• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished getting everyone to lv 43. After that I beat Hapu not so easily. I guess yet again I didn't have the best team. Next I will battling the final trial.

So I finally gave up on trying to get my "alt team" to Lv.100. My abject failure at obtaining the Blastoisinite led me to replace Blastoise with Empoleon, and because I switched out a special attacker with a physical one (HA Empoleon is actually decent, depsite having lower base Atk), I then had to switch a physical attacker with a special one. Therefore, Malamar had been replaced with one of my two Alakazams from my previous games, since it was the only Mega Stone I had at the time. Typhlosion stayed with the team--the only one to not suffer replacement--while the rest of the slots were filled with pre-raised Pokémon. And then, one day, I lost the will to grind them to Lv.100 entirely.

I've been focusing more on levelling up my Festival Plaza and collecting my daily loot from Poké Pelago lately. My Plaza is almost Lv.90, and I've been trying to refresh my visitors list from time to time, to try to get more people to either give me the clothes I want (altho I did score a 3-star Team Navy Blue dye shop, which satisfied all of my clothing needs besides glasses), or to give me the shop upgrades that Sophocles isn't coughing up (ball shops, pharmacies, etc.) Ranking is slow, because I've been relying on the string of massive successes we've been getting in the Global Missions, instead of grinding it out with daily missions like most people. I did finally get all the clothing items I wanted, however, but I still need a 4- or 5-star Team Navy Blue, as well as a 3-star or higher Ball Shop, a 4-star or higher Pharmacy or Soda Shop, a 5-star Lottery, and a 5-star Bounce House of any kind.

My Pelago is also doing well. I try to grow Salac, Liechi, and Petaya berries there every 3 days, as well as farm Shards to try to farm Bottle Caps, grab my daily Poké Beans, and chase wild Pokémon away from my islands (it irritates me that I can't bounce unwanted repeats off my islands without letting them stay, then running to my PC and hand-releasing them.) There isn't any more construction progress here to make, there hasn't been ever since I filled up my boxes on failing to MM for a Jushin Thunder Ligershiny Litten.

Aquarelle

Staff member
This weekend, I continued with the Poke Finder and Battle Tree. I took quite a few more pictures with the Poke Finder, mostly at the photo sites on Poni Island. One picture I took of a Bewear got over 10,000 thumbs up, which was nice since I'd been trying to reach the 10,000 mark for a while. My total number of thumbs ups is now at 1 million+.

At the Battle Tree, I won another 20 Super Single battles, bringing that streak to 40 straight wins. I scouted Plumeria for Multi battles along with Colress again since he had a better team this time. After that, I went back to Super Multis for a little while and won 5 more battes with Grimsley as my partner again.

Also, I've been using Poke Pelago as usual. I'm mostly growing berries right now, trying to get 100+ of each berry in my bag because why not.

Kittypotts

So, have had some success with Masada, hatch the following shinies I really wanted
Druddigon,
Chatot,
Drampa, I got the daddy from wonder trade and it had play rough on it! I'm not sure how to run it off a dragon but I got a shiny one now with the move on,
And I was going for shiny mothim, hatched some burmy eggs this morning,got shiny!.....but it's a girl...back to makin babies ditto...

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Obtained the 4000 FC from the completion of the recent Global Mission. This got my Festival Plaza up to rank 128, so that's cool. I also caught a Deino at Ten Carat Hill using Island Scan. Going to use it as a parent while breeding one of the members for my upcoming team. Speaking of which, I should start obtaining the team members I need for said team... will start either tomorrow or on Thursday, depending on when I can find time. Likely Thursday.

Sun: Bought all TMs that I didn't already have here. It cost a bit of money, but it was worth it as I now have all 100 TMs on this game. Then I obtained the FC from the Global Mission here as well. It was enough to get the my Festival Plaza up to rank 107. It is now above rank 100 which is great as getting it there was my goal. Now I won't focus on actively leveling it up anymore, though I will still participate in future Global Missions to get more FC.

Done some other things too. I have been taking some photos with the Poke Finder, managed to get to above 400,000, will continue with it a bit further until I am on the same level as on Moon. I have also continued with the planning of my training squad, I have now decided on the first 12 Pokemon that will be a part of it. Started planning the details for them too, but still have quite a lot left. Going to continue on that, then I'll start training them, and obtaining the one I don't have yet.

So pretty much i was one those guys who was looking forward to transferring all his machops & machokes all who have fissure to pokemon sun but when i found out that all pokemon transferred from VC to sun will have all their HA i felt hurt because i had so much plans for machamp for a trick room team & a scarf set that all my dreams & hard work put into pokemon red by finishing it,filling my boxes with machops & machokes,& waiting for pokebank to updated was almost for not because i was able to have body slam on sheer force tauros which is great but no guard fissure machamp was defiantly the highlight for me.Months later (still hurt) leading today i was in abit of slump & went on PS just to experiment on fissure machamp with steadfast & try various combos to see if can increase fissure's accuracy with hone claws & gravity along with wide lens...it didn't do jack so i decided to slap a scarf & see how many kills i can get with fissure & make video montage of every chance fissure had it but then this happen
[video=youtube;1NpLx_pbPfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NpLx_pbPfU[/video]
Yeah i swept an entire team with fissure machamp & granted the player was probably a novice but the highlight is just fissure hitting so many times!How lucky can you be?

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Tried to hatch some eggs for Quiet Drampa, but not having much luck actually getting eggs at all. I've run for at least 15 egg cycles without a single Egg spawn and I have the oval charm. So that's a bit of a bust. Cashed in the 4000 FC from the Global Mission and got my rank up to 264. Also spent a bit of time on the Battle Spot Doubles. For a team with only 4 pokémon, no megas, and Alola Dex only I'm doing pretty alright, I've won 11 out of 17 battles.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Using Pokemon Red and doing the MissingNo. glitch to catch a bunch of Mewtwo I send them to Moon to use as trade fodder for anything I need. Pretty ingenious huh?

im not sure what to think of your methods but you dont need a bunch of mewtwos to get any pkmn you need from GTS. just put a popular bred pkmn (ball/nature/egg moves etc) or something thats part of national dex (non alolan) and you'll likely get a hit for a normal pkmn. you can just trade away a few spare beast pkmn on GTS to get the counterparts. you might need help with 2-3 alolan legend/beasts but its not the hardest thing to fill the alola dex. hacked pkmn are one thing, pkmn thru glitches tend to deal with mileage issues ie personal views on using the game's short comings to your advantage.

as for me, im still in the process of leveling up to get the 4000 FC boost thru missions . i opted to do missions not WT/GTS for the FC to see how much i can level up. i should be able to jump 15 levels like this.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
The past few days, I've mostly been focusing on getting more thumbs ups on the Poke Finder. Today, after taking some more shots around Poni Island, I finally reached 1,500,000 total thumbs ups and got the final Poke Finder upgrade. I tried out the new "call" feature for a while, but didn't have much success with it. Well, at least I got the passport stamp.

Aside from that, I've done a few small things this week. I've been visiting the berry trees on Poni Island every day, since there are a few types of berries I haven't obtained yet. Also, I've been farming berries and other useful items on Pelago as usual.

Kalosian

So long
Haven't really done anything on Moon, but I continued with a few things on Sun. To start with, I have been taking more pictures with the Poke Finder, got my total number of thumbs up to 500,000, so I am now on the same level as I am on Moon. Also continued with the planning of my training squad, now I just have a few nicknames left to decide on. It isn't always easy to be creative.

Did some other things too. I RNGed 2 Ditto on White and sent them over to Sun along with a Pokemon that had Pokerus. The Ditto will be used for breeding here, and now I have Pokerus for EV-training as well. If I should need it, I mostly prefer Poke Pelago for EV-training this generation. I also bought a Destiny Knot and one of each Power Item at the Battle Royal Dome, will use the Destiny Knot for breeding and maybe the Power Items too... but I'm not sure if I'll use them for EV-training.

Continued by catching a Sandygast. I'm going to use a Palossand as a member of my training squad here, so I had to breed for a Sandygast which I could use. Left the Sandygast at the Day-care with one of my new Ditto. Managed to get my target surprisingly quickly, a Modest Sandygast with IVs of 31/x/31/31/31/31. It only took me around 10 eggs in total. So that's really cool, my luck with breeding on this generation continues. Decided to get started on the EV-training afterwards. Left Sandygast at Poke Pelago along with the other 11 first members of my training squad in order to start EV-training them. The first part of their EV-training should be done tomorrow.

NitroLightningFlash

I completed Sun and Moon a while back, so now i'm just focusing on getting Battle Points in order to get some Mega Stones (namely the Lucarionite and the Absolite) until i'm able to get the Lopunnite-i really hope it's soon as it's such a drag that a lot of people can already use their favorite Megas right away and in game whereas i can't just yet, come on now! xD

Currently also training up my shiny Scolipede that i bred about 6 months ago in ORAS to Level 100 on Sun, so i can Bottle Cap it's Attack stat (Adamant nature and only stat at 31 IV's it was missing was Attack of all things! Plus it's ONLY 1 off maximum Adamant Attack (i checked on PS earlier) she's Level 91 at the moment...i KNEW i should of levelled her up in the Blissey bases in ORAS BEFORE transferring to Sun/Moon but no...too much in a hurry to transfer her over, silly me >.>;

Then afterwards i'll probably start breeding some Pokemon for the upcoming VGC competition (i REALLY need that Manectite, finally a Mega Stone prize for entering that i'll probably use sometimes xD)

Kalosian

So long
Used the new gift code on both of my games to get the Mega Stones. I hope we'll get more soon.

Moon: Bred and trained some Pokemon on Omega Ruby that I sent over here once they were done. First of all a Metang and a Hawlucha which both needed some Move Tutor moves from last generation. Then also a Galvantula which I will be using for a special purpose here rather soon, and maybe at other times in the future as well.

The Metang and Hawlucha, together with the Tapu Lele I caught a while ago, are going to be the first three members of my upcoming team. Just had one more left to obtain, which I had to breed here. Before getting started, I had to catch a Ditto with a Nature I didn't have here before. That was easily done, and once it was done, I got started on the breeding. This turned out to be yet another very quick one, I got my target within less than 10 eggs. I don't even know what the odds are, but I don't mind, I'm glad when breeding things go fast. My target Pokemon was Deino, and I got a Timid one with IVs of 31/x/31/31/31/31, just like I wanted.

Now I have the four members of my team, just need to get them ready for battle as well. Which might take some time, but that's okay. I gave them nicknames and taught them some TM moves they needed, then I put them in Poke Pelago to start EV-training them. I believe their EV-training will be completely done in 2 days.

Sun: I have continued EV-training my training squad at Poke Pelago. It has been going forward at a good pace. So far, 11 of the 12 Pokemon are completely EV-trained, which is great. Just one left, and it should be done tomorrow.

AmethystLeslie

I hatched 3 shiny Gible in 3 days. That's a major highlight of my breeding project, and my shiny luck has never been that good, and it's already been good, so.... yeah.

The first one I evolved into a Gabite, cuz I thought it's shiny is the prettiest in the line, with that gorgeous blue. The 2nd one I left as a Gible, since i didn't think I'd get a 2nd one so soon. Then the 3rd one hatched, and I was like, "Well, might as well complete the shiny line. Shiny Garchomp it is."

May 13-14th was the Sleepversus (2v2 24 hour race to get as far in Pokemon Sun/Moon as possible and obtain as many pokemon as possible) on Marriland's Twitch channel, and I heard one of my favorite LPers Chuggaaconroy was in it, so my Gible project went towards this marathon, and made them hold evo stones to try to help them obtain as much pokemon as possible. I Wonder Traded them off whenever I got a chance and nobody got my Gible. They ended up getting some other people's Gible, so I'd just be ending up WTing them dupes later down the line. During the final hour, the 2 teams of Marriland and Yoshiller vs Chugga and Sephazon were very close to each other in terms of dex completion, so Wonder Trades at this point were the deciding point of the race. I decided to trade something that could help them, a Snubbull I had on hand.

I just so happened to get Chugga on that critical trade, and I got his Cloyster. I even saved the clip, cuz I was just that hyped. That Snubbull was level 33, so they just needed to level it up once to get a Granbull, and ended up being a small contribution toward the victory of Team Sephaconroy.

Aquarelle

Staff member
A couple of days ago, I got around to entering the codes for all of the Mega Stone events going on. I completely forgot they were doing these events until reading about the latest one. Anyway, I entered the codes and then picked up the stones from the nearest Pokemon Center.

Next, I went back to the Battle Tree. I continued my Super Singles streak and made it to 43 wins before losing on battle 44. Don't remember everything about that last fight, but it ended when my Salamence couldn't OHKO the opponent's Rotom-Whatever. I started a new streak after that, but lost it after a dozen or so wins when my team was swept by a Steelix. Yeah, my Nihilego/Salamence/Scizor team couldn't handle Curse Steelix that well. I did defeat a Steelix earlier in that streak, but I was lucky since the opponent switched it out for some reason at one point, giving me a free set-up turn.

After that, I spent most of my saved up Battle Points on some more Mega Stones. Since then, I've just been doing a few daily things like checking berry trees and Poke Pelago.

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Continued with the EV-training. It should all be done by tomorrow as I have planned. I also did another thing. Withdrew my Galvantula and went to look for wild Exeggcute in the Poni Wilds, I wanted to find one which was holding a Psychic Seed and steal it as I will need said item for my team once it is done. I got very lucky with this as the very first Exeggcute I ran into was holding a Psychic Seed. Seems like Compound Eyes really works, I'm very glad I trained up and sent Galvantula to this game. Anyway, I stole the item from the Exeggcute, then I was done for today.

Sun: Continued with the EV-training here as well. And unlike on Moon, I completed it. All 12 Pokemon are now fully EV-trained. Went to the Battle Royal Dome to make sure all of them got the Effort Ribbon. Then I taught them various moves they had to learn through TM and move relearner. Some of them completed their movesets, but several still need to learn one or more moves. Once this was done, I played with them in Pokemon Refresh to max their affection. I'm glad I am doing this because some of the Ultra Beasts look hilarious in Pokemon Refresh.

With this done, I got started on the actual training. Battled Morimoto, took on the Battle Buffet once (will do it more times starting tomorrow, if I have time) as well as wild Pokemon at various levels. My goal is to get everything to level 72 except Necrozma, which I am going to get to level 76. Going to make a list of all Pokemon I am training while I am training them, with nicknames as well just for fun.

Team:
793.png
Myxoriza - level 57
794.png
Kihunter - level 65
796.png
Wirelights - level 65
798.png
Floral Beach - level 61
799.png
Diet Crasher - level 70
718.png
Enigma - level 51
773.png
Xenomechanic - level 41
791.png
Lionheart - level 56
789.png
Radiant Nova - level 10
800.png
Sunspot - level 75
801.png
Silver Face - level 51
769.png
Shadowcastle - level 15

Some thoughts so far, as well as things that happened:
Xenomechanic evolved into Silvally at level 41, it also learned Multi-Attack, completing its moveset. Raising its Friendship with massages and Poke Pelago turned out to be very helpful. This also added Silvally to my Pokedex, it will soon be completely complete.
Radiant Nova isn't very useful right now, and it will take a while before it is fully evolved. But I have a plan for how to let it gain levels quickly, which I will start with tomorrow.
Sunspot is amazing, it could sweep Morimoto after setting up a few Calm Minds against his Dragonite. This Pokemon rocks.
Shadowcastle is at a very low level right now since it started at level 1, but it is still reasonably strong for its level and can hit hard against Pokemon at similar levels even if it doesn't have any STAB moves yet.
Not much to say about the others yet.

Going to continue with the training, I guess this might take a few weeks but that's about what I expect it to.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Sun: Got my Festival Plaza rank to 867. That's pretty much it. I'm not interested in much right now for Sun except finishing my quest to max out my Plaza rank.

Moon: Caught an Attack-favored Pikipek and a Speed-favored Pichu for my team. Before setting off too far on my adventure, I'm aiming to first EV train my team by leveling up my Festival Plaza and using the facilities I can there. Got my rank up to 17 so far and my work is partially done. Story-wise, I'm about to start the trainer's school challenge.

Current Team:

Litten: Level 12
Pikipek: Level 10
Pichu: Level 4

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I decided to finish collecting all of the TMs in the game. Most of the ones I was missing were sold at Poke Marts, so I went to several towns around Alola and spent quite a lot of money buying them all. After that, I still needed a few TMs, most of which I got from talking to people (e.g. getting the Substitute TM from Kukui, who I kind of forgot about after getting the Lucky Egg oops). The last TM I got, though, was the Will-O-Wisp TM in Konikoni City, because I somehow forgot about taking the other exit in Diglett's Tunnel earlier.

Once that was done, I battled all those Eeveelution using trainers. I defeated them using only my Palossand, since it was my lowest levelled team member, and had a pretty easy time, even against things like Vaporeon and Leafeon. For finishing the quest, I received the Eevium Z.

Kalosian

So long
Moon: To start with, I continued with the EV-training and completed it. Made a mistake while EV-training Hawlucha as I accidentally trained it in Speed instead of Defense, but that was easy to fix. There is a reason I always carry lots of EV-reducing berries with me, you never know when you might need them. Once all four Pokemon were done, I gave them Effort Ribbons, then I played with them in Pokemon Refresh to max their affection.

After that, I got started on the training. The goal is to get Metang and Hawlucha to level 50, Deino to level 64 and Tapu Lele to level 100. It might take a while, but hopefully not too long. So far, I have gotten Metang, Hawlucha and Deino to level 30 through regular training. As for Tapu Lele, I took it to my Rare Kitchen in Festival Plaza, let it eat a lot and it has grown to level 88 so far, which is good. I let it battle Morimoto while holding the Lucky Egg and it got about half of the Exp. it needs to get to level 89. Going to continue training all four until they are at their desired levels.

Sun: Continued with the training here. Battled Morimoto, took on the Infinity Battle Buffet and battled many wild Pokemon. Several things happened along the way.

Kihunter learned Superpower at level 67, which means that its moveset is complete.
Most of the time, I have been keeping Radiant Nova in my party while using other Pokemon for the actual battling. It has gained a ton of Exp. in the process, most notably when I have been battling Morimoto. It eventually evolved into Cosmoem, and now there's not much left until it is fully evolved!
I raised the Friendship level of Diet Crasher until it could learn Draco Meteor, which completed its moveset. It also grew to level 72, which means that it is done.
Lionheart learned Flare Blitz at level 61, its moveset is now complete as well.
Sunspot reached level 76 and is done too.
Shadowcastle learned Giga Drain, Shadow Ball and Earth Power, as well as evolved into Palossand! Which means it is quite a bit more powerful, and that's great.

That's about it so far. All current members of the squad are now above level 50, which is great. It means that this will probably not take anywhere near as long as I had thought at first. Though I still have quite a bit left, but it will be done eventually.

Team:
793.png
Myxoriza - level 63
794.png
Kihunter - level 68
796.png
Wirelights - level 68
798.png
Floral Beach - level 66
799.png
Diet Crasher - level 72
718.png
Enigma - level 63
773.png
Xenomechanic - level 52
791.png
Lionheart - level 63
790.png
Radiant Nova - level 51
800.png
Sunspot - level 76
801.png
Silver Face - level 64
770.png
Shadowcastle - level 52

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Today I decided to do the thing I said I would do a month ago. I decided to train a Rockruff and have done just that. I have a shiny Gigalith that I want to use and Lycanroc seems like the perfect partner for it.

Now I need to decide on the rest of the team. Stoutland is also a possibility for my Sand Rush sweeper. Unsure on which four spots to choose. I'll certainly be thinking about it before I enter the competition.