• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & moon website updates with new character profiles/Aether arc info

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Well Pokefan has leaked as expected with all the details, though I'm still surprised we don't have titles for episode 45 and 46.

Anyway, I think the Dusk Lycanroc mention could be a hint to look out for its new Z Move. Right now, I still don't think it's confirmed to be the ace.

I believe this too. I guess Ash might somehow get Lycanrocium-Z sometime later in the series plus Dusk Lycanroc is a new thing that it's available in USUM so they are promoting it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I feel like it could be hinting that Lycanroc could be involved in the story of USUM somehow this time around.

That's more of an indication that it'll be the ace. It will become a very important Pokemon in that case.

Marketing or not, the special mention of Dusk Lycanroc and the mention of the special powers of it has to mean something. Nah, it will get more special attention for sure and thus, will most probably become the ace.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That's more of an indication that it'll be the ace. It will become a very important Pokemon in that ace.

Marketing or not, the special mention of Dusk Lycanroc and the mention of the special powers of it has to mean something. Nah, it will get more special attention for sure and thus, will most probably become the ace.

I mean it's possible but I don't really see why this is so important to you, I mean it's Ash's first evolved pokemon, obviously it's gonna play a bigger role battling wise until the others catch up.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Nebby only eats konpeito? Seriously? (And why am I not surprised Sophocles has some with him? :rolleyes: )

The fact that Ash's dream takes place at the Altar of the Sunne, and no mention is made of the Altar of the Moone, has me thinking this Cosmog will evolve into Solgaleo, and has me a little worried Lunala might get shafted. Serously, writers, why does one box legendary always get shafted in favor of the other? Why can't you include both of them?

Nah, it clearly says pay special attention, plus mentions it has special powers(indicating towards the green flash of light).

And I don't think it's too early either. With the Aether plot already beginning, I do think it SM will be over sometime by the next year.

I guess I should remove the word 'potential' from my signature. :p
IMO, it's more likely this mention of special powers is related to Lycanroc's signature Z-Move, and doesn't have to do with whether or not Lycanroc will be Ash's Alola ace. Of course the writers are going to show off Dusk Lycanroc and its signature Z-Move; that's part of marketing for USUM.

Just because the Aether plot is starting now doesn't mean SM will be end sometime next year. The writers could drag out the Aether arc and intersperse it among the other arcs going on (e.g., Ash's Island Challenge). After all, the Aether arc is spread out throughout the story in the games; there's no reason the same can't happen in the anime.

Red and Blue

If Litten wasn't going to be the ace why bother giving it a tragic backstory? Might as well as been caught in episode 7.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
If Litten wasn't going to be the ace why bother giving it a tragic backstory? Might as well as been caught in episode 7.

It could end up becoming like Tepig did. Tepig also had the while tragic backstory, but only evolved until Pignite, and it's position of being the ace was usurped by Krookodile.

Everything12

Because they wanted to create a deep story that teaches kids about death and entertains people, does there have to be any reason other than that?

dman_dustin

So Pokemon Fan was boring this time, I mean yeah sure they focused on Cosmog, which is great and all, but they didn't bother to reveal any more titles.

Honestly Sun and Moon promotion has been awful, and I specifically mean information, all Pokemon fan really did was sort of over-analyze the contents of what could be seen as a single episode that some of the questions anyone has, will be answered in future episodes, such as the role of "Cosmog" surely that will be asked or hinted at in sun and moon episode 44, but won't likely be answered for awhile (as in it evolves into either Solgaleo/Lunala)

But all of this at the cost of revealing more titles for October? I highly doubt the following episodes will ONLY be about Cosmog, though I'm sure it will be in those episodes.

It's like they don't want us to know, I mean its like they're trying to intentionally hide information from the viewers. Look I don't care if Dartrix or rather (Fukuthrow? Wait really that's Japanese name....LMAO) is in the title and implies that Ash's Rowlet evolves, I think as for viewers (and I specifically mean the Japanese people) they have the right to know, and Pokemon has never had consistent information release, I want to know why they seem to not care about Sun and Moon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Twilight Lycanroc (I'm settling for that name because of how confusing it is in dub form while we don't have a Dawn Lycanroc) may be the ace until they reveal whatever special Z-move thingy they decide to give to the 3 starters.

Plus, Ash's T!Lycanroc lacks his signature Z-Move. Will it show it eventually or will it remain in the shadows?

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm actually shocked Lycanroc hasn't gotten either Counter or Accelrock yet... but the fact it needs Stone Edge to use it's signature Z-Move makes this all the more complicated

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
So Pokemon Fan was boring this time, I mean yeah sure they focused on Cosmog, which is great and all, but they didn't bother to reveal any more titles.

Honestly Sun and Moon promotion has been awful, and I specifically mean information, all Pokemon fan really did was sort of over-analyze the contents of what could be seen as a single episode that some of the questions anyone has, will be answered in future episodes, such as the role of "Cosmog" surely that will be asked or hinted at in sun and moon episode 44, but won't likely be answered for awhile (as in it evolves into either Solgaleo/Lunala)

But all of this at the cost of revealing more titles for October? I highly doubt the following episodes will ONLY be about Cosmog, though I'm sure it will be in those episodes.

It's like they don't want us to know, I mean its like they're trying to intentionally hide information from the viewers. Look I don't care if Dartrix or rather (Fukuthrow? Wait really that's Japanese name....LMAO) is in the title and implies that Ash's Rowlet evolves, I think as for viewers (and I specifically mean the Japanese people) they have the right to know, and Pokemon has never had consistent information release, I want to know why they seem to not care about Sun and Moon.
I think you answered your own question—the marketing department might be intentionally trying not to spoil too much for the viewers. Perhaps they want viewers to focus on Cosmog's and the Aether Foundation's upcoming debut (which is a big deal). Perhaps they want to hide an upcoming evolution.

I don't know why a lack of information leads you to assume the marketing department doesn't care about Sun&Moon or that Sun&Moon promotion has been awful. Withholding information can be just as effective a marketing tactic as revealing information. The marketing department has revealed what they want viewers to know and/or focus on, and has withheld what they don't want viewers to know and/or focus on.

Honestly, I think many fans have been spoiled by the tendency of magazines and other promotional materials to spoil upcoming episode titles, to the point that they feel entitled to a deluge of information.

I'm actually shocked Lycanroc hasn't gotten either Counter or Accelrock yet... but the fact it needs Stone Edge to use it's signature Z-Move makes this all the more complicated
Ash's Lycancroc used Accelerock in one of the most recent episodes, so it does know the move.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero

It has used Accelerock against Team Rocket in SM42. (I thought it was Tackle when I watched SM42 live. lol)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ahhh Lycanroc is getting some focus again!! I hope we still get to see the little puppy we know and love. :)

Guess I'm the only one gawking over Mallow having a part in taking care of Nebby, seems like she didn't give up yet like Kiawe. So it's Lillie who once again names Nebby? So is Ash taking Lillie's credit for naming it in the preview? :p I hope Nebby's crying isn't as excessive as Noibat's... now that was irritating. We always have to have a crying baby in every saga. Still don't trust Lusamine but I'm interested on Burnet and the others' events to come.

dman_dustin

I think you answered your own question—the marketing department might be intentionally trying not to spoil too much for the viewers. Perhaps they want viewers to focus on Cosmog's and the Aether Foundation's upcoming debut (which is a big deal). Perhaps they want to hide an upcoming evolution.

I don't know why a lack of information leads you to assume the marketing department doesn't care about Sun&Moon or that Sun&Moon promotion has been awful. Withholding information can be just as effective a marketing tactic as revealing information. The marketing department has revealed what they want viewers to know and/or focus on, and has withheld what they don't want viewers to know and/or focus on.

Honestly, I think many fans have been spoiled by the tendency of magazines and other promotional materials to spoil upcoming episode titles, to the point that they feel entitled to a deluge of information.

Intentionally hiding summaries, or detailed information is one thing, completely hiding titles is an entirely different thing.

To me, not revealing information as such titles, to me shows they don't care about the show, because its like the SHOW doesn't even exist.

How can viewers tune in to the next episode, if as far as they are concerned there is NO next episode, how can people organize the schedule to be able to sit down and watch a 20 minute show if as far as they are concerned there is no episode.

"Well it doesn't look like there's an episode on October 12 or 19th, I guess I'll go on that two week date with that person I've always gone with."

Even with titles they could better gauge if they even want to watch it when it airs, or they could hold off on.

No casual (and casual being the primary word here) viewer should be patient enough to want to wait until information is revealed.

In America, changing the days of television show, to a different day often spells disaster because people would have to reorganize their entire schedule to watch THEIR show, and they likely do it for some instances because of the viewership during that time frame, which MIGHT be good for the new show, but might be bad for the older show.

Don't think that's necessarily a problem for Pokemon or Japan but I would think LACK of information would most definitely kill off casual viewers because they can't come up with a consistent schedules if they don't KNOW anything.

Even I, who doesn't qualify as a normal or casual viewer is feeling the strain of lack of information, and even though there's no reason, I almost feel like giving up on the sun and moon anime, because it seems like they don't care about the series. Lack of information naturally and logically kills any sort of media. Movies with lack of information ends up not doing so well when its released, and bad movies with lots of promotion tend to do better than they should.

Hiding the Cosmog storyline was annoying but clever, at this point I don't care about the "Clever" aspect since its been done before, now I "need" information to flow in order for me to think they actually care. It most definitely now especially feels like they are pumping out an episode a week for the sake of an episode a week regardless if its an amazing episode/plot.

Everyone is different, so agree to disagree I guess.

Janovy

Banned
I don't care about the "Clever" aspect since its been done before, now I "need" information to flow in order for me to think they actually care. It most definitely now especially feels like they are pumping out an episode a week for the sake of an episode a week regardless if its an amazing episode/plot.
OR, they are trying to maximize the enjoyment with the secrecy regarding the upcoming episodes?

Less spoilers = more surprise.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
well i rather they hide the tittle rather they show the titled and everyone jump on conclusion and judge the episode by the title
like " oh another filler " or "mallow episode with is gonna be filler" or OMG bla bla bla

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
Isn't Dustin like always raging unnecessarily just for the sake of it, though?

Honestly, the lack of information on the upcoming episodes does not equate to the marketing team having zero care about the series. It could also possibly also spoil some Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon stuff. I don't know where that kind of argument comes from because the show have had episode title reveals of like four episodes that covers the entire month and people still complain when they don't it once in a while. This community is... odd.

dman_dustin

Isn't Dustin like always raging unnecessarily just for the sake of it, though?

I'm not on here 24/7, so I have better things to do than to rage unnecessarily for the sake of it. Nor do I respond to every post.

I really only talk about things I want to talk about and to catch up on things.

And for god's sakes what was the last thing I said in my last post?

"Everyone is different, so agree to disagree I guess."

If people are fine with a severe lack of information, then so be it, all the more power to you.

Don't know why I having a differing opinion is so controversial on these forums.

Edit: And for crying out loud all I want consistent information to be released. I don't want a mass of information to be released, and I definitely don't want last minute reveals. Dragonball Super is clearly the better anime when it comes specifically to information release.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I don't know how, but I expect for Rowlet and Litten to start to evolve soon and reach their full potential.

With Decidueye, Ash will finally get a Ghost Pokemon (although I wouldn't mind if Ash captures a Gengar in Alola). And Ash has affinity with fire (even his name, "Ash"), so Incineroar will have to reach the same level of Charizard or Infernape.