• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon, your thoughts now vs first thoughts

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The writers have to find out some way of Ash winning the League and still continuing travelling, because the same circle is really getting agonizing and repeatative. He certainly has the capability of winning a League. He defeated a Pokemon in DP which can sweep a League (Darkrai) and still hasn't won a League, in XY, he managed to battle toe to toe with a Champion's ace and overwhelm it(Mega Gardevoir), which E4 members would even struggle to do, and still hasn't won a League. He certainly has the capability to win a League, but the writers always have found some way of preventing Ash from winning a League. They need to stop this.

I honestly don't think they will. I guess they just don't see any reason to reason to have him win a league.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I honestly don't think they will. I guess they just don't see any reason to reason to have him win a league.

Maybe at some point after feeling the wrath of the fanbase, the writers will have no way but to have him win a League.

Spyro39

Maybe at some point after feeling the wrath of the fanbase, the writers will have no way but to have him win a League.

Unfortunately, there was already the wrath of the fanbase when Ash lost the Kalos League, but the writers did nothing to respond or apologize.

It didn't get any better when the initial SM reveal was negative, yet the writers still didn't respond.

Janovy

Banned
- BW happened. Writers didn't care.
- Kalos League happened. Writers didn't care.

Why on Earth should they start caring now lol? We are insignificant.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Unfortunately, there was already the wrath of the fanbase when Ash lost the Kalos League, but the writers did nothing to respond or apologize.

It didn't get any better when the initial SM reveal was negative.

Yeah that was honestly a betrayal on the part of the writers, they created false hope and hype that Ash will win this time, and still made him lose. But maybe they have learnt a lesson from the negative reaction back then and do something different from now on.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Talking about filler-like episodes, there was that episode in AG where May, her Squirtle, and Meowth travelled in time to save the husband of an old lady. It was all filler except for May's Eevee hatching from the egg.
A lot of episodes are like that. "Clefairy and the Moon Stone," "Hypno's Naptime," "Tentacool & Tentacruel," "March of the Exeggutor Squad," "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon," "Sparks Fly for Magnemite," "Mystery at the Lighthouse, "The Legend of Dratini" to name a few.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
A lot of episodes are like that. "Clefairy and the Moon Stone," "Hypno's Naptime," "Tentacool & Tentacruel," "March of the Exeggutor Squad," "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon," "Sparks Fly for Magnemite," "Mystery at the Lighthouse, "The Legend of Dratini" to name a few.

Yet they don't get hated on like SM so far; double standards I guess :/

Spyro39

Those were very old episodes. I doubt the fanbase even remembers that they were filler. :/

Heck, even I don't remember these episodes at all.

Either that, or they're protected by nostalgia.

Last edited:

SinnohEevee

The executives don't need to care about the backlash from Ash losing because the target audience for the show always gets renewed.

Even a former director (the first one) bluntly stated they don't need to care.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Yet they don't get hated on like SM so far; double standards I guess :/

I'm just going to assume that since they're not new, they're not hated on, or thought about nearly as much since it's in the past, and half the fans weren't even alive when they were viewed. They have no bar on the current plot either.
Now that pokemon is so far in, the new stuff is what people are concerned about.

Personally I enjoy it, but I would have liked those plot progression episodes that were fake.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The executives don't need to care about the backlash from Ash losing because the target audience for the show always gets renewed.

Well, but there has been a continuous upward trend so far except for BW-

Kanto- Top 16
Johto- Top 8
Hoenn- Top 8
Sinnoh- Top 4
Unova- Top 8
Kalos- Top 2

See, there has been a constant progression. The regression in BW was corrected in XY. So maybe, at this rate, he will the next one or the one after that.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu

Pretty much this.
After 20 years of the same treatment they aren't going to bother with this since it doesn't affect their target group.

SinnohEevee

Kanto- Top 16
Johto- Top 8
Hoenn- Top 8
Sinnoh- Top 4
Unova- Top 8
Kalos- Top 2

See, there has been a constant progression. The regression in BW was corrected in XY. So maybe, at this rate, he will the next one or the one after that.

I think they may even regress his ranking, keep it, or just remove the League all together.
This show survived Best Wishes after all.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think they may even regress his ranking, keep it, or just remove the League all together.
This show survived Best Wishes after all.

But the regression was very much corrected in XY.

SinnohEevee

But the regression was very much corrected in XY.

They can skip the League in Gen 7 and pull another one in Gen 8. Most of those who watch Gen 5 would be outside the target audience by then anyways. The show survived a regression, it could survive another.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Kanto- Top 16
Johto- Top 8
Hoenn- Top 8
Sinnoh- Top 4
Unova- Top 8
Kalos- Top 2

Unova and Kalos don't count that much.

In Unova, his mentality and team choices were mediocre at best.

In Kalos, we were lucky we got to see two full battles, and he happened to be blessed by a super exclusive no one else owned (who got its power cut short in the end), and two of his six team members turned out to be jobbers.

Janovy

Banned

Kanto- Top 16
Johto- Top 8
Hoenn- Top 8
Sinnoh- Top 4
Unova- Top 8
Kalos- Top 2

The progression is ultimately pointless since Ash will never win the League until the show ends.

So really, what is even the point of Ash reaching the top 2?

He can't possibly go beyond that, so now whatever he reaches next will be disappointing and just cause more complaints from fans.

ShadowForce720

The progression is ultimately pointless since Ash will never win the League until the show ends.

So really, what is even the point of Ash reaching the top 2?

He can't possibly go beyond that, so now whatever he reaches next will be disappointing and just cause more complaints from fans.

Not really because if the writers truly didn't care about progression then Ash probably would have just been stuck in the Top 16-Top 8 in each region, and yet we know that's not the case, and plus let's be honest here most people didn't even think Ash would ever wind up being in the Top 2 in a league and thought that the writers would only ever let him get to Top 4, so no matter what gen it will be presuming that their will be more leagues at some point it's not really a question of it if Ash will win a league as a more question of when and how long it will be before wining a league and which generation it will be.

As for him not being able to go beyond Top 2, may I point out that I'm pretty sure some people said the same thing about going beyond Top 4 and yet that didn't stop Ash from getting Top 2 in Kalos. Plus it's not like oh if Ash wins the league that the show would have to end or his journey would have to end because it's not like him winning a league automatically makes him a pokemon master, and before you try to say that oh well Pokémon Master is such a vague goal as it's not known what it takes to become one and is left open to interpretation that does not mean that the show has to end when Ash wins a league.

Because saying that the show ends or Ash's journey would have to end if Ash wins a league is basically saying that Ash winning a league would make him pokemon master which isn't the case.

Last edited: