• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

c1234

Trainer Since '98
Possible spoilers below.

Last night I defeated the Elite Four and was very happy to become the champion. Someone I like to do, and have enjoyed doing for years, is to save the game and take a break for a little while after defeating the E4.

Those of you that have won the E4 in this game already know what I am going to complain about. Who thought it would be a good idea to have a 30+ minute cutscene immediately after becoming champion?! It really turned me off to the idea of ever replaying this game.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I hatched some more Diglett. I needed to breed for IVs, which ended up being pretty simple as I was able to get an Alolan Diglett with a perfect IV spread on my tenth egg. After that, I passed the Pokerus onto Diglett as well as a few other Pokemon. I spread the Pokerus by going fishing for Pokemon to fight, which also let me fish up some items. I think I only found Sticky Barbs, though.

Next, I traded Pokemon again. On the GTS, I was able to get another Feebas, this time in a Love Ball. I was happy to get it, since I would love to raise a Love Ball Milotic one day. On Wonder Trade, the most notable Pokemon I got was a Golem.

Finally, I just got my Festival Plaza to Rank 326.

Syther

Y not?
just a few minuets ago, I ran into a shiny Abra in Moon, only to have it teleport away despite tossing my strongest pokeball (Greatball). at the time I was looking for a pichu.

Shiny encounters at the beginning of your journey, real "dice throw"

Last edited:

Baggie_Saiyan

Sun Wonderlocke update:
At the Lush Jungle trial now. After a rough patch between the Grand Trial and 2nd Island (lost over a whole party of Mons), things have settled now, got a Jangmo-o, Gyarados and Combusken with a DDance Outrage Charmander in the PC.

Under locke conditions this game is really solid.

Unova Yorker

City Girl
I finally bought a Switch a month ago and it's been taking up all my time. Legend of Zelda, Sonic Mania, and Rayman Legends is all I need until Mario Odyssey comes out.

BUT, everyday I still send my Pokemon to collect Shards as well as go to the 4 lotteries in my Plaza everyday. Was able to Cap my remaining Pokemon this way. Does anyone else have a similar ritual when they take a break from the game?

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
As my endless quest for breeding Shiny Rowlet continues, I got bored and ended up chaining wild Cubone for Thick Club. My shiny Butterfree with Compoundeyes and Thief proved useful here but I'm still probably over 40 in this already so might as well test my luck and see if the chain would produce me a shiny at some point. Just gotta remember to kill the old boneheads at status move spam because Struggle recoil breaking a long chain would send the game flying against the wall... so to speak. I'm already noticing how Thief deals much less damage on the new Cubone, just recently I switched to my Noivern to save my precious Butterfree. May still need him for Sleep Powder later.

Edit: Now I have that shiny Alolan Marowak with HA! Going back to Rowlet breeding soonish, hoping to get another shiny during the day.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Haven't been playing much over the last two weeks due to school and Gold/Silver VC. However, I did a few small things last week and tonight:

-Did more trading on the GTS & Wonder Trade. I got a Bounsweet and Fomantis in Apricorn Balls, which was pretty cool. I'm considering breeding one of them for my Ultra Moon team.

-Got my Festival Plaza to Rank 333.

-Went back to the expensive clothing store in Hau'oli City. There, I purchased the remaining clothing items I needed. I've now bought everything available from all of the clothing shops in the game.

-Finally, I did my usual Poke Pelago check. I also got some more Heart Scales from the restaurant in Malie and won a PP Up from the lottery today.

Gave up on my Litwick MM hunt, started one for Oshawott instead. I'm not far into it because I got distracted by Twitch. Bad Twitch, bad! cohhShame

Downloaded the Sinner Cap Pikaderp and the Celery from the GS VC pre-load. Figured out how to get the free 3DS theme from the pre-load, as well.

Sent a bunch of Polkumz to Bank in prep for starting a female character in UltraSun. Still not touching Moon/UltraMoon with a 39.5' pole. Will probably start with Litten in US, and wait for the full USUM Polkadecks changes to leak before making any other team decisions. Also considering finding the trashiest, most revealing outfit pieces I can find and lewding up my character as much as possible, because animu.

20LigerZero16

"..........................."
Can anyone help me on something.

I've been trying to get my 50 battle points from the mega competition but every time I click on link in the PGL to get the code, a page keeps on popping up saying that the page is unavailable.

Another thing, what is up with this forum as everything became very glitchy.

EDIT: The page finally worked and I got my 50 battle points.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I've done some breeding, bred 5IV Petilil, Electrike, and Torkoal relatively quickly. As a downer, all three of them ended up with the wrong ability even though the parent had the correct one, so had to spend three Ability Capsules on them. I also want to start breeding Munna but I'm still waiting on GTS to give me a female one and ideally I'd want one with Telepathy.

Also got Marshadow from Game Mania, took about half an hour of soft-resetting until I got a Jolly one, and also got the Marshadium Z.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Visited the Pokemon Center only for it to be dark and freak me out for a second before the Happy Birthday message popped up XD

Also, put my Rufflet SOS shiny hunt on hold. SOSing is just getting really tedious/annoying to me and I need to do something else. Although, I was able to get that shiny Fomantis relatively quickly when I hunted that one!

Aquarelle

Staff member
Finally got started on training the Diglett I hatched several weeks ago. I quickly EV trained it using SOS Battles and then fought Morimoto in Heahea City to level it up enough for evolution. Once it became a Dugtrio, I taught it all the moves I wanted it to know and then continued training. I battled a bunch of people at the Battle Buffet and used my Festival Plaza to get Dugtrio to level 60.

Aside from that, I did some missions and other things around Festival Plaza as usual. I was able to rank up three times today, getting me to Rank 336 now. While using Wonder Trade, I received a Roggenrola in a Heavy Ball, which I will definitely keep.

Kangaflora

I've been putting my training on hold, for the time being at least.

EDIT: It seems that the Marshadow code is now being distributed in GAME as said on Serebii, a technical fault meant the codes were released nine days later than planned.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Got the Sinnoh cap Pikachu on my Sun just before the event ended. I wasn't planning on getting the even at first, since I'm not watching the anime anymore, but I figured I might as well. The free Z crystal was nice, too.

Today, I managed to get enough Marshadow codes from my EB Games for both me and my sister. I redeemed one of my codes on Moon first, and soft reset for a Marshadow with a good Nature. Got one after just a few resets, and transferred it to my Sun via Bank. I then got a second Marshadow using my other code on Sun. That time, I ended up getting one with an okay but not ideal Nature...I just didn't feel like soft resetting after a million resets lol.

Aside from getting the events, I just bred the most recent Apricorn Ball Pokemon I've received over Wonder Trade & the GTS. I also sent my box of Gen 1-6 starter Pokemon to Bank for transfer to Ultra Sun later.

Sessian

It was actually a while back, but I caught a "raw" (not hunting, no shiny rate modifiers) shiny Cubone in Sun. And it was holding a Thick Club! It's the first party-worthy shiny I've ever had, and it's now an Alolan Marowak named Dura Mater.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I've finished my new doubles team featuring Flash Fire Typhlosion and had some fun on the free battle spot with it, actually winning most battles. Torkoal, Musharna, Lilligant, and Typhlosion make a surprisingly strong team as it appears most opponents falsely expect I'm running Trick Room if I'm opening with Torkoal and Musharna, and then I surprise them by Baton Passing Musharna out right before Torkoal launches Lava Plume and safely activates Typhlosion's Flash Fire. I then simply sweep with Eruption in the sun, which OHKOs almost everything that doesn't resist it. Torkoal can also Explode while Typhlosion protects to safely bring in Lilligant for additional support, but it's not always necessary. If Typhlosion can finish off the opposing side with Eruption as well as outspeed them I can go for the immediate Eruption while doing a regular switch to Lilligant. It's a surprisingly good setup game that is fairly reliable, the opponent needs to get KOs in the first turn to really stop it, or Fake Out Musharna, and Fake Out is usually predictable. And the setup activates both Flash Fire and sunny weather, all the while almost certainly avoiding damage for Typhlosion to ensure maximum Eruption power.

Last edited:

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
After probably five boxes of baby Rowlet and cursing that I should've used egg swapping technique, the turquoise fluff ball finally hatches! I'm laughing at the miserable fact that I have one box full of 5IV-6IV Rowlet (usually missing SpAtk) but this one has both defenses near 0... which means few hours of Pokemon League grinding is happening next but there's no way running out of Pokemon which'd also benefit from being leveled with the now-awesome-looking shiny Decidueye!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I got Marshadow and caught a Chansey that popped up during an encounter with a male Cleffa. Cleffa only called out for help once and BAM! Chansey shows up!

Aquarelle

Staff member
I did a few things this week:

-Decided to get the Kalos Cap Pikachu on my Moon. Then, I used one of the Celebi codes I got from buying Gold & Silver on my Moon.
-After picking up the Pikachu & Celebi, I transferred them over to Sun via Bank.

-Back on Sun, I used my other Celebi code and picked the Celebi up at the Pokemon Center right away. I didn't feel like trying to reset for a good Nature or anything.
-I finished training my Dugtrio. Thanks to my Festival Plaza and the Pokemon League, I got it to level 70+.
-Traded some more Pokemon using Wonder Trade. I received a Mimikyu in a Love Ball!