• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did some more breeding today. I would like to raise each of the Alola forms before Ultra Sun/Moon, so I decided to breed for a Pichu to raise into an Alolan Raichu. I already had a Love Ball Pikachu with most of the IVs I wanted, so I stuck it in the nursery with my Ditto and started obtaining eggs. After hatching 25 of them, I had the Pichu I wanted.

I didn't feel like training my Pichu today, so I'll start next time. I did visit Festival Plaza several times as usual, though, and got up to Rank 148.

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Continued at the Battle Tree and won 10 more battles in a row at Super Double.

Sun: Finished planning all the details for the team. I transferred over three Pokemon from Alpha Sapphire, they were Kangaskhan, Latios and Excadrill. These three, together with the Tapu Koko I caught here a few months ago are going to be the members of the team. Gave a nickname to Tapu Koko and taught them all some TM moves, then I went to my Rare Kitchen and let Latios have a meal, it grew to level 98. Afterwards, I left all of them at Poke Pelago to start their EV-training. It should be done in two days from now.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I began training my Pichu. I EV trained it and then returned to the Pokemon League to level it up. During my first E4 run, I was able to get it fully evolved into Alola Raichu.

After my next E4 run, I went through my bag and noticed that I never got the Aloraichium Z in this game. So, I quickly stopped by Seafolk Village to get it. I then went through the Pokemon League one more time, getting my Raichu up to level 59.

Those three title defenses brought my total to 18 for the Global Mission. I'm going to continue training Raichu tonight and tomorrow, but I'm also going to work on training these two Cubone I just transferred from Omega Ruby.

Flamer

Decided it was finally time to carry on with the Ultra Beast post game story. Went to the motel on Route 2 to meet Looker’s boss, and after a conversation with her, Looker and Nanu, we established that an Ultra Beast or two had appeared in Melemele Meadow, and that as champion I should go battle it. Fair enough.

Added Type:Null to my party and headed over to Melemele Meadow, where I soon found and caught the first Buzzwole. Turned out to be a pretty epic battle. My team is all in the mid-70s, but trying to take down something with a Beast Boost Atk, boosted stats from the wormhole and Dynamic Punch was a decent challenge. After the battle Type:Null evolved into Slivally in an anime style moment.

Unfortunately I then had to suspend what was becoming quite a narrative, as I remembered I hadn’t put a Synchro Abra in my team. Flew back to the Pokemon centre, only to discover I didn’t have an Adamant one. I did though have one with Inner Focus, so flew to the ranch, gave it an Everstone, and bred a few until I had a Synchro Adamant Abra. Added her to my party and returned to Melemele Meadow.

Found the second Buzzwole and quickly captured it. Synchro failed though, so had to SR, but got it second time. Put the first Buzzwole up for trade on the GTS, and got a Celesteela in return.

After that I wanted to play some online matches in BS doubles. The Vikavolt I’d be training up was at lv48 in the Poke Pelago, so added her, along with a Clefa and Fletchling I needed to evolve, to my party and went to the restaurant in the city to level them all up. Once Vikavolt was lv50 and the others had finished evolving, I took Vikavolt to the move reminder and taught it Bug Buzz and String Shot.

The first match I played was a really good one against another Trick Room team. Very cat and mouse as we both tried to re-work our strategies on the fly. Quite different from my normal games, where I end up playing very aggressively to make the most of my 5 turns of Trick Room. Unfortunately, my internet cut out before the match could be conclude, which was a real shame.

The second game was a more straightforward affair against someone who looked like they were trying out a Weakness Cup team. Hardly a fair fight. Vikavolt was an absolute beast, coming in and ripping through their team with super-effective Bug Buzz and Thunderbolts. Interestingly they didn’t have any counters for Trick Room though, which is promising as I intended to build a Trick Room team for the Weakness Cup.

Speaking of which, both Exeggutor and Crabrawler finished their EV training, so are now levelling up in the Poke Pelago.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I began training my two Cubone. I'm going to use one of them for battling and the other will replace the Sneasel I've been using for SOS EV training.

I EV trained both Cubone and then started leveling them up at the Pokemon League. I defended my Champion title two more times, allowing my Cubone to evolve into Alola Marowak and reach the level 57-59ish range. My Raichu was still in my party, too, and is now nearly level 70.
I'm not finished training Raichu & the Marowak yet, though. I still plan to train each of them up another few levels at least.

After that, I returned to Festival Plaza and did a Game Sync. My final contribution to the Global Mission was 20 title defenses, which seemed like a nice place to stop at.

Flamer

Played a few Battle Spot Doubles matches with my Trick Room team, newly updated to include Vikavolt. The first was a straightforward victory against a team full of fast sweepers with no Trick Room counter. In the next two I was soundly beaten, first by a team built around a redirecting Togekiss, who I didn't really have an answer, then by a Japanese player with a very well put together Weakness Cup team. Started off pretty tight, and actually thought I'd set up a double KO on her leads. Went off to get a drink while the turn played out, but came back to find both of my leads fainted and her's still standing. Not quite sure how that happened! Wish I'd save a replay actually. I had Trick Room up, guess she must have used super effective priority moves on both or something. Really need to get a few more priority moves on my team actually.

After that things picked up with a couple more wins, including a pretty epic battle against someone trying out a Trick Room Weakness Cup team. Two Trick Room teams coming together is always fun. Amazingly Mimikyui stayed around the whole game, with just a few HP to spare. Set up Trick Room at the start, then finished off his final Pokemon, in no small party thanks to some excellent help from Vikavolt, who's fitting nicely into the team.

With Whimsicott no longer there, I reckon I could do with a second setter, not that Whimsicott was ever bought onto the field. Trying to get everything done in 5 turns can be quite a challenge. A missed move, or some clever Protect stalling from the opponent and things can quickly go south. I'm finding this team doesn't operate outside of a Trick Room anywhere near as well as it does in one.

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Obtained the 4000 FC from the last Global Mission, this made my Festival Plaza grow to rank 155 so that's cool. Other than that, I haven't done much. Haven't had much time to play and I have put higher priority on other things. I continued a little at the Battle Tree though, won 10 more battles in a row.

Sun: Got the 4000 FC here as well, which gave me a Plaza rank of 135. Still 20 behind Moon, so that's cool.

Then I have continued with the team too. Completed the EV-training, also played with them in Refresh until all of them had 5 hearts. Afterwards, I got started on the regular training. My goal is to get Kangaskhan and Excadrill to level 50, Tapu Koko and Latios to level 100. Right now, Latios is at level 98, Tapu Koko at level 89, Excadrill at level 41 and Kangaskhan at level 33. So I have come a long way but there is still a bit left, will try to make sure everything is done on Friday at the very least.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Continued training over the past two days. I trained both my Raichu and battling-Marowak up to level 70, which'll be my stopping point for the two of them for now.

I wanted to get my other Marowak up to level 100, though. Fortunately, that wasn't too hard to do - once it reached lv. 71, I was able to get it to lv. 98 by going to my Rare Kitchens in Festival Plaza yesterday & today. Then, another run through the Elite Four was enough to get Marowak up two more levels.

After that, I transferred a dozen Apricorn Ball Pokemon over from HeartGold, including Love Ball Miltank & Kangaskhan and Level Ball Magmar. I'm probably going to breed the Magmar next time and raise it into a Magmortar since I don't have a dedicated Flame Body Pokemon for easy egg hatching on this game yet.

Finally, I received the 4000 FC from the Global Mission. I then did several missions and took care of some requests in my plaza until all the automatic rank-ups stopped. With that and other things I've done in Festival Plaza over the past few days, I've been able to get my plaza to Rank 181.

I got my Storm Drain Cradily up to Lv.100, I grabbed my 4k FC from the global mission, and I advanced my Festivus Plaza to rank 131. I think I'm actually done at this point, so I guess it's time to start prepping and hyping for USUM!

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Grabbed the FC from the global mission, I'm now at rank 304. Also started breeding Larvitar for the upcoming Weakness Cup, and received Shiny Tapu Koko from the new event. Tapu Koko is my second shiny in this game, the first being an Alolan Meowth I got over Wonder Trade (not counting hacked shinies I got in Wonder Trade), and the third shiny since the red Gyarados in Pokémon Crystal. This Tapu Koko has 4 perfect IVs, I don't know if that's always the case for this one.

Not sure if this is in the right topic. But today my copy of moon freezes when I try going to the home menu or soft resetting. Its only doing it while in game as I can soft reset and go to the home menu just fine from the title screen.

Anyone else having this problem?

AmethystLeslie

Not sure if this is in the right topic. But today my copy of moon freezes when I try going to the home menu or soft resetting. Its only doing it while in game as I can soft reset and go to the home menu just fine from the title screen.

Anyone else having this problem?

If you mean the game freezes for a second and then does the actual soft resetting, this is normal. It's a little unsettling especially since Gen 6 didn't do it like this.

Ok its not freezing but instead the home menu just takes a while to load. So must be some kind of lag. It's only affecting my pokemon games as I tried with one of my 3ds Kirby games and the home menu came up instantly.

The same is happening with soft resetting. Its just taking longer now. Which is weird.

Kalosian

So long
To start with, I downloaded the new event shiny Tapu Koko on both games. Really hadn't expected this event to appear outside of Japan, I'm happy about it.

Moon: Continued at the Battle Tree. Won some more battles but ended up losing in Battle #88. It was a weird matchup and I played badly. In the end, I only had Celesteela left against a Dhelmise with no chance of victory. I guess my biggest mistake was to not get rid of that Dhelmise as soon as possible. At least I got a little bit farther compared to my previous attempt. After that, I made another try, but lost in Battle #9. Embarrassingly early, my earliest loss ever at the Tree. It was caused by severe misplay from my side, good moves from my opponent and bad matchups for me. I feel ashamed of that battle. Hopefully I learned something from it. Anyway, I'll get started on another streak tomorrow.

Sun: Continued with the training and completed it. Got Kangaskhan and Excadrill to level 50, Tapu Koko and Latios to level 100. I bought some items I needed at the Battle Tree, which were a Kangaskhanite and a Choice Specs. Tried Mega Evolving Kangaskhan and it is still cool, but sadly not quite as powerful as it was last generation. I also Hyper Trained Tapu Koko and Latios, maxed their IVs that needed to be maxed. Then I gave the team their hold items and flew to the Battle Tree, ready to get started on the Super Double line.

M.P.

Retired
Yesterday I downloaded the Shiny Tapu Koko on Moon. After that I started SOS chaining again after few months break, and finally succeeded with a Zubat.

Today I've been trying to chain a Rattata, but I haven't succeeded yet. But at least my Snorlax learned Giga Impact during the progress.

AmethystLeslie

I've been doing some more cleanup breeding, this time from stuff in the Bank. I got a journal that I've been using as a way to visuallize who breeds with who, what moves and balls do the have, and who I'm not keeping anymore. I did this with Ralts already, and now I have 5 variants instead of 14 that I wanted to use... and I kept another 5 variants for uses that aren't breeding.

I really wanna get started on a Mimikyu breeding project, but i have to clear boxes first. I'll get around to that.

I got the Shiny Tapu Koko, and for funsies, i decided to SR for HP Ice. Got it on the 3rd reset. I don't have plans to use it for battling, but it's nice to have it like this.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I bred the Magmar I transferred from HeartGold. I obtained five eggs from the Nursery and hatched them. The fourth egg hatched into a shiny Magby! That was my first Gen 7 shiny not from Wonder Trade.

The shiny Magby didn't have a perfect IV spread, but I decided to raise it anyway. I've won several more Bottle Caps from my lotteries in Festival Plaza recently, so I'll just Hyper Train it later. Anyway, I EV trained Magby yesterday and then trained it up to level 30 to evolve it.

Today, I bought a Magmarizer at the Battle Tree (fortunately I'd sent some BP over from Bank not too long ago) and gave it to my Magmar. Then, I traded it over to Moon to evolve it into Magmortar, then traded it back. Once that was done, I worked on levelling Magmortar up some more. I was able to get it to level 80 thanks to the Pokemon League, Battle Buffet, and my Rare Kitchens. Should be able to get it to 100 tomorrow.

Next, I transferred some Pokemon in Safari & Moon Balls up from SoulSilver tonight. Also, I downloaded and picked up the event shiny Tapu Koko.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well, the last time I played Sun, I had already downloaded the shiny Tapu Koko event. I kept soft resetting and it already took 7 tries to get an HP Ice Tapu Koko. But before then, I was at Poké Pelago and farmed Pokébeans, berries and collected my shards. Finally, I participated in Loto-ID and won a PP Max.

Kdude146

Moon: I'm still working away at getting all the Alola Pokemon and Alolan Forms my goal is to complete the Pokedex before US & UM come out in November.

Sun: I was training my Alolan Raichu and it got Pokerus from a wild Magikarp. The only reason I battled it was to try out it's signature z-movie. So the rest of my team got it and I also made sure a Grubbin got it and I'm keeping it in Pokemon bank so that when I do future playthoughs I can give more Pokemon Pokerus.

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Started a new streak at the Battle Tree, won the first 30 battles at Super Double once more.

Sun: Got started in the Super Double line at the Battle Tree. Entered with my team and managed to win several battles, but ended up losing in Battle #27. The reason was simple: Hax! I was up against an Ice-type team, two of my Pokemon got frozen and I missed with some important moves against my opponent's Froslass thanks to Snow Cloak. In the end, I only had Latios left against two Ice-types, leaving me with next to zero chance of winning. I'm going to try again though. Started another streak afterwards and won the first 10 battles once more.