• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

I did it! I completed the Alola Pokedex, the first time I've ever completed a regional Dex! I eventually got a Razor Claw off of a Hakamo-o at the Vast Poni Canyon. From there I went and evolved Sneasel and Eevee (after giving it a massage in KoniKoni City) to register Weavile and Umbreon, respectively. I evolved Vanillish and then bred it to get Vanillite to finish off that line. After a while my Shelgon also evolved, so I was able to register Salamence. I went to Wela Volcano Park and caught a Magby and evolved it into Magmar. I then gave it the Magmarizer to hold and deposited it to the GPS. I came back about an hour later and my trade went through. Magmortar was the final Pokemon I needed to finish all four island Dexes! However, I noticed that my overall Dex was only at 99% - I needed to register Cosmoem and Solgaleo, neither of which are in the island Dexes. I traded a Zekrom for a Solgaleo on the GTS because I had one to spare, and then I evolved my Cosmog from the alternate dimension. Thus, Cosmoem was the last Pokemon registered. With that being done, I headed to the GameFreak headquarters building in Heahea City and received the 5 stamps on my Trainer Passport for completing the 4 island Dexes and the overall Alola Dex. I also received the Shiny Charm. I then battled Morimoto for the first time and received the Oval Charm from him upon his defeat. It feels so good to have completed the Pokedex for the first time!

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I completed the Ula'Ula Island PokeDex today. I already have completed the Akala Island dex and the Melemele Island dex so I just have to complete Poni. I'm really excited, this is like the second time I have completed a PokeDex and I'm really excited, I can't wait to complete Poni and get the shiny charm.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did a few things yesterday:

-After sending a box of Pokemon to Bank, I started hatching more Pokemon for Ultra Sun. I bred the Cranidos I got from the GTS the other day and some of my transferred Apricorn Ball Pokemon. I spent most of my time, though, hatching Piplup. It took a little while, but I was finally able to get two HA Piplup, one in a Dream Ball and one in a Dive Ball.

-On the GTS, I traded for three more legendaries: Thundurus, Landorus, and Yveltal.

-I went to the expensive clothing store in Hau'oli again and spent all of my money. I had enough to purchase the remaining bags and hats I needed from there. Once I was broke, I went to the Pokemon Center to sell some things. Fortunately, I had enough Nuggets, Pearls, etc. saved up that I was able to make back everything I spent and then some.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Did a a few things the past couple of days

• I went to Aether Paradise and talked to Gladion to get a Type:Null from him. After I flew over to Paniola Ranch, gave it a Soothe Bell, and ran around for a while to raise its happiness. Once it's happiness was high enough, I evolved it to Sivally.
  • After, I sent a Dusk Stone over from my Moon version and used it to evolve my Murkrow into Honchkrow.
  • Then I went over to Ten Carrot Hill to catch Necrozma. It took a while for me to find it but I did manage to and caught it with only one Ultra Ball, which was shocking to say the least. I never have had such an easy time catching a legendary Pokemon before in my life and I was so happy that I caught with only an Ultra Ball.
And with that, I have offically completed the PokeDex in Sun and got the Shiny Charm from the Game Director. I am so proud of myself for putting the time in and completing the Alola Dex. Now I plan on shuny hunting.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
This week, I've mainly been hatching eggs. I managed to fill up another box of Pokemon to send to USUM and stored them in my Bank. Now, I'm almost finished breeding Pokemon for transfer. I still have a couple of starter Pokemon to breed, plus maybe a few other things in the future.

I've also spent quite a lot of time ranking up on Festival Plaza again. Yesterday, I surpassed the 300 mark and made it to Rank 305.
A few days ago, I reached 400 hours of playtime on my Sun save file, too.

Finally, I made another try at Super Multis at the Battle Tree, though it didn't go so well. I didn't have time this week to do much else at the tree, but maybe in the next few days.

Unova Yorker

City Girl
Thanks to member of the forums Cybrerra, I was able to evolve my Shiny Gengar and Shiny Gigalith, both of which I got to level 100. As of now I have 63 Pokemon at level 100, filling 2 whole boxes (and some).

The new torny looks awesome, although I wish it was double battles. I hadn't realized just how many Mega Pokemon I trained, I have too many options, which it the worst part. My inexperience in competitive always comes through in situations like this. Here are my level 100 Mega's:

Blaziken, Charizard X and Y, Gengar, Mawile, Gyarados, Garchomp, Lati@s, Aggron, Swampert, Steelix, Alakazam, Salamence, Venasaur, Metagross, Tyranitar.
and I have a Gallade(90), Gardevoir(89), and Sharpedo(72).

I'm really going to try to give it serious thought. I like the mind games you can play with trying to guess who has mega stones. So tired of losing, in it to win it!

Aquarelle

Staff member
So far, I've done a few things this week:

-Most of my time has been spent checking Poke Pelago and Festival Plaza. My plaza's gone up a few ranks since last time and I've been growing plenty of berries as usual.

-Haven't spent too much time on the GTS, but I did get a Rotom from it the other day.
-I've been using Wonder Trade quite a lot, though. I still have quite a few Pokemon leftover (mostly starters and HA Pokemon) from hatching things for USUM, so I've traded some of them away. The Pokemon I've received in return haven't been that noteworthy, though.

-Today, I bred for a HA Snivy in a Dusk Ball to send to USUM later this year. Fortunately, I hatched a female with Contrary after just 8 eggs, so it didn't take me too long to breed for the Snivy I needed. Now, the only Gen 1-6 starter I have left to breed for is Oshawott.

I haven't gone back to the Battle Tree or anything yet. Just don't feel like it right now. :/

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
As the scattered gaming continues, I managed to hatch a 6IV Rowlet! While sharpshooters generally are supposed to be able to stay silent for a successful attack, the game is laughing at me again by giving this individual a Quiet nature! Maybe this fluff-ball won't be perfect for battling, but he sure will be passing those genes on... a lot. The experience will be satisfying as he'll produce me a perfect bird army.

Also, I finally got to change that Festival Plaza music into something more pleasant. The default one just annoyed me. :D

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Today in Sun, I started my day at the Pokémon Center Café on Route 1, drinking a refreshing Lemonade. I then dined at the Battle Buffet in Hau'oli City, where I managed to grab a plate of the rare Chansey egg omelette, though I still didn't feel any fuller after my big meal.

After carrying out my daily Pyukumuku-chucking duties at Hano Beach and battling Morimoto with relative ease at the Game Freak offices in Heahea City, I decided to try out Battle Royales at the dome on Royal Avenue. It took me four tries before I actually won one, however, because my opponents always seemed to steal a knockout for themselves.

I rewarded my
733.png
for our victory with some Poké Beans and some TLC in Refresh, and checked out Poké Pelago for the Poké Bean and Berry harvest, picking up hundreds of Beans. I'd almost forgotten that I'd sent some of my Pokémon on a cave expedition, but I retrieved the treasure they'd discovered, which included a Green Shard and several elemental stones.

I briefly checked out Festival Plaza to buy some sets of HP-recovering drinks for my Pokémon, then went to scan some QR codes with the scanner so I could use Island Scan. I flew to Exeggutor Island, where I encountered a female
497.png
and, upon capture, named her Sarnia. Wanting to fill up my Pokédex a little more, after eating some Z-Noodles back in the Seafolk Village, I brought out a
661.png
from my PC Box and trained her indirectly with my much stronger Pokémon as the leaders. She evolved into
662.png
and finally
663.png
after much grinding, learning Ember in the process. I also caught a
628.png
from being ambushed at the Poni Plains. Finishing off the day, I treated my ;297; to some lomi-lomi massages in Konikoni City, increasing his friendliness towards me a little.

Attachments

• 733.png
    733.png
    617 bytes · Views: 8
Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Over the last few days, I've mostly been doing things in Poke Pelago and Festival Plaza again. In Pelago, I'm currently growing Lansat Berries (got the berry from a GTS Pokemon...haven't received one at the Battle Tree yet) and some other things. My Festival Plaza is now at Rank 311 or 312, though the rank ups are starting to slow down.

I've used the GTS and Wonder Trade some more this weekend, just to see what I can get and to get some free FC. The best thing I've received is probably a Moon Ball Ralts. I already have Ralts in Friend & Love Balls transferred up from HeartGold, though I'll probably keep the Moon Ball around just in case.

The last thing I've done recently is finish training my Muk, which I'd put off for a while. I levelled it up a couple of times at the Battle Buffet before using one of my Rare Kitchens to boost it another nine levels. That got it to level 72 or so, which was where I wanted to stop.

slowdude

Started a new wonderlocke in moon. On route 3 i had a team of Magikarp, Wingull, Oshawhat, Minior, Togedemaru and Growlithe. Decided to take on the red card trainer and his bloody rockruff almost bloody well swept me. Had magikarp in lead for xp, swapped to oshawhat who got red carded. Thenit fell apart, tried going for reversal with Togedemaru 3 times in a row how Rockruff out sped and got crit bites that flinched it twice and finally killed it. Just like holy **** what. So i send in Growlithe, it has close combat it will do fine and no four bites flinched it with the final doing a crit to kill it.

So lost two pokemon to a freaking rockruff flinch hax with frequent crits. Just what was that.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
It's taken me 10 months but finally I have the last Battle Tree Stamp. Multi-battles are a pain.

Now I just need to get the Poke Finder Stamp and my passport will be complete.

On Moon I'm soft-resetting for an ideal nature starter. Probably Modest Popplio.

porygonfan

I'm trying to trade my GameStop salazzle for shiny greninja or froakie, if anyone is interested PM me.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I used Wonder Trade for a while. I traded away several species of Pokemon (including leftover Gligar, Poliwag, and Piplup from breeding) and received a couple of Apricorn Ball Pokemon in return: Friend Ball Jangmo-o & Moon Ball Grubbin.
I always like collecting more Apricorn Pokemon, so once I was finished trading I bred the Jangmo-o & Grubbin. I'll transfer the babies to Ultra Sun one day.

Next, I also hatched some Oshawott. I was trying to get a HA Oshawott in a Net Ball, which fortunately didn't take that long since I was able to hatch a HA female in under 10 eggs. I've now bred every Gen 1-6 starter into a non-standard Poke Ball!

On Festival Plaza, I participated in quite a few missions yesterday. That helped me get my plaza up to Rank 317.

Finally, I visited the motel on Melemele Island to get more Beast Balls from Looker. I've been slowly stocking up on them by having my PC Pokemon hold them. So far, I have over four full boxes of them.

Baggie_Saiyan

Had to restart my Sun WL as my little bother messed my save file up. So far I got:
Litten
Oricorio
Shiny Lv100 Xerneas... (Kept but permanently boxed of course!)
Cartpie (death fodder not training)
Eevee.

Not bad tbh.

UPDATE: Awful, just barely into the second Island I lose 6 Mons,including a Honedge, Ivysaur and Torrocat... Hard game. :(

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
On the GTS, I traded for a Feebas in a Friend Ball. That was pretty cool since all of my previous Feebas/Milotic have just been in regular Poke Balls. Anyway, I bred that Feebas and hatched a few eggs. I hatched some more starter Pokemon, too, since I was running out of things to use as Wonder Trade/GTS fodder.

Next, I'm finally getting back to breeding for Alola forms to raise. Currently, I'm breeding for an Alolan Dugtrio. I hatched an A-Diglett with the right Nature yesterday.

Finally, I've done a couple other things:
-Got my Festival Plaza to Rank 322
-Got the latest Mega Stones with the shared code

Baggie_Saiyan

8hrs into this Wonderlocke and I still haven't started a trial on the second island... I completed a Y WL without losing a single Mon, SuMo is such a step up in terms of difficulty.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Sun: As a relatively newfound casual-level shiny hunter, I am in the process of building a team of shinies based on Serena's team from the anime (species only though considering Braixen's gender ratio). I've gotten my shiny Sylveon already and am currently working on Fennekin. Current hunt is at 105 eggs.

I've long since got my Plaza rank to 999, but since then I have counted further rank ups at 153, so if the max Plaza rank wasn't 999, I should be up to 1,152 right now. I now have nearly 3.2 million likes on my Poke-finder.

Moon: Haven't played recently, but as of where I left off, I have completed the third trial, unlocked Pelago, and am in the process of finishing it's full construction before I continue on for Mallow's trial. I'm also actively trying to purchase the fashion items I don't have in Sun yet so I can perform a few little tricks and order them from Sun from my Moon character. Trying to get each and every piece before USUM starts.

PkmnTrainerJ

Found my son had traded away his "pew" Pokémon (Cosmog) so had to seek another one out on GTS. Hope some enjoyed their level 5 Palkia in a Dream Ball from Pokémon Dream Radar.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been working on trying to get a shiny Magikarp in Moon version. Need to get back to working on Sun version. Been neglecting it :p.