• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Xionea

Half a centaur
So I've been playing through Sun with the plan to collect and complete an entire Living Dex using only Wonder Trading (Not bothering with USUM since the new Pokemon can't be Wonder Traded), and that's been going super fun. Almost 1/4th of the way done after a few days, but it's no doubt going to get harder once I get like halfway or something.
But I made a little discovery as I was playing through the game to get some money to buy Pokeballs. I was Wonder Traded a Nihilego earlier, and having a Nihilego before the first encounter at Aether Foundation actually gives it its name. So it's not "??? appeared!" but rather "Nihilego appeared!" Not like it's super exciting but I haven't seen anyone mention that before so I thought it was a neat little tidbit. The Nihilego can run, too. I've always beaten it quick so it caught me off guard seeing it run.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Faced off against Gladion today before heading towards the Elite Four in Moon version, and he's very hard. His Crobat alone is a pain to beat, given its speed and consistent use of cross poison. Working on training up more before battling the Elite Four.

Butta

Finally playing through US postgame and was grinding for some lucky eggs. Stumbled upon a shiny blissey holding a lucky egg

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Pyukumuku is rather interesting to use. In my second Moon run, I tested it out, along with Lilligant, Alolan Marowak, Bewear, Alolan Golem and Alolan Ninetales. For really strong attackers (Hala's team), Counter is a lifesaver.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally did beat the Elite Four, trained up a team to take down Blue and am now just randomly battling. Also am continuing to try to hatch a shiny Magikarp. No luck with it yet though.

Pokemon Power

I tried going to the inverse time world in Ultra Moon to evolve my Own Tempo Rockruff into Dusk Form Lycanroc, I leveled it up to 25 in between 5 and 6 pm, and nothing happened!! I can't stay up that late to evolve it!

Ariki

I've been training some Pokemon in a bid to complete the nat dex in Home and so I rode the ultrawarp ride and encountered Latios! Took three goes but finally caught him.

JourneymanN00b

Hello everyone. This is a roguelike addict who is taking a very unique approach to playing a main Generation VII game for the first time. I previously played parts Red/Blue/Yellow as an elementary school student around 1999, but never completely finished a game until 2010 due to my stupidity, the games accidentally getting deleted, and real life/homework forcing a near-decade hiatus. I was able to fully finish Gold in the summer of 2010, but never progressed further than that due to preparing for college and not having enough time for video games. Now that the pandemic is freeing up time to reconsider these games, I decided to continue my Pokémon explorations. In early August this year, I managed to complete Sapphire as a Lithium Rogue to make the experience memorable and relatively quick. I then completed Diamond using the Lithium Rogue restrictions in early September. Next, I completed Black under the same conditions at the end of September. Finally, I finished X as a Lithium Rogue at the end of October. I learned a lot of skills when doing the Lithium Rogue challenge in Sapphire, Diamond, Black, and X. I will be now try to play the character as a Lithium Rogue in Moon. What is a Lithium Rogue, and what does it entail, you ask? Well, it is a player that attempts to beat the Elite Four and Professor Kukui by adhering to the below set of rules:

1. Lithium is the simplest possible metal. As such, the Lithium Rogue will be taking the most direct possible path towards beating the Elite Four and Professor Kukui. No locations outside this direct route to victory can be visited. No optional sidequests can be undertaken, either.

2. In a roguelike, the player gets only one life. If the player dies, a new game must be started from the beginning. As such, if the Lithium Rogue gets a black out, the run is over, and a fresh game must be started to begin the adventure anew. However, any fainted Pokémon is allowed to be revived using a Pokémon Center or appropriate items, provided that at least one Pokémon is still in active condition.

3. Zero grinding is allowed. This is one of the golden rules of a Lithium Rogue. The Lithium Rogue is expected to advance through the game as quickly as possible and not waste time training Pokémon like lesser mortals with infinite time. The Lithium Rogue is also expected to use whatever resources that are on hand to overcome any obstacles that may be encountered from following this simple approach. The only exceptions to this rule for this particular game is to search Route 6 to get a Pikipek. This is only valid if one has not previously been obtained in Routes 1, 4, or 5.

4. No backtracking is permitted. Unless it is to advance the story, an area can only be visited once. The Lithium Rogue is not permitted to go back to an area to catch a desired Pokémon or to return to a town to heal up in a Pokémon center.

5. Any trainers that are not necessary to fight to move to the next area must be avoided, if possible. However, it is understood that mistakes can be made, especially with those involving “spinners”, and the Lithium Rogue will occasionally be forced to fight these trainers in order to advance. As such, any run-in fights with “unnecessary” trainers may be utilized to provide the Lithium Rogue’s Pokémon with additional experience.

6. The Lithium Rogue is permitted to pick up items, but is strongly encouraged to only pick up those that would be typically picked up in typical speedruns. Like trainers in the previous rule, additional items may be picked up and utilized if doing so would not add unreasonable time to the Lithium Rogue’s journey.

7. Any time spent on wild grass must be kept to a minimum. Any Pokémon encountered in these areas can be battled and caught to suit the Lithium Rogue’s needs. The Lithium Rogue is not playing a Nuzlocke challenge, so there are no Pokémon catching limits.

8. No manipulations are allowed to be used here. The Lithium Rogue has no knowledge of such acts of cheating, and utilizing them ruins the spirit of this adventure. Any disadvantages from not utilizing these manipulations may be made up by fighting additional trainers or picking up additional items, as needed.

From what I have heard about Sun and Moon, doing this should be an achievable challenge, given the proper application of common sense, decent luck, and adherence to appropriate guides when suitable. Now that the ground rules have been set, I will be starting a run that adheres to all of the above rules, which will be reported in nine separate parts. Because there are no gyms in Moon, the goals for the nine parts will be set to be roughly even in gameplay length. The goal of the first part is to clear the Pokémon School and beat Teacher Emily.

Part 1 Plan:

Route 1:

Get Popplio, and pet it right away. Use 3 beans and 6 rubs placed on the nose, left cheek, nose, right cheek, nose, and left cheek in that order. Battle Hau, and use Water Gun twice on his Litten. Get a free heal, and catch a Pikipek if one is found. Fight Youngster Jimmy and use Water Gun twice on his Rattata. Head to Iki Town.

Iki Town:

Get a free heal, and battle Hau. Use Water Gun 3 times against his Pichu, and use Water Gun twice against his Litten. Get a free heal, and pet Poppilo. Use 2 beans and 3 rubs. Go back to Route 1.

Route 1, Hau’oli City:

Head to Hau’oli City. Get the Rare Candy at the Center Coffee shop. Go to the Trainers’ School and battle Youngster Joey. Use Water Gun twice against his Metapod. Then battle Preschooler Mia, and use Water Gun and Disarming Voice against her Bonsly. Face Youth Athlete Hiromi, and use Water Gun twice against her Pikipek. Finally, fight Rising Star Joseph and use Water Gun three times against his Grimer. Use Lillie to heal, then begin Teacher Emily Battle. Use Water Gun twice against her Magemite, then use Disarming Voice twice against her Meowth. Get the Great Balls.

I hope that there are no flaws with this first part of the game plan to complete the challenge. I can always adjust the above rules to make things more challenging/reasonable. To the few people who are interested in seeing this type of challenge unfold, feel free to vote on the gender and name of the first Lithium Rogue that will operate in Moon. I will come back to this thread after a day or two, read any replies, and begin the first run.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so I begin the first part with a male trainer named Wade, and finish it after a couple of tense moments and a lot more time than expected.

The Lithium Rogue’s Journey Attempt #1: Wade

Part 1-1:

After the introductory cutscenes, I go to Iki Town and then to Mahalo trail. I get the Sparkling Stone, and head back to Iki Town. I get Popplio, the Pokedex and the Trainer Passport, and pet it right away. I use 3 red beans and 6 rubs placed on the nose, right cheek, nose, left cheek, nose, and right cheek in that order. It thankfully has 13 Special Attack, 11 Attack, 9 Special Defense, 10 Defense, and 10 speed, which makes it suitable for a Lithium Rogue run such as this. I then battle Hau, and use Water Gun twice on his Litten. I get a free heal, get 10 Poke Balls and 5 Potions, and catch a Pikipek. I get another Potion and fight Youngster Jimmy, where I use Water Gun twice on his Rattata. I get another Poke Ball, encounter and KO a Pikipek, and head to Iki Town.

I get a free heal, and battle Hau. I use Water Gun three times against his Pichu, who paralyzes my Poppilo and decreases its defense by 1. Upon taking it out, my Poppilo learns Disarming voice. I then use a Torrented Water Gun once against his Litten to take it out. I get the Z-ring and a free heal. I then pet Poppilo, where I use 2 red beans and 3 rubs. I then go to the lab, get the Rotom Pokedex, and return to Route 1. I encounter and run from 3 Yungoos, a Slowpoke, and a Wingull along the way.

I head to Hau’oli City and get the Rare Candy at the Center Coffee shop. I go to the Trainers’ School and get the Exp Share. I then battle Youngster Joey and use Water Gun twice against his Metapod. Then, I get another Potion and battle Preschooler Mia, where I use Water Gun and Disarming Voice against her Bonsly. Next, I face Youth Athlete Hiromi, and use Water Gun twice against her Pikipek. Finally, I fight Rising Star Joseph and use Water Gun twice against his Grimer, one of which was a critical hit and enough to take it out. I have Popplio forego learning Baby-Doll Eyes and get TM01. I then begin Teacher Emily Battle, where I use Water Gun twice against her Magemite and a Torrented Water Gun once against her Meowth. I use a Potion, and use Disarming Voice to finish off her Meowth. I have my Pikipek learn Echoed Voice in the process. I get the 5 Great Balls and finish the part with pride.

Below is my plan to finish the second part and finish Melemele Island’s Grand Trial:

Part 2 Plan:

Hau’oli City:

Head to the shopping district. Buy 11 Repels, 21 X-Sp. Atk, 3 X-Speed, and 2 X-Defenses. Head to the southeast docks. Fight the Team Skull Grunt, and use Water Gun twice against the Team Skull Grunt’s Zubat. Fight Ilima, and use an X Sp. Atk. Then use Water Gun twice against his Yungoos. If his Smeargle’s Leafage does not put Poppilo under Torrent Range, use an X-Defense and use a Potion to ensure a Torrent after a Leafage attack. Then use a Torrented Water Gun to KO his Smeargle. Head to Route 2.

Route 2:

Dodge Beauty Krystal by hugging the corner and stepping briefly into grass. Use a Potion if necessary, and battle Preschooler Kaleb. Use Water Gun to KO his Spearow. Get a free heal, and face a Team Skull Grunt. Use an X-Sp. Atk, and use Water Gun twice against his Drowzee. Go around the trainer and head right. Use a Repel before crossing the grass. Go to the shopping center, heal at the Pokémon Center, get 7 Super Potions, and enter Verdant Cave.

Verdant Cave:

Go to the first den, and fight the first Rattata. Use Disarming Voice and Water Gun to take it out, and then run up to the second Rattata. Use a Disarming Voice and Water Gun to deal with this Rattata. Interact with the dens in the order in which they appear in the corresponding cutscene. Get the hidden X-defense, and use a Potion on Poppilo if necessary. Fight the Team Skull Grunt, and use Water Gun repeatedly against the Team Skull Grunt’s Drowzee. If Popplio is in the red HP range, use two Potions on Popplio. Otherwise, use a Potion on Popplio. Pick up a Super Potion, and head to the first den and fight the Raticate. Use Disarming Voice three times to take it out, teach Popplio Aqua Jet over Pound, and heal Popplio to full with Potions. Use a single Repel, and head to the altar. Fight the Totem Alolan Raticate. Use an X-Sp. Atk, and then use Disarming Voice twice. Use Potions and an X-Def as needed if the Totem Raticate flinches. Get a free heal, Normalium Z, and 10 Great Balls. Leave Verdant Cave.

Route 2, Route 3, Melemele Meadow:

Head to Route 3 and the Melemele Meadow. Reach Nebby and fight Hau. Use Aqua Jet twice on Hau’s Pikachu, then use a Super Potion on Popplio. Finish off his Pikachu with a third Aqua Jet, and use a Potion on Popplio. Then use Aqua Jet on his Litten. Get a free heal, and use a Repel on the grass. Equip the Oran Berry on Popplio, and head back to Route 1.

Route 1, Iki Town:

Go back to Iki Town, and talk to Professor Kukui and Lillie. Talk to Hala to begin Melemele Island’s Grand Trial and the Hala battle. Use an X-Speed and 2 X-Sp Atks, and use a Disarming Voice against his Mankey. Use a Super Potion if needed, and then use another X-Sp. Atk. Use a Disarming Voice against his Makuhita. Use a Disarming Voice on his Crabrawler to win the battle. Get the Fightinium Z and the Melemele Trial Completion stamp.

This part is a tad longer than the previous part, but still doable. However, plenty of things can go wrong here, especially in the Hau battle. I currently have a level 12 Popplio and a level 7 Pikipek. I will hopefully have a report in the next several days.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so I begin the second part and manage to finish it after a couple of minor mistakes and setbacks.

Part 1-2:

I get a Potion, a Lens Case, and a Heal Ball, and head to the shopping district. I buy 11 Repels, 21 X-Sp. Atk, 3 X-Speed, and 2 X-Defenses. I then head to the southeast docks, where I fight the Team Skull Grunt. I use Water Gun twice against the Team Skull Grunt’s Zubat. Next, I fight Ilima, and use an X Sp. Atk. Then I use Disarming Voice and then Water Gun against his Yungoos. Finally, I use a Torrented Water Gun to KO his Smeargle, which turned out to be a critical hit. I then head to Route 2.

I fail to dodge Beauty Krystal and use a Potion to heal Popplio up. Her Ghastly uses Hypnosis to put Popplio to sleep, which forces it to spend 3 turns, where it gets hit by a Lick. When it wakes up, I use Water Gun twice to take it out. I then battle Preschooler Kaleb, where I use Water Gun to KO his Spearow. I get a free heal, and face a Team Skull Grunt. I use an X-Sp. Atk, and use Water Gun twice against his Drowzee. My Pikipek learns Rock Smash in the process. I get 3 Oran Berries and a Persim Berry. I fail to dodge the Backpacker Ashley up the path and use Disarming Voice twice against her Cottonee, which uses Stun Spore on my Popplio. I use a third Disarming Voice to take her Cottonee out. After getting rid of my Popplio’s paralysis, I use a Repel and cross the grass. I run into a Makuhita from a shaking grass encounter and escape from it. I fail to dodge preschooler Malia, and use Water Gun twice against her Cutiefly. I go to the shopping center, get 3 Revives, heal at the Pokémon Center, buy 7 Super Potions, and enter Verdant Cave.

I go to the first den, and fight the first Rattata. I use Disarming Voice and Water Gun to take it out. I get a Super Potion and then run up to the second Rattata. I use a Disarming Voice to deal with this Rattata. I interact with the dens in the order in which they appear in the corresponding cutscene, getting a Super Potion and the X Defense on the way. I fight the Team Skull Grunt, and use 3 Torrented Water Guns against the Team Skull Grunt’s Drowzee. I have Popplio learn Aqua Jet over Pound in the process. I use two Potions on Popplio, and head to the first den to fight the Raticate. I use Disarming Voice three times to take it out and heal Popplio with a Potion. I head to the altar, and use a Repel. I then fight the Totem Alolan Raticate. I use an X-Sp. Atk, and then use Disarming Voice twice against it. Use Potions and an X-Def as needed if the Totem Raticate flinches. I get a free heal, Normalium Z, and 10 Great Balls. I encounter and flee from a Rattata, which gives my Popplio a Quick Attack in the process, and leave Verdant Cave.

I head to Route 3 and the Melemele Meadow. I encounter and catch a Petilil after using two Great Balls, encounter and flee from an Oricorio, and use a Potion on Popplio. I reach Nebby, and fight Hau. I use Aqua Jet three times on Hau’s Pikachu, who paralyzes me with Static in the process. I then use Aqua Jet on his Litten three times to win the battle. My Petilil learns Sleep Powder in the process. My Poppolio also evolves into a Brionne in the process. I get a free heal, pick up a Super Potion, and use a Repel on the grass. I equip the Oran Berry on Brionne, and head back to Route 1.

I go back to Iki Town, and talk to Professor Kukui and Lillie. I talk to Hala to begin Melemele Island’s Grand Trial and the Hala battle. I use an X-Speed and 2 X-Sp Atks, where his Mankey connects with two critical Karate Chops. I use a Disarming Voice against his Mankey to KO it. I use another X-Sp. Atk and then a Torrented Water Gun against his Makuhita. Finally, I use a Torrented Water Gun on his Crabrawler to win the battle. I get a free heal, the Fightinium Z, a Ride Pager, TM54, and the Melemele Trial Completion stamp. I proceed to end the part with pride.

Below is my plan to finish the third part and finish Captain Kiawe’s Trial:

Part 3 Plan:

Iki Town, Route 1, Hau’oli City, HeaHea City:

Head back to route 1, and visit mother. Then head to Hau’oli City and to the Marina. Head out with Professor Kukui and the others to Heahea City. Meet up with Lillie, and get the Rare Candy from the Old Lady across the clothing shop. Battle Sina, and use 2 X-Sp. Atks. Then use Water Gun once on her Delibird, and Water Gun twice against her Glaceon. Get a free heal, and head to Route 4.

Route 4, Paniola Town:

Try to dodge the trainers when riding the Tauros, and enter Paniola Town. Switch to Petilil at the front to try to get any experience from any encountered trainers. Battle Hau. Have Petilil use Sleep Powder his Pikachu, and switch to Brionne. Then use Aqua Jet several times on his Pikachu to take it out. Use Aqua Jet twice against his Torracat, and get a free heal and Dire Hit. Then head to Paniola Ranch.

Paniola Ranch, Route 5:

Get TM10, and find out which type of Hidden Power Brionne contains. Use Tauros to try to charge right around the walking trainer, and head to Route 5. Put Brionne back at the front, and battle Gladion. Use two X-Sp. Atks and an X Speed. Then use a Potion if necessary, and use Water Gun against his Zubat. Use Water Gun twice to take his Type: Null out. Teach Brionne Encore over Disarming Voice. Head to Brooklet Hill.

Brooklet Hill:

Mount Lapras at the water and run from both Wishiwashi. Get the hidden Max Repel and TM55. Teach Brionne Scald over Growl, and teach it Hidden Power over Water Gun if the Hidden Power is poison, flying, ice, or fire. Heal Brionne to full using Potions, and head east. Try to dodge the fisher, and fight the Totem Wishiwashi. Use an X-Sp. Atk, and use Scald on the small Wishiwashi. Then use 2 X-Sp Atks. Then use Scald to finish off the Wishiwashi. Get the Waterium Z, the Fishing Rod, and 10 Dive Balls. Get the Rare Candy at the first water. Head back to Paniola Ranch.

Paniola Ranch:

Skip the trainer by hugging the right, and fight Pokémon Breeder Amanda. Use a Scald each on her Lillipup and Growlithe. Get the Mystic Water, and head to Route 6.

Route 6:

Equip Brionne with Mystic Water, and fight the Team Skull Grunt. Use Scald against the Team Skull Grunt’s Drowzee. Get the Rare Candy and hidden Carbos, and head to Royal Avenue.

Royal Avenue, Route 7, Wela Volcano Park:

Get the Rare Candy, and enter the Battle Royal Dome. Use Scald on Hau’s Torracat, get a free heal, and head to Route 7. From there, head to Wela Volcano Park. Use a Repel and Carbos, and equip Brionne with Waterium-Z. Go to the Totem’s Den and meet with Captain Kiawe to start the trial. For the first puzzle, select the Middle Marowak, and use Scald on the Marowak. For the second puzzle, select the Hiker, and use Z-Scald against the Hiker’s Magmar. Select any answer for the third puzzle, and fight Totem Salazzle. Use Z-Scald and then Aqua Jet on the Salazzle. Then use Scald on the ally Salandit. Get Firium Z and 10 Quick Balls.

I currently have a level 18 Brionne, a level 12 Pikipek, and a level 11 Petilil. I will hopefully have a report in the next several days.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Alright folks. I begin the third part and manage to finish it after some setbacks and frustrations.

Part 1-3:

I head back to route 1, where I run into Preschooler Oliver. I use Aqua Jet against his Yungoos to win the battle. I then visit mother. After getting a heal from her, I then head to Hau’oli City and to the Marina, where I head out with Professor Kukui and the others to Heahea City. There, I meet up with Lillie, and get the Rare Candy from the Old Lady across the clothing shop. I battle Sina, and use 2 X-Sp. Atks. I then use Water Gun once on her Delibird, and Water Gun twice against her Glaceon. I have Pikipek forego learning Supersonic and teach Brionne Encore over Disarming Voice in the process. I get a free heal and the Zygarde Cube, and head to Route 4.

I use a Repel, switch to Petilil at the front, and try to dodge the trainers when riding the Tauros. I fail to dodge Cook Ernie and use Sleep Powder against his Cutiefly. I use Absorb and switch to Pikipek. I use Peck against his Cutiefly twice and teach Petilil Mega Drain over Absorb. My Pikipek also evolves into a Trumbeak. I enter Paniola Town and then battle Hau, where I have Petilil use Sleep Powder on his Pikachu, which takes two tries to connect. I then use Mega Drain twice on Pikachu before it wakes up and switch to Brionne. I then use Aqua Jet on his Pikachu, who paralyzes my Brionne with Static. His Pikachu uses Electro Ball to bring my Brionne down to red HP. I decide to risk using Aqua Jet, which unfortunately does not connect, allowing his Pikachu to take my Brionne out with another Electro Ball. Growling with frustration, I switch back to Petilil and use a Revive on Brionne. I then try use a Mega Drain to take his Pikachu out, but it uses a Quick Attack to KO my Petilil out. I bring Brionne back in, and another Aqua Jet to take the Pikachu out. Then I use Aqua Jet twice against his Torracat, and get a free heal and Dire Hit. Then I head to Paniola Ranch.

I get a Moomoo Milk and TM10, and find that Brionne’s Hidden Power is Steel, which is useless for my purposes. I use Tauros to try to charge right around the walking trainer, but fail to do so and fight Gentlemen Gerald. I use Growth and then Mega Drain twice on Gentlemen Gerald’s Sableye, and switch to Brionne. I use Aqua Jet five times against his Sableye to win the battle, one of which fails to connect because of Protect. I put Brionne back at the front, use two Potions to heal it up, and head to Route 5, where I run into Twins Isa and Nico. I have Brionne use Aqua Jet on their Igglybuff, and Trumbeak use Rock Smash against their Happiny. My Brionne gets infatuated with the Igglybuff, which forces me to have it use Aqua Jet against their Happiny, and Trumbeak use Rock Smash against their Igglybuff. I get a Super Potion, use another Potion on Brionne, and battle Gladion. I use two X-Sp. Atks and an X Speed. Then I use Water Gun against his Zubat. I have Trumbeak learn Pluck over Peck in the process. Next I use Water Gun twice to take his Type: Null out. After getting 3 Revives from Hau, I use a Repel, heal at the Pokémon Center, and head to Brooklet Hill.

I get a Net Ball, use another Repel, and mount Lapras at the water and run from both Wishiwashi. I use another Repel and get a Revive, the hidden Max Repel, and TM55. I teach Brionne Scald over Growl. I dodge the fisher, and fight the Totem Wishiwashi. I use an X-Sp. Atk, and use Scald on the small Wishiwashi. Then I use 2 X-Sp Atks. Next, I use Encore on the Wishiwashi’s Water Gun and use a Torrented Scald to finish off the Wishiwashi. I get the Waterium Z, the Fishing Rod, and 10 Dive Balls. I get the Rare Candy at the first water, heal at the Pokémon Center, use a Repel, and head back to Paniola Ranch.

Once back at Paniola Ranch, I fight Pokémon Breeder Amanda. I use a Scald each on her Lillipup and Growlithe. I get the Mystic Water, and head to Route 6.

I equip Brionne with Mystic Water, and fight the Team Skull Grunt. I use Scald against the Team Skull Grunt’s Drowzee. I run into Beauty Brittney and use Scald on her Cubone. I get the Rare Candy and hidden Carbos, and head to Royal Avenue.

I get the Rare Candy and enter the Battle Royal Dome. I use Scald on Hau’s Torracat, get a free heal, and head to Route 7. From there, I head to Wela Volcano Park. I get a Hyper Potion, use a Repel and Carbos, and equip Brionne with Waterium-Z. I go to the Totem’s Den and meet with Captain Kiawe to start the trial. For the first puzzle, I select the Middle Marowak, and use Scald on the Marowak. For the second puzzle, I select the Hiker, and use Z-Scald against the Hiker’s Magmar. I have Brionne forego learning Bubble Beam and Petilil forego learning Synthesis in the process. I select the suspicious Pokémon for the third puzzle, and fight Totem Salazzle. I use Z-Scald on the Salazzle, which was enough to take it out in one shot. I get Firium Z and 10 Quick Balls and end the part with a sigh of relief.

Below is my plan to finish the fourth part and finish the fourth Hau battle:

Part 4 Plan:

Wela Volcano Park, Route 7, Route 8, Route 5, Lush Jungle:

Use Charizard and fly back to Route 7. Head north to Route 8 and talk to Colress. Get TM43, and charge and try to pass the backpacker from the top. Stay as much as possible on the side of the road that the route was entered from. Enter the Pokémon Center and heal. Then buy an Escape Rope and 10 Super Repels. Head southeast to Route 5 and to the Lush Jungle. Talk to Captain Mallow to begin the Trial, and go left to get the Tiny Mushroom. Fight the Shiinotic and use an X-Sp. Atk. Use Scald and then a Z-Scald to KO the Shiinotic. Get the Mago Berry, Revival Herb, and Miracle Seed. Use Scald several times to deal with the Fomantis encountered when getting the ingredients. After fighting the Fomantis, use Rare Candies to get to level 28, have Brionne forego learning Sing, and heal Brionne to full. Fight the Totem Lurantis, and use an X-Defense. Then use a Scald on Trumbeak, and use 2 Super Potions and an X-Sp. Atk. If Brionne is in Torrent, then use Z-Scald. Otherwise, use an X-Sp. Atk and Z-Scald. Get Grassium Z, 10 Nest Balls, and TM67. Fly to Heahea City.

Heahea City, Diglett’s Tunnel:

Enter the Dimensional Research Lab, and partake in the Lillie cutscene. Then talk to Kukui. After the cutscenes, head to Diglett’s Tunnel. Once inside, apply Repels and use a Potion if Brionne is less than 10 HP, and fight the Team Skull Grunts. Use a Scald each on their Salandit and Fomantis. Get a free heal, and head to Route 9.

Route 9, Konikoni City, Route 9, Memorial Hill:

Head to Konikoni City and go to Olivia’s shop. Head to the Herb Seller next to the Pokémon Center. Sell all Nest Balls, Quick Balls, Dive Balls, and Great Balls, and buy 11 Heal Powders and 9 Energy Roots. Head back to Route 9 and to Memorial Hill. Try to go around the old lady, and battle the Team Skull Grunt harassing the Aether Foundation employee. Use Z-Scald against the Team Skull Grunt’s Raticate. Head to the Akala Outskirts.

Akala Outskirts:

Fight Plumeria. Use Scald twice against her Golbat, and Scald once against her Salandit. Get a free heal, and head to the Ruins of Life.

Ruins of Life:

Battle Olivia, and use Scald against her Nosepass. If Brionne is paralyzed, use an X-Speed. In any case, use another Scald to KO her Nosepass. Use an X-Speed if one was not already used, or a Heal Powder if one was. Use an Aqua Jet against her Boldore, and use a Super Potion. Use Encore to be knocked into Torrent Range, and use a Torrented Scald to finish off her Boldore. Then use a Torrented Scald against her Lycanroc. Get Rockium Z, and fly to Heahea City.

Heahea City, Hano Grand Resort, Malie City:

Head to Hano Grand Resort, put Petilil at the front, and try to fight any encounters that are held. Flee from the mysterious Pokemon, and get a free heal. Head to Malie City, and battle Hau. Use Sleep Powder on his Raighu and repeatedly use Mega Drain on it and pray that Petilil can take it out. Then switch to Trumbeak, and use Pluck on his Leafeon. Then switch to Brionne, and use Scald on his Torracat. Get a free heal.

This part is going to be a pain, especially the fourth Hau battle. I currently have a level 24 Brionne, a level 18 Trumbeak, and a level 17 Petilil. I will hopefully have a report in the next several days.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Alright folks. I begin the fourth part and get slaughtered in the fourth Hau battle. Below is how the part went.

Part 1-4:

I use Charizard and fly back to Route 7. I switch to Petlil to the front, and head north to Route 8 and talk to Colress. I get TM43, and pass the backpacker from the top. However, I run into Rising Star Mikey and use Mega Drain, Growth twice, and Mega Drain four times to take out his Bounsweet. I use Sleep Powder, then Mega Drain once on his Trumbeak, before my Petili confuses it. I then switch to my own Trumbeak, and use Rock Smash six times against his Trumbeak, which uses Roost twice to heal itself up before going down. I run into Rising Star Nicki, use Mega Drain once on her Miltank, and switch to Brionne. I use Z-Scald to take out her Miltank. I have Petlil learn Magical Leaf over Leech Seed in the process. I enter the Pokémon Center and heal my Pokemon. I then buy an Escape Rope and 10 Super Repels. Next, I head southeast to Route 5 and to the Lush Jungle. I talk to Captain Mallow to begin the Trial, put Brionne back to the front, and go left to get the Tiny Mushroom. I fight the Shiinotic and use an X-Sp. Atk. I then use Scald and then a Z-Scald to KO the Shiinotic. I get the Mago Berry, Revival Herb, and Miracle Seed. I use Scald several times to deal with the Fomantis encountered when getting the Mago Berry. I then use a Repel, and then use Z-Scald for the Fomtanis encountered when getting the Revival Herb. After fighting the Fomantis, I use 3 Rare Candies to get to level 28, have Brionne forego learning Sing, and heal Brionne to full using the two Potions and an Oran Berry. I then get a Big Root and fight the Totem Lurantis, where I use an X-Defense. I then use a Scald on Trumbeak, and use a Super Potion. Unfortunately, the Lurantis’ Solar Blade was a critical hit and enough to KO my Brionne. I switch to Petilil and use a Revive on Brionne. The Lurantis’ X-Scissor was enough to KO it, so I switch to Trumbeak and use a Super Potion on Brionne. I then use a Revive on Petlil for safety, and have Trumbeak fall victim to a Solar Blade. I then have Trumbeak try to use Pluck, but it falls to an X-Scissor. I then use another X-Defense on Brionne, and then use an X-Sp. Atk. I then use a Torrented Z-Scald on the totem Lurantis. I get Grassium Z, 10 Nest Balls, and TM67. Then, I fly to Heahea City.

I enter the Dimensional Research Lab, and partake in the Lillie cutscene. I then talk to Kukui. After the cutscenes, I head to Diglett’s Tunnel. Once inside, I switch to Petilil at the front, use a Super Potion on it, and equip it with Grassium Z, and encounter and run from a Zubat after it deals a Wing Attack on it. I use another Super Potion on Petilil, and encounter and KO a Diglett. I get a Hyper Potion, and fail to dodge a Worker. I use a Super Potion on Petilil, and use Z-Magical Leaf and Mega Drain on his Machop. I switch back to Brionne, use a Repel, and fight the Team Skull Grunts. I use a Scald each on their Fomantis and Salandit. I get a free heal and a Max Ether, and head to Route 9.

I head to Konikoni City and go to Olivia’s shop. After getting the Max Potion from the Nosepass, I head to the Herb Seller next to the Pokémon Center. I sell all Nest Balls, Quick Balls, and Dive Balls, and buy 11 Heal Powders and 9 Energy Roots. I head back to Route 9, pick up a Net Ball and go to Memorial Hill. I go around the old lady, but I run into Punk Girl Melissa. I switch to Petilil and use Z-Magical Leaf, and then switch to Trumbeak, where I use Pluck twice to finish it off. I have Trumbeak forego learning Roost in the process. I encounter and KO a Phantump and have Petlil forego learning Stun Spore in the process. I then battle the Team Skull Grunt harassing the Aether Foundation employee. I use Z-Scald against the Team Skull Grunt’s Raticate. Then I head to the Akala Outskirts.

I proceed to fight Plumeria, where I use Scald twice against her Golbat, who confuses my Brionne in the process. Luckily, it does not interfere with me using Scald against her Salandit. I get a free heal, and head to the Ruins of Life.

I battle Olivia, and use Scald against her Nosepass, who paralyzes my Brionne with Thunder Wave. I use an X-Speed, and then use Scald again to KO her Nosepass, which takes two tries to connect. I use a Heal Powder and a Super Potion, and then use an Aqua Jet against her Boldore. I use Encore to be knocked into Torrent Range, and use a Torrented Scald to finish off her Boldore. Then I use a Torrented Scald against her Lycanroc. I get Rockium Z, and fly to Heahea City.

I head to Hano Grand Resort, put Petilil at the front, and face the mysterious Pokemon. My first flee attempt failed, and the mysterious Pokemon KOs my Petlil in one go. My second flee attempt was successful, and I get a free heal and TM29. I head to Malie City, and battle Hau. I try use Sleep Powder on his Raichu, but Raichu takes out my Petlil in one shot using a Psychic. I switch to Brionne, and encore his Psychic. I use two Super Potions on Brionne in an attempt to hold out. I try to use a Z-Scald, but his Raichu managed to take my Brionne out. I switch to Trumbeak, and use a Revive on Brionne. I then use two more Super Potions, two Hyper Potions, and a Moomoo Milk before his Raichu ends his Psychic loop and uses a Quick Attack. I then try to use a Z-Scald again, but his Raichu uses an Electro Ball and takes out my Brionne in one go and making the run a big failure.

The key lesson here is that Hau’s Raichu is extremely fast, which means that using Revive or Encore while Brionne was active was a Very Bad Idea. I will try another run in the next several days with a new character. Feel free to vote on the gender and new name of the next player. I'll probably start a run either tomorrow or on Saturday, so any votes should come before then for the 0-1 people interested in seeing something like this.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

So with no response, I select another male character this time and name him Emmett. This time, the attempt gets to an rough start, but I manage to finish the first part.

The Lithium Rogue’s Journey Attempt #2: Emmett

Part 2-1:

After the introductory cutscenes, I go to Iki Town and then to Mahalo trail. I get the Sparkling Stone, and head back to Iki Town. I get Popplio, the Pokedex and the Trainer Passport, and pet it right away. I use 3 red beans and 6 rubs placed on the nose, right cheek, nose, left cheek, nose, and right cheek in that order. It thankfully has 12 Special Attack, 12 Attack, 11 Special Defense, 9 Defense, and 9 Speed, which makes it suitable for a Lithium Rogue run such as this. I then battle Hau, and use Water Gun twice on his Litten. I get a free heal, get 10 Poke Balls and 5 Potions, and catch a Pikipek. I encounter and catch a Yungoos, get another Potion, and fight Youngster Jimmy, where I use Water Gun twice on his Rattata. I notice that the Popplio only had 14 Special Attack at level 7, which could cause problems down the line in this run. I switch to Yungoos at the front to try to train in up in future encounters, get another Poke Ball, encounter and KO a Ledyba and Metapod, and head to Iki Town.

I switch back to Popplio at the front, get a free heal, and battle Hau. I use Water Gun three times against his Pichu, who decreases its defense by 1. Upon taking it out, my Poppilo learns Disarming voice. I then use Water Gun twice against his Litten to take it out. I get the Z-ring and a free heal. I then pet Poppilo, where I use 2 red beans and 3 rubs. I then go to the lab, get the Rotom Pokedex, and return to Route 1. I switch to Yungoos at the front, encounter and KO a Yungoos and 2 Wingulls on the way. My Yungoos learns Pursuit along the way.

I head to Hau’oli City, heal at the Pokemon Center, and get the Rare Candy at the Center Coffee shop. I switch back to Popplio at the front, go to the Trainers’ School, and get the Exp Share. I then battle Youngster Joey and use Water Gun twice against his Metapod. Then, I battle Preschooler Mia, where I use Water Gun against her Bonsly, which was enough to take it out. Next, I get a Potion and face Youth Athlete Hiromi, where I use Water Gun twice against her Pikipek. I have Popplio forego learning Baby-Doll Eyes in the process. Finally, I fight Rising Star Joseph and use Water Gun three times against his Grimer. I get TM01, heal using Lillie, and begin the Teacher Emily Battle. I use Water Gun twice against her Magnemite, but fail to deliver the third Water gun due to the Magnemite getting the speed initiative and using a Thunder Shock to KO my Poplio. I switch to Yungoos, and use a Pursuit to take it out. I then use Pursuit against her Meowth. Then I use 5 Potions, and use five Tackles to finish off her Meowth, three of which were flinched by its Bites. I have my Pikipek learn Echoed Voice in the process. I get the 5 Great Balls and finish the part with a sigh of relief.

I have a level 11 Popplio, a level 9 Yungoos, and a level 7 Pikipek. Finishing the next part is going to be challenging, but still doable if I am smart about it. I will have a report on the next part in a couple of days.

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so I begin the second part and manage to finish it after encountering quite a few problems with the Totem Raticate battle.

Part 2-2:

I get a Potion, a Lens Case, and a Heal Ball, and head to the shopping district. I buy 4 Repels, 5 Potions, 21 X-Sp. Atk, 3 X-Speed, and 2 X-Defenses. I then head to the southeast docks, where I fight the Team Skull Grunt. I use Water Gun twice against the Team Skull Grunt’s Zubat. Next, I fight Ilima, and use an X Sp. Atk. Then I use two Water Guns against his Yungoos. Finally, I use a Torrented Water Gun to KO his Smeargle, which turned out to be a critical hit. I then heal at the Pokémon Center and head to Route 2.

I encounter and catch a Meowth, and fail to dodge Beauty Krystal. I use Water Gun twice to take her Ghastly out. My Yungoos and Pikipek learns Sand Attack and Rock Smash respectively. I then battle Preschooler Kaleb, where I use Water Gun twice to KO his Spearow. I get a free heal, and face a Team Skull Grunt. I use an X-Sp. Atk, and use Water Gun twice against his Drowzee. I get an Oran Berry and 3 Persim Berries. I switch to Yungoos at the front, find out that the caught Meowth has a Full Heal, and cross the grass. I run into a Yungoos from a shaking grass encounter and KO it. My Meowth learns Fake Out in the process. I pick up an Oran Berry and go to the shopping center. I get 3 Revives, heal at the Pokémon Center, buy 7 Super Potions, and enter Verdant Cave.

I switch back to Popplio at the front, go to the first den, and fight the first Rattata. I use Disarming Voice and Water Gun to take it out. I get a Super Potion and then run up to the second Rattata. I use a Disarming Voice and Water Gun to deal with this Rattata. I interact with the dens in the order in which they appear in the corresponding cutscene, getting a Super Potion and the X Defense on the way. I use a Potion and fight the Team Skull Grunt, and use four Pounds against the Team Skull Grunt’s Drowzee. I use a Potion on Popplio, and head to the first den to fight the Raticate. I use Disarming Voice three times to take it out and have Popplio learn Aqua Jet over Pound. After using two Potions on Popplio, I head to the altar. I then fight the Totem Alolan Raticate. I use an X-Sp. Atk, and then attempt to use Disarming Voice, but the Totem Raticate’s Bite causes my Popplio to flinch. I use 3 Super Potions, 3 Potions, and 2 X Defenses, and try Disarming voice again, but again get flinched. I use another Super Potion, and try Disarming Voice again, but get flinched with Raticate’s Bite. I use yet another Super Potion and try Disarming voice two more times, but get flinched from Raticate’s bites both times. I use another Super Potion, and try Disarming Voice, which works, although my Popplio goes down to 1 HP. I use another Super Potion, and use Disarming voice to finally KO the Raticate. I get a free heal, Normalium Z, and 10 Great Balls. I switch to Yungoos at the front, encounter and KO 4 Digletts and encounter and flee from 2 Zubats and leave Verdant Cave.

I heal at the Pokémon Center, buy 1 X Defense, and head to Route 3 and the Melemele Meadow. I encounter and KO a Petilil. I have Yungoose forego learning Odor Sleuth in the process. I also encounter and KO a Cutiefly and an Oricorio. My Poppolio evolves into Brionne in the process. I switch to Brionne at the front, reach Nebby, and fight Hau. I use Aqua Jet three times on Hau’s Pikachu, who paralyzes me with Static in the process and causes one of my Aqua Jets to fail in the process. I then use Aqua Jet on his Litten three time to win the battle, one of which gets blocked by paralysis. My Pikipek forgoes learning Supersonic in the process. I get a free heal and pick up a Super Potion. I equip the Oran Berry on Brionne, and head back to Route 1.

I go back to Iki Town, and talk to Professor Kukui and Lillie. I talk to Hala to begin Melemele Island’s Grand Trial and the Hala battle. I use an X-Speed and 2 X-Sp Atks, where his Mankey connects with two critical Karate Chops. I use a Disarming Voice against his Mankey to KO it. I use another X-Sp. Atk and then a Torrented Water Gun against his Makuhita. Finally, I use a Torrented Water Gun on his Crabrawler to win the battle. I get a free heal, the Fightinium Z, a Ride Pager, TM54, and the Melemele Trial Completion stamp. I proceed to end the part with a sigh of relief.

I have a level 18 Brionne, a level 14 Yungoos, a level 13 Pikipek, and a level 13 Meowth. Finishing the next part is going to be challenging for sure. I will have a report in the next several days.

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so I begin the third part and barely manage to finish it due to some mishaps.

Part 2-3:

I switch back to Yungoos at the front, head back to route 1, where I encounter and KO a Caterpie and Grubbin and get a Potion. I then visit mother. After getting a heal from her, I then head to Hau’oli City and buy 2 Super Potions from the Pokémon Center. I then head to the Marina, where I head out with Professor Kukui and the others to Heahea City. There, I meet up with Lillie, switch back to Brionne at the front, and get the Rare Candy from the Old Lady across the clothing shop. I battle Sina, and use 2 X-Sp. Atks. I then use Water Gun once on her Delibird, and Water Gun twice against her Glaceon. I teach Brionne Encore over Disarming Voice and Meowth Fury Swipes over Growl in the process. My Pikipek also evolves into a Trumbeak as well. I get a free heal and the Zygarde Cube, and head to Route 4.

I switch to Yungoos at the front, get a Great Ball and Adrenaline Orb, and encounter and KO 2 Pikipeks. I dodge the trainers and enter Paniola Town. I receive a free heal and then battle Hau, where I have Yungoos use Pursuit on his Pikachu, I then try to use Tackle, but his Pikachu uses Electro Ball to take out out. I switch to Meowth and have it use Bite twice on the Pikachu. I then try to use Bite a third time, but an Electro Ball from his Pikachu causes Meowth to faint. I switch to Brionne and use Aqua Jet on his Pikachu to KO it. Then I use Aqua Jet twice against his Torracat to win the battle, and get a free heal and Dire Hit. Then I head to Paniola Ranch.

I get a Moomoo Milk, a Repel, a Zygarde Cube, and encounter and KO a Lillipup and Tauros. I have Trumbeak learn Pluck over Peck, and my Yungoos faints in the process. I switch Meowth to the front and get TM10, and find that Brionne’s Hidden Power is Water, which is useless for my purposes. I use Tauros to charge right around the walking trainer and head to Route 5, where I run into Twins Isa and Nico. I have Brionne use Aqua Jet on their Igglybuff, and Meowth use Bite against their Happiny. I repeat these moves to win the battle. I get a Super Potion, put Brionne in the front, and battle Gladion. I use two X-Sp. Atks and an X Speed. Then I use Water Gun against his Zubat. Next I use Water Gun twice to take his Type: Null out. After getting 3 Revives from Hau, I switch to Meowth at the front and encounter and KO 2 Caterpies and a Metapod. I then heal at the Pokémon Center and head to Brooklet Hill.

I get a Net Ball and mount Lapras at the water, and KO the first Wishiwashi. I have Meowth and Yungoos forego learning Screech and Bide respectively in the process. I get a Revive, the hidden Max Repel, and run from the second Wishiwashi. I get TM55 and teach Brionne Scald over Growl. I encounter and KO a Psyduck, which causes my Meowth to faint. I switch to Trumbeak at the front, dodge the fisher, switch to Brionne at the front, and fight the Totem Wishiwashi. I use an X-Sp. Atk, and use Scald on the small Wishiwashi. Then I use 2 X-Sp Atks. Next, I use Encore on the Wishiwashi’s Water Gun and use a Torrented Scald to finish off the Wishiwashi. I get the Waterium Z, the Fishing Rod, and 10 Dive Balls. I heal at the Pokémon Center, switch to Meowth at the front, get the Rare Candy at the first water, and head back to Paniola Ranch. Along the way back, I encounter and KO 2 Pikipeks.

Once back at Paniola Ranch, I switch back to Brionne at the front and fight Pokémon Breeder Amanda. I use a Scald each on her Lillipup and Growlithe. I get the Mystic Water, and head to Route 6.

I get a Super Potion and fight the Team Skull Grunt. I use Scald against the Team Skull Grunt’s Drowzee. I get the Rare Candy and hidden Carbos, and head to Royal Avenue.

I get the Rare Candy and enter the Battle Royal Dome. I use Scald on Hau’s Torracat, get a free heal, and head to Route 7. From there, I head to Wela Volcano Park. I use Carbos on Brionne and equip Brionne with Waterium-Z and Meowth with Normalium-Z. I then switch to Meowth at the front and encounter and KO a Fletchling and 2 Magbys. My Meowth, Yungoos, and Trumbeak also faint in the process. I also catch a Magby in the process. I get a Hyper Potion and go to the Totem’s Den. I meet with Captain Kiawe to start the trial. For the first puzzle, I select the Middle Marowak, and use Scald on the Marowak. I have Brionne forego learning Bubble Beam in the process. For the second puzzle, I select the Hiker, and use Z-Scald against the Hiker’s Magmar. I select the suspicious Pokémon for the third puzzle, and fight Totem Salazzle. I use Z-Scald on the Salazzle, and then use Aqua Jet on the Salazzle. I then use a Torrented Aqua Jet on Salandit to finish the battle. I get Firium Z and 10 Quick Balls and end the part with a sigh of relief.

I have a level 25 Brionne, a level 18 Trumbeak, a level 17 Meowth, and a level 17 Yungoos. Let’s see if I can actually clear the fourth part and win the fourth Hau battle. I will have a report later tonight.

EDIT:
Okay, so I begin the fourth part and barely finish it after almost getting slaughtered at the Hau battle again.

Part 2-4:

I use Charizard and fly back to Route 7. I use a Revive on Meowth and a Potion each on Meowth and Brionne, and switch to Meowth to the front. I then remove Brionne’s Poison and head north to Route 8 and talk to Colress. I get TM43, and pass the backpacker from the top. I get a Cheri Berry, a Pecha Berry, and an Oran Berry, and run into Scientist Tyrone. I switch to Brionne and use Scald to take his Archen out. I then switch back to Meowth and use Bite twice and Z-Fake Out against his Shieldon. I then use Bite three times before using a Super Potion on Meowth. Next, I use Bite twice to take his Shieldon out. I enter the Pokémon Center and heal my Pokemon and then buy an Escape Rope, an X-Defense, and 2 Super Potions. Next, I head southeast to Route 5 and to the Lush Jungle. I switch back to Brionne to the front and talk to Captain Mallow to begin the Trial. I go left to get the Tiny Mushroom. I then fight the Shiinotic and use an X-Sp. Atk. I then use Scald and then a Z-Scald to KO the Shiinotic. I get the Mago Berry and use Scald twice to deal with the Fomantis encountered there. I then use Scald twice for the Fomtanis encountered when getting the Revival Herb. After fighting the Fomantis, I use 3 Rare Candies to get to level 29, with the last Rare Candy use being an accident, have Brionne forego learning Sing, and heal Brionne to full using two Potions. I then get the Miracle Seed and a Big Root and fight the Totem Lurantis, where I use an X-Defense. I then use a Scald on Trumbeak, which was enough to take it out, and use 2 Super Potions. I then use an X Sp. Atk and a Torrented Z-Scald on the totem Lurantis, which was thankfully enough to take it out. I have Yungoos learn Bite over Pursuit in the process. I get Grassium Z, 10 Nest Balls, and TM67. Then, I fly to Heahea City.

I enter the Dimensional Research Lab, and partake in the Lillie cutscene. I then talk to Kukui. After the cutscenes, I head to Diglett’s Tunnel. Once inside, I switch to Meowth at the front and encounter and KO a Diglett. I use a Potion on Meowth, and encounter and KO another Diglett. I fight the Team Skull Grunts, and switch to Brionne. I use a Super Potion on Brionne, and use a Scald each on their Salandit, while Hau’s Torracat takes care of the Fomantis. I get a free heal and a Max Ether, and head to Route 9.

I head to Konikoni City and go to Olivia’s shop. After getting the Max Potion from the Nosepass, I head to the Herb Seller next to the Pokémon Center. I sell all Nest Balls, Quick Balls, and Dive Balls, and buy 11 Heal Powders and 9 Energy Roots. I head back to Route 9 and go to Memorial Hill. I go around the old lady and get a Spell Tag. I switch back to Brionne at the front and then battle the Team Skull Grunt harassing the Aether Foundation employee. I use Z-Scald against the Team Skull Grunt’s Raticate, and have Trumbeak forego learning Roost in the process. Then I switch back to Meowth at the front, battle and KO a Raticate, and head to the Akala Outskirts.

I proceed to fight Plumeria, where I use Scald twice against her Golbat, who confuses my Brionne in the process and causes my first Scald to fail. I then use a Torrented Aqua Jet to take it out. I use a Torrented Scald against her Salandit to finish the battle. I get a free heal, and head to the Ruins of Life.

I battle Olivia, and use Scald against her Nosepass, who paralyzes my Brionne with Thunder Wave. I use an X-Speed, and then try to use Scald twice, but fail to do so because of paralysis. I use a Super Potion, and use Scald twice to take it out. I have Meowth use Faint Attack over Fury Swipes in the process. I use a Heal Powder and a Super Potion, and then use an Aqua Jet against her Boldore. I then use a Torrented Scald to finish off her Boldore. Then I use a Torrented Scald against her Lycanroc. I get Rockium Z, and fly to Heahea City.

I head to Hano Grand Resort, put Meowth at the front, equip Fightinium Z to Trumbeak, and face the mysterious Pokemon. My first flee attempt failed, and the mysterious Pokemon KOs my Meowth in one go with Venoshock. My second flee attempt was not successful, and I switch to Trumbeak and try to flee again, which succeeds. I get a free heal and TM29, and head to Malie City, where I battle Hau. I try to use Feint Attack on his Raichu, but his Raichu takes it out in one single shot. I switch to Brionne, and use Aqua Jet twice to take out his Raichu, which takes out my Brionne with two Psychics and a Quick Attack. I switch to Yungoos and use a Revive on Brionne. My Yungoos faints to a Psychic that turned out to be a critical hit. I switch back to Brionne and use Aqua Jet again to finish off the Raichu. I try to use a Z-Scald, but his Raichu managed to take my Brionne out. I switch to Trumbeak, and use Pluck on his Leafeon. I then use a Super Potion on Brionne, and a Revive on Meowth. I use a Z-Scald and an Aqua Jet on his Leafeon, and use a Revive on Trumbeak on his Leafeon. I switch to Meowth, and use a Super Potion on Trumbeak. My Meowth faints to a Giga Drain from his Leafeon, and I switch back to Trumbeak. I use Pluck twice and use another Super Potion, then use Pluck again. I then use another Revive on Brionne, while his Leafeon takes out my Trumbeak again with a critical Quick Attack. I switch to Brionne, and use Aqua Jet to take the Leafeon out. I then use a Scald to take out his Torracat. I then get a free heal and finish the part with a huge sigh of relief.

Below is my plan to finish the fifth part and finish Captain Acerola’s trial.

Part 5 Plan:

Malie City, Malie Garden, Malie City, Route 10:

Head to Malie Garden, and talk to Professor Kukui. Pick the second option when approached by Hau. Head to the library after the cutscenes and go left. After talking with Professor Oak, go to Route 10. Stay low, go around trainer in the grass, and switch to Brionne and fight the first Team Skull Grunt. Use Z-Scald and then a Scald if necessary on the first Team Skull Grunt’s Golbat. The fight the second Team Skull Grunt and use Z-Scald on the second Team Skull Grunt's Raticate. Take the bus to Mount Hokulani.

Mount Hokulani:

Go south and get the Rare Candy. Use a Rare Candy on Brionne to get to level 33, then get a free heal and battle Molayne. Use Scald, then an X-Sp. Atk, and then another Scald on his Skarmory. If Brionne is in Torrent range, then use a Torrented Scald against his Metang. Otherwise, use a Water Gun and then Scald against his Metang. Use a Scald against his Dugtrio. Get the Comet Shard from the scientist behind the counter. Pick Option 1 for the first puzzle. Battle the Grubbin, and Encore Bug Bite to get to the low Torrent HP range. Then use a Torrented Scald to KO it. Teach Brionne Sparkling Aria over Water Gun. Select Option 2 for the second and third puzzles, and use Torrented Scald to deal with both Charjabugs. Select Option 3 for the fourth puzzle, and use a Torrented Z-Sparkling Aria against the Totem Vikavolt. Get the Electrium Z, Steelium Z, and the Professor’s Mask. Fly to Malie City.

Malie City, Malie Garden:

Teach Primarina Psychic over Scald, and heal at the Pokemon Center. Go to Malie Garden and battle Guzma, and use a Psychic against his Golispod. If Psychic did not cause a Special Defense drop on his Golispod, use an X Sp. Atk. In any case, use a Psychic to KO his Golispod. Use a Psychic on his Ariados and get Primarium Z. Put Meowth at the front, and head back to Malie City.

Malie City, Route 11, Route 12, Route 13, Tapu Village, Route 15:

Heal at the Malie City Pokémon Center, then head south to Route 11. Go to Route 12, and talk to Hapu. Go to Route 13, and get the Max Potion from Hau. Then go to Tapu Village and head north to Route 15. Put Primarina back to the front, and battle Preschooler Hunter. Use Sparkling Aria and Aqua Jet against his Elekid. Then fight the Team Skull Grunt and use Sparkling Aria against the Team Skull Grunt’s Drowzee. Get the 5 Luxury Balls, and head back to Tapu Village.

Tapu Village, Route 14, Thrifty Megamart:

Go to Route 14, and hug the water as much as possible until Thrifty Megamart is reached. Fight the Gastly, and use Sparkling Aria against it. Fight the Haunter, and use Sparkling Aria on it. Face the Gengar, and use Psychic on it. Cure Primarina of any Poisoning or Paralysis, and heal it to full. Face the Totem Mimikyu, and use one X-Defense. Use a Sparkling Aria to KO the Haunter and break the Disguise. Use an X-Sp Atk and use a Z-Sparkling Aria to finish off the Totem Mimikyu. Get Ghostium Z and 10 Dusk Balls.

I have a level 32 Brionne, a level 23 Trumbeak, a level 22 Meowth, and a level 21 Yungoos. This part could be a tad dangerous, especially of the Preschooler Hunter’s Elekid paralyzes my Primarina in the process. I will have an update tomorrow.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

I start the fifth part, and manage to finish it after a couple of tense moments and setbacks.

Part 2-5:

I head to Malie Garden, and talk to Professor Kukui. I pick the second option when approached by Hau. I get a Rage Candy bar and head to the library after the cutscenes, getting a Zygarde Cube on the way. After talking with Professor Oak and Lillie, I go to Route 10. I stay low, go around trainer in the grass, and encounter and catch a Fearow. I have Yungoos learn Mud-Slap over Sand Attack before it evolves into a Gumshoos in the process. I switch to Brionne, get a Zygarde Cube, and fight the first Team Skull Grunt. I use Z-Scald on the Team Skull Grunt’s Golbat, and have Trumbeak learn Fury Attack over Echoed Voice. Then I fight the second Team Skull Grunt and use Z Scald and then Aqua Jet on the second Team Skull Grunt’s Raticate. I have Brionne forego learning Double Slap on the process and take the bus to Mount Hokulani.

I go south and run into Office Worker Jessica. I use Z-Scald to deal with her Clefairy, I get a Fast Ball and the hidden Rare Candy. I then get a free heal and battle Molayne. I use Scald, then an X-Sp. Atk, and then another Scald on his Skarmory. I next use a Water Gun and then Scald against his Metang. I use a Scald against his Dugtrio to win the battle. My Brionne evolves into Primarina in the process, and I teach it Sparkling Aria over Water Gun. I get the Comet Shard from the scientist behind the counter. I pick Option 1 for the first puzzle, and battle the Grubbin, where I Encore Bug Bite to get Primarina to 13 HP. I then use a Torrented Scald to KO it and have Meowth forego learning Taunt in the process. I select Option 2 for the second and third puzzles, and use Torrented Scald to deal with both Charjabugs. Select Option 3 for the fourth puzzle, and use a Torrented Z-Sparkling Aria against the Totem Vikavolt. I get the Electrium Z, Steelium Z, and the Professor’s Mask. Then, I fly to Malie City.

I teach Primarina Psychic over Scald, and heal at the Pokémon Center. Then I go to Malie Garden and battle Guzma, and use a Psychic against his Golispod. I then use an X-Sp Atk and then another Psychic to KO his Golispod. I then use Sparkling Aria on his Ariados and get Primarium Z. I put Meowth at the front, and head back to Malie City.

Malie City, Route 11, Route 12, Route 13, Tapu Village, Route 15:

I heal at the Malie City Pokémon Center, then head south to Route 11. I encounter and KO a Paras and have Fearow forego learning Agility in the process. I go to Route 12, and talk to Hapu, and get a Burn Heal and a Zygarde Cube. I run into Rising Star Leilani, and switch to Gumshoos. I then use Mud Slap twice against her Tirtouga before the Gumshoos faints from her Brine and Ancient Power. I then switch to Trumbeak and have it use Rock Smash three times against her Tirtouga to take it out. I encounter and KO an Elekid and a Mudbray. I also encounter and run from another 2 Elekids, causing my Fearow to faint in the process. I go to Route 13, and get the Max Potion from Hau. Then I go to Tapu Village, heal at the Pokémon Center, and head north to Route 15. I put Primarina back to the front, and battle Preschooler Hunter. I use Sparkling Aria against his Elekid, which was enough to take it out. I then fight the Team Skull Grunt and use Sparkling Aria and Aqua Jet against the Team Skull Grunt’s Drowzee. I get the 5 Luxury Balls, and head back to Tapu Village.

I go to Route 14, and hug the water as much as possible but fail to dodge Fisherman Hisato. I use Psychic against his Feebas, and switch to Meowth. I use Fake Out and then Bite against his Gyarados, and switch to Fearow, where it quickly falls victim to his Gyarados’ Aqua Tail. I switch to Trumbeak, and try to use Z-Rock Smash against his Gyarados, but fail due to his Aqua Tail taking out his Aqua Tail in one go. I switch back to Primarina, and use Psychic twice to finish off his Gyarados. I reach Thrifty Megamart and fight the Gastly, where I use Sparkling Aria against it. Next, I fight the Haunter, and use Sparkling Aria on it. I face the Gengar, and use Psychic on it. I have Gumshoos learn Super Fang over Leer, and use a Moomoo milk on Primarina. I face the Totem Mimikyu, and use one X-Defense. I use a Sparkling Aria to KO the Haunter and break the Disguise. Next, I use an X-Sp Atk and use a Torrented Z-Sparkling Aria to finish off the Totem Mimikyu, which manages to get my Primarina down to a scary 6 HP in the process. I get Ghostium Z and 10 Dusk Balls, and end the part with a sigh of relief.

Below is my plan to finish the sixth part and finish the Lusamine battle:

Part 6 Plan:

Thrifty Megamart, Route 14, Tapu Village, Route 15:

Head back to Route 14 and return to Tapu Village. Heal at the Pokémon Center, and put Trumbeak at the second slot. Then head to Route 15 and fight Plumeria. Use Z-Sparkling Aria to deal with her Golbat, and use Psychic against her Salazzle. Cure Primarina of any Poison, and use an Energy Root if necessary. Battle Ace Trainer Yuki, and use a Sparkling Aria each on Ace Trainer Yuki’s Sandshrew and Marowak. Then switch to Trumbeak at the front and head to Route 16, avoiding the swimmers along the way.

Route 16, Ula’ula Meadow, Route 17:

Head to Ula’ula Meadow and proceed to Route 17. Go the long way around Po Town and smash rocks after climbing the ramps while hugging the left to avoid the Team Skull Grunt fight. Drop the left most edges and hug the Po Town wall to avoid the walking Team Skull Grunt fight. Switch to Primarina back to the front, and battle the two Team Skull Grunts. Have Primarina use Sparkling Aria, and use Trumbeak’s turn to use an X-Sp. Atk on Primarina. Enter Po Town.

Po Town:

Fight the first Team Skull Grunt, and use Sparkling Aria on the first Team Skull Grunt’s Spinarak. Face the second Team Skull Grunt, and use Sparkling Aria on his Grimer. Get the Rare candy, and try to get past the grunt by going to the car on the right side. I then charge to the Shady House entrance by going behind the walking Team Skull Grunt. Pass the Team Skull Grunt upstairs by hugging the railing. Choose the third, second, and then the first option for the passwords, and then say no. Heal Primarina to full if necessary, then fight Guzma. If Primarina has at least 114 Special Attack, then use an X-Sp. Atk and Z-Sparkling Aria on his Golisopod. Otherwise, use Psychic, an X-Sp. Atk, and Z-Sparkling Aria on his Golisopod. Then use a Sparkling Aria on his Ariados. Get a free heal, and use 2 Rare Candies on Primarina. Equip Primarina with Mystic Water and use an Escape Rope. After the cutscene, fly to Route 8.

Route 8, Tapu Village, Route 15:

Sell the Comet Shard at the Pokemon Center. Buy 1 X-Sp. Def, 22 X-Sp. Atks, 1 X-Defense, 20 X-Speeds, and 9 Max Potions. Then fly to Tapu Village and head to Route 15 and the Aether House, and battle Gladion. Use Psychic and then Aqua Jet to deal with his Golbat, and Sparkling Aria twice against his Sneasel. Then use Sparkling Aria twice against his Type: Null. Get a free heal, and head to Malie City.

Malie City:

Battle Nanu, and use an X-Sp. Atk and an X-Speed. Then use a Sparkling Aria each against his Sableye and Krokorok. Then use an X-Speed and a Sparkling Aria against his Persian. Get a free heal and Darkinium Z, and head to the Aether Foundation.

Aether Foundation:

Switch to Trumbeak at the front, and try to avoid the employees until the elevator is reached. Switch back to Primarina at the front and battle Faba. Use an X-Speed if Primarina’s speed is 75 or less. Then use Sparkling Aria twice. Use an Energy Root on Primarina if necessary, and battle the first Aether Foundation Employee. Use Sparkling Aria twice against the first Aether Foundation Employee’s Muk. Battle the second Aether Foundation Employee, and use Sparkling Aria and then Aqua Jet against the second Aether Foundation Employee’s Magneton. Battle the third Aether Foundation Employee, and use Sparkling Aria and Psychic against the third Aether Foundation Employee’s Porygon 2. Battle the first Aether Foundation Double, and use either a Torrented Sparkling Aria or Psychic to deal with the first Aether Foundation’s Double’s Vanillish and Machoke. Get a free heal and battle the second Aether Foundation Double. Use Sparkling Aria and Psychic against the Second Aether Foundation Double’s Pellipper, and use Sparkling Aria against the Second Aether Foundation Double’s Mudsdale. Get a free heal and face the third Aether Foundation Double. Use a Sparkling Aria each on the third Aether Foundation Double’s Electrabuzz and Magmar. Teach Primarina Moonblast over Aqua Jet. Battle the fourth Aether Foundation Double, and use an X Sp. Atk. Use a Moonblast each on all four of the fourth Aether Foundation Double’s Pokemon. Use an X-Speed if the fourth Aether Foundation Double sends out Hypno before Bruxish and use a Max Potion if Primarina is below 139 HP. Get a free heal and fight the first Team Skull Grunt, and use Psychic on the first Team Skull Grunt’s Golbat. Fight the second Team Skull Grunt, and use Moonblast on the second Team Skull Grunt’s Raticate. Face Guzma and use an X-Sp. Atk and an X-Speed. Then use a Moonblast each on his Golisopod and Masquerain. Use Sparking Aria and Moonblast against his Ariados and Pinsir, respectively. Use Rare Candies to get Trumbeak to level 32 if necessary, teach Trumbeak Drill Peck over Pluck, and face Lusamine. Use Sparkling Aria several times against her Clefable, and then switch to Trumbeak. Have Trumbeak use Drill Peck against her Lusamine. If Trumbeak faints, switch to Fearow and have it use Aerial Ace against her Lusamine. Switch back to Primarina, and use Sparkling Aria to deal with her Misamagius. Heal Lusamine using a Max Potion, and use Moonblast against her Milotic. Use Moonblast against her Bewear.

I have a level 37 Primarina, a level 29 Meowth, a level 27 Trumbeak, a level 27 Fearow, and a level 27 Gumshoos. This part is going to be especially difficult, especially the Lusamine battle. I will have an update either tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT:
I start the sixth part, and actually manage to finish off without too much trouble, despite some minor setbacks. Below is how it went:

Part 2-6:

I head back to Route 14 and return to Tapu Village. I heal at the Pokémon Center, and put Trumbeak at the second slot. Then I head to Route 15 and fight Plumeria. I use Z-Sparkling Aria to deal with her Golbat, and use Psychic against her Salazzle. I have Primarina forego learning Hyper Voice in the process. My Trumbeak also evolves into a Toucannon after the battle, and I teach it Beak Blast over Pluck. I get a Rare Candy and battle Ace Trainer Yuki, where I use a Sparkling Aria each on Ace Trainer Yuki’s Sandshrew and Marowak. Then I switch to Toucannon at the front and head to Route 16, encountering and KOing a Pelipper, while causing my Toucannon to faint in the process. I also have Meowth forego learning Pay Day. I then switch to Fearow at the front and encounter and KO a Finneon, avoiding the swimmers along the way.

I heal at the Pokemon Center, switch back to Toucannon at the front, and head to Ula’ula Meadow. From there, I get a Zygarde Cube and proceed to Route 17. I go the long way around Po Town, get a Lemonade and smash rocks after climbing the ramps. I fail to avoid a Team Skull Grunt and use a Beak Blast to take the Golbat out. I screw up when I drop from the left most edges and run into another Team Skull Grunt. I use a Beak Blast and Fury Attack against her Mareanie, and use a Beak Blast against her Fomantis. I hug the Po Town wall to avoid the walking Team Skull Grunt fight. I switch to Primarina back to the front, and battle the two Team Skull Grunts. I have Primarina use Sparkling Aria, and use Toucannon’s turn to use an X-Sp. Atk on Primarina. My Toucannon faints in the process, though. I then enter Po Town.

I get a Max Repel and fight the first Team Skull Grunt. I use Sparkling Aria on the first Team Skull Grunt’s Spinarak. Next I face the second Team Skull Grunt, and use Sparkling Aria on his Grimer. I heal at the Pokémon Center, and face the two Team Skull Grunts. I have Primarina use Psychic against their Golbat, and Toucannon use Rock Smash against their Raticate. I have Toucannon forego learning Screech in the process. I next have Primarina use Aqua Jet against their Raticate, and Toucannon use Rock Smash against their Raticate to win the battle. My Meowth also evolves into a Persian in the process. I also have my Persian learn Swift over Scratch. I get the Rare Candy, switch to the Toucannon at the front, and heal back at the Pokémon Center. I next try to get past the Team Skull Grunt by going to the car on the right side, but fail to do so. I use a Beak Blast against their Fomantis, and a Beak Blast against their Salandit. I then head to the Shady House entrance by going behind the walking Team Skull Grunt. I next pass the Team Skull Grunt upstairs by hugging the railing. Choose the third, second, and then the first option for the passwords, and then say no. I put Primarina back at the front, get an Escape Rope, and then fight Guzma. I use Psychic, an X-Sp. Atk, and Z-Sparkling Aria on his Golisopod. Then I use a Sparkling Aria on his Ariados. I have Persian learn Power Gem over Feint Attack in the process. I get a Buginium Z, and use 1 Rare Candy on Primarina. I equip Primarina with Mystic Water and use an Escape Rope. After the cutscene and the free heal, I fly to Tapu Village.

I sell the Comet Shard at the Pokémon center. I then buy 9 Max Potions. I next fly to Route 8 and buy 1 X-Sp. Def, 22 X-Sp. Atks, 1 X-Defense, and 20 X-Speeds. I fly back to Tapu Village and head to Route 15 and the Aether House, and battle Gladion. I use Psychic and then Aqua Jet to deal with his Golbat. I have Gumshoos learn Take Down over Tackle in the process. I switch to Toucannon, and have it use Z-Rock Smash against his Type: Null. I then use a Hyper Potion on Primarina, while his Type: Null uses Crush Claw to KO my Toucannon. I use Sparkling Aria twice on his Type: Null, and Sparkling Aria against his Sneasel. I get a free heal, and head to Malie City.

I battle Nanu, and use an X-Sp. Atk and an X-Speed. Then I use a Sparkling Aria each against his Sableye and Krokorok. I have Fearow forego learning Focus energy in the process. Next I use an X-Speed and a Sparkling Aria against his Persian. I get a free heal and Darkinium Z, and head to the Aether Foundation.

Aether Foundation:

I switch to Toucannon at the front, and try to avoid the employees, but fail to avoid an Aether Foundation Employee. I use Z-Rock Smash to deal with the Aether Foundation Employee’s Dugtrio. I then use a Beak Blast and then a Rock Blast against the Aether Foundation Employee’s Sliggoo. I use a Hyper Potion on Toucannon and allow the burn to take out the Aether Foundation Employee’s Sliggoo. I run into another Aether Foundation Employee, and use Beak Blast twice against her Shelgon. I then use a Beak Blast against her Trumbeak. I reach the eleveator, switch back to Primarina at the front, and battle Faba. I use an X-Speed. His Hypno puts my Primarina to sleep, so I use a Full Heal and then Sparkling Aria. His Hypno Disables Primarina’s Sparkling Aria, so I use Aqua Jet to finish the battle. I get a Max Revive and battle the first Aether Foundation Employee. I use Sparkling Aria twice against the first Aether Foundation Employee’s Muk. I have Toucannon learn Drill Peck over Growl in the process. Next I battle the second Aether Foundation Employee, and use Aqua Jet and then Sparkling Aria against the second Aether Foundation Employee’s Magneton. Then I battle the third Aether Foundation Employee, and use Sparkling Aria and Psychic against the third Aether Foundation Employee’s Porygon 2. I get a Zygarde Cell, and battle the first Aether Foundation Double, and use Psychic twice to deal with the first Aether Foundation’s Double’s Vanillish, while Hau’s Raichu uses Psychic to KO the Aether Foundation Double’s Machoke. I get a free heal and a Rare Candy and battle the second Aether Foundation Double. I try to use Sparkling Aria against the Second Aether Foundation Double’s Pellipper, but Hau’s Raichu takes it out. I have Primarina learn Moonblast over Aqua Jet, and then use Sparkling Aria against the Second Aether Foundation Double’s Mudsdale. I get a free heal and face the third Aether Foundation Double. I use a Sparkling Aria on the third Aether Foundation Double’s Electrabuzz and Magmar. I then proceed to use Psychic on Electrabuzz to KO it. Then I get a free heal and battle the fourth Aether Foundation Double, where I use an X Sp. Atk. I use a Moonblast against their Ledian, which did not take it out. Surprised, I try use a Psychic against their Ledian to take it out, but Hau’s Raichu beats me to it with a Quick Attack. I have Gumshoos forego learning Scary Face in the process. My Psychic gets redirected to the Slowbro, which was enough to take it out. I use a Moonblast each against his Bruxish and Hypno to win the battle, the latter which was finished off by a Quick Attack from Hau’s Leafeaon. I get a free heal and fight the first Team Skull Grunt, and use Psychic on the first Team Skull Grunt’s Golbat. I have Fearow forego learning Roost in the process. Next, I fight the second Team Skull Grunt, and use Moonblast on the second Team Skull Grunt’s Raticate. I face Guzma and use an X-Sp. Atk and an X-Speed. Then I use a Moonblast each on his Golisopod and Masquerain. I have Persian learn Slash over Swift. Finally, I use Sparking Aria and Moonblast against his Ariados and Pinsir, respectively. I get a free heal and face Lusamine. I use Sparkling Aria once against her Clefable before Lusamine withdraws it and bring in Lilligant, which takes on my Primarina’s Sparkling Aria. I switch to Toucannon, who gets confused by my Lilligant. I have Toucannon use Drill Peck against her Lusamine, which thankfully connects and takes her Lilligant out. I switch back to Lusamine, and use Sparkling Aria against her Misamagius. I heal Lusamine using an Energy Root, and use another Sparkling Aria to take her Misamagius out. I then use Sparkling Aria twice against her Clefable to knock it out. I switch to Toucannon, and use an Energy Root on Primarina. I then use Z-Rock Smash against her Bewear, and attempt to use Drill Peck, but her Bewear manages to KO my Toucannon. I use Moonblast to finish off her Bewear. I use Moonblast three times against her Milotic to win the battle. I get a free heal and end the part with relief.

Below is my plan to finish the seventh part and complete Poni Island’s Grand Trial:

Part 7 Plan:

Aether Foundation, Seafolk Village, Poni Wilds, Ancient Poni Path, Poni Breaker Coast, Ruins of Hope, Seafolk Village, Exeggutor Island:

Leave the house and get the Sun Flute and Master Ball. Go to the docks and head to Seafolk Village. Once there, go to Poni Wilds and head to the Ancient Poni Path. Then go to Poni Breaker Coast and the Ruins of Hope. After the cutscene, fly to Seafolk Village, and fly to Exeggutor Island. Use Moonblast against the Exeggutor, get the Moon Flute, and return to Seafolk Village.

Seafolk Village, Poni Wilds, Ancient Poni Path, Vast Poni Canyon:

Head to Poni Wilds and Ancient Poni Path. Fight the first Team Skull Grunt, and use Moonblast against the first Team Skull Grunt’s Fomantis. Then face the second Team Skull Grunt. Use an X-Speed, and a Heal Powder to cure Poison if needed. Then use a Psychic each on the second Team Skull Grunt’s Salandit and Mareanie. If Primarina is in Torrent, use Sparkling Aria against the second Team Skull Grunt’s Golbat. Use Psychic and Sparkling Aria otherwise on the second Team Skull Grunt’s Golbat. Use Moonblast and Sparkling Aria to deal with the second Team Skull Grunt’s Raticate and Haunter respectively. Get a free heal, use a Rare Candy, head to Vast Poni Canyon, and begin the Hapu battle. Use a Sparkling Aria each on Hapu’s Dugtrio and Mudsdale. Then use an Energy Root if necessary, and use Moonblast against her Flygon. Then use an X-Sp. Atk, Psychic, and Sparkling Aria against her Gastrodon. Get Groundium Z.

I have a level 48 Primarina, a level 38 Toucannon, a level 38 Persian, a level 37 Fearow, and a level 37 Gumshoos. This part should be straightforward. I will have an update on this either later tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Alright, so I start the seventh part, and finish it without too many problems. Below is how it went:

Part 2-7:

I leave the house and get the Sun Flute and Master Ball. Then I go to the docks and head to Seafolk Village. Once there, I switch to Toucannon at the front, get a Zygarde Cell, and go to Poni Wilds. I encounter and KO 2 Raticate, while having my Toucannon faint in the process. I get another Zygarde Cell, and encounter and KO a Gastrodon, while having my Fearow faint in the process. I switch to Gumshoos to the front and head to the Ancient Poni Path. I then go to Poni Breaker Coast, get another Zygarde Cell, and head to the Ruins of Hope, where I get another Zygarde Cell. After the cutscene, I fly to Seafolk Village, and fly to Exeggutor Island. I use Moonblast against the Exeggutor, get the Moon Flute, and return to Seafolk Village.

I head to Poni Wilds, switch to Gumshoos at the front, and encounter and KO a Pelipper. I go to Ancient Poni Path, get a Zygarde Cell, switch to Primarina at the front, and fight the first Team Skull Grunt, where I use Moonblast against the first Team Skull Grunt’s Fomantis. Then I face the second Team Skull Grunt. I use an X-Speed, and a Pecha Berry to cure the poison from his Salandit’s Toxic. Then I use a Psychic each on the second Team Skull Grunt’s Salandit and Mareanie. I have Gumshoos learn Crunch over Bite in the process. I use Psychic and Sparkling Aria on the second Team Skull Grunt’s Golbat. I have Primarina forego learning Captivate in the process. I next use Moonblast and Sparkling Aria to deal with the second Team Skull Grunt’s Raticate and Haunter respectively. I get Poisonium Z and a free heal, use a Rare Candy, head to Vast Poni Canyon, and begin the Hapu battle. I use a Sparkling Aria each on Hapu’s Dugtrio and Mudsdale. Then I use an Energy Root on Primarina, and use Moonblast against her Flygon. Then I use an X-Sp. Atk, Psychic, and Sparkling Aria against her Gastrodon. I get Groundium Z and end the part with pride.

Below is my plan to finish the eighth part and complete the final Hau battle:

Part 8 Plan:

Vast Poni Canyon:

After getting a free heal and Max Revive from Lillie, face Veteran Harry. Use an X-Sp. Atk and use a Sparkling Aria each against his Torkoal and Arcanine. Try to dodge the trainers and battle Ace Duo Kent & Aimee. Have Primarina use a Sparkling Aria to deal with their Sandslash and Ninetales. Get the Full Restore after pushing the first boulder, and stay low while climbing the ladder. Talk to Captain Mina and get Fairium Z, and try to avoid the trainer on the bridge. Go down the tree and go left, and fight Ace Trainer Hiroshi. Use Moonblast against his Absol, and use X-Sp. Atk if his Absol got off a Sp. Atk Drop. Then use Moonblast three times against his Lapras. Use an Energy Root if necessary, and face Veteran Heather. Use an X-Sp. Atk and X-Speed, and then use Sparkling Aria on her Stoutland. Then use Moonblast and Sparkling Aria on her Tsareena and Klefki respectively. Use an Energy Root if needed and battle Veteran Eric. If Primarina is not in Torrent, then use an X-Speed and then Encore if needed to get to Torrent range. Use a Torrented Sparkling Aria each on his Granbull and Golem. Use an Energy Root and then use Psychic on his Gengar, and then use Moonblast against his Cloyster. Get a free heal, face Jangmo-o, and use Psychic on it. Then fight Hakamo-o and use Psychic on it. Face Kommo-o, and use Moonblast on it. If it uses protect, then use Moonblast on Koomo-o again and use Moonblast on Hakamo-o. Get Dragonium-Z and a free heal, and head to Ultra Space.

Ultra Space:

Battle Lusamine, and use an X-Speed. If her Clefable used Cosmic Power, use Encore on it. Whatever the case, use 2 X-Sp. Atks, and then use Sparkling Aria until it goes down. If Primarina suffered a Special Attack drop, then use Moonblast on her Lilligant. Otherwise, use Psychic on her Lilligant. Use Sparkling Aria on her Bewear, and use a Moonblast each on her Mismagius and Milotic. Get a free heal and go to Mount Lanakila.

Mount Lanakila:

Catch Lunala with the Master Ball. Move Lunala to the front of the party and teach it Psychic over Night Daze. Check its stats, and battle Gladion. Use an X-Speed, 3 X-Sp. Atks, and a Max Potion, and then use Shadow Ball against his Golbat. Use Psychic and Moongeist Beam against Silvally and Weaville respectively. Then use Psychic against his Lucario. Take the left path and heal Lunala to full. Battle Hau, and use Shadow Ball on Raichu. Then switch to Primarina, use X-Speed, and use a Sparkling Aria each on Incineroar and Komala. Use Moonblast on his Leafeon if Primarina is still active. In any case, switch to Lunala, and use Moongeist Beam and then Psychic on his Leafeon. Get 3 Max Revives.

I have a level 50 Primarina, a level 40 Gumshoos, a level 40 Persian, a level 39 Toucannon, and a level 39 Fearow. This part should be straightforward, though the Hau battle might add a couple of wrinkles to the process. I will have an update on this either later tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Alright, so I start the eighth part, and finish it after running into quite a few setbacks. Below is how it went:

Part 2-8:

After getting a free heal and Max Revive from Lillie, I face Veteran Harry. I use an X-Sp. Atk and use a Sparkling Aria each against his Torkoal and Arcanine. I switch to Persian at the front, encounter and KO a Dugtrio and Boldore, dodge the backpacker, and have Toucannon learn Bullet Seed over Drill Peck. I then battle Ace Duo Kent & Aimee, where I have Primarina use a Sparkling Aria and Persion use Power Gem on their Ninetales. My Persian faints in the process of Primarina’s Sparkling Aria, and I bring in Toucannon. I attempt to have Primarina use Moonblast against their Ninetales, and Toucannon use Z-Rock Smash against their Sandslash. Neither attack connects, and both my Toucannon and Primarina go down to Ice Beam and Icicle Spear, respectively, I bring in Fearow and Gumshoos. I use Fearow’s turn to use a Revive on Primarina, and try to have Gumshoos use Crunch on Sandslash. My Fearow goes down to an Ice Beam, and Gumshoos’s Crunch does not connect. I have Gumshoos use an Energy Root on Primarina, while I have Primarina use Moonblast on Sandslash. I have Primarina use Psychic against their Ninetales, and Gumshoos use Crunch on their Ninetales. The Ninetales takes out my Gumshoos with an Ice beam before it is able to use its move, which puts me one on one on Ninetales. I have Primarina use Psychic on their Ninetales to finish the battle, which takes three tries to connect. I use a Repel and an Energy Root on Primarina and proceed up the mountain. I go get a Zygarde Cell, encounter and KO 2 Golbats, use another Repel, and get a much needed free heal. I encounter and KO a Boldore, Dugtrio, and Golbat, get the Full Restore after pushing the first boulder, and stay low while climbing the ladder. I fail to dodge the Scientist Ikaika, however, and use Fake Out and Z-Slash against his Muk, which manages to KO my Persian in the process. I switch to Gumshoos, and use Super Fang, Mud-Slap, and Take Down to finish off his Muk. I then use Crunch on his Magnezone before it gets KOd by an Electro Ball. I switch to Toucannon, and have it use Rock Smash before it also goes down. I switch to Primarina and use Sparkling Aria to finish off the Magnezone. I switch to Fearow on the front, and fail to dodge Punk Girl Anna. I switch to Primarina, and use Moonblast against her Meowth. I have Fearow learn Drill Peck over Aerial Ace in the process. I then use Moonblast against her Honckrow. Next, I talk to Captain Mina to get Fairium Z, and avoid the trainer on the bridge. I use a Lemonade on Primarina, go down the tree and go left, and fight Ace Trainer Hiroshi. I forget to switch back to Primarina at the front, and waste a turn doing so. I use an X-Sp. Atack and then a Moonblast against his Absol. Then I use Moonblast twice against his Lapras. Use an Energy Root if necessary, and face Veteran Heather. I use an X-Sp. Atk, but her Stoutland uses a Roar to force my Fearow in the open and break the battle plan. I use Drill Peck before her Stouland sends my Primarina back into the field. I decide to use Sparkling Aria on her Stoutland, which manages to KO it. Then I use three Moonblasts on her Tsareena and switch back to Fearow. I use an Energy Root on Primarina to recover, switch back to Primarina, and use Sparkling Aria twice on her Klefki. I use an Energy Root on Primarina and battle Veteran Eric. I use an X-Speed, but his Granbull’s Roar forces my Fearow to be switched in. I have Fearow use Drill Peck before his Granbull uses another Roar to bring my Primarina back in. I use Sparkling Aria, but Veteran Eric switches out his Granbull for Golem, which takes the Sparkling Aria and gets knocked out in the process. I use Psychic on his Gengar, and use another Sparkling Aria on his Granbull. Finally, I use Moonblast against his Cloyster, which takes two tries to connect due to his Cloyster’s Protect. I have Primarina forego learning Hydro Pump in the process. I get a free heal, face Jangmo-o, and use Psychic on it. Then I fight Hakamo-o and use Psychic on it. Then I face Totem Kommo-o, and use Moonblast on it, which fails due to Kommo-o’s Protect. I use Moonblast on Koomo-o again and use Moonblast on Hakamo-o. I get Dragonium-Z and a free heal, and head to Ultra Space.

I battle Lusamine, and use an X-Speed. I then use 2 X-Sp. Atks, and then use Sparkling Aria twice until it goes down. I then use Psychic on her Lilligant. I have Gumshoos forego learning Hyper Fang in the process. I use Sparkling Aria on her Bewear, and try to use a Moonblast on her Mismagius, but get outsped. Her Mismagius uses a Shadow Ball and KOs my Lusamine. I switch in Fearow and use a Revive and Energy Root on Primarina. I then proceed to use Drill Peck twice to take out our Mismagius. I have Fearow learn Drill Run over Mirror Move, and switch back to Primarina. I then use Moonblast three times against her Milotic to win the battle. I get a free heal and go to Mount Lanakila.

I catch Lunala with the Master Ball, move Lunala to the front of the party, and teach it Psychic over Night Daze. I find that it has 232 HP, 160 Attack, 139 Special Attack, 119 Defense, 126 Special Defense, and 122 Speed. I then battle Gladion. I use an X-Speed, 2 X-Sp. Atks, a Max Potion, an X-Sp. Atk, and then use Shadow Ball against his Golbat. I have Persian forego learning Nasty Plot in the process. I next use Psychic and Moongeist Beam against Silvally and Weaville respectively. Then I use Psychic against his Lucario. I get a Max Elixir, switch to Fear at the front, and use an Energy Root on Lunala. I encounter and KO a Sneasel, Absol, and Golbat. I switch to Lunala at the front and battle Hau, where I use Shadow Ball on Raichu. Then I switch to Primarina, use an X-Sp Atk, and use a Sparkling Aria each on Incineroar and Komala. I have Toucannon forego learning Feather Dance in the process. I try to Moonblast on his Leafeon, but his Leafeon KOs my Primarina using a Leaf Blade. I switch to Lunala, and use Moongeist Beam and then Psychic on his Leafeon. I get 3 Max Revives, and end the part with a sigh of relief.

Below is my plan to finish the ninth part and the game:

Part 9 Plan:

Mount Lanakila:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, and buy Revives and Full Restores. Head to the Elite 4, and battle Olivia. Use X-Sp. Atk. If Lunala was not Yawned, then use Psychic. If it was, then use 2 X-Sp. Atk and a Heal Powder, and then use Shadow Ball against her Relicanth. Use Moongeist Beam against her Lycanroc. If the additional 2 X-Sp. Atk was not used before this point, then use them now. Then use a Moongeist Beam each on her Carbink, Probopass, and Golem. Switch Primarina to the front, and battle Hala. Use an X-Sp. Atk. If his Hariyama uses a Fake Out, then use Encore and then use an X-Speed. In any case, use a Moonblast against his Hariyama. Then use a Psychic on his Crabominable. If an X-Speed was not used, use it at this point. Then use a Psychic, Sparkling Aria, and Moonblast against his Primeape, Bewear, and Poliwrath respectively. Heal Lunala and Primarina to full, and face Acerola. Use an X-Speed. Then use Encore and two X-Sp Atks if her Sableye used Fake Out. Otherwise, use a Full Restore and an X-Speed. Then use Sparkling Aria against her Sableye. Use Moonblast against her Dhelmise. If an X-Speed was not used, than use one at this point. Use a Moonblast each to deal with her Palossand and Froslass. Then use Sparkling Aria against her Drifblim. Heal Primarina to full, and fight Kahili. Use 2 X Speeds, and then use Moonblast against her Skarmory. Use an X-Sp Atk, and then use Sparkling Aria against her Skarmory. Use Moonblast and Sparkling Aria to deal with her Mandibuzz and Crobat respectively. Then use Moonblast and Sparkling Aria against her Toucannon and Oricorio respectively. Heal Primarina to full, and begin the Professor Kukui battle. Use Sparkling Aria against his Lycanroc, and use Moonblast on his Magnezone. Cure Paralysis if Magnezone used Thunder Wave. If his Magnezone used a Mirror Coat, use Encore and use 2 X-Sp. Atks and an X-Speed. Then use Sparkling Aria against his Magnezone. Otherwise, switch to Lunala and use an X-Sp. Def, an X-Defense, 2 X-Sp Atks, an X-Speed, and a Full Restore. Then use Shadow Ball against his Magnezone. Either have Lunala use Psychic or Primarina use Moonblast against his Decidueye. Then have Primarina use Moonblast or Lunala use Psychic twice against his Snorlax. Next have Primarina use Moonblast or Lunala use Psychic against his Braviary. Finally, either have Primarina use Moonblast or Lunala use Psychic against his Ninetales. Run from Tapu Koko, and watch the credits.

I have a level 57 Primarina, a level 56 Lunala, a level 47 Fearow, a level 45 Gumshoos, a level 45 Persian, and a level 44 Toucannon. I will have an report tonight.

EDIT:

Alright, so I start the ninth part, and Emmett finishes it and the game after quite a few bumps in the road.

Part 2-9:

I heal at the Pokémon Center, and buy 11 Revives and 11 Full Restores. I head to the Elite 4, and battle Olivia, where I use an X-Sp. Atk. My Lunala gets Yawned, so I use 2 X-Sp. Atk and a Heal Powder, and then use Shadow Ball against her Relicanth. I next use Psychic against her Lycanroc. Then I use a Moongeist Beam and then Shadow Ball twice on her Carbink. Next, I use a Moongeist Beam and Shadow ball on her Probopass, which manages to paralyze my Lunala. Finally, I use a Moongeist Beam on her Golem, which takes two tries to connect due to paralysis. I switch Primarina to the front, and battle Hala, where I use an X-Sp. Atk. His Hariyama did use a Fake Out, so I use Encore and then use an X-Speed. I next use a Moonblast against his Hariyama. Then I use a Psychic on his Crabominable. Finally, I use a Psychic, Sparkling Aria, and Moonblast against his Primeape, Bewear, and Poliwrath respectively. I have Gumshoos forego learning Yawn in the process. I heal Lunala and Primarina to full using 2 Max Potions and a Heal Powder, and face Acerola, where I use an X-Speed. Her Sableye did use Fake Out, so I use Encore and two X-Sp Atks, and use Sparkling Aria against her Sableye. I use a Moonblast each against her Dhelmise, Palossand, and Froslass. Then I use Sparkling Aria against her Drifblim. I have Primarina forego learning Misty Terrain in the process. I use a Max Potion on Primarina, and fight Kahili. I use 2 X Speeds, and then use Moonblast against her Skarmory. Her Skarmory gets in a critical hit from her two Steel Wings, so I use a Max Potion, while she switches to Crobat. I use Sparkling Aria twice to deal with her Crobat, and Moonblast three times to deal with her Mandibuzz. I then use Moonblast twice against her Toucannon and Sparkling Aria to deal with her Oricorio. Finally I use a Sparkling Aria to deal with her Skarmory. I have Persian forego learning Assurance in the process. I use a Max Potion on Primarina and use a Max Ether on Primarina’s Moonblast, and begin the Professor Kukui battle. I use Sparkling Aria against his Lycanroc, and use Moonblast on his Magnezone. My Primarina faints due his Magnezone using a Thunderbolt, so I switch to Lunala and use an X-Sp. Def, an X-Defense, 2 X-Sp Atks, an X-Speed, and a Full Restore. Then I use Shadow Ball against his Magnezone. I then use Psychic twice against his Snorlax and Psychic against his Decidueye. Next I use a Psychic each against his Braviary and Ninetales. I have Lunala forego learning Dream Eater in the process. I run from Tapu Koko, which takes three tries to achieve, get a Tapunium Z and Poke Doll, and watch the credits.

This time, there is a clear screen to take a picture with as there was in Sapphire and Diamond, which I have provided at the end of this post. It took a grand total of 17 hours and 10 minutes for the Lithium Rogue challenge to be completed in Generation VII, which was longer than the clear times for Generations III, IV, V, and VI. It took two attempts for me to clear the challenge in this generation, which is more than Generations IV and VI, which only took one try to succeed for these two generations. Generation V took 3 tries to get a successful run going, while generation III took 6 tries. This will be the last generation that I do the Lithium Rogue challenge, as I would honestly like to do a Nuzlocke challenge for Generation VIII if I ever choose to play it. Thank you very much for following the account of a player taking on a unique challenge for playing 5 generations of Pokémon for the first time.

The below link shows the said picture mentioned in the above paragraph:

Last edited:

Alexander Dusk Lycanroc

Trainer determined to protect friends
can I ask why your character literally YEETS pikachu when using Pikachu's signature Z-move, Catostropika?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I've played all of the main games but man never expected Ultra Sun to be so tough. I'm not joking, i've never seen anything this hard in a pokemon game. It's no wonder they made things easier with Let's Go and Sword & Shield

All the fights leading up to Lusamine inside Aether Paradise and not having enough max revives and max potions before this and PP Restores or Elixirs. Got so exhausted. I lost a few times but my worst loss was against Totem Kommo-O. It always outspeeds my Primarina with Poison Jab making sure that Noivern's Sonicboom took me out before i could use Moonblast.

On my 2nd try i brought Mimikyu with a newly taught Toxic as a lead. Then focused on Noivern first with Primarina's Moonblast (Instead of on Kommo-O, Afterwards Incineroar killed Scizor and then it turned into Drain Punch vs Max Potions stand-off until Toxic became so severe that Kommo-O died from it.

Last edited: