• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Upcoming Episodes Preview: Ula'ula Island Arc

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero

POKEMON FAN:

https://i.imgur.com/kBT6l4V.jpg

The roughest spot on the Island Pilgrimage?!
Welcome to...
ULA'ULA ISLAND

What begins in this new setting, Ula'ula Island, is not an adventure, but a test of courage?! Will Pokémon and Trainers be able to safely return from this super dodgy island?!

Blurbs:
*A Mimikkyu that floats in the sky?!
*Ominous-looking Trainers
*A gigantic Gangar! Surely this cant be a Pokémon ghost?!

The Ula'ula Island story begins in the episode airing May 3rd, "The Rocket Gang's Island Pilgrimage! Get a Z-Ring!!"

https://i.imgur.com/llRyS7Q.jpg

AN ADVANCE GUIDE TO ULA'ULA ISLAND!

The truth is, Ula'ula island isn't AS scary as we made it seem. The ghosts, however... seem to actually be real?!

These are the encounters Satoshi has on Ula'ula Island!
Let us reintroduce the Pokémon and Trainers that live on Ula'ula Island! They're not scary, but they're all very distinct!

The Super Prankster: GANGAR
It runs around taking things from people and scaring them, generally doing as it pleases!

This man is actually the Island King: KUCHINASHI
A policeman that upholds safety on the island. However, since he hates nuisances, he's a pretty fickle guy. But how good an Island King is he...?
He knows the Rocket Gang's boss, Sakaki.

This girl's partner is a ghost: ACEROLA
A kind girl that lives in the island's library. Incredibly, her partner Mimi-tan is the ghost of a Mimikkyu, and as such is transparent!
It appears Kuchinashi and Acerola are on good terms.
Since Mimi-tan is a ghost, it can even float in the air!

The first to arrive on the island are, incredibly enough...!!
The Rocket Gang lands on the island before Satoshi! They came there after being told by Sakaki that Kuchinashi has a Z-Ring!

The Rocket Gang progress through Ula'ula Island, even as they get scared by Gangar!

The Rocket Gang finally gets a Z-Ring?!
They already have a Dark-Z, so if they get a Z-Ring as well, they can use the Z-Moves they've been dreaming of for so long! Will the Rocket Gang's aspirations be realized?

Will the Rocket Gang become able to use Z-Moves?! On the next few pages we have a massive presentation of Satoshi and his friends' Z-Moves!

Last edited by a moderator:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
The biggest surprise seems to be Jessie and Mimikyu seemingly using Let's Snuggle Forever. Where did she get the Z Crystal from?

And looks like SM074 is indeed Ash vs Nanu, and he's using Krookodile, a Pokémon I love. I wonder if it's an informal battle, or an official grand trial. The preview was very Ash and Team Rocket focused, without even showing the classmates at all. I guess since they got their episodes, it's going to be all Ash for the next few episodes.

Rohanator

Surely NyaHEAT VS Alolan Persian has to happen as well? Lycanroc VS Krookodile looks cool but would be a weird main matchup. My biggest wish for this battle is to see Poipole participate though, it doesn't truly count as an Ash team member for me unless it actually does something for the team.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
There is a disturbing lack of classmates.

Acerola looks like a fun addition.

Of course Jessie has the Z-move, James is literally the best character and gets nothing.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Yeah.. jessie has the Z- ring! Seems logical. No team change spoiler for ash yet!

DatsRight

There is a disturbing lack of classmates.

Acerola looks like a fun addition.

Of course Jessie has the Z-move, James is literally the best character and gets nothing.

So long as they get back Darkium Z from Gengar, James gets to use that for Mareanie.

So hoping this isn't a hype bait and TR actually successfully pull it off.

More Alolan Meowths. Super affectionate Alolan Meowths. Looks like the one TR encountered might have been a black sheep. XD

Oh and Tapu Bulu is making it's appearance this time. Things seem to be following regiment with Akala.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Also, is it just me, or does Nanu seem to be different from his game counterpart? He seems more determined and I dunno, happier I guess, compared to his extremely aloof and disinterested game self.

I still don't get how Jessie got a Mimikium Z, unless she stole it from Acerola or something.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Jessie's not keeping it, otherwise they wouldn't have mentioned how James's Mareanie learned a Dark type move. They're probably sharing it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Looking forward to seeing Nanu and his Krookodile and at least we now know that Jessie gets to use the Z-Power Ring at least. It also seems she owns a Mimikium Z because Mimikyu used Let's Snuggle Forever. It will be kinda hilarious to see her do the Fairy pose though.

Red and Blue

I sure hope Krokodile isn't his ace. We need to see Torracat take on A. Persian again.

That said I'm also really hoping Ash loses here

Last edited:

DatsRight

The place Jessie poses looks like a storage area, I'm wondering if Ash caught her stealing Mimikium Z.

Curious no appearances by the other students, hopefully they'll get some development too (Sophocles is surely heading to the observatory).

nickdt

I sure hope Krokodile isn't his ace. We need to see Torracat take on A. Persian again.

That said I'm also really hoping Ash poses here.

Nah, don't think it is. For all we know its the first or Second match-up (I expect a 3v3 here). I think Ash does the Ghost Trial first, then battles Nanu because he has won a trial, loses and Nanu says he isn't ready for a rematch until he has done the Mount Hokulani trial.

I can see those match-ups in the first battle

Lycanroc - Krookodile
Poipole - Sableye
Torracat - A.Persian

Rematch
Rowlet - Honchkrow
Lycanroc - Krookodile
Incineroar - A.Persian

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

The place Jessie poses looks like a storage area, I'm wondering if Ash caught her stealing Mimikium Z.

Curious no appearances by the other students, hopefully they'll get some development too (Sophocles is surely heading to the observatory).

Actually if you look closer at the area you can pretty much clearly tell that they are in the abandon Thrifty Megamart on Ula Ula Island which interestingly enough is where not only do you fight Totem Mimikyu but you also get the Mimikium-Z, also it's entirely possible that she didn't steal it as keep in mind with Ash coming across her here a battle was most likely going to break out regardless of the circumstances, so while Ash might think that she stole it, it's possible that she didn't actually steal as keep in mind that when he see that she has a Z-Power ring he will most likely accuse her of stealing the Z-ring which we know she didn't steal the Z-Power ring as Nanu gave it to James who would most likely share it with Jessie.

From the way things are getting set up it seems like Jessie will use the Mimikium-Z while James will probably use the Darkium-Z with Mareanie.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
What trial to you think Ash is taking on, the Hokulani Observatory Trial? Or the Abandoned Thrifty Megamart trial?

DatsRight

Actually if you look closer at the area you can pretty much clearly tell that they are in the abandon Thrifty Megamart on Ula Ula Island which interestingly enough is where not only do you fight Totem Mimikyu but you also get the Mimikium-Z, also it's entirely possible that she didn't steal it as keep in mind with Ash coming across her here a battle was most likely going to break out regardless of the circumstances, so while Ash might think that she stole it, it's possible that she didn't actually steal as keep in mind that when he see that she has a Z-Power ring he will most likely accuse her of stealing the Z-ring which we know she didn't steal the Z-Power ring as Nanu gave it to James who would most likely share it with Jessie.

From the way things are getting set up it seems like Jessie will use the Mimikium-Z while James will probably use the Darkium-Z with Mareanie.

Hey that's a pretty clever nod if so. Sort of like Kiawe catching Marowak in the Firium Z location.

Really REALLY hope we get a proper Pikachu vs (Jessie's) Mimikyu battle out of this, though I can see it ending up a warm up to the Ghostium Z trial (though why would Ash go to that one besides completion purposes?).

What trial to you think Ash is taking on, the Hokulani Observatory Trial? Or the Abandoned Thrifty Megamart trial?

I think the Observatory one might end up the locale for Sophocles' development, similar to Kiawe's episode at Wela Volcano. He might not get a Z Ring but something big might similarly come from it as a nod to the games.

Actually I'm wondering what trial Ash can do besides the Darkium Z Grand Trial. He has Electrium Z already and he doesn't really have any use for Ghostium Z right now. The only other characters that can make some use out of those are Sophocles, Jessie and Kiawe.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The preview looks really exciting! Seems like Dusk Lycanroc will finally get to be in some battling action after taking the backseat for such a long time. A Krookodile as Nanu's ace? That's a really cool choice by the writers. Don't expect Ash to remember his Krookodile by seeing Nanu's since he didn't remember his Charizard and Sceptile seeing Alain's and Sawyer's. :p

Anyway, what the heck in Jessie doing with the Z-ring when Mareanie is the one who knows a Dark type move???