• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
Decided to participate in the new Global Mission on both of my games, the goal should be easy to reach this time. I guess we are already past it, haven't checked since yesterday. But I will do my part as well, going to do a little bit of breeding on both games relatively soon.

Moon: Did a few more things at the Battle Tree. Started by entering the Double line since I wanted to unlock the Super Double line. Entered with a team of Greninja, Nihilego, Mega Salamence and Celesteela. I was able to win the first 19 battles without problems, got to face Blue in battle #20 and was able to beat him with ease as well. With that, I had unlocked the Super Double line.

Continued with the Multi line, because I wanted to unlock Super Multi as well. Hadn't really scouted any good partners, but I decided to enter together with Guzma as he was one of the three trainers I had scouted. I used Greninja and Mega Salamence on my team, Guzma had Mega Pinsir and Liepard. Unfortunately, it didn't go very well. We won a few battles but got into several difficult situations, then we lost in Battle #9. It didn't work as well as I had hoped, guess I'll make another try with a new strategy. I also need to remember to scout good trainers while battling at the Super lines later on. Will make another try tomorrow.

Sun: Trained my team a bit more, then I went to Mount Lanakila. Started climbing it. Met Gladion at the bottom, beat him and continued climbing. This place would really have benefitted from being larger and actually having trainers to battle as well, right now it feels like a very lackluster "Victory Road", especially after the great ones we got in Gen 5 & 6. Oh well. I found the Icium Z at least, the last hidden Z-crystal and the least regular one I needed, now I have all 18. Won't use this for my team though.

Arrived at the top, met Hau there. Battled him and won without problems. Decided to make some changes to my team before the final challenge. I taught Ice Beam to Wishiwashi thanks to the TM I found inside Mount Lanakila. Krookodile learned Earthquake at level 54, I also taught it Bulk Up though TM as I couldn't think of a better fourth move. Then I gave it the Groundium Z to hold instead of the Darkinium. I taught Brave Bird and Flare Blitz to Talonflame through the move relearner, also gave it the Firium Z to hold. This should hopefully make my team strong enough for all future challenges.

Then I left and headed back to Vast Poni Canyon to train a bit further. I eventually got all members of the team to level 58, which was my goal. Turned the Exp. Share off again. Flew back to Mount Lanakila and bought some more healing items, better safe than sorry. Now, the time has come... for the Elite Four. Which I'll challenge tomorrow.

Team:
724.png
- level 58
743.png
- level 58
745.png
- level 58
746.png
- level 58
663.png
- level 58
553.png
- level 58

AmethystLeslie

Still on cleanup breeding, and I've got about 20 pokemon left to whittle down on how many i wanna breed. I think that stuff that's a little diffcult to breed for, like single gendered or genderless pokemon I'll store in the bank for now.

Among the stuff I bred, a shiny Spiritomb hatched when i was looking for a female with Infiltrator. It waa female, but didn't have Infiltrator. It took 4 eggs, my new personal best.

It always pisses me off in a weird way that my shiny luck is so good, I get a shiny before the rarest encounter/the pokemon i actually want to hatch. I remember in my 2nd run of Platinum, I found a shiny Wingull in Route 222, before I found the rarest encounter on the route, Magneton. I found the 1/8192 before the 1/20. Was my second shiny in the playthrough as well.

I was also Wonder Trading a bit to clean my boxes. And by "a bit" i mean 3 boxes, because I wanted to trade until it was time for bed. I'll sort through who to keep in the morning.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I will eventually get Mimikyu. Should I replace Tsareena or Lycanroc?

Flamer

Competed in the Kanto x Alola competition the weekend before last. Actually went pretty well, considering that it was my first go at competitive battles in Gen 7, and I'm not exactly much of a battler at the best of times anyway. Ended up with a winning record, something like 9-7, although can't remember exactly. My team was:

Arcanine
Cloyster
Mimkuyi
Nihilego
Salamence
Tapu Koko

Very fast, offensive team, which suited my play style, and the 3v3 format well. MVP was a toss up between Arcanine and Tapu Koko. Unlike a lot of the team, Arcanine was incredibly versatile, bulky enough to take a hit or two, great coverage, fast with a priority move to boot, and hit hard too. Got me out of a fair few sticky situations. Tapu Koko was just a beast. So fast, especially with the Electric Terrain, and incredibly powerful. Made for a great lead too, with Volt Switch and U-Turn allowing me to set up well at the start.

Biggest let down was probably Salamence. Went with a Draco Meteor and Z-Crystal special build, giving him two nukes. Unfortunately, I never wound up in the situation were I could really deploy either. The amount of Faries running around made it nigh-on impossible to find a clean opening, and he didn’t really have a plan B, so often ended up being dead weight. Relative lack of speed didn’t help either.

After the competition I went back to work on my Dex. In training the team I’d filled out the rest of the Bagon line and got a Alolan Muk, (although he didn’t make the final cut), leaving me with just Slowking to complete the Melemele Dex. Went to the trainer school and battle the headmistress, who gave me a Kings Rock as a reward for beating her. Then gave it to Slowpoke and put him up on the GTS, where a very kind person called Emma traded my her Slowking for him. If you’re reading this, thank you Emma. With that my Melemele dex was complete :)

Now on Akala Island breeding some more competitive Pokemon, (imported a few egg move ones from AS) and working on my Akala Dex

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i did my part and hatched 60 eggs for the global mission in my attempt for a heavy ball magnemite. i'll follow it up with a moon ball rockruff to get a good 5IV pkmn. the ones with insufficient IVs will make for great trades on GTS.

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Made another try at Multi line in the Battle Tree. This time, I battled with Cynthia as my partner. Unfortunately, it didn't go well this time either, we lost after 5 battles or something, don't remember the exact number. I think I'll wait with trying to unlock the Super Multi line for now, going to try again later once I have scouted some better trainers. Instead, I will move on to other things. Decided to breed and catch some Pokemon. Those were mostly the Moon exclusives which I need a copy of each as I am going to trade them to Sun later on. Catching and hatching them was easy and went fast, so that is now done. Tomorrow, it is time to start on yet another project I have been planning for a while.

Sun: Today, it was finally time for the Elite Four. After listening to Professor Kukui talking about it, I entered. Decided to challenge them in order like I did on Moon.

So, first out was Hala. Ribombee and Talonflame had the advantage against him, and I beat him without major problems, though his Pokemon were rather bulky and survived more hits than I had expected.
Next was Olivia. I used Krookodile, Decidueye and Wishiwashi against her. She was the easiest of the four, none of her Pokemon gave me any real trouble.
Third in line was Nanu Acerola. I used Krookodile, Decidueye, Lycanroc and Wishiwashi against her but it wasn't all easy, she gave me surprisingly much trouble.
Finally, it was time for Hapu Kahili. I used Talonflame to beat her Skarmory, then Lycanroc to smash the rest of her team. It was quite easy, though her Mandibuzz was bulky and survived a lot of hits.

With that, I had beaten the Elite Four and was the new Champion of Alola! Not. Because I still had the final challenge left, a battle against Professor Kukui. He was really hard. I had to use my entire team against him, he managed to beat almost all of my Pokemon and I had to use a Max Revive in order to win. But I made it in the end. And so, I was the Champion. It was time for the grand celebration, which took a while but I don't mind because it is really cool, and this will be the only time in the game when I get to see it. I got to face Tapu Koko in a battle but didn't feel like catching it quite yet, so I beat it with my Krookodile. Will get back to it later, once I feel ready. Finally, I got to watch the credits. Lillie left, her story came to an end. As for me, this was but the first chapter of my story in the game, there are many chapters left.

I arrived back in my house on Route 1. Hau appeared and gave me 2 Z-crystals. Got the invitation to go to the Akala Motel from a stranger outside, but I will wait with that until later. I went down to Professor Kukui, got the Lucky Egg from him. Went to Poni Island, I want to explore the last areas of it. But first, it was time for another trial. I had to battle Dexio in order to see what Mega Evolution could do. The battle turned out to be surprisingly easy, my Krookodile swept his team and he never got the opportunity to Mega Evolve his Alakazam since he played badly. I won, got the Key Stone and an Alakazite. Entered the Poni Grove. Before I continue further, I am going to train my team a bit, until they are at level 64-65 or so. Turned the Exp. Share on, used the Lucky Egg and started training. Managed to get them all to level 63, and along the way, I caught a Pinsir and a Riolu, so that's good. Will complete the training either tomorrow or later today.

Team:
724.png
- level 63
743.png
- level 63
745.png
- level 63
746-s.png
- level 63
663.png
- level 63
553.png
- level 63

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I decided to SOS chain Eevee until I got an Espeon. Spoiler alert; it's less of a pain to level up via friendship. My team has been leveled up to take on Olivia, who's still ferocious. She handed me my first defeat in Gen VII. On that note Illima's Smeargle was a terrifying opponent early on

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Next up on this game, I am going to catch the four Tapu and Necrozma. I had planned to do it once I had beaten the Super Single line at the Tree, and here we are. Going to start with the Tapu and do them in order. So first out was Tapu Koko. Did some preparations and put together a party consisting of the Pokemon I needed, then I flew to Iki Town and headed up to the Ruins of Conflict. Interacted with the Shrine and got to meet Tapu Koko. I was able to swipe it down to 1 HP and put it to sleep, then I caught it after throwing balls for a while. Checked its summary and it had the wrong Nature. I reset.

Tried again. This time, I managed to catch it on the first ball, which was surprising. It had the wrong Nature once more though, so I reset again. On the third attempt, I was able to catch it relatively quickly and now, it had the right Nature. So I kept it. Left the Ruins, don't think I'll ever go back. Tomorrow, I'll continue with the next one.

Sun: Trained my team until they were all at level 65. Along the way, I also managed to catch a Chansey which got SOSed up by a Riolu, that was very unexpected. Once I was done, I started exploring new areas. Explored Poni Grove, though there wasn't a lot to be found there. Continued to Poni Plains, beat all trainers there, found several items and caught a bunch of Pokemon. Then I explored Poni Meadow and Resolution Cave.

Continued to Poni Coast, it is small and there wasn't a lot to see there. Then I arrived at Poni Gauntlet. Battled the trainers here, found items and caught some Pokemon, most notably a Dratini which I somehow managed to fish up. That was an unexpected but very positive surprise. I met Mina here again and got to battle her after beating all the other trainers, she wasn't all easy as I don't have any good way of handling Fairy-types with my team. Fairy is my favorite type and I always have one on my teams, but I don't always have a good check towards opposing Fairy-types, which can make things difficult.

Once I had beaten her, I continued to the Battle Tree. Met Red and Blue, decided to battle Red since I battled Blue in Moon. I won against him, but he wasn't all easy either. After beating him, they left, but I will meet them again in the future... Decided to try the Battle Tree a little now that I was here. Entered the Single line with Talonflame, Ribombee and Krookodile, won 3 battles, then I stopped. Will get back and take on the challenge for real in the future, but it will take a while since I have a bunch of other things I want to get done first.

Now I have explored all of Poni Island. Tomorrow, I am going to do a bit of breeding and maybe some other things too.

Team:
724.png
- level 67
743.png
- level 67
745.png
- level 67
746-s.png
- level 67
663.png
- level 67
553.png
- level 67

This will also be the last time I post my team since I won't focus on training them anymore. But this team worked well, and they will continue helping me with various things in the post-game.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Finally traded for Popplio in both of my versions. Now all I have left to register in my Pokedex are some trade evolutions and... TA-DA! Pokedex complete!

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I completed my Alola Pokedex, which is a first time for me since ever other past generation I cared nothing about completing the Pokedex.

I also collected the Shiny Charm.

Well nothing left to do but, level grind, breed, and possibly shiny hunt new Pokemon :)

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Did some preparations, then it was time for the next Tapu. Headed down to the Ruins of Life and got to battle Tapu Lele. It was quite strong and took quite many balls to catch, but I got it eventually. However, it had the wrong Nature, so I reset. Tried again, it took about the same amount of time and balls as for the first try, and got it once more. This time, it had the right Nature, so I kept it. Now I have caught 2 of the Tapu, which means I am halfway done with them. Will get the next one tomorrow.

Sun: Started by catching a Vulpix and a Cottonee here, will trade them to Moon later on. Then I did a bit of breeding. First, I hatched a bunch of Rowlet as well as all the remaining non-legendary Pokemon exclusive to this game. After that, I continued by hatching Abra. Going to continue until I have all the useful Synchronize Natures here as well, though I will probably trade over some from Moon in the end. In total, I hatched more than 20 eggs so I went to the Battle Tree and obtained the Judge feature from the Ace Trainer there. Now I can check IVs, which is epic. I also used the GTS a little. Managed to obtain a Litten and Popplio in reasonable trades, so now I have all three Alola starters. In total, I have hatched 10 out of the 18 useful Sync Natures so far, which is good. Will continue breeding, my goal is to have all of them tomorrow.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Moon: An odd question to ask I've been hatching Slowpoke eggs to get a good Slowking as part of my filling the 'dex with the better pokemons with awkward trading i.e. trading/items/daytimes etc.. and I've hatched a rash (Good nature) slowpoke, I've put the judge on it and it says best for attack/def/speed/sp.def/sp.attack and very good for HP. When I put these into Serebii's IV checker it didn't come out as 31IV in these so are these perfect IVs and the HP maybe at 29/30?

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Taught Soak to my capture Smeargle since I would need it for my next capture, and it might be useful for future captures as well. Put together the party I needed, then I went to Ula'ula Island and flew to the Ruins of Abundance. Entered and was able to solve the Strength puzzle with ease. Interacted with the statue and got to battle Tapu Bulu.

This thing proved to be a bit more painful to get than the previous two, I had to catch it five times before it finally had the right Nature. Fortunately, it was quite easy to catch on most of the attempts, the only exception was the final try. Once I had it, I left. I then connected to Bank and stored a bunch of Pokemon (mostly Abra from past breedings) I had been having in my boxes without any use for which I stored on Bank, got some BP as well. Now I just have one Tapu left to catch here, which I'll get tomorrow.

Sun: Continued breeding Abra. I eventually managed to obtain all useful Sync Natures except for one. Decided to not try to get it through more breeding. Instead, I traded over the last one I needed from Moon as I had one extra there. So now I have all 18 useful Sync Natures here too, they will be useful for the future.

Once I was done, I connected to Bank for the first time on this game, storing the breeding leftovers there. I have filled almost 50 boxes on Bank on this system, I wonder if I will ever fill them all... probably not, but we never know. I also updated the Bank Pokedex with the stats from this game, which I will do again in the future once I have completed the Dex here on the actual game. Anyway, I received a lot of BP and the Mewnium Z for connecting to Bank for the first time. I also played Y a little and connected it to Bank to update it with data for said game, since I hadn't done that before. Next up on Sun, it is time for a new adventure to start!

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
So I did Battle Tree Doubles today. I used the same team I did in singles (Goodra, Xurkitree, Celesteela) but with Mudsdale added. I was able to get the necessary wins this time to reach Blue.

Compared to Red, who was pretty much a stall war, Blue was a joke. Xurkitree pretty much swept his entire team, though Mudsdale did help take out Tyranitar with Heavy Slam and weaken Exeggutor with Payback. I didn't even need to use my Pokémon in the back. After winning, I got 20 BP and unlocked Super Doubles.

I'm not sure if I'll attempt Battle Tree Multi quite yet. Been hearing AI partners aren't very good and finding a friend is harder than it looks.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I got my Festival Plaza rank up to 674. I raised and hyper trained both my shiny Mimikyu and my shiny Greninja. Half of my first battle team are shiny now. I'm actively participating in the current global mission by MMing for shiny Magikarp. Currently at about 100 eggs.

AmethystLeslie

Maybe I need a break from cleanup breeding, and homework is not what I had in mind for that.

But anyway, I was breeding for a female Eevee, and it took forever. Not just because of the high egg cycles it apparently has, but because it took me 54 eggs (well, 49 after replacing the original Eevee parent with a Calm one) to get a FEMALE. It didn't even have Anticipation. I was just so done at that point, that I chose not to finish the Eevee breeding project.

So now I decided to move on to breeding Cleffa, trying to breed for a male, because I can.

I should probably play the other games I have for once.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Done some grinding. With my Poke Pelago I'm at the stage I can hunt for treasures, which I plan to do to afford the exorbitant TMs because I'm a completionist nut. I'm going to replace Lycanroc in future with Mimikyu

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Today, it was time for the fourth and final Tapu on this game. With the Pokemon I needed in my party, I went to Poni Island and to the Ruins of Hope. There, I met Tapu Fini. This thing proved to be harder than I thought, I didn't know it would have Aqua Ring and I hadn't prepared for that at all. Accuracy drops from Muddy Water were also quite annoying. I eventually caught it, but it did of course have the wrong Nature. Not a single one of the Tapu have had the right Nature on the first try, which is a tad annoying.

I decided to try again, but with a somewhat different strategy. After doing some research, I found that Heal Block does prevent the healing from Aqua Ring, so I sketched Heal Block onto my Smeargle, then I made another try. It was still a bit tough to catch but I got it again, and now, it had the right Nature. I kept it. Now I have caught the four Tapu. Still got one final special Pokemon left to catch though, will try to get it tomorrow.

Sun: Started by looking for some new berries under berry trees and I managed to find the two I was looking for: Ganlon and Coba. With this, I believe I have all obtainable berries in this game. Afterwards, I flew to Royal Avenue and spoke to Kagetora, activating the Eevee quest. Then I started on the next thing I will do here. Which is to re-explore all islands, looking for Zygarde Cells and Cores, Eeveelution trainers and various other things related to the post-game. I had around 70 Zygarde pieces already which is good, but I'm going to look for the remaining ones until I have them all. Going to do the islands in order, so I started exploring Melemele first.

Explored most of the Island today, I only have Route 2, Route 3 and Kala'e Bay left. Along the way, I met two of the Eeveelution trainers, battled them and won. Found a few Zygarde Cells too, also battled some other trainers which I had unlocked now that I had become the Champion. Tried the Battle Buffet too and it went unexpectedly well. I also finally bought a cool hat for my character, it was a bit expensive but I felt that I could afford it now. That's it for now, more exploration soon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Sun: I took some time off because I couldn't figure what I wanted on my team, but I ended up trading over a chimchar. I'm trying to GTS for a piplup to use on the team also. So far I have: Growlithe, farfetch'd, glameow, chimchar, tepig, soon to be piplup. I modeled the team after my siblings and all our partners lol (theres 3 of us, and we each have a partner). So it's fun that way :) Currently training to beat Lana's trial, with all my fire types I'm not doing that great against it lol. Im not training with exp share too so it's slow and fun :)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have finally gone to Level 5 on my Pokefinder! As for now, I'm currently thinking two of my final teammates will be Mimikyu and Dhelmise. Normally I'm against having multiple Pokemon with the same type, but they share only one weakness(themselves) and the latter's ability is the closest any Pokemon gets to triple typing. Plus it has one of the highest BSTs of the new Pokemon outside starters, legendaries and psuedo-legendaries