• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & moon website updates with new character profiles/Aether arc info

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
There's also that new promo video, I guess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kZVE-aCZEI
Alola! I'm Satoshi! The other day, I picked up a mysterious Pokémon. I named it Starcloud and decided to take care of it, but this little one is just like an infant! It constantly switches between laughing or crying, always causing a scene! Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon airs every Thursday at 6:55pm! Look forward to it!

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
There's also that new promo video, I guess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kZVE-aCZEI
Ash, what are you doing to that poor nebula? Lillie, I think you need to take over the caretaker role pronto, because Ash despite having cared for baby Pokémon before does not seem to know what he is doing. Your eardrums are at stake here!

On another note, I'm really curious about that scene of Gladion and Type: Null. It looks like Type: Null is having a fit of sorts, and Gladion is trying to calm it down (or hold it back). (I do have to wonder why Umbreon and Lycanroc are just standing there, rather than assisting their Trainer, though.)

Nafsika

Oh I'm super excited about all this!!! Please writers don't take Nebby from Ash!!! They look so awesome together!!!!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash named it? Hope this is a sign he truly gets to be the caretaker and not Lillie. This Lillie ain't anything like the Lillie I love.

Spyro39

Whoa, Ash what are you even doing to this poor thing?

The same thing Ash did with Victini in both versions of M14. Shaking it around because he got so excited of seeing a Pokemon he never saw before.

And that loud screeching Nebby makes. It's reminiscent of Noibat using Supersonic when crying.

Nafsika

Why should he???? If I were in his place probably I would have reacted with the same way!!! Look after babies is really difficult job!!! He will be fine!!!

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yeah caring for babies are hard stuff. Whenever I hold a baby, I always get scolded that I'm holding it the wrong way. Babies cry and you basically have to guess why it's crying and it never fully stops. It's funny on how I saw the promo video before the actual preview lol. It's cute that Ash named Nebby. He could have Lillie take care of it like how he was going to take care of Shiron before she evolved. Ash has so many to look after, Kukui's house isn't Prof Oak's ranch!! Besides, Lillie has a nursery and she can collect data and study Nebby.

J. D. Guy

Nice cast update. It's interesting that all the important figures of the Aether Foundation have been added.

I am, however, saddened by the lack of Hau. :( I really do hope he hasn't been adapted out completely in this saga. I know Ash takes the place of the player characters, but I hope he hasn't also done so for Hau, too.

Similarly, I am a bit concerned about the lack of Team Skull, particularly about the lack of Plumeria and especially Guzma. Still, I have more confidence in their appearance being eminent as compared to poor Hau, though since this is around the time both come into the forefront, I surprised they aren't part of the update.

I'm interested in the line that Burnet is a close friend of Lusamine. Either they're both evil, or the evil team and villain is someone totally different from Lusamine.

I suspect it simply means they are friends of old and that Lusamine allows Burnet to carry out her other-dimensional research using Aether's resources. More than likely, when Lusamine's treacherous side comes to light, it will be as much a surprise to good old friend Burnet as it will be to the other cast who aren't privy to Lusamine's dark side (depending on which ways the Anime writers will choose to adapt Lusamine, of course).

(I do have to wonder why Umbreon and Lycanroc are just standing there, rather than assisting their Trainer, though.)

There's likely not much Umbreon and Lycanroc can do. Alternatively/in addition, Gladion potentially ordered them to stand down.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
From TV-kun:

https://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1376851.png

new developments for the Anime TV series!
Satoshi tries getting a legendary Pokémon?!
Believe it or not, a legendary Pokémon appears right before Satoshi's eyes! Will he get it?!

Satoshi ends up meeting legendary Pokémon?!
Satoshi sees the legendary Pokémon every Pokémon Trainer dreams of first hand!!

Blurb: Solgaleo and Lunala showed up together!!

The legendary Pokémon Solgaleo:
Its body radiates light. It has been known as "The Messenger of the Sun" since ancient times.

Time for an adventure: A new Pokémon appears!!
Satoshi discovers a new Pokémon! He named it "Starcloud"!

Blurb: It's an unknown Pokémon nobody even knows the name of!

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Yeah, this just makes it even more likely that Ash will indeed be the main person to look after Cosmog. And really interesting that they only mention Solgaleo as the Legendary, but nothing about Lunala. I wonder how they'll add in Lunala later on, unless they plan on snubbing majority of Lunala for Solgaleo (won't be the first time, like how Reshiram got a whole arc while Zekrom only appeared as a brief shadow).

Vipsoccermaster

Yeah, Ash will simply look after Cosmog. Befriend it too, like past legendaries. Not catch it. Feels odd to leave out Lunala. But it'll still appear in some form sooner or later. Writers want to debut at least one new Pokémon throughout the saga for that generation.

Spyro39

First they leave out Lunala in the new poster, now they put more emphasis on Solgaleo on the new summaries. So far, it seems like they want to focus more on Solgaleo for this whole series.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
From TV-kun:

Believe it or not, a legendary Pokémon appears right before Satoshi's eyes! Will he get it?!

Its body radiates light. It has been known as "The Messenger of the Sun" since ancient times.

Yep, Ash is totes getting a Solgaleo, definitely gonna be his first legend :p.

CabochonJaw

It's looking better, but I'm not fully convinced that Ash will get Cosmog. Lillie is still out there, lurking, waiting to fearlessly snatch Cosmog away.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
From TV-kun:

As Akkipeddi said, this just makes it seem even more likely that Ash is going to be the primary caretaker of Cosmog. I still don't think he will actually catch it, the way one normally catches a Pokémon, but he will probably bond with it the most. And all this focus on Solgaleo makes me think this Cosmog is going to end up evolving into Solgaleo. I hope that doesn't mean Lunala is completely shafted; I hope the writers find some other way to include it in the main anime (as opposed to relegating it to a movie appearance). But then, this wouldn't be the first time one box legendary got favored at the expense of the other.

(By the way, Dephender, that link doesn't work for me, for some reason. I get a 404 error page.)