• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun Moon - Rotom Pokedex

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssquaderi

What does the latest SunMoon news have to do with the anime, you ask?

Well, the anime follows the game and vice versa, Ash (or whoever the protagonist is) will be having a Rotom Pokedex, so, that's why Prof Oak wanted to research Rotom, guess he found out he could do this with it. Does this mean, Ash's first Pokemon will be Rotom next season? Can he use it in battle? Can you now carry 7 Pokemon?

JD

I think Lillia might travel with Ash in Alola, she's the professor assisstant so I think it would make sense for Rotom to be her signature Pokemon.

These are all good questions. Unless we can use 7 seven Pokemon this gen, then I guess he'll just function as a Pokedex and nothing more, because if you boxed Rotom wouldn't you lose your Pokedex too? Which may mean that Rotom couldn't be boxed. I guess there could be way around that but still.

Right I'm calling it now. Professor Oak's Rotom is going with Ash to Alola and will reside in his PokeDex.

Good call.

Dinosaur9797

What about the whole Alola?
Is that means a tons of rotoms needed just to supply pokedexes to every new trainer?==
Or in other words, rotom has become a tool as for that particular region?==
I wonder.

diakyu

Rotom confirmed for Ash's first capture lol?
This would be amazing imo. Love Rotom. Probably be put with a companion though instead.

cmarston1

Animation Enthusiast
I guess Professor Oak catching Rotom wasn't completely useless after all.
I can totally see it pulling an Aipom and fallowing Ash to Alola.
Or it could be a completely different Rotom in Ash's pokedex that could replace the male companion which I would be perfectly fine with to be honest.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I kind of don't see them just giving Ash Rotom because of this. I like Rotom, but they might do something different for the anime instead of just letting Ash have an "obligatory" Rotom.

dman_dustin

These are all good questions. Unless we can use 7 seven Pokemon this gen

Maybe there's a special Rotom spot, it's on your party but can't join your battle party unless you have 5 Pokemon. If you have 6 Pokemon, Rotom stays in its specialized Rotom slot that's locked out during battles, but can still be used.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Right I'm calling it now. Professor Oak's Rotom is going with Ash to Alola and will reside in his PokeDex.
That was the first thing I thought when I saw that reveal.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Get the feeling that,
- either the new Girl would have a Rotom, or else
- if its Prof. Oak's Rotom, then it would be addition like how Meowth is in TR, i.e., an independent entity in the group (but in this case would be owned by Oak, rather than a wild like Meowth).

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I dont see Rotom as Ash's pokemon because Ash already has Pikachu and he doesnt need another electric type pokemon even though Rotom has two types, but since Ash never bothered to catch another electric type pokemon i dont think he will catch/have another one.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
With that Rotom dex, maybe we can get that snarky pokedex as a call back to the OS.

This is pretty much my sentiment on the Rotom Dex.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
While I like the idea of Ash catching a Rotom (so that he will have another Electric-type) or borrowing it from Prof. Oak, I think that it's most likely that the female character will have a Pokedex Rotom. It will surely going to be a fun addiction for the Sun/Moon anime, that's for sure.

dman_dustin

I dont see Rotom as Ash's pokemon because Ash already has Pikachu and he doesnt need another electric type pokemon even though Rotom has two types, but since Ash never bothered to catch another electric type pokemon i dont think he will catch/have another one.

Ash needs another electric type so we can have different strategies or tactics. I'm not talking about a completely BRAND new electric type, but at least a dual type with at least ONE new electric type move. And besides hopefully this could bring a new dynamic between Pikachu and its traveling companion.

An Electric/Dragon or Dragon/Electric would be interesting for Ash to have.

As it relates to Rotom, I don't think Pikachu would prevent Ash from getting Rotom especially Pokedex Rotom, is what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I agree with Cressilia in that Rotom will likely belong to either the female or male companion. Seems strange after all these years that Ash would get a second electric type

dman_dustin

I agree with Cressilia in that Rotom will likely belong to either the female or male companion.
IF Pokedex Rotom takes a spot IN the party, then I would agree Rotom can belong to someone else. OTHERWISE, I feel like a dyanmic is going to be wasted with Ash not having a Pokedex Rotom to argue and bicker with.

I don't care about some random character being laughed at, if there has to be that kind of comedy I'd prefer Ash because it would be more hilarious than some random new character with a Pokedex Rotom gag. Besides I'd like to see Pikachu laughing at Ash every once in awhile.

Seems strange after all these years that Ash would get a second electric type
And that same logic would easily apply to ghost and psychic type Pokemon, except he never had one, and no, I'm not counting Haunter as one of Ash's, it can be regarded as unofficial, but not official (aka Poke ball).

Status
Not open for further replies.