• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SuN & Moon Upcoming Preview: Rowlet using Z-Move, Grand Trial Battle, etc

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'm presuming you haven't seen the VA list yet. The VA list confirms that Kukui is in the episode, but none of Ash's classmates( Lillie, Lana, Kiawe, Sophocles, and Mallow) are listed so it's unlikely that they would be in the episode.

And Prof Kukui is a bystander. Keyword is "or". And I was half joking since I knew she nor any background people would be watching the battle.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
And Prof Kukui is a bystander. Keyword is "or". And I was half joking since I knew she nor any background people would be watching the battle.

I'm curious who shows Ash the dance for breakneck blitz.... think it'll be Kukui who knows all the dances or maybe that's where Kiawe comes in?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'm curious who shows Ash the dance for breakneck blitz.... think it'll be Kukui who knows all the dances or maybe that's where Kiawe comes in?

I imagine Professor Kukui will be the one to show Ash the dance for Breakneck Blitz. Pokémon moves are the focus of his research, after all (at least, in the games; I don't think the anime has ever mentioned what Professor Kukui's focus of research is). Also, SM09 pretty much implied that Kukui underwent the Island Challenge himself, so he would probably know quite a few Z-move dances. However, it would actually be kind of nice if Kiawe is the one who shows Ash the Breakneck Blitz dance; it would be a nice throwback to his love and study of traditional dances in the games.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I imagine Professor Kukui will be the one to show Ash the dance for Breakneck Blitz. Pokémon moves are the focus of his research, after all (at least, in the games; I don't think the anime has ever mentioned what Professor Kukui's focus of research is). Also, SM09 pretty much implied that Kukui underwent the Island Challenge himself, so he would probably know quite a few Z-move dances. However, it would actually be kind of nice if Kiawe is the one who shows Ash the Breakneck Blitz dance; it would be a nice throwback to his love and study of traditional dances in the games.

If I remember correctly, Ash also did the dance for Gigavolt Havoc. Who taught Ash that dance?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

hmm so both are quite believable! Since I was reminded that Tapu Koko showed Ash the first dance, I almost want him to go back to the totem Gumshoos for it to teach him the dance! Or he runs into office jenny and her new partner who probably would also know if the totem gumshoos knows!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
If you paid attention to the episode you would know it was Tapu Koko that taught Ash the dance for Gigavolt Havoc.

I didn't know Tapu Koko could dance. Anyway, I still haven't seen the full episode in the dub and so I wasn't aware of it. I have only seen the full episode in Japanese so I didn't know.

ShadowForce720

I didn't know Tapu Koko could dance. Anyway, I still haven't seen the full episode in the dub and so I wasn't aware of it. I have only seen the full episode in Japanese so I didn't know.

Even if you didn't see all of episode 2 in dub, if you watched the whole thing in sub then you should know it was Tapu Koko because if you look at the scene where Ash is performing the dance to use the Z-move you will see part where it shows Tapu Koko doing the dance as well highlight the fact that Ash is copying what Tapu Koko was doing and that's how Tapu Koko was able to teach it to Ash.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

It doesn't matter in which language you watch the episode, as there isn't any dialogue indicating that's what Tapu Koko is doing. Watch that battle again closely, and you will see that Tapu Koko is performing the Gigavolt Havoc dance and Ash and Pikachu are following along.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Even if you didn't see all of episode 2 in dub, if you watched the whole thing in sub then you should know it was Tapu Koko because if you look at the scene where Ash is performing the dance to use the Z-move you will see part where it shows Tapu Koko doing the dance as well highlight the fact that Ash is copying what Tapu Koko was doing and that's how Tapu Koko was able to teach it to Ash.

It doesn't matter in which language you watch the episode, as there isn't any dialogue indicating that's what Tapu Koko is doing. Watch that battle again closely, and you will see that Tapu Koko is performing the Gigavolt Havoc dance and Ash and Pikachu are following along.

I see. So someone has to teach Ash the Breakneck Blitz dance. Either Kukui or Hala I guess.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
hmm so both are quite believable! Since I was reminded that Tapu Koko showed Ash the first dance, I almost want him to go back to the totem Gumshoos for it to teach him the dance! Or he runs into office jenny and her new partner who probably would also know if the totem gumshoos knows!

I just remembered Gumshoos is listed in the cast of the next episode, so it's actually possible that the Totem Gumshoos teaches Ash (and Pikachu and Rowlet) the Breakneck Blitz dance. Being a Normal-type Pokémon, it would make sense that it knows the dance, and I can see Tapu Koko telling it to teach Ash the dance (since it's implied Tapu Koko is the one who told Totem Gumshoos to reward Ash with the Normalium-Z upon passing its trial).

ShadowForce720

I just remembered Gumshoos is listed in the cast of the next episode, so it's actually possible that the Totem Gumshoos teaches Ash (and Pikachu and Rowlet) the Breakneck Blitz dance. Being a Normal-type Pokémon, it would make sense that it knows the dance, and I can see Tapu Koko telling it to teach Ash the dance (since it's implied Tapu Koko is the one who told Totem Gumshoos to reward Ash with the Normalium-Z upon passing its trial).

Well keep in mind while the totem Gumshoos may appear that it is also possible that the Gumshoos the VA list is referring to is the same Gumshoos that Officer Jenny asked to joined her team and help her since we did see her talk to it at the end of episode 9 in the poke problem segment at the end of the episode.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well keep in mind while the totem Gumshoos may appear that it is also possible that the Gumshoos the VA list is referring to is the same Gumshoos that Officer Jenny asked to joined her team and help her since we did see her talk to it at the end of episode 9 in the poke problem segment at the end of the episode.

thatd be really cute imo if that Gumshoos was reoccuring. I felt like that was a memorable moment at the end when she asked it to be partners :D

Mr. Guy

Banned
There's also a Gumshoos riding with Jenny in her truck in the intro.

So yes, that Gumshoos will be a recurring character.