.
Dreamchaser is pretty amazing, it can set up on Morimoto's Kangaskhan and sweep his entire team afterwards.
Telethia evolved from Cosmog, but I haven't used it in any battles yet since it can't really do anything at all. It has been growing well though, I have let it hold the Lucky Egg while fighting Morimoto and the trainers at the Battle Buffet. And it will soon be fully evolved, then it can be of some use too.
Zenith Order is mostly defensive so it isn't that strong, but its complete form is really cool!
Face Nemesis is quite good but has the potential to become even better as it grows stronger.
Embracia, Insectoid and Sanctuary are doing well.
Luminosity can also sweep Morimoto after 2 Tail Glows, it can't set up as easily as Dreamchaser, but it only needs two turns as opposed to six.
I haven't used Haxlord much, it was at level 70 when I started and it has now passed that, so I guess it is pretty much done. I'll use it more in the future, but this is it for now so I'm going to remove it from the list.

Will continue with more training next.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Today in Sun, I went out to catch even more Pokémon I hadn't caught during my main island challenge. I had a bunch of Adrenaline Orbs with me, so I could attract Pokémon which can only appear as allies in SOS Battles. I first flew to Haina Desert, where I managed to catch a Trapinch and a Gabite. I then flew to Seafolk Village to sail to Exeggutor Island, where after much persevering, I caught a Sliggoo and a Castform (Rainy form) in the rain. (I had tried to look in Lush Jungle for a Castform, but it wasn't raining.)

I flew back to Route 1 to find myself a Happiny and a Munchlax. I had to SOS chain many Pichu and Pikachu before finally catching a Happiny in a Heal Ball, naming her Hanna. Munchlax didn't take much exploring, though - I found one after about three or four encounters. I then went to Melemele Meadow to trawl through Seaward Cave to Kala'e Bay, fishing in the bubbling spot for a Shellder. I also received Magearna by scanning a QR code, collecting her from the Antiquities of the Ages shop in the Hau'oli City mall, and met up with Ilima again at the Trainers' School. He was a lot more underlevelled than me - his Gumshoos' Z-Move, Breakneck Blitz, didn't even do much to my Hariyama (Harricott). He took him out by simply using Fake Out.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I completed my Akala Trial and received my 6th Z-Crystal. The battle went well. I led with Crabrawler which ended up fainting because it couldn't move due to paralysis. Wishiwashi beat its opponent (I love the Schooling ability!) For the third opponent I pitted my Skull Grunt (Cubone) against it and although I didn't have much hope for her due to her being at a lower level, quick claw and some well aimed Bonemerangs sealed the victory!

(Step aside Flannery and Fantina, there's a new Leader who's taken the Beauty Queen crown (and my heart)! How is Olivia single?? If my in-game character was my real age I'd be addressing her status.)

Anyway, I'm now at the Aether Paradise and have had my meet and greet with the President abruptly interrupted. I love that piano and strings tune that plays, as beautiful as Olivia. I'm actually rather suspicious of this Aether outfit. My early hunch is that they're more sinister than Team Skull but I'll have to wait and see.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Went to SOS chain Ditto for good IV's by having a Memento Pyukumuku as the active pokémon and having the first Ditto transform into Porygon with Recycle, switcherooing a Leppa Berry to it (so you can just spam the Adrenaline Orb and the appearing Ditto will all just kill themselves). Encountered a shiny Ditto, had the awful luck that it happened to be an Imposter one. It immediately transformed into Pyukumuku while the Porygon-Ditto was obviously still alive. Could do nothing but watch that shiny Ditto kill itself with Memento, as my Pyukumuku only knows Memento for quick chaining. And it was the first wild shiny I've encountered since this shiny Metapod in Pokémon Gold too, apart from the Lake of Rage Gyarados.

Luck's really stupid like that sometimes. This reminds me of a time in Platinum when I finally found that Munchlax from the honey tree with the stupid Munchlax Tree system. Finally found it, brought it down to 1HP with False Swipe, and then it used Metronome and killed itself with Volt Tackle.

Last edited:

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
After some decision-making, I decided to work with my classic team of Flareon, Crobat, Serperior, Mienshao, Banette and Gardevoir. My goal today was to defeat Lusamine for good and catch Lunala --which I did. Caught a Modest Lunala in a Dusk Ball.

Also working out some new ideas for my team to use in the next competion. I love, love, LOVE Buttermilk (my Miltank) as much I love Amber (my Flareon) so those two are in. Thinking of breeding a Petilil and raising her into a Lilligant -- to team up with Buttermilk that I can take advantage of Sap Sipper...

Lurantis is another option. I'm even considering Clefable with Magical Leaf or Aromatherapy... especially if it has Magic Guard. The possibilities are endless!

Also did some Wonder Trading and about seven GTS trades. Looks like we're almost to a million -- let's keep it up!!

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- After talking with Nanu, I had to sneak into Po town which had been invaded by Team Skull grunts. It was so bad that I even got charged when I used Po town's Pokemon Center.
- Soon I arrived at a large mansion building and went around until I reached the top floor and some Skull grunt wanted some passwords to proceed. So I had to find the passwords now.
- After a search of the mansion, I got the passwords and passed the balcony and defeated many Skull grunts. I then found Guzma's room and had to battle him to rescue Yungoos.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Right now I am investigating the Aether Foundation for Lillie. Guzma's Golisopod is a monster. Also, I've finally got every member of my team in order. My team is Decidueye, Muk(Alolan Form), Raichu(Alolan Form), Araquanid, Minior(Light Blue Core) and Zygarde(50% Form)

Still consider Plumeria slightly tougher than ya boy Guzma. Mainly her Salazzle, which is the thing of nightmares. Aether Foundation music is really foreboding

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I defeated Guzma's two bug types and rescued the captive Yungoos, then I picked up the Buginium Z from the sparkling chest next to Guzma's throne. I then went back outside next.
- When I had stepped out, I saw Nanu once again and we had a brief chat before I took a ride on Charizard back to the Aether House. I saw Hau who told me that Lillie was gone.
- Since Plumeria had kidnapped Lillie, I had to rescue her. But first Gladion showed up and he was mad at me, so he challenged me. I won and now I set off to the Ula'ula ferry terminal.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The level gap between Aether Foundation and the final island's pretty big. Gonna need some lvl grinding

Kalosian

So long
Didn't have a lot of time to play during the weekend, but got some things done at least. I checked my Minior's stats and they were what they should be, so that means I did everything right while fixing its EVs. I have continued with the training, several things have happened. Hello Kitty learned Signal Beam, RF53A-SH3IC learned Shell Smash and No Name learned Crunch, all completing their movesets. Telethia also evolved into Lunala at level 53, finally. It learned Moongeist Beam, I taught it the other moves I want it to know through TM and the move relearner, completing its moveset. All the Pokemon I am training are now above level 60, so there shouldn't be that much left regarding the training now. I don't know how long it will take to get them all to above level 70, hopefully I can be done with it at some point next week.

Team:
678-f.png
Hello Kitty - level 61
774.png
RF53A-SH3IC - level 60
773.png
No Name - level 61
792.png
Dreamchaser - level 64
792.png
Telethia - level 61
718.png
Zenith Order - level 64
801.png
Face Nemesis - level 65
793.png
Embracia - level 65
795.png
Insectoid - level 68
796.png
Luminosity - level 70
797.png
Sanctuary - level 70

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
Became the Champion today! Now I can focus on training my team for the upcoming competition. My newest member is none other than Tapu Fini, who I managed to catch after only four out of fifty Dive Balls. It was love at first sight -- she has a Modest nature and is Mischievous -- awesome! Haven't decided whether to name her or not.

Was unable to catch Tapu Koko the first time, but I'll try again after I defend my title. I'm hoping too get one with a Timid nature, so it worked for the best.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Today in Sun, I went out to catch even more Pokémon I hadn't caught during my main island challenge. I flew to Poni Island to try to find Riolu, Relicanth and Lapras. Surprisingly, I found a Lapras after only three or so encounters while surfing in the water off Poni Wilds. I had some Z-Noodles at the restaurant in the Seafolk Village, where Hapu joined me. I was pretty surprised to see her for the first time since I'd fought her in the Island Kahuna battle.

I also dined out on Alolan cuisine at Mallow's restaurant in Konikoni City, where Olivia joined me. She gave me a couple of Heart Scales after our meal - I'm saving them up in case I want to teach my Pokémon a move they previously knew with Madame Memorial on Mt. Lanakila. I went searching for a Nosepass, one of Olivia's prime Pokémon, out in the Akala Outskirts, being somewhat rare.

I met up once again with Guzma in Hau'oli City, battling against his team of Bug-types. His Golisopod didn't use First Impression this time around, possibly because my Toucannon (Thessalon) went first. Incineroar (Quebec) took his Scizor down easily, thanks to his 4x Fire weakness, being Bug/Steel. After our battle, Hala came up to me, saying he'd take on Guzma himself. Guzma gave me a Dawn Stone. I already have a Snorunt, so I could evolve it into a Froslass with that...

Since I hadn't tried it out before, I went to the Battle Buffet at the Hau'oli Shopping Mall. I managed to dine on some Take Down steaks, Rindo Berry salad, Tamato Berry pasta and Hoenn ramen noodles. I still didn't feel hungry even after all that food, though...

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I got a Cyndaquil and a Totodile, with their Hidden Abilities and egg moves, from a GTS giveaway. I plan to breed them in Level Balls and Lure Balls respectively after the Global Mission ends. Hopefully the mission ends with 2 million trades so that I can use my two Friend Balls (I still have the one from in-game) for the two Island Scan grass starters.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i finally cleared out 90% of my spare pkmn into WT and GTS to make space for normally evolving gen1-6 pkmn to be transfered over to sun. i doubt i'll fill the legend entries in gen7, too much hassle to lock them into gen7 games when i might still need them in gen6. atleast i will be able to clear 4-5 boxes on the 2ds PKbank app to make some space open. my sun game is almost ready to timewarp to get most of the needed national dex pkmn.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I EV-trained a bit. Most of my "Special"-attackers are now fully invested into SpA. Courtesy of the Psyduck of Brooklet Hill.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Discovered yesterday that the Squirtle and Bulbasaur I transferred from Yellow are female! Yeah I was surprised that I got two female starters so randomly from the same game without resetting.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So once I had returned to Malie city's port, Nanu showed up and informed me that he was Ula'ula Island's Kahuna. I pretended to be surprised and I was now asked to battle him.
- I somehow managed to sweep Nanu's Sableye, Krokorok and Persian and was given the Darkinium Z Crystal by Nanu. Next I saw Hau again who seemed to know where Lillie was.
- Hau told me that Team Skull and the Aether Foundation were working together, so I had to head back to visit the Aether Paradise to save Lillie. Gladion also wanted to help us out.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Checked my Pegaleo and stuff not much, gonna do more tonight

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Successfully managed to defeat Lusamine. It wasn't as hard as I thought, though my expectations were "Greevil with perfect IVs" level of through the roof. Sure helped that Bewear derped and used Pain Split most of the match. Afterwards I managed to catch Nebby in a Luxury Ball, which I considered incredibly appropriate. Like everyone, I kept the Nebby. Let's see it try to get out of that bag!

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Been trying to finish off the 'dex on Moon on about 70% at the moment and had a shot at SOS 'ing Dittos and I got myself a imposter Ditto with 3 flawless IVs I'm very impressed I didn't get to far on it but now I got the hang of it I will be chaining up a few more with 4 IVs this time I got about 20-30 in I don't keep count. Oh I also got to re-do the league as I didn't get Tapu Koko the first time round. I'm trying to get all evos that don't need trading and get those with better IVs/Natures/moves/breeding etc before I ask/trade.