• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Finished levelling up my shiny Magmortar. I used my Rare Kitchens again to get it to level 98, then fought a bunch of trainers at the Battle Buffet to get up to lv. 100. Once that was done, I Hyper Trained Magmortar to fix its imperfect stats.

Next, I returned to the Nursery to breed for an Alola Meowth. I had a regular Meowth from SoulSilver with a Moon Ball I wanted to pass down, so I bred it and hatched a Moon Ball Alolan offspring. Then, I hatched about a dozen more eggs before getting an A-Meowth with a perfect IV spread.
After EV training, I levelled up Meowth until it evolved into an Alola form Persian.

Today, I also decided to try the Island Scan, a feature I don't think I've used before. After scanning some QR codes, I did the scan and went to catch Cyndaquil on Route 3. I caught it in a Repeat Ball, which was cool since I don't have a lot of starters in Poke Balls besides the regular one.

In Festival Plaza, I've made it to Rank 194. I did several Wonder Trades over the weekend, trading mostly Magby and Meowth. The best thing I got in return was a HA Squirtle, which I didn't have on any game before IIRC.

Kalosian

So long
Moon: Continued at the Battle Tree. Won 20 more battles at Super Double, which means I stand at 50 won in a row yet once again.

Sun: Continued at the Battle Tree here as well. Got a bit further on this streak but lost in battle #37 in a similar situation as my last streak. Hax in the form of my attacks missing and at least one member of my team getting frozen. This time, I also had Trick Room against me, which didn't help one bit. I'm going to keep trying though. Started another streak and won the first 30 battles once more.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Finished breeding Larvitar just in time. I got really lucky and hatched 6IV Jolly Larvitar with Dragon Dance within like 20 eggs while both parents only had 4 perfect IVs. I'm now officially out of PC box space and will have to release a whole bunch of stuff. My Tapu Bulu is now almost level 100, just a few more levels and I can hyper train it.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I levelled my Persian up to 70. I trained it to level 52 normally, but decided to just use my Rare Kitchens to get the remaining 18 levels since I was tired of fighting trainers.

On Monday, I used the Island Scan again to get Totodile. It was more annoying than Cyndaquil to catch (broke out of several balls), but I eventually got it in a Dive Ball.
After that, I ended up receiving a Dive Ball Froakie from Wonder Trade.

Right now, I'm hatching various Pokemon eggs. I'm breeding some of my Wonder Trade & Apricorn/interesting Ball Pokemon, mostly because I want to send them to Ultra Sun/Moon later. So far, I've hatched about a half dozen Pokemon, including Love Ball Vulpix and a Safari Ball Larvitar with some egg moves.

Other things that happened today:
-My Festival Plaza made it to Rank 200, currently at 201
-Reached 300 hours of playtime on my Sun

Flamer

Decided to try my hand at the Battle Tree for the first time. Mostly because I need some BP to buy a Weakness Policy for the upcoming Weakness Cup, been relying on Bank up until now. But also because it seems like fun.

Took my core Trick Room team of Mimikuyi, Alolan Marowak, Vikavolt and Alolan Muk. Made it through 9 battles so far in two sittings, without many problems. Biggest annoyance was a stall team with Blissey and Snorlax. I left my primary wallbreaker, Azumarill, out, so took a while to whittle them down. Was never in any danger of losing though, just tedious.

I’ve now replaced Azumarill on my Battle Spot Doubles team too, with the Dhelmise I’ve been training for the Weakness Cup. Its very useful for dealing with bulky Water types, and Steelworker boosted Anchor Shot works wonders. Played a few matches with it last night, including a fantastic battle against a very well put together team focused around a Z-Conversion Porygon Z. Timed my switch ins to perfection, seamlessly using Murkrow’s Haze to neutralise Porygon Z, then later her Tailwind to convert to ‘fast mode’ for a late sweep. First time I’ve ever really got that working with this team. Had more Haze fun against an Ego-boosting team, and messed up a Helping Hand based team with Quash. She’s situational, but Murkrow’s a lot of fun. Quickly turning into one of my favourite Pokemon.

KalosChampion

I've been doing the champion title defenses, which I think are a great idea, but it's very tedious to battle the elite four over and over.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I've been spending my time shiny hunting! My most recent captures are a male Oricorio named Sheeran and a female Salandit named Havok~! Might go for another Alolan 'Mon but I'm not sure who yet.

Vipsoccermaster

In Moon, I finished all the trials in Poni Island, and finished the Dragon Trial with the help of the recent Tapu Koko event with ease, using the Fairium Z each time. As I progressed, I took on Lusamine, Gladion, and Hau, and now I stand just before the Pokémon League. Caught Lunala in one attempt with using only one Poké Ball. Just a standard Poké Ball, no other effects whatsoever. I probably need to catch some new species to have a well-balanced team before trying to take on the Elite Four and Professor Kukui.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Ended up breeding for a Riolu today. I had a couple of Lucario I've been wanting to breed (one with the Poke Ball I wanted, one with an egg move), so I decided to get it over with. First, though, I needed a female Lucario since both of mine were male. So, I bred one of the Lucario until I got a female Riolu, which took 20 eggs. After I evolved it, I started breeding for the perfect Riolu. It was a little annoying since I had to evolve a Riolu every time I wanted to swap out something in the Nursery, but I eventually hatched the one I wanted.

After that, I used Island Scan once again. This time, I found a wild Serperior on Exeggutor Island. It was very easy to catch - got a critical capture with a Dusk Ball.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Picked up my shiny Tapu Koko yesterday and have started the tedious process of getting it to 100 for Hyper Training. I despise levelling in these games, it's so slow especially after ORAS where Blissey Bases could get multiple Pokemon to 100 in less than an hour. 2 runs of the E4 later and my Tapu Koko is only Lv72. The only good thing is that it's not got my OT so it levels faster but it's still so slow. It wouldn't be that bad if it didn't need Hyper Trained as badly as it does. It's missing its special attack IV and had its defence IV is a low "decent" so it needs it desperately. I would have reset for a better one had the attack IV not been 0 which is what I wanted and had already been SRing for half an hour for.

I've also been levelling 4 of my imperfect IV shinies and my Silvally to get them all Hyper Trained as well. They're all in their 70s as well but they're taking a lot longer due to them having my OT. I wish it was possible to get more than one Lucky Egg without trading as that would be a big help. I'll probably stick to levelling Tapu Koko only for now as the others aren't as in dire need of HTing as it is.

Once Tapu Koko is finally Hyper Trained I'll be using it in the Battle Tree.

EDIT: Now done with Tapu Koko. Found someone with Rare Kitchen 5* so that was a massive help. Got TK from 89 to 98 and 2 Rare Candies to finish off. Won't be doing the E4 again for a long time.

Last edited:
I started raising a Storm Drain Gastrodon to replace the Sticky Hold one from my old Gen 4 team, and I'm upset that I can't get Earth Power and Ancient Power onto it anymore. I've gotta hold out hope that they'll be move tutor moves in USUM (and that they won't be locked behind a high BP cost, because fxxk the Battle Tree.)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did a few things today:

-EV trained my Riolu. I didn't evolve it, though, since I didn't feel like dealing with a friendship evolution again after having to evolve several Riolu when I was breeding. But, I'll probably get around to it tomorrow.

-I scanned some 20 point QR codes, so I was able to do 2 Island Scans today. That allowed me to catch both Chikorita and Samurott. I went with a Nest Ball for Chikorita (would've preferred a Friend Ball or something, but I want to save my Apricorn balls on this game) and a Net Ball for Samurott.

-Transferred Hidden Ability Johto & Unova starters from my Omega Ruby.

-Oh, I also used Mystery Gift to get the latest Mega Stones and the gift from the last Global Mission.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i finally tried battling with my complete team on the battle spot with the mega stone which i wanted. i did 6 battles, which 4 were lost but i got 2 good battles from the others. one with my tailwind suicune lead to wall/outspeed the opponent completely. Suicune also played an important role in the other battle to KO sash chomp and provide speed to beat out the last 2 oponent's pkmn. the Z moves VS me make it harder to get a good battle but i do seem to be able to get lucky and get a good battle in once in a while.

Edit: i just found the shiny tapu Koko code/gift and got a lucky first draw on it, timid with near perfect stats barring very good SDF and fantastic DEF and mid ATK IVs. its gonna make a great box filler for my game.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I maxed out my Riolu's happiness and then evolved it. I was playing at night, though, so I had to go to the Altar of the Sunne and switch over to the other world to get it be daytime. I then trained Lucario up to level 55 thanks to the Pokemon League and Battle Buffet.

After that, I scanned some more QR Codes and did another Island Scan. I then went to catch Emboar, which was a little difficult. It broke out of several balls at 1 HP, so I decided to switch to my lv. 100 Ribombee to paralyze it with Stun Spore. That worked, but Ribombee got KOed by Heat Crash (I rarely see/use that move, so I didn't realize it was similar to Heavy Slam). It took several more balls after that, but I finally caught the Emboar. Think I went with a Luxury Ball in the end.

Now, I probably won't do much or even anything more with Island Scan. I just wanted to get the available starter Pokemon in non-standard Poke Balls.

Flamer

Started off the weekend at the ranch, where I bred a Clefa and Stuffel for my dex.

Decided to continue the Ultra-Beast side quest, so made my way to the motel on route 8. There I met Looker and Mina, who I was told to battle to ‘prove my skills’ or something. As if being the Champion and catching the previous 3 Ultra-Beasts wasn’t enough. Left it so long to do this side quest I’m pretty over levelled now, so defeated her without much effort. I was then told that the Ultra-Beast was lurking around in either the Lush Jungle or somewhere to the south of the island. Since I was next to the jungle, I decided to look there. From the description it sounded like it would be a Electric type, so gave Silvally the Ground Memory disk and headed off.

Took a while to find the first Xurkitree, but caught it pretty quickly when I did. Same story for the second really. Not the most interesting of ‘legendary’ encounters. The Beats Balls sure do make it easy. While in the Lush Jungle I caught a Paris for my dex and a Passimian to put on the GTS for a Oranguru.

With the Ultra-Beast threat dealt with, I returned to the motel on route 8. No sooner had I got there, Nanu strolled in and informed us yet another one had been sighted, this time on Ula’ula Island.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I got my Lucario up to level 71 or something like that. I didn't feel like doing any more battles, though, so I just used my Rare Kitchens.

With that done, I'm now breeding my Johto & Unova starters. Now that I have a set of starters in non-standard Poke Balls and another set with their Hidden Abilities, I'm trying to breed for some with both their HAs and special Poke Balls. So far, I've hatched HA + Luxury Ball Tepig & HA + Repeat Ball Cyndaquil.

Also, I registered for the new Global Mission. I then tried the lottery 5 times between the one in Hau'oli and ones in my Festival Plaza. I won an item each time, but only got the #1 prize once (a Gold Bottle Cap). Once I was done with the lotteries, I did a Game Sync, and saw that I've put 1 point towards the mission (I guess only winning the #1 prize counts, then).

JLK2707

Started off the weekend at the ranch, where I bred a Clefa and Stuffel for my dex.

Decided to continue the Ultra-Beast side quest, so made my way to the motel on route 8. There I met Looker and Mina, who I was told to battle to ‘prove my skills’ or something. As if being the Champion and catching the previous 3 Ultra-Beasts wasn’t enough. Left it so long to do this side quest I’m pretty over levelled now, so defeated her without much effort. I was then told that the Ultra-Beast was lurking around in either the Lush Jungle or somewhere to the south of the island. Since I was next to the jungle, I decided to look there. From the description it sounded like it would be a Electric type, so gave Silvally the Ground Memory disk and headed off.

Took a while to find the first Xurkitree, but caught it pretty quickly when I did. Same story for the second really. Not the most interesting of ‘legendary’ encounters. The Beats Balls sure do make it easy. While in the Lush Jungle I caught a Paris for my dex and a Passimian to put on the GTS for a Oranguru.

With the Ultra-Beast threat dealt with, I returned to the motel on route 8. No sooner had I got there, Nanu strolled in and informed us yet another one had been sighted, this time on Ula’ula Island.

Sounds great. Ultra Beasts sound super cool.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I was busy all month and didnt feel like posting here.

I can still post my E4 Fights now though.

Denver handled Hala's Primeape and Hariyama easily. Then there was a Bewear vs Bewear fight with Stuffy. Then Pebbles Handled Poliwrath. He also bearly won against Crabominable with Arrow Raid. Pebbles then swept through Olivia's Team with no problem. Acerola's Sableye gave Harmony a little trouble, but he got through it. Harmony also took out DrifBlim and Froslass with some Hyper potion help. Denver handled Dhelmise. Had Coral take out Palossand becuase she didn't get much action yet. Kahili was all Angel for being an electric type. Skarmory was a little trouble but, i brought many Hyper potions. Kukui was more challenging, but not much. Pebbles dealt with Lycanroc, Angel had Braviary, Stuffy swept Magnezone and Snorlax. Coral managed to take out Ninetails, but couldn't handle Incineroar after. Stuffy managed to Finish off Incineroar, since it wasted Inferno Overdrive on Coral.

Team
Pebbles - Decidueye lvl 59
Harmony - A. Persian lvl 58
Denver - Braviary lvl 58
Coral - Toxapex lvl 57
Stuffy - Bewear lvl 59
Angel - A. Golem lvl 58

After the Credits, i caught Tapu Koko with Angel's help.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I'm on Poni Island
My team is
Zephyr (female Skarmory)
Toucaness (female Toucannon)
Incineroar male
Primarina male
Robin Hoot (male Decidueye)
Spartacus (male Slowbro whose gentle nature has saved him several times)
I'm going to Vast Poni Canyon next and probably going to catch a Lycanroc. Since I have Moon it will probably be Midnight form.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Over the past few days, I've been hatching Chikorita eggs. I'm trying to get a HA female, but all of the females I've hatched so far have had Overgrow as their Ability. I've hatched several HA males, though, and have Wonder Traded a few of them away.
Going to keep hatching eggs later.

Also, I've made a few trades on the GTS since my last post. I hadn't done too much there on Sun/Moon (just searched a few times, never traded anything), but I wanted to try it out to see if I could get any starters with HAs or cool Poke Balls. So far, I've been able to get a HA Piplup and a HA Torchic in a Dream Ball (that last one only cost me a Clamperl).

Finally, I've continued to level up my Festival Plaza. I'm at Rank 227 now.