• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SuN & Moon Upcoming Preview: Rowlet using Z-Move, Grand Trial Battle, etc

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero

Janovy

Banned
So Ash gets Normalium-Z AND Grassium-Z potentially early next year? Sweet!!!

ALSO, HALA HAS A HARIYAMA! This is an upgrade from his game team.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Looked like Volt Tackle, Catastropika all but confirmed.

Also Bloom Doom and Breakthrough Blitz.

Damn, the hype is real.

J D Sheppard

So ash vs hala. Wonder if ash will win.

Or if Hala will be treated as e4 level and Ash just has to prove himself against him

Am I the only one here who is most interested in seeing that bit where Kiawe asks Ash to help him deliver letters? There is so much potential for a bro moment there!

Also I'm waiting for the day that Kiawe gets to battle again so I can see him do his Z-move as it is epic AF

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Multiple Z-moves for Ash and his Pokemon! Well this was something I never expected!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
And everyone said Ash was going to be reset, smh :(

Kiawe moment could be interesting. I'd like a Kiawe focus episode. Maybe we can get more insight into the Z-move customs through him.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Kiawe moment could be interesting. I'd like a Kiawe focus episode. Maybe we can get more insight into the Z-move customs through him.

Just because he's showing more personality unlike his XYZ self.

Anyways looks interesting. I can't wait to see the island challenges and looks like Litten will appear again.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

It's too early to say that. We will have to see if he can defeat Hala on the first attempt or not. Nevertheless, it's nice to see that his Pokemon are getting multiple Z-moves.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
They call it Halayama. Heh.

No?

I'll see myself out...

But seriously, I'm down to see Ash vs Hala, seemingly so soon as well. Some promising stuff in this preview.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
It's too early to say that. We will have to see if he can defeat Hala on the first attempt or not. Nevertheless, it's nice to see that his Pokemon are getting multiple Z-moves.

Hala defeating Ash isn't improbable. Hala is the strongest trainer on Melemele after all. Just because Ash gets 8 badges and gets top 16 at least in six regions, doesn't entitle him to blitzing his way through trials.

Seeing Ash get multiple Z-moves was a surprise...although considering how the PC in the games learns all of them, I think he'll use them maybe once or twice before settling on a favourite.

I sort of like that Ash using Z-moves is the main focus, rather than an ace Pokemon (early to tell for sure, but I'm enjoying this direction at least).

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hala defeating Ash isn't improbable. Hala is the strongest trainer on Melemele after all. Just because Ash gets 8 badges and gets top 16 at least in six regions, doesn't entitle him to blitzing his way through trials.

Seeing Ash get multiple Z-moves was a surprise...although considering how the PC in the games learns all of them, I think he'll use them maybe once or twice before settling on a favourite.

I sort of like that Ash using Z-moves is the main focus, rather than an ace Pokemon (early to tell for sure, but I'm enjoying this direction at least).

Yes, but Pikachu is getting two Z-moves, one Electric type and another Normal type, or am I wrong?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That last scene attack with Pikachu was most likely Breakthrough Blitz, if i have to say.

Could have been. It looked like electricity was surrounding him to me though. Granted the dust clouds were similar to Blitz.
Please relearn Volt Tackle Pikachu

Yes, but Pikachu is getting two Z-moves, one Electric type and another Normal type, or am I wrong?

No-one knows yet. I don't think he'll get the Electric Z-move again for a while though.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Could have been. It looked like electricity was surrounding him to me though. Granted the dust clouds were similar to Blitz.
Please relearn Volt Tackle Pikachu

No-one knows yet. I don't think he'll get the Electric Z-move again for a while though.

I'm rooting for Pikachu to get two Z-moves. Pikachu at its best!

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Does Ash using multiple types of Z-Move's mean that he may end up getting all 18 types of basic type Z-Crystals during his stay in Alola? Also what about the unique Z-Moves?

If yes, then Ash has to manage atleast a team of 6 Pokemons in Alola, and on average each of them should have 3 moves of different typing's.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Does Ash using multiple types of Z-Move's mean that he may end up getting all 18 types of basic type Z-Crystals during his stay in Alola? Also what about the unique Z-Moves?

If yes, then Ash has to manage atleast a team of 6 Pokemons in Alola, and on average each of them should have 3 moves each of different typing's.

Easily doable. Pikachu already has three types, Rowlet has too and if it evolves, Spirit Shackle can make the third type (and learn Brave Bird as well).

I'm somewhat hoping Jessie's Mimikyu learns a Z-move. Never-Ending Nightmare, just to keep it on par against Pikachu (also development for TR).

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Easily doable. Pikachu already has three types, Rowlet has too and if it evolves, Spirit Shackle can make the third type (and learn Brave Bird as well).

I'm somewhat hoping Jessie's Mimikyu learns a Z-move. Never-Ending Nightmare, just to keep it on par against Pikachu (also development for TR).

One thing I'm now getting is that Ash is probably going to catch a short team here. He is remaining confined to only Rowlet and Pikachu for quite some time- looks like he isn't catching Litten anytime soon. But if Pikachu and Rowlet are equipped with badass Z-moves like that, it's not a problem at all!

DS0308

<--- Actually me

I actually really want to see Pikachu use Corkscrew Crash now, that could look hilarious.

(Please tell me I got the name right I really cbf checking right now lol)