• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
Continued with the training. I have battled so much at the Battle Buffet now that I know which Pokemon the majority of the trainers there are using just by seeing their overworld sprite, not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Anyway, I managed to get all of the remaining Pokemon I have been training to level 71 today. It means that this project is now done, though I might add more Pokemon to this training squad at some point in the future.

Team:
678-f.png
Hello Kitty - level 71
774-i.png
RF53A-SH3IC - level 71
773.png
No Name - level 71
792.png
Dreamchaser - level 71
792.png
Telethia - level 71
718.png
Zenith Order - level 71
801.png
Face Nemesis - level 71
793.png
Embracia - level 71
795.png
Insectoid - level 71

With this done, I boxed my old in-game team. I won't use them for anything anymore as my new training squad will take their place. But my in-game team served me well throughout the game up to this point (though I wish they had been faster), and I thank them for that. I'm not quite done with my new training squad for now either, I have one thing left which I want to use them for before starting on my next project, will get that done tomorrow.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
So today I went out and got a wild smeargle to learn recycle and caught it.
Took my Delemise and got it switcheroo, and took my syvleon and Laurantis out to chain Sos for a 6iv ditto.
Took twenty minutes to find one and had set everything up you know.
But I had let my smeargle keep a sketch for the ditto thinking it wouldnt harm it, about on the 39th wild ditto it called for help it struggled itself to death and I nearly threw my ds arcoss the room because I had planned to catch two, one imposter ditto and one for breeding.
Oh God thats hard to do.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Managed to get unexpectedly far in Moon Battle Tree (10 Battles?) and Sun Battle Royale (Master Rank).

---Weird, considering I'm using my normal team and the opponents' pogies are as *jacked* as they are in any other game.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Managed to get unexpectedly far in Moon Battle Tree (10 Battles?) and Sun Battle Royale (Master Rank).

---Weird, considering I'm using my normal team and the opponents' pogies are as *jacked* as they are in any other game.

I really think some games come down to luck. But congrats on making it :)
What I find funny is that the entry level "Normal" rank can somehow have two NPC trainers that Mega-evolve right off the bat.....

Aquarelle

Staff member
Added quite a few more Pokemon to my dex yesterday and today. Last night, I transferred some Pokemon up from Emerald and HeartGold. My main reason for transferring was to get Ditto of various Natures from my Emerald, but I also made sure to send over some Pokemon I needed for the Alola dex. These included Slowking, Milotic, and a Tauros & Staryu in Apricorn Balls.

Next, I bred the Milotic, Tauros, and Staryu I transferred. I needed Feebas for my dex and wanted to pass on the Tauros & Staryu's Apricorn Balls. Once I hatched the eggs, I evolved the newborn Staryu and stored it with the hatched Tauros and my transferred Milotic in my PC. Then, I Wonder Traded the Feebas and the transferred Staryu & Tauros since I didn't really need them. One of the Pokemon I received in return was Sableye, which, it turns out, I didn't have registered in my dex yet, so that was nice.

I then checked Poke Pelago and got an Emolga.

After that, I worked on getting the remaining Eeveelutions (already had Umbreon). So, I hatched several Eevee eggs and worked on evolving the Eevee. I was able to get every Eeveelution except Espeon since it was night. When I resumed playing this afternoon, the first thing I did was evolve the last Eevee into Espeon.

Most of the rest of my time today was spent levelling up Pokemon at the Battle Buffet. I was able to evolve most of the remaining level-up evos I had in my PC, including Mareanie, Cranidos, Tirtouga, and Mudbray.

Finally, I sent over a few Pokemon from Y: Goomy, Delibird, Petilil, Chinchou, Shieldon, and Archen.
Now, my Alola Pokedex is at 240 owned.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
wow, i made a huge mistake today and i cant even fix it. i got a shiny jolly trapinch on GTS and totally forgot to get super power on it before i let it evolve.... i got too preoccupied about getting ht last few Evs on it that the moves slipped my mind. i can deal without superpower on the set but it does hurt not to have that big damage on it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'm at 91% completion for the Dex. Just need to evolve a couple and then breed for about five. Kartana is the only Pokemon I haven't caught yet as I mainly play Moon but I'm almost done. I think I completed the Dex once in Black but then I restarted my game because I wanted to play the story over again.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Managed to finally hatch a 31/0/30/31/31/31 Pichu in a Fast Ball. Going straight into my team with my 6 IV Incineroar. Now I need to decide on the rest of my team, was thinking Exeggutor.

Think I'm going to try and get all the remaining stamps of my passport. Just need the double/multi battles and the photograph one.

Kalosian

So long
Did one thing today. I challenged the Elite Four twice, using all of the 12 Pokemon I have been training. It went without any major problems. As for the challengers I got to meet, I ended up having to fight Plumeria both times. That was a bit unexpected as I thought I would get to fight different trainers. Doesn't matter much though, I beat her both times without problems. And with that, I have done what I intended to use my new training squad for. Right now at least, they will be used for more things in the future. Next up, I'm going to do some other things. To start with, I will try the Battle Tree for real. But before I can start, I need to plan a team that I'm going to use. Going to start with planning a team for the Super Single line, which will likely take a little bit of time as it usually does. In the meantime, I will do some other minor things in the game.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I started a sun wonderlocke. Since the bank update I should get interesting wonder trades. I just defeated the first trial and here is my current team:
tyrunt lv 12
Cuty the carbink lv 12
lolololowl XD the rowlet lv 12
cutiefly with moon blast lv 13
also my tyrunt has dragon claw and dragon dance ^^ Also my team all have good natures. In my box currently is
grubbin lv 1
pichu lv 3
zubat lv 11
the grubbin has an adament nature so it's going to rot in the pc )=

Dirtymitt

Looking to fill dex/trade/battle. Looking for slowking (or slowpokewith Kings rock) i have a slowpoke for trade in exchange. Friend code 4098-7399-5353

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
I did grinding with my Sivally last night and GTSing a lot.

As well as got my plaza rank up to 15, I know not impressive but atm I don't really care for now.
Oh and leveled my cosmoneum to 53, to get another solgaleo, but dropped it in this GTS for a Lunala.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I just beat Hau for the 3rd time. He wasn't to difficult. I also got an Alolan vulpix and a mareanie from wondertrade. I have a pretty good team even though 3 are part fairy. Current team:
Tyrunt lv 14
Carbink lv 12
Rowlet lv 13
Cutiefly lv 13
Vulpix lv 12
Mareanie lv 8

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started with a Trade on the GTS for the Global mission. It was my Nosepass for a Flareon. Most GTS trades are Crazy or impossible so im lucky i got that. I then went back to Akala Outskirts and caught another Nosepass. Checked Poke Pelago real quick and found a wild Fletchling and Pinsir wandering around. Also got Red and Yellow Shards from Aphun. Spent some time on Route 11 searching for a Komala to help build the Pelago. Komala Was suprisingly hard to capture. Broke out of 5 Ultra Balls and 2 Great Balls before it was caught in a nest ball, Also caught a Morelull and Pancham on the way. Made a dash all the way to Tapu Village to catch an Alola Vulpix. Named it KeoKeo for its pokedex entry. Considered using a Geodude but didnt feel like serching for its hidden ability. Went back through Route 12 to battle the Trainers. Caught an elekid and Torkoal on the way way. The next day i grabbed the Pinsir and Fletchling from Pelego. Found a Bruxish on route 13 to give me my 45 pokemon. Spotted A wild Staryu on Abeens. Then developed Rank 2 of Aphun and unlocked Evelup. On the way to Aether House i caught a second Vulpix. Put in on the GTS asking for a Sandshrew. KeoKeo handled the Skull grunt on the way out of Aether.

Team
Archer - Decidueye lvl 36
Rainbow - Grimer lvl 36
Jupiter - Araquanid lvl 36
Plushy - Bewear lvl 36
KeoKeo - Vulpix lvl 34

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Short update..

Have been doing some trades. I now have a female Litten and Popplio that I could use for breeding. Yay. That's definitely on the to-do-list.

Meanwhile, I've beaten Olivia (her Midnight trashed my Midday since I swapped in and probably lost a speedtie), got a ride to the Aether Paradise - met Lusamine, fought an Ultra Beast, arrived at Ula'ula Island, but immediately backtracked to Akala. I had this feeling as if I was snowballing through the game, while I still had a lot to do on the to-do-list, so I didn't want to go ahead and delve further into the game.

Currently, what's on my list is:

Short term:
1. Catch a Sandygast and trade for an Oranguru.
2. Breed and Train the Litten, Popplio and Bounsweet. Edit: I just checked and I finally got a male Comfey with Play Rough from the GTS. Now I can get that on the Bounsweet.
3. Train a bucketload of what I have left.
- MeleMele (Minus Litten and Popplio) still need 29 Levels total..
- Akala: Not counting Bounsweet, Sandygast and Oranguru - I still need 45 levels across the board, mostly due to the Cubone and Passimian sitting at 19 and 20 respectively.

Long term:
4. I still have a female Jolly Contrary Fomantis that I want to get Leaf Storm+Giga Drain and a Timid nature on.. But since I only capture Alolan and Alolan Forme Pokémon (with a few necessary exceptions: Synchronizer Abra and Flame Body Magby (and I've made a few errors already: I've caught an Adamant Scrappy Kangaskhan and a Rufflet for some reason), I kinda am searching for a timid, male Alolan Exeggutor with Leaf Storm and Giga Drain.. But since Giga Drain is an Egg move for A-Exeggutor, I'll probably never find a perfect combo, so next best thing is chaining a Timid Male Shiinotic with Giga Drain, with an Exeggcute, train a female hatched Exeggcute up all the way to where it has learned Worry Seed (it's handy to determine abilities while SOS'ing), evolve it, let it learn Leaf Storm at Level 47 and then breed that thing with my Fomantis that's waiting in my box atm. In any case, this will be a long term goal.. Or if anybody here has that and is willing to loan me that Exeggutor for that sole breeding purpose, hit me up with a PM.. xD

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got a minioar which is kind of interesting so I replaced my carbink with it. I just beat Hau at pon town. Current team
Tyrunt lv 17
Dartrix lv 18
Cutiefly lv 16
Vulpix lv 17
Mareanie lv 16
Minioar lv 15

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So I explored Seafolk Village when I had arrived and I did some shopping at the Pokemon Center and then I exchanged Pokemon and I received the Lucky Punch item next hee hee.
- As I walked around, I passed a fisherman on a porch and got my hands on the Flash Cannon Tm, which I taught to my Vikavolt and now I ate at the local restaurant in Seafolk Village.
- After receiving a Heart Scale in the noodle restaurant, some girl gave me a free Aerodactyl yay. I fished for a Dhelmise as well and then left the village and visited the Poni Wilds. ^^

Aquarelle

Staff member
Evolved some more Pokemon today. I used a Sun Stone to evolve my Petilil, then returned to the Battle Buffet to level up the other unevolved Pokemon I transferred the other day. I was able to fully evolve Chinchou, Shieldon, and Archen and got Goomy to evolve into Sliggoo. Also, I discovered that I hadn't evolved my Rockruff yet, even though I could've sworn I did, so I levelled it up and evolved it into Lycanroc.

Next, I headed up to Route 2 and caught a Drowzee. Before I started working on evolving it, I transferred over several more Pokemon from Omega Ruby: Paras, Igglybuff, Carvanha, Vullaby, Weavile, and Vanillite. Once that was done, I fully evolved Drowzee and Igglybuff.
My Alola dex is now at 256 owned.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
So today I went out and got a wild smeargle to learn recycle and caught it.
Took my Delemise and got it switcheroo, and took my syvleon and Laurantis out to chain Sos for a 6iv ditto.
Took twenty minutes to find one and had set everything up you know.
But I had let my smeargle keep a sketch for the ditto thinking it wouldnt harm it, about on the 39th wild ditto it called for help it struggled itself to death and I nearly threw my ds arcoss the room because I had planned to catch two, one imposter ditto and one for breeding.
Oh God thats hard to do.

Did you switcharoo with a leppa berry? I tried it with a keflikey (I cant spell it the key one), which only had recycle and switcharoo with Dhelmise and found this to work perfectly I found the technique on YouTube I got a 3IV Imposter Ditto. I'm going to try again soon but do you want it?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So as I made my way through the Poni Wilds area, I caught an Exeggcute and Gastrodon and I used the Lapras Paddle thingy as well and caught a Tentacruel and Lumineon too.
- I grabbed a Dusk Stone and went berry picking when I had gone back to the shore, then I defeated a few trainers and found another Zygarde Cell. I think I have like 50 now. ^^
- I approached the Ancient Poni Path and saw Hapu and her Mudsdale nearby. She gave me directions to the Ruins of Hope next and I had to pass through the Poni Breaker Coast. :]