• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Flamer

Went up to the Wela Volcano Park to catch a female Salazzle. Took Morelull and Chinchou with me. Both had been training in the gym on Poke Pelago, so needed only a few battles to evolve. Didn't take me that long to find a Salazzle, then chained it till a female one appeared. Maybe about five in total. By this time Morelull and Chinchou had both levelled up, so they evolved after the battle.

Afterwards I popped onto the GTS to check on my Phatump trade, which had gone though. The arriving one evolved into Trevant. Decided to have a little look around while I was there. After a few searches, managed to get a Solgaleo for a Lurantis and a Tapu Koko for a Pikachu. Handy trade fodder as I get closer to completing the dex.

I played Moon back in November but haven't played it much sense except for trying to complete the regional dex (I'm in the ninetieth percentile - getting close). However, I decided I wanted to battle more so last night I went to the Battle Tree with my Mega Lopunny, Empoleon, and Charizard and made it all the way up to the top to battle Red (I was expecting to lose way before that)! Red used his Snorlax, Charizard, and Venusaur, with Snorlax being his first Pokemon sent out. Snorlax took out my Empoleon with Wild Charge and my Charizard revenge killed it. Red then sent out his Charizard and was able to out speed mine and consequently take it out. Red had two Pokemon left, and all I had was my Lopunny. I sent it out and Mega Evolved it, and then Lopunny finished it with Return after Charizard took it down to 10 HP. Venusaur came out and used Toxic while I used Ice Punch. Toxic damage took me down to 1 HP, and I was able to finish Venusaur off with a second Ice Punch. I actually beat Red with 1 HP left lmao. I was so excited, and then he met me outside and gave me the 4 Kantonian starter Mega Stones. I had so much fun, and I think I'm going to try to fight at the Battle Royal now. :)

AmethystLeslie

I spent a lot of time trying hatch a Quiet Solosis. Took me 3 boxes, but I finally got it. Now i'm trying to get Quiet and Regenerator on all 3 variants of Solosis I have, Love, Heavy, and Beast.

I got a lot of Modest/Relaxed/Sassy, with a few Bold/Calm as well, so I'm saving those to put in Bank, in case I need them future projects. Well, maybe I don't need all of them...

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Haven't done a whole heck of a lot, but I had some pretty cool happenings yesterday in Sun.

So, I've been transferring over most of my Pokemon from bank and levelling up the majority to Lv50 so I can start wrecking the Battle Tree. I've beaten doubles and have a 14 streak in singles that I have to restart.

Took advantage of the mega stone and shiny Tapu Koko events yesterday. Whenever I get the new stones, I like to battle with the mega at least once. I've basically been living on Poni Island, so Golduck has been pretty common. Well, mega Lopunny met a shiny Golduck and I was able to capture him before SOS kicked in. I start battling with mega Gallade, encounter another Golduck, and then a ANOTHER shiny Golduck appears via SOS.

To capture 2 shiny Pokemon in less than 5 minutes when I've encountered maybe 5 in the entire time I've played Pokemon is an awesome feeling.

Today's agenda includes more training, and hopefully I'll find a shiny Eevee along the way, because I've wanted a shiny Umbreon for literally over a decade now lol

Aquarelle

Staff member
Over the past few days, I've made several more trades on the GTS. Now that I've finished getting starter Pokemon, I'm trying to get some fossils in non-standard Poke Balls. So far, I've been able to get the Kanto and Hoenn fossil lines in interesting balls, most commonly the Dream Ball.

Next, I've bred some more Apricorn & other cool Poke Ball Pokemon. Once I had about a box and a half full of Pokemon, I transferred a whole box to Bank for storage until USUM comes out (and also to rack up some more BP). Currently, I'm hatching Totodile eggs since I need a HA female. I've only hatched one female so far, but it had Torrent.

I've continued to spend time at the Battle Tree, too. I made a couple more attempts at Super Multis, first partnered with Cynthia, then with Wally. Both streaks only made it to the mid teens or so. I didn't see how the Cynthia streak ended since I left my 3DS to go downstairs for something, but her Mega Garchomp turned out to be a bad partner for my Pokemon and her Spiritomb was not as good as I'd hoped. With Wally, we ran into trouble when it came down to just my Garchomp and his Altaria against some Ice types (didn't plan my team there that well).
I'll probably scout some better teams before making another serious Multis run if I actually remember to scout someone before moving on to the next fight, that is...

Today, I decided to go back to Super Doubles for the moment. I currently have a 25 win streak going with Greninja, Dragonite, Mega Scizor, and Mimikyu.

Finally, I reached Rank 270 in Festival Plaza.

Yesterday I went through the Elite Four a couple of times to level up some of my Pokemon. I got my Vikavolt up to level 100 and got some others, such as my Silvally and shiny Pachirisu, closer to 100. I had a couple bottle caps laying around so I used them on my Espeon and Donphan that I brought up through Bank. I also sent my Pokemon on the shard path in Poke Pelago so I can collect shards and trade them for Bottle Caps in Festival Plaza. I'm really starting to realize that I should have taken advantage of the move tutors in ORAS before sending my Pokemon up to Moon. Hopefully USUM will remedy this and bring back the move tutors (I desperately want Power-Up Punch on my Lopunny lol).

Unova Yorker

City Girl
^^ I'm hanging on to pokemon I have trained just in case move tutors make a return. I definitely think they will. I have an absolutely useless Bold Umbreon that needs his Foul Play darnit!

I got up to battle 39 in battle tree. I've done better, but not for a while. Mega Loponny is MVP, along with Focus Sash Cloyster, and Choice Specs Sylveon. I forgot you get a bottle cap for 30 wins so I'm gonna shoot for that daily.

Currently I have 3 Four Star Kitchens, 3 Three Star Lottery, and a Five Star lottery. I also have 20 Pokemon left at level 72. Once a day I level up 1 Pokemon 7 levels twice using the kitchens, then once at 86, I grind on wild Pokemon until they are at 100. I'm sure that the Pokemon Leauge levels them faster, but I like the mindlessness of the grinding. With the league, you have to pay attention, and those intros are just too long before each fight. With wild Pokemon, I can just zone out and watch I don't know say... Make Up tutorials on youtube or something while I grind. As long as you don't watch the experience bar while you train, you'll be at 100 before you know it. I'd suggest you save rare candies for level 99, as that's always the worst to slog through when you have that 'SO CLOSSSEEE' feeling.

I played all the way through and beat Alpha Sapphire so I could get a power-up punch Swampert, along with some legendarys I missed. Now if I have an idea for a Pokemon I can just mess around in post game, then transfer it up to Moon. Keep in mind, I only started everything 7th generation, I bought a 3DS in May and have been playing extreme catch up. My Black 2 got lost, my X got stolen, so this is my third time restarting. Honestly though, this is the best I've ever done, especially with the IV judger and Bottle Cap system. I got my 49th Pokemon to level 100 over the weekend. Next is Ferrothorn (97) and Excadrill (95).

I'm trying to save money to move and it's been rough. Pokemon basically gives me something to use my free time on so I don't go out spending money. I really like this 'recent happenings thread!' It's fun to post my progress, I like seeing what other people are doing as well.

Last edited:

Flamer

Walked around the top of Akala Island from the Wela Volcano Park, and caught a Wimpod at the beach by the motel. Last time I tried to catch one it fled after a False Swipe, so this time led with Heb, (Raichu) and paralysed it with a Thunder Wave for an easy catch.

Then went into the Lush Jungle, looking for a Castform and a Goopa, but it wasn’t raining. Weather based SOS battles are really annoying. Not sure how they expect you to actually find these Pokemon without a guide or Serebii. Getting tempted just to transfer them both up from AS, but I’ll give it another try tomorrow.

In the meantime, I traded one of my Cradinos for a Shieldon on the GTS.

Aquarelle

Staff member
First, I received the latest Mega Stones given out by code.

Then, I continued my Super Doubles streak at the Battle Tree. My team had a pretty easy time making it to the 40s. I faced some tough trainers after that point, including some with legendary Pokemon, and made it to 44 wins before losing. I really thought I was going to win Battle 45 at first, but my opponent's Cobalion + Heatran combo was just too much.

After that, I went back to hatching Totodile. I ended up getting a HA female after just a few more eggs. I bred that Totodile with the Dive Ball one I caught from Island Scan and hatched a couple of HA Dive Ball Totodile, one of which I'm going to send to Ultra Sun.

On the GTS, I've been trading for fossil Pokemon again (mostly trading for Cranidos right now), but I haven't received anything that interesting. I did get a few other Pokemon, though, including a Togepi (thinking of raising a Togekiss), Aron, and Friend Ball Roselia.

Finally, I participated in quite a few missions in Festival Plaza tonight. I played with so many people that I was able to get 10 stars total on the Type Matchups mission (twice), which was a small goal I'd made for myself a little while ago lol.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I took a break from breeding Pokemon for Ultra Moon and did a few Super Doubles battles in the Battle Tree. Almost lost twice to the same special attacking Alolan-Marowak due to me taking a gamble on it not having Lightningrod and trying to Volt Switch out my Tapu Koko. Both were Lightningrod Marowak but even at +1 its damage was pitiful. Seriously, who uses special Marowak? I also seem to be getting counter-teamed a lot tonight. I switched out my Aegislash for Mega Sableye and I've been seeing a lot more Fairy Types, and changed Mimikyu's item from Fairium-Z to Ghostium-Z and Dragon types are appearing more. I really need to get a new team. The one I'm using now gets completely destroyed by Scarf-Chomp which Cynthia ALWAYS brings against me. I absolutely despise Scarf-Chomp, it was such a cheap Pokemon to face on PBR back in the day and seeing it again is horrible.

Going to return to breeding some more Pokemon for Ultra Moon tomorrow. I'm aiming for a full box of 30 Pokemon so I have a big selection to use in the post-game (fingers crossed they bring back Triples and Rotation for the Battle Tree or, even better, the Battle Frontier). So far I have 6 Pokemon which is pretty good considering I started just over a week ago. One was even the first HP Fire Pokemon I've ever attempted to go for so I'm very happy with that one. I decided to breed all my Pokemon into the same type of PokeBall this time because trying to get certain Pokemon in the Balls I want is extremely time consuming and tedious if I don't have the means to get it myself. Keeping them all in one type seems like much less of a hassle and I can get 99% of the ones I want myself. I don't know if I'll like it or not but, if I do, I'll probably continue doing this for future games. If not I'll just go back to using the Ball I think suits the Pokemon the most.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Hatched a few more Pokemon for Ultra Sun. First, I had this Moon Ball Alolan Sandshrew that I receive via Wonder Trade a while ago and have been meaning to breed ever since. So, I bred it and hatched a Moon Ball offspring to send to US later this year. It had some nice egg moves, too.

Next, I also had a Gible from Wonder Trade. It was in a Dive Ball, which was more interesting than the regular Poke Balls my Garchomp tend to be in. Anyway, I bred my (regular Poke Ball) Garchomp first, getting a Rough Skin Gible with a good Nature. Then, I bred that Gible with the Wonder Trade one and hatched a Gible with Rough Skin + Dive Ball.

The last Pokemon I bred was Aron. I paired the Aron I got from the GTS the other day with an Endeavor Treecko and hatched a couple of Sturdy Aron with Endeavor.

Next, I brought one of my new Aron with me to the Battle Tree. I had a lot of success using FEAR Aron in triples at the Battle Maison in Gen 6, so I wanted to try it out in doubles at the tree. I began a new Super Doubles streak with the lv. 1 Aron alongside Dragonite, Mega Scizor, and Gengar. Currently, I'm at 35 wins. There were a few close battles, but for the most part things have been pretty easy so far.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i had a good past 2 days, got my plaza level from 510->524 with decent and good plaza luck. i got decent plaza luck today so i'll bump it up even more soon.

Flamer

Went to Brooklet Hill and caught a Surskit. Reeled in a Feebas from one of the special fishing spots too. Had already bred one from a Milotic I transferred over from AS, but nice to get one in game too. I then returned the next morning and caught a Dewpider.

Added both Surskit and Dewpider to my party, along with Wimpod who’d be training in the Poke Pelago gym, and went to battle Morimoto. All 3 evolved after the battle, taking me to 83% completion on my Akala Dex

Aquarelle

Staff member
Tonight, I continued my Super Doubles streak, starting at Battle 36. I won the next few battles without much trouble and made it into the 40s. I expected things to get tougher then, but to my surprise, they didn't. Even the legendary-using trainers didn't give me any trouble (fortunately, I didn't see any Fire legends like Heatran that would give my Scizor trouble, and the only Ice legend I saw was Regice).

Soon, I made it to Battle 50 against Blue! He was definitely easier to defeat than Red was in Super Singles, especially since he didn't have a Mega Evo with him this time (just regular Gyarados plus Rhyperior, Arcanine, and Exeggutor). My Aron strategy allowed me to deal with the Gyarados/Rhyperior lead, while my Gengar won the fight for me by taking Exeggutor down due to Destiny Bond.

So, I made it to 50 wins in Super Doubles and got another passport stamp! Just need the stamp for Multis now.

After that, I did a few other things. First, I received the gifts from the last Global Mission. On the GTS, I traded a Tepig for a Moon Ball Eevee! I bred that Eevee and hatched two Eevee to send to Ultra Sun, bringing me up to 8 Eevee that I'm going to transfer to that game. I hatched another Tepig, too, to replace the one I traded away.

Finally, once midnight came and the date rolled over, I went to the Pokemon Center to check out the special birthday theme and background. ^^

Unova Yorker

City Girl
Awww, Happy Birthday Aquarelle!! =)

After getting my shiny Rowlet, I evolved it to a Dratrix and it's currently at level 51. I'm thinking about not evolving it an making my first Evolite Pokemon. That's why I named him "Cricket" because of the Dart game of the same name. I need to test the waters now that it's level 50 and all. If I do decide to evolve him, I'm renaming him Robinroot, based off that fake leak waaaay back before Sun and Moon came out. I always thought that name was pretty genius.

Since I got so lucky, I'm shooting for a shiny Gengar next. When I'm ready to evolve him I'm going to ask one of YOU fine people so it doesn't get stolen again. lol.

Kall El

..Silence..
Alola, Hola, Alola!

At long last I have arrived to the beautiful Alola region, I'm a little late tho!
Getting my adventure started, I arrive in Alola withmy Mum and meet Professor Kukui, a really cool Professor.
At first I take my time to settle with Alolan way of life. It's much different here than previous regions that's for sure but I love it.
I can already tell this is gonna be an epic adventure!

So I meet Kahuna Hala, Lillie and Hau. Exploring MeleMele Island and enjoying the mystery and tropical beauty of this region. Love it. Soo different to past regions.
I chose Litten as my starter easily my fav of the three xD
I go through the region encountering many new Pokemon, people and groups like Yo Team Skull¡ as well as many other people.
Llima for starters was very tougg and I'm finding this game challenging not gonna lie and im not new to this. He beat me like 3 times, although I did manage to win eventually as well as beating Hala just about.

Soo I caught a Grubbin really cool, Growlithe, Mudsdale pre evo, Cutiefly as well as an Eevee!
Growlithe is just my fav and Eevee was given as an egg but im generally looking for new Alolan mons ive never used before.
This is a new adventure for me!

Soo trials and totem mons are awesome actually challenging for sure. I love them. The suspense, the pace, the mystery!

Mele Mele was cool, had some interesting places like the meadow, a cave, Hau'oli City and Iki Town. It had a mythical and mysterious feel to it like there's more than meets the eye but now Akala is a whole new Island!

Soo having settled in Alola, a new adventure has begun.
I'm loving it so far. The region, mons, characters and different feel of Alola is nust out of this world!
Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Alola, all!

I spent a lot of today relaxing and playing Moon. I started by going through the Elite Four about 4 times, ultimately getting my Blaziken, Battle Bond Greninja, and shiny Pachirisu up to level 100. I went to Poke Pelago and collected the shards my Pokemon had gathered. I sent them back down the shard path and collected the Poke Beans on the other island. Once I left Poke Pelago, I went into Refresh and gave my Mimikyu and shiny Drifblim each 3 rainbow beans to max out their affection. I then went into the GPS and deposited a Porygon holding an Up-Grade asking for a Porygon2. I set my 3DS down for a little while watching TV and came back about a half hour later and the trade went through! I then deposited a Slowpoke holding a King's Rock asking for a Slowking. I went to Route 3 and searched for a Bagon because that evolution line is one of the few things I haven't registered. I checked back at the GTS and my trade had again gone through! I'm now going to continue grinding at the Elite Four with a team of Silvally (89), Froslass (82), Snorlax (87), Mimikyu (60), Drifblim (58), and Bagon (12) to both grind my Pokemon to level 100 and also evolve Bagon twice to register its evolutions (I gave it a Lucky Egg to hold to speed this up). My Pokedex is at 93% :)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Tonight, I tried Super Multis again at the Battle Tree. During one of my other streaks, I'd scouted Cynthia again, this time with Garchomp + Mega Lucario. At first, I tried partnering with Cynthia with my Gyarados & Mega Gengar. That streak didn't last long, only about 5-6 wins. The main problem was that her Garchomp (which was scarfed, which I didn't realize at first) locked itself into Earthquake when my Gyarados was out, which caused problems once Gyarados fainted and I had to send in Gengar (I really, really, really miss Levitate on Gengar ;_;).

My next try with Cynthia was much more successful. I changed my team a bit so that it was Gengar first, then (Mega) Gyarados, which worked better (Cynthia only tried to kill my Gengar with Earthquake once lol). That streak made it to 39 wins. I really should have won battle 40 and was shocked when I didn't...wasn't expecting to lose to a critical hit Grass Knot from Grimsley's Liepard of all things. :/
I might try Multis with Cynthia again. Still feel like I should look for other partners to scout, though, and maybe find myself a better team lineup.

Aside from that, I did a few other things. I transferred about a box and a half of Pokemon up from Emerald and HGSS, mostly Apricorn Ball Pokemon (including the Love Ball Clamperl I really wanted) and some extra legendaries that I didn't need and wanted to use as trading fodder. I traded away several legends on the GTS and received some great stuff in return. First, I searched for some starters and managed to get a Treecko, Chimchar, and Piplup in Poke Balls that I didn't already have them in. The Treecko & Chimchar had their Hidden Abilities, too! Then, I traded an Articuno for a Luxury Ball Cranidos (I really wanted it for my future Sinnoh remake team). Now, I'm trading for other region legendaries so that I'll have fewer to transfer from other games later. So far, I've traded my extra set of Regis for the Virizion/Cobalion/Terrakion trio.

Finally, I hatched a few more Pokemon for Ultra Sun. I completely filled the current box I was using and will send the Pokemon to Bank next time.

Awww, Happy Birthday Aquarelle!! =)
Thanks!

After my last update, I spent a lot of time trying to complete my Pokedex since I'm so close. I bred my Espeon to get 4 Eevee because I needed to register 4 Eeveelutions. I used a Water Stone and Fire Stone to evolve two of the Eevee into Vaporeon and Flareon, respectively. I then went to Lush Jungle and evolved one of my Eevee into Leafeon by the Mossy Rock. I went to the GTS and traded a Garbodor for a Braviary because I needed that line for my Dex. I then bred Braviary and my Gastrodon to register Rufflet and Shellos. With the registration of Shellos, Poni Island became my first island to reach 100% in the Pokedex! Back in the GTS, I offered a Salazzle up for a Vanillish. I then went to the Vast Poni Canyon with my Compound Eyes Vivillon with Thief to scout out a Jangmo-o with a Razor Claw because I need one to evolve my Sneasel. My Bagon evolved into Shelgon while looking for it. However, I spent forever and never found one. I went back to the GTS and my trade had gone through! My Dex is at 96%, with the only remaining Pokemon being Weavile, Salamence, Umbreon, Magby, Magmar, Magmortar Vanillite, and Vanilluxe.

Kall El

..Silence..
Fire, water and grass.

Akala island is soo damn cool.
It has an element like feel to it.
Traversing it was wonderful.
From the warm peaking Wela Volcano Park,to the breezing water of Brooklet Hill, to the lushness of Lush Jungle, the Cowboy like town and the Korean Chinese like Town to the depth and overall bigger land to Mele Mele...

Like wow. Akala Island easily one of my favourites.
The trials were great and just like the Island I love how it focuses on different elements water, fire and grass! They were all challenging and unique too.

Whishwashi was tough, Fire trial I got fortunate and Lush Jungle had me losing and rebattling, ouch them Solar Blades!
Like I genuinely find these games more challenging.
Unique as well. Ofc im using a lot of mons which keeps my levels lower.

Sooo I caught a Whishiwashi, Crabrawler, Phantump and my Litten, Cutiefly have evolved. About time!
Also got a Leafeon. It was a hard choice but Leafy fits the bill so well. Firstly not used Leafeon much b4, 2nd I need a grass type and 3rd its Alola!

So Olivia was tough ouch Lycanroc but I won that.
Team Skull causing all sorts of issues. I learnt abiut Ultra space etc

Heading to the mysterious Aether foundation where we came across a strange Pokemon which I just about defeated! Arghh
We also met the leader or president Lusamine. She seemed nice but something was strange as well.

Finally leaving the amazing Akala and mysterious Aether,we've arrived at Ula'Ula Island. I'm really excited about this Island, apparently its the biggest in Alola.
Hau challenges me and beats me. His Alolan Raichu destroys me.
I've been losing wayyy too much in Alola and now im determined to strengthen up. Watch this space. I'm determined and excited going forward!