• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon, your thoughts now vs first thoughts

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Thinking a bit more, do you think they might include the post-game quest from SM or visit the Sinnoh BF if they do go through trials quickly?

Possibly. It'd be nice to return to Sinnoh for a post trials quest.

ShadowForce720

Possibly. It'd be nice to return to Sinnoh for a post trials quest.

In which case if Ash does return to Sinnoh for a post trails quest, it would a good opportunity to bring back a past gen pokemon and evolve it, you know sort of like how during the Kanto Battle Frontier Ash brought back Phanpy and it wound up evolving into Donphan.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
In which case if Ash does return to Sinnoh for a post trails quest, it would a good opportunity to bring back a past gen pokemon and evolve it, you know sort of like how during the Kanto Battle Frontier Ash brought back Phanpy and it wound up evolving into Donphan.

#Justice4Gible

I could see a return to the BF in Sinnoh, especially if Sinnoh remakes come out. Maybe Palmer can have a continuity reference, like Claire from BW

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Thinking a bit more, do you think they might include the post-game quest from SM or visit the Sinnoh BF if they do go through trials quickly?
Maybe the post-game quest, but not the Sinnoh BF. The Sinnoh BF wasn't hyped up nearly as much as the Hoenn one was prior to Emerald's release.

I just don't want to see Decolore Islands 2.0, is all. I don't think anyone really does.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
No not really, I don't know where you even got that from because it's nothing like Oshawott personality wise as Oshawott when faced with a stronger opponent would suddenly get scared and want another pokemon to take it's place,
iirc that happened like twice with Yanappu and another time against Shooti, but it more or less stopped after that point. As it was more than willing to fight Bel's super strong daddy, Kenyan's Electric-type and many other powerful Pokemon. They do remind me of each other a bit, they're both very animated and active Pokemon with a lot of shine and personality. I don't really mind, if it was a choice between having a fully evolved Pokemon with no personality or character versus a first stage one with I'm probs gonna pick the latter every time. I just can't enjoy watching Pokemon with no character solely because they're fully evolved to be honest. Plus we've been shown thousands of times before that Pokemon can have personality, be unevolved but still be capable and active fighters.

where Rowlet doesn't have that fear, also before you say that oh well Rowlet's a gag mon because it sleep a lot, how about we take a look at this dex entry for Rowlets from pokemon sun "This wary Pokémon uses photosynthesis to store up energy during the day, while becoming active at night." so all Rowlets tend to sleep during the day so therefore it's not sleeping because of a running gag, but it's sleeping because it's daytime and that's a trait of all Rowlets.
That a true throwback to its entry and the writers play on that for a running gag, holding true to S&M "slapstick" on occasions not really a horrid thing either.

ShadowForce720

iirc that happened like twice with Yanappu and another time against Shooti, but it more or less stopped after that point. As it was more than willing to fight Bel's super strong daddy, Kenyan's Electric-type and many other powerful Pokemon. They do remind me of each other a bit, they're both very animated and active Pokemon with a lot of shine and personality. I don't really mind, if it was a choice between having a fully evolved Pokemon with no personality or character versus a first stage one with I'm probs gonna pick the latter every time. I just can't enjoy watching Pokemon with no character solely because they're fully evolved to be honest. Plus we've been shown thousands of times before that Pokemon can have personality, be unevolved but still be capable and active fighters.

That a true throwback to its entry and the writers play on that for a running gag, holding true to S&M "slapstick" on occasions not really a horrid thing either.

Considering if you read Dartrix's dex entry for Sun and Decidueye's dex entry for moon it says this about them "A bit of a dandy, it spends its free time preening its wings. Its preoccupation with any dirt on its plumage can leave it unable to battle."

"Although basically cool and cautious, when it’s caught by surprise, it’s seized by panic."

So it's not like Rowlet can't maintain it's personality as it evolves and eventually becomes a Decidueye since the whole Rowlet evolution line has a dex entry about them being Quirky. So I don't think people can just say that oh because Piplup, Oshawott, and Chespin were treated as gag mons and didn't evolve that it would some how make it unlikely for it to evolve as if you look at the dex entries for Rowlet's evolutions they mention them having a quirky personality so it would be easy for Rowlet to maintain it's personality even if it becomes a Decidueye.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Considering if you read Dartrix's dex entry for Sun and Decidueye's dex entry for moon it says this about them "A bit of a dandy, it spends its free time preening its wings. Its preoccupation with any dirt on its plumage can leave it unable to battle."

"Although basically cool and cautious, when it’s caught by surprise, it’s seized by panic."

So it's not like Rowlet can't maintain it's personality as it evolves and eventually becomes a Decidueye since the whole Rowlet evolution line has a dex entry about them being Quirky. So I don't think people can just say that oh because Piplup, Oshawott, and Chespin were treated as gag mons and didn't evolve that it would some how make it unlikely for it to evolve as if you look at the dex entries for Rowlet's evolutions they mention them having a quirky personality so it would be easy for Rowlet to maintain it's personality even if it becomes a Decidueye.
I'm not advocating against the evolution, I'm just saying I don't mind if it doesn't evolve. If it does I just don't want it to suddenly become a solely battle monster void of personality, characterization and the interactions with its trainer that made me grow to love it in the first place is all. It would be odd especially with how much time the writers are responding on it, Pikachu and Satoshi as a threesome. As for the gag-related Pokemon you mentioned, I'm not really subscribing to any "pattern" per say, I honestly enjoyed all those Pokemon for what they were. Obviously Harimaron's ill treatment in battle and screentime was only due to being under Citron's (who was a bit of a gag character himself) care though so I wouldn't really be too upset over that.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
I highly doubt Rowlett is gonna be reaching its final form anyway, my bet is on Litten receiving that honor

ShadowForce720

I highly doubt Rowlett is gonna be reaching its final form anyway, my bet is on Litten receiving that honor

or you know they could both receive the honor of fully evolving. After all there isn't anything that say that if Rowlet fully evolves that Litten can't fully evolved as well and vice versa. The way your putting it makes it sound like you think that if one fully evolves the other has to stay in it's basic stage which isn't true. Right now there really isn't anything that would stop both Rowlet and Litten from fully evolving.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Rowlet better make it all the way or not evolve period, I don't like it's middle smug butler form.

Regardless I am happy Ash beat Hala, and now look forward to seeing what comes next.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I'm not saying it's impossible, this just feels like a saga where the focus on cute small critters being cute is the precedent over fully evolved battle mons butting heads

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Rowlet is the bird of the generation. The bird always fully evolves. Plus, Decidueye is the obvious fan favorite of the Alolan starters and therefore great for marketing.

I think it's evolving all the way. Gliscor should be proof a Pokemon can have a quirky personality and be competent at battling anyway.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'm not saying it's impossible, this just feels like a saga where the focus on cute small critters being cute is the precedent over fully evolved battle mons butting heads

They're cute and cool if my mum has anything to say about it :/

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
My thoughts huh... Well I didn't exactly know where they were gonna take it when announcing Ash was going to school and would take on a more slap stick nature. And I'm not saying that like it was a bad thing, I mean I had no clue how they were gonna try and keep each episode as fresh as they could knowing Ash is the type to A. Travel B. Battle with little batting being indicated. My only disappointment at this benchmark is the fact that Trial Captains aren't apparently Trial Captains, which makes Lana's, Kiawe's, Mallow's, and Sophocles's Trial charms kinda pointless.

After today's episode though, and well even episode 9 really, I'm hopeful we'll get a few more battles in. If not though, then at they're going all out on these Totem battles and Kahuna battles.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
I loved it at the beginning and love it even more now. It's such a refreshing change from the other sagas, full of personality and for once it's actually funny.
It also has a lot of potential with the plot it's building.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well, Rowlet has surely done better than Oshawott in battles, but personality wise, it's pretty much Oshawott.

It's worse than Oshawott. It's ugly and real annoying. Nothing is "cute" about it.

Sinnoh BF. They'll probably just give UB 02 and up a movie after Marshadow.
And if Sinnoh remakes really happen, then that is the best thing they can do. Even if the BF doesn't return again(Hopefully it does this time.....) and it can give Gible and Totodile a chance to evolve and grow as they desperately need it compared to the rest of their regional teams.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Funny to see some here believing that Sinnoh BF will happen only because we heard once more then Sinnoh gym theme. It also happened some times in X&Y, nothing special.

Sinnoh BF. They'll probably just give UB 02 and up a movie after Marshadow.
And if Sinnoh remakes really happen, then that is the best thing they can do. Even if the BF doesn't return again(Hopefully it does this time.....) and it can give Gible and Totodile a chance to evolve and grow as they desperately need it compared to the rest of their regional teams.

If DP remakes are next, then it won't happen. They copied the Battle Facility of the previous games the for all three remakes yet. Hope for a new BF in Stars.

NeoDude-5000

This series is proving to be very impressive better than I thought it was going to be. At first I was like "Ash is going to school? Err... that's interesting. This better not end up like Best Wishes". Now "This is promising. Just like the games this looks fresh and interesting"

Irina

ready for Gen 8
Tbh, I already like it more than XY(Z).

I really had problems in the past with watching Kalos Ash + companions travelling through Kalos. Only interesting parts were the gym battles/League battles and Flare arc.
I forced myself to watch the other episodes, we got a ton of boring fillers.

S&M is doing it the right way. More emotional interaction between characters, a very interesting Pokégirl (Lillie <3) and actually good fillers. They're more fun to watch.

It's going fine atm. Hopefully they keep it up.