• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I got my Festival Plaza rank up to 787. I got up to 2.5 million likes on my Poke-Finder. Two days ago I matched all 5 numbers at the loto ID center and won a Master Ball. No luck yet in getting a shiny Magikarp or Cubchoo, but to be fair, I need to make a little more effort at that. :3

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have managed to capture the rest of the Tapus, along with getting babby Cosmog and Edgelord Chimera. They were not nearly as easy as Koko, especially Lele. Time for the after journey, and notably keeping my anchor at the same level as the rest

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished up in Po Town. Guzma almost beat my entire team with his golisapod because I brought a terrible team. Luckily skorupi badily poisoned it. Next I will be grinding to lv 37 before battling Hanu.

Aquarelle

Staff member
This afternoon, I took a look at the Ultra Beasts that I'd transferred over from Moon a while ago and picked out the best Pheromosa and Celesteela I had. Once that was done, I got into several wild Pokemon battles in order to pass the Pokerus onto the Pheromosa and Celesteela.

Next, I decided to EV train that Pheromosa together with my best Kartana. That was pretty easy and didn't take too long at all. Afterwards, I taught both Ultra Beasts some moves until I was satisfied with their movesets, then tried them out in some trainer battles. I used them against the Battle Buffet trainers and Morimoto at the Game Freak office. Was able to get both Pheromosa and Kartana to level 65.

Next time, I think I'll either train another Ultra Beast or two or go back to the Battle Tree.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've fully traversed Poni Island. I got my first major challenge in a while. Surprised I was able to beat Red on the first true...he was not easy. Now I'm going to level up my Type: Null, Riolu and Nebby Jr at Vast Poni Canyon. I need dat Metal Coat and Razor Claw to complete my Alola Dex. Nebby's babby is already a Cosmoem

Kalosian

So long
Moon: I have done a few different things here. To start with, I added some more Pokemon to the Pokedex. Did a couple of trades with Sun and added the trade evolutions from the Akala Dex, which were the following: Politoed, Milotic and Magmortar. With that, my Akala Dex was complete. I went to Game Freak and got another Stamp on my Passport. Will continue with the rest of the Pokedex alongside Sun, the Dexes for the two remaining Islands will likely be done rather soon as well.

Then I continued at the Battle Tree as well. Won several more battles, but ended up losing in battle #182. There were multiple reasons for my loss. I played badly at some parts the most notable being that I let my Salamence get KO'd on the first turn of the battle, I also got haxed a bit as my opponent's Gyarados flinched my Chansey with Waterfall at the worst possible moment. I could have won if I had just played better, but it is too late for that now. Battle Video: PLYW-WWWW-WWW6-Q8DM. It feels a bit sour as I was quite close to reaching 200 battles in a row, but I can live with it. Don't feel like trying again since the team could make things rather slow at times... more often than not, in fact. That said, it worked extremely well and I'm happy about it.

Besides, my goal was not really to win 200 in a row, but rather to scout various trainers to find someone that I could use a partners in the Multi Line. And that's something I have done. Out of the trainers I had scouted, I hoped that at least one of them could be a useful partner. Decided to try the Multi Line to see how it would go. Started by making one attempt where I entered with Pheromosa and Greninja together with a partner that had Azelf and Virizion. It started out well as usual and we won a few battles, but then we got into troublesome situations and lost before battle #10, just like on my previous attempts.

Decided to try again with a different setup. I entered with Greninja and Celesteela, teamed up with a partner who had Mega Metagross and non-mega Mega Gardevoir. One of the few times I'll ever use my least favorite Pokemon on my side of the field, I guess. This streak went much better. We got into a few tough situations, most notably one where I lost both of my Pokemon and my partner had to win on their own. It was a bit scary, but it wasn't that bad in the end. Anyway, we managed to get past the first 19 battles and got to battle Red and Blue at battle #20. Beating them was easy, we won without any problems. For beating them, I got some BP and unlocked the Super Multi Line! Which I will have to beat at some point in the future as well, not really looking forward to it... but one thing at a time. It will be a while before I get there anyway.

Next up, I'm going to take a break from the Battle Tree... only to continue with it soon. Now that I have beaten Super Single, I should continue with Super Double. And for that, I need a new team. Going to plan it first, have already started slightly, but there is a lot left to plan. In the meantime, I'll do some other minor things here on this game. Thought I should take some photos with the Poke Finder, I need to get 1.5 million likes to get that final upgrade at some point in the future... and while I have gotten version 4 already, I still have a very long way left to go. But I'll get there one day. Started somewhat now, took a few pictures at various places.

Sun: Continued with the Pokedex. Did some trades with Moon to add the trade evolutions from the Akala Dex to my Pokedex, which were the following: Politoed, Milotic, Magmortar and Trevenant. With that, my Akala Dex was complete. Went to Game Freak and got another Stamp on my Passport. 2 Island Dexes done, 2 left!

So next up is the Ula'ula Dex. Started on it, will do it in the same order as the previous ones. Started with the Pokemon I had to catch, which were the following: Cleffa, Gabite, Bruxish, two Snorunt, Vanillite and Vanillish. Not as many as in the previous dexes, which was expected. When I had caught all I needed, I had one more thing to do before moving on to the next step. I had to obtain an item as well. A Razor Claw, which can only be found as a hold item on wild dragons in Vast Poni Canyon. Did some preparations, then I went there. After searching for about half an hour, I found a wild Jangmo-o. Forced it to start making SOS calls for other dragons to help it, and it eventually SOSed up a Kommo-o, which was holding a Razor Claw that my Ribombee stole. Then I caught a Hakamo-o before ending the battle.

Now I was ready to start on the Ula'ula Dex for real. Started with regular evolutions as always. I have done almost all of them at this point. Feels like it went by very fast, but there weren't that many to begin with, so it isn't that strange. I have 2 regular evolutions left, both of which should be done by tomorrow.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished getting everyone to lv 37. I also decided to stop training Hawlucha since it has really bad attacks and doesn't really get any better ones. After I beat Hau barely because I had a bad team. Next I got to Aether paradise but came back to the city because I forgot to switch my team >.> next I will be completing Aether paradise.

Kalosian

So long
On Sun, I continued with the Pokedex. Did the last two regular evolutions from the Ula'ula Dex, which were Weavile and Garchomp. Then I had to do a little bit of breeding. Hatched two Pokemon: Beldum and Gible. After that, I did the stone evolutions from the Ula'ula Dex, which were the following: Clefable, Froslass, Sandslash and Ninetales. Now I just have trade evolutions left from the Ula'ula Dex, will do them tomorrow.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Thank the maker, I have managed to get a Kings Rock, Metal Coat and Razor Claw. Now I can actually complete my Pokedex. Because Jangmo-o has Screech, can raise its attack and is super rare it was the most frustrating thing of all to get what's necessary for Sneasel's evolution. Unfortunately the GTS when it comes to trade item evolutions takes forever

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Added a few more Pokemon to the Pokedex here. Did some trades with Sun to add the trade evolutions from the Ula'ula Dex. They were the following: Electivire, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z. With that, my Ula'ula Dex was complete. Went to Game Freak and got another Stamp on my Trainer's Passport. I have also continued with taking photos and planning my next team, but haven't really gotten very far with either... guess I'll continue with both during the rest of the week.

Sun: Did some trades with Moon to add the trade evolutions from the Ula'ula Dex to my Pokedex. They were the following: Electivire, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z. When that was done, my Ula'ula Dex was complete here as well. Got another Stamp on my Trainer's Passport from the Game Freak Director afterwards.

Next up... the final Island Dex, which is Poni. There aren't a lot of Pokemon in it, and I already have the majority of them. Only 12 left to get in total. Will do them in the same order as always. First, I had to catch some Pokemon, but only 2 this time around. The two I had to catch were Relicanth and Sharpedo. Found and caught them both relatively quickly Then I had to obtain an item as well. A Metal Coat. Finding it took a while, though.

I started SOS chaining Magnemite on Route 1, but it took very long before I found one with a Metal Coat. After using Thief on about 100 Magnemite, I finally found one holding a Metal Coat. My Krookodile stole it from the magnetic bastard, then I ended the battle. That felt like one thing you shouldn't have to go through, yet the game forces you in order to get something you need... oh well, it is at least over now. Next up, I am going to start on the regular evolutions from the Poni Dex... which aren't many at all, so this should go fast.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished up at Aether paradise. I also beat Lusamine prerty easily. After that I got to Poni Island and beat all of the trainers in poni wilds. Then I went to the ruins and finally went to exegutor iskand. Now I need to get everyone to lv 43 before battling Hapu. I also stoped training Venusaur because it's not a good nature and I evolved skorupi and lairon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I went back to the Battle Tree. I did the regular Multi Battles again since I wanted to unlock Super Multis. Took me several tries to finally clear all 20 battles. The first few times, I tried using my Kartana partnered with another Pokemon, but just couldn't get that far. I reached battle 10 once, but I also had losses on the second and fifth battles. My Kartana wasn't doing as well as I thought it would, plus my partner (the default one, only one I have right now...didn't learn how to scout other trainers until earlier today oops) was pretty dumb sometimes.

After losing 3 or 4 times, I dumped Kartana and just went with a team of Nihilego and Garchomp. Those two worked pretty well for me, plus my partner's Barbaracle and Hawlucha ended up being useful for the most part. As a result, I was finally able to reach battle 20, where I fought Red & Blue. That battle was quite tough and I thought I was going to lose at one point, but fortunately my Garchomp survived Venusaur's Bloom Doom with 7 or so HP and was able to KO back with Earthquake.
So, I won and unlocked Super Multi at last.

Next, I left the Battle Tree to go take more pictures on the Poke Finder. I went to about 8 or 9 different locations around Alola and took a ton of photos. I was able to get over 300,000 (probably closer to 340,000 IIRC) new thumbs up, bringing my total to just over 600,000.

So today i was planning to breed an shiny emboar with sucker punch but had to get a female tepig viva breeding in to order pass down sucker punch onto the baby & while i was in the car with my mom on our way to the store i picked up my eggs from the daycare as usual & after only 2 eggs i got a shiny tepig!Like what can i say?Granted i wanted one with sucker punch but i'm much gonna stick with this baby & change my moveset into something else cause i didn't want this one to feel like chopped liver or in this case chopped ham.
:p

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Tried today to collect more clothes, still don't understand the system. It says I already purchased certain clothes colours even though they don't appear when I go to the changing room. Plaza guests often say that it's 'difficult to order this item' too. Idk if the game is simply glitching or if there's a limit to the number of clothes you can carry at a time.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Went to collect the loot from my pokemon's latest "interesting item" hunt yesterday and lo and behold I got my first Gold Bottle Cap!

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Haven't done a lot here, but did a few small things at least. Did a trade with Sun which added Scizor to my Pokedex. This was the last Pokemon I needed for my Poni Dex, so it was now complete. Got another Stamp on my Trainer's Passport for that. Now I just have the Alola Dex left, and the National Dex on Bank. But I will wait with both of them for a little longer, though I will get both of them done soon though.

I have also continued with other things. I have taken more pictures with the Poke Finder, now my total amount of thumbs up is now higher than 500.000. So I have come a third of the way to the goal now, will continue with getting it even further at a later point. I have also continued with planning my next team for the Battle Tree and I have decided which four Pokemon to use for the team, though I still have several more details left to plan. Will continue on that, then I'll start on obtaining the team members.

Sun: Continued on the Pokedex. Did everything there was left to do on the Poni Dex. First of all, I did the regular and Friendship evolutions. These weren't many at all, just five in total: Lucario, Kommo-o, Wailord, Dragonair and Dragonite. Getting the last two took a while as my Dratini was at a rather low level, and training in a game with limited training spots doesn't go fast. But I got it fully evolved eventually.

Afterwards, I did a little bit of breeding. Hatched three Pokemon that I needed for the Dex: Snubbull, Shellos and Carvanha. Then I did the stone evolutions... or evolution, as it was just one. Used a Dusk Stone on my Murkrow to evolve it into Honchkrow. Finally, I just had trade evolutions left. Though it was just one here as well. Scizor. I did a trade with Moon which added Scizor to my Pokedex. With that, my Poni Dex was complete! Went to Game Freak in Heahea City, got the fourth Pokedex-related Stamp on my Trainer's Passport for that.

Now I just have the Alola Dex and the National Dex on Bank. I am going to wait them it a little though. They will be both get relatively soon, but I will do some other things first and alongside them.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I got myself a copy of Moon recently and I just started my adventure today! :D So now my posts will have two segments!

Sun: Got my Plaza rank to 828. No luck yet in getting the shiny Cubchoo or Magikarp, but when I do get them, I will be going for an Eeveelution. Which one I go for will depend on the nature of the future shiny Eevee I hatch.

Moon: I named my heroine for my Moon version Emily to represent the imaginary older sister I had when I was a kid. She was a quieter person but took a lot of pleasure in being helpful to her friends. That being said, after she has her adventure to become the Island Challenge champion, she will help Ayla (my Sun character) in several ways, starting with getting her the fashion items she doesn't have yet. Currently she just got her starter, Litten, and has beaten Hau. She will now seek to catch a few Pokemon and visit Hau again at the Iki Town Festival.

Tried today to collect more clothes, still don't understand the system. It says I already purchased certain clothes colours even though they don't appear when I go to the changing room. Plaza guests often say that it's 'difficult to order this item' too. Idk if the game is simply glitching or if there's a limit to the number of clothes you can carry at a time.

Not sure what to say about the clothes you already have not appearing, but the "Difficult to order" message is not a glitch. It will appear when the item the guest mentions is colored using dye. Regarding clothing item limit, I expect the limit is equal to the sum of all the items that are exclusive to Sun plus all the items that are exclusive to Moon, plus the ones that you can get in either version.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Took some more pictures on the Poke Finder. I visited every picture site that I didn't go to last time. The photos I took at the first few locations I went to (mostly around Melemele Island) didn't score too well, but things eventually picked up. I even set a new record of 8500+ thumbs up when I took a photo of Mimikyu at the abandoned megamart. In the end, I got my total thumbs up to 830,000.

Next, I went back to the Battle Tree and tried the Super Singles option. I brought along a team of Nihilego, Scizor, and Salamence, and got through the first 20 battles no problem. My main reason for starting this streak was to scout trainers for Multi battles. I ended up scouting Grimsley, Colress, and some regular trainer with a Mimikyu.

After that, I decided to try Super Multis with my Nihilego & Salamence. For my partner, I picked Grimsley, who had a Scrafty and Mega Houndoom that ended up being really useful. I had time to get through 5 Multi battles before taking a break.

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Noticed a big error in my team planning from yesterday, so I had to make some changes. Most notably, switch one of the Pokemon I had planned to use for another. But that is now fixed, and then I have continued with the planning, so almost all details for the team are now done. All I have left is a few minor things which I will get done soon. Then I can get started on obtaining the team members, or rather the three that I don't have yet as I already have one of them. Out of these, 2 will have to be obtained on Gen 6 since they need Move Tutor moves that doesn't exist in S/M. I will continue with all of this during next week.

Sun: Before starting on my next project, I did one more thing. Rebattled the Elite Four once with my in-game team. Beat the four elites without major problems, then it was time for the challenger. Since it was my first time defending my title here, I was up against Hau. Beat him with ease too. Then I was done.

With this, it is time to say goodbye to my old in-game team. They worked well and helped me during the game, but now I won't use them anymore. Left them in a box where they will stay. Next up, I am going to make a replacement for this team, which will be a mid-game training squad like the one I have on Moon. Going to plan the Pokemon will use for it and the details for them, then it will be time to obtain and train them.